HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins-Flyers talking trade?

Old
02-24-2013, 11:07 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well except Briere hasnt played center all season. He has been on wing. He actually hasnt been too impressive but is still about a ppg (11 points in 17 games or something like that.) He looks better offensively when at center but is terrible defensively. When on the wing he isnt as flashy but gets points and isnt a trainwreck defensively.

A first and something small for one of the current nhlers best playoff performers is not to bad to ask. Bruins dont want to keep him they amnesty him. I dont know if you guys have anyone to use on both of the amnesties
Why wouldn't they just trade him in the off season. Why do we have to amnesty him if we pick him up? I'm pretty sure his ntc becomes void if he agrees to a trade.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:33 AM
unifiedtheory

I don't think the teams are good trade partners to be honest. Unless Chiarelli wants to blow it up a little, then I think things could happen.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:36 AM
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Briere+3rd+Wellwood/Zolnierzyk for Hamilton+1st
Lets try again.

Briere+(3rd/Knuble)+Fedotenko for Hamilton+ conditional 1st if they dont buy briere out at summer or they are in conference final.

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:46 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Lets try again.

Briere+(3rd/Knuble)+Fedotenko for Hamilton+ conditional 1st if they dont buy briere out at summer or they are in conference final.
Hamilton won't get moved for anything short of a ridiculous offer that another team won't make.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
Lets try again.

The Bruins need a young defenseman. Much like Philly does. If you wanted Hamilton, you should have drafted him.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:20 AM
drizzydrew22*

bruins are looking at TK from the pens, no body from the flyers

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 06:52 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Lets try again.

You can stop trying

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:03 AM
DarrenRyan

Two things have to be considered, 1) Bruins have grinders on the roster that are not even dressing in Pandolfo and Mcdermid, so i cant see Ruslan or Talbot being the target 2) Bruins have D depth in Providence, And Philly really needs defense, couldn't we part with Boychuk, Ference, or Mcquaud?

I'd like to see this

To Boston - Daniel Briere

To Philly - Johnny Boychuk, mid level prospect

DarrenRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRyan View Post
Two things have to be considered, 1) Bruins have grinders on the roster that are not even dressing in Pandolfo and Mcdermid, so i cant see Ruslan or Talbot being the target 2) Bruins have D depth in Providence, And Philly really needs defense, couldn't we part with Boychuk, Ference, or Mcquaud?

I'd like to see this

Why would Philly need another third pair defender? We are only interested top pair defender or top prospect.

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Why would Philly need another third pair defender? We are only interested top pair defender or top prospect.
Good luck getting a top pairing or top prospect for breire

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:59 AM
bearcountry17

vCash: 160
Quote:
JB is easily a number 4 d- man on any team in the league. Plays around 20+ minutes a night and would be at least your #3 and exactly the type of rugged, defense first, defenseman the flyers need. Everyone wants a top pairing d-man but there isn't enough to go around. I'd hamper your expectations.

In hindsight you guys probably should have just drafted Hamilton or Brodin but went with who they thought was the bpa which I wouldn't fault Homer on.

Last edited by bearcountry17: 02-25-2013 at 11:05 AM.
bearcountry17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:06 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRyan View Post

I'd like to see this

and i'd reconsider both of those considerations.

Pandolfo is suck.

McDermid i like as a 4th liner, but he has next to no NHL games to his credit yet to see if he will be an effective 4tgh liner for Clode (read, not a liability on the ice)

Our proividence D depth is limited and on the smaller less physical side with no NHL experience.

Not what i want for cup contention.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:15 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I dont know if the Flyers actually trade for a defender. I personally think if Briere is going the Flyers look to add a 1st (which could be late) and either a decent or so prospect or a contract exchange/money deal to lessin Brieres contract.

Like it has been said we dont need 3rd pairing guys (or even a #4) and our top 4 of Timonen, Schenn, Grossmann and Coburn have been extremely good especially of late. Also they have Gustaffson they just called up who has looked great and playing 19 ish minutes a night. As a trade deadline deal the team trying to add the player almost always adds a first plus something else depending on the value of the player.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
agreen23

Quote:
Boychuk is a top 4 Dman on the Bs, one of the best defensive teams. He would easily slot in as your #3. Youre not going to get a #1D unless Giroux or Schenn and Couts are on the table, which wont likely happen. Dont be ludicrous.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:27 AM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Boychuk is a top 4 Dman on the Bs, one of the best defensive teams. He would easily slot in as your #3. Youre not going to get a #1D unless Giroux or Schenn and Couts are on the table, which wont likely happen. Dont be ludicrous.
OR top prospect.

And I'll add: Or top pick (meaning 1st, which is a low first in this case).

A prospect or a pick isn't much for Briere. Not even both, depending on how high the pick is.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
We should be absolutely giddy if we get a first rounder for Briere.
exactly. if the Flyers are out of the running for a playoff spot they should take the 1st round pick offer for Briere and run. fast.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Prongo
Beer

I have no clue why Briere to Boston is even being discussed... Boston doesn't need Briere, especially with that cap hit. He has it for two more seasons after this. I see maybe a talbot or Feds being moved to the Bruins, and for not that much coming in return. I actually could see Talbot getting a pretty nice return just because he is locked up at a reasonable price for 3 more years after this actually.

Also about Briere getting traded depends a whole lot on the team trying to get him. I see a budget team( St Louis, Anahiem, Nashville) as teams that would be willing to surrender a 1st rounder for him because of his actual salary compared to cap hit. I don't really see a team like Boston, Vancouver, Chicago being choices just because of the contract. Detroit could be a sleeper team interested in Briere come the deadline if the Flyers are out of it I think.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:48 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Good luck getting a top pairing or top prospect for breire
No one said they could, only that they have no need for another mid-pair/defense guy.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
1st from Boston for Briere would be fine with me if we're out of it.
Oh heck yes. It would be fine with me also.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:31 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
always liked Brière, the question is what do we do with his contract... would be goodbye Horton after this season and that might not even cover it
They could always just buy him out, he's owed 5 million over the last 2 years with a cap hit of 6.5

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Gaustad didn't have 2 more years at 6.5M cap hit
No, but he got 4 more years at 3.25 million (from the team that gave up that 1st) which is exactly the same dollar amount that is owed to Briere.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Bmessy

What would you guys want for Talbot? And my god, you have an interesting cap situation coming up in the next few years to say the least.

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote