HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vinny Prospal

Old
02-22-2013, 08:51 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Vinny Prospal

Is he trade-able to CBJ if they are out of it at the deadline?

What would CBJ want?

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Vinny has a handshake deal with the team that he will sign a series of 1 yr contracts with a NTC until he's ready to retire and take over a spot in the Front Office...now that was with Howson, no word if Davidson is planning to honor that deal

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Cu Culann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Vinny has a handshake deal with the team that he will sign a series of 1 yr contracts with a NTC until he's ready to retire and take over a spot in the Front Office...now that was with Howson, no word if Davidson is planning to honor that deal
Link? Vancouver could use a veteran playmaker like Vinny. Lowball bid: a 3rd. Don't think there would be much more than that.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post
Link? Vancouver could use a veteran playmaker like Vinny. Lowball bid: a 3rd. Don't think there would be much more than that.
There could be as many as 25 teams looking at buy at the deadline. If someone seriously wanted Prospal, and I would expect several teams to want him, the bidding will be extremely high.

I can't imagine a GM of a team with a rapidly-closing window to contend having to tell his fans that, "We're sorry we fell short of winning a Cup and now have to rebuild. We just couldn't trade a draft pick that would be used on a guy who won't be in the NHL before 2016."

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Cu Culann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
There could be as many as 25 teams looking at buy at the deadline. If someone seriously wanted Prospal, and I would expect several teams to want him, the bidding will be extremely high.

I can't imagine a GM of a team with a rapidly-closing window to contend having to tell his fans that, "We're sorry we fell short of winning a Cup and now have to rebuild. We just couldn't trade a draft pick that would be used on a guy who won't be in the NHL before 2016."
That's fine. I can't imagine the GM of a team like Columbus would get anything other than a kings ransom. Don't think Prospal is the piece that puts us over the top, was only kicking tires. You have successfully destroyed my interest. Thanks for the offer.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
That's fine. I can't imagine the GM of a team like Columbus would get anything other than a kings ransom. Don't think Prospal is the piece that puts us over the top, was only kicking tires. You have successfully destroyed my interest. Thanks for the offer.
I actually used my exact phrasing a couple days ago to describe San Jose, who looks to be floating around "could be great, could go all the way, or could drop to 7th and get swept in the first round" territory. And with their farm system having long-term projects but few surefire NHLers on the horizon, combined with a rapidly aging and declining NHL roster, it certainly applies to them.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

Columbus could get a 1st+ at the deadline. Tell GMs their division rivals are outbidding them even if they aren't.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Good! Columbus needs a veteran and leader like Prospal, he'll go a long way for them. From what I remember he was a great help last year. Plus it's nice to see Columbus set him up post-retirement like that.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:54 AM
chunkbox

i love Vinny and value him as one of the handful of players we have that i want to keep here ...

that being said i HIGHLY doubt we could convince another GM to give up a first rounder for him ... ( not that i wouldn't love that trade )

just can't see that happening

chunkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I actually used my exact phrasing a couple days ago to describe San Jose, who looks to be floating around "could be great, could go all the way, or could drop to 7th and get swept in the first round" territory. And with their farm system having long-term projects but few surefire NHLers on the horizon, combined with a rapidly aging and declining NHL roster, it certainly applies to them.
Well if you're talking about San Jose they they could just as easily get swept in the first round with the 1 seed.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:03 AM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Is he trade-able to CBJ if they are out of it at the deadline?

What would CBJ want?
7th round from the pens to see if he could fill that LW slot on the second line with malkin and neal

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:35 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post
7th round from the pens to see if he could fill that LW slot on the second line with malkin and neal
Troll.

1st in the 20-30 range + mid tier prospect with bottom pairing/bottom 6 potential
Or
2nd + 3rd + mid tier prospect
IMO, there will be a lot of buyers.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...extension.html

Quote:
The deal is worth $2.5 million and includes a no-trade clause. It also includes a gentleman's agreement that when Prospal's playing days are over, he'll stay with the organization in some capacity.

"When we started talking, we asked him if he wanted to stay and be a leader, to stay here beyond playing and take a role with the organization," Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told The Dispatch. "He really likes it here. His family likes it here. He's enjoyed his role mentoring the young players, and you've seen the energy and passion he brings to everything he does, every practice and every game."

Prospal's post-career role has not been defined. First off, nobody can say how much longer he'll play. As long as he's healthy and productive, Howson said, the two sides will work on one-year extensions.
Before anyone gets into the whole "yeah but that was with Howson" -- before thanking me for the asked-for link...

We know. There has been no public indication of whether or not current FO leadership will honor that agreement. I have to believe it's been discussed, though. I know if I were Vinny, I would have asked the question.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:11 AM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Troll.

1st in the 20-30 range + mid tier prospect with bottom pairing/bottom 6 potential
Or
2nd + 3rd + mid tier prospect
IMO, there will be a lot of buyers.
i didnt mean any disrespect to that offer i just know hes a soft player and would just need a filler for the pens second line after looking closely at his stats and stuff i would prolly give it a 3rd 2013 pick and a low prospect

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post
i didnt mean any disrespect to that offer i just know hes a soft player and would just need a filler for the pens second line after looking closely at his stats and stuff i would prolly give it a 3rd 2013 pick and a low prospect
Well, then I'm sure someone else will "prolly" offer more.