HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh - Dallas

Old
02-25-2013, 08:55 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadrian View Post
Niskanen really has been fixed. No Stars or former Stars are being insulted. Maybe a bit of a shot at your GM.

That said, you can keep Jagr. Forever. **** that guy.
He hasn't been "fixed", you have a system that he works well in. I have zero doubt in my mind if he came back here he would revert to the giveaway machine he had become pre-trade. He was literally addition by subtraction during that trade. Chalk him working in Pittsburgh's system as a major bonus for you guys but your staff are in no way miracle workers. Conversely, our organization is more miss than hit when it comes to defensemen lately. Goligoski has proven to be no more than a barely legitimate top-4 defenseman in our system (which he wasn't in Pittsburgh either).

We'll play our defense prospects rather than take back Nisky and his major bag of issues that we sent east.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:58 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Pens fans love to **** all over Jagr but one goal in a Pens sweater and all would be forgiven by nearly everyone. The Jagr love affair would be abloom in Pittsburgh once again.

In reality I doubt he ever plays here again in no small part to the bridges he burned with Ray Shero & Mario. I do think it's possible that it ends up a Tom Barrasso situation where he signs a one-day contract in order to retire with the team & get his number retired. People can say what they want about Jags but he's easily in the top five and probably in the top three when it comes to most important Penguins ever. He deserves to have his number retired by the team.
Top 3? Who edges him out of the #2 spot?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Top 3? Who edges him out of the #2 spot?
Crosby does. Drafting him brought in the revenue the team needed to survive while they negotiated for a new arena. Plus he just signed what is essentially a lifetime contract, meaning he's most likely going to play here his entire career and retire here. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him buy into team ownership at some point after his retirement. All speculation but it's not that far fetched.

I said *most important*, not best.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:25 AM
SteelFish87*

if the Pens wanted Jagr they would have tried to sign him

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:33 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
He hasn't been "fixed", you have a system that he works well in. I have zero doubt in my mind if he came back here he would revert to the giveaway machine he had become pre-trade. He was literally addition by subtraction during that trade. Chalk him working in Pittsburgh's system as a major bonus for you guys but your staff are in no way miracle workers. Conversely, our organization is more miss than hit when it comes to defensemen lately. Goligoski has proven to be no more than a barely legitimate top-4 defenseman in our system (which he wasn't in Pittsburgh either).

We'll play our defense prospects rather than take back Nisky and his major bag of issues that we sent east.
It's clearly not just the system, he was very ordinary at first with the Pens but now he's playing in a top 4 role, providing some decent offense while being responsible defensively.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:36 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Lets just agree that no one wants their old crap back and leave it at that.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Zbynek

If we move Niskanen it's for an up and coming winger. The Shero formula. Develop and then move young PMD for moar wingerz. It's the only way.

Plus, like everyone else said, Jagr isn't getting traded, especially not to Pittsburgh at this point.

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
conooper

I don't like the idea of that proposal at all.

For the Pens, the only players I think that would make any sense in coming this way would be: Robidas and Ryder.

I'm just not sure what Dallas needs, or what the Pens have to get that package deal. I'm sure Kennedy or Jeffrey + a pick or a prospect would be enticing for a couple of veterans.

conooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:07 PM
wej20

+/- being the be all and end all when it comes to assessing dmen obviously.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:09 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
It's clearly not just the system, he was very ordinary at first with the Pens but now he's playing in a top 4 role, providing some decent offense while being responsible defensively.
He had hit a serious rut during his last two seasons in Dallas which saw his ice-time and production drop, but his best seasons in Dallas (first two seasons) saw him play 20 min/game.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote