Old
02-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
Lol

All I'm watching is how other teams play. Isn't it obvious to you dump and chase doesn't work? I understand it against maybe the coyotes because of heavy trap. But it should never be your main gameplan against every team. Teams that are worse than us are scoring 5+ goals in a game and we can only manage barely 2 a game. Makes sense to me.

Edit: Could you imagine this team without Parise and Suter? My god.
It takes years to get it right. Be patient, hell maybe if we are patient enough Dany Heatley will score 50 goals again, not in a season but over the combination of years that the team is developing chemistry.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
It takes years to get it right. Be patient, hell maybe if we are patient enough Dany Heatley will score 50 goals again, not in a season but over the combination of years that the team is developing chemistry.

Can't refute the point, so you come up with this...way to be buddy, way to be.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post

Can't refute the point, so you come up with this...way to be buddy, way to be.
You want me to refute your prediction that years from now Yeo will have succeeed in building chemistry and the Wild will be a dynasty? I don't have a crystal ball to refute your point with sorry, but i can see what is happening on the ice right now and say i don't think your prediction will come true and i would rather not watch this team with talent fail while we wait years to see if your prediction comes true or not.

You bring up all the line changes from last year to this year? You do realize that our top 3 lines next year will not be what they are now don't you? Do you think Heatley is still here? PMB? Cullen? So does the fact that next year we will have all new lines again add even more years to your just be patient prediction?

The argument you make about patience with Yeo is the same argument the Heatley supporters make about him so yeah, i tied them in together because i think they both fly in the face of reality.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
DANOZ28

this is a results business, (example the T-puppies or maple loafs) should we as fans be ok with 5,10,20 years of fail? there has to be a point where your say enough!

Old
02-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 581
PMB and Cullen likely won't be, Heatley I think will be. So there is one line likely intact. We will have a hell of lot less turnover from this year to next year than we did from last year to this one. Parise, Koivu, Seto, Granlund, then add in Coyle, Zucker, Larsson and again Heatley.
They will also have another year of chemistry with this staff and with the defense. But hey, if you really think chemistry just happens overnight, there's nothing I can do about that.
Again, we changed EVERY line and D combo from last season, that will not be the case next season
As I mentioned to someone else, go take a look at the teams who are contenders year after year and tell me what they have in common. For the most part, it's stability within the organization. How many teams win when they keep shuffling coaches/Gm's year after year or every couple of years? Reality is, not many.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
PMB and Cullen likely won't be, Heatley I think will be. So there is one line likely intact. We will have a hell of lot less turnover from this year to next year than we did from last year to this one. Parise, Koivu, Seto, Granlund, then add in Coyle, Zucker, Larsson and again Heatley.
They will also have another year of chemistry with this staff and with the defense. But hey, if you really think chemistry just happens overnight, there's nothing I can do about that.
Again, we changed EVERY line and D combo from last season, that will not be the case next season
As I mentioned to someone else, go take a look at the teams who are contenders year after year and tell me what they have in common. For the most part, it's stability within the organization. How many teams win when they keep shuffling coaches/Gm's year after year or every couple of years? Reality is, not many.
If Heatley is still on this team next year and CF doesn't use the free out he will have this off season to get rid of Dany then i will begin to have my doubts about CFs abilities as a GM.
Hell i think Yeos job this season would become a hell of alot easier if CF could figure out a way to unload Heatley right now.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Quote:
If Heatley is still on this team next year and CF doesn't use the free out he will have this off season to get rid of Dany then i will begin to have my doubts about CFs abilities as a GM.
Hell i think Yeos job this season would become a hell of alot easier if CF could figure out a way to unload Heatley right now.
What if Heatley is re-signed for cheap?

Old
02-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
What if Heatley is re-signed for cheap?
Nope. He has nothing to bring to the table anymore, sad to say at 32 years old he is about as close to done as one gets.

Where would you play him if they did re-sign him for cheap?

Old
02-24-2013, 10:02 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Getting rid of Yeo would be stupid at this time. We would need an entire training camp to fix what is broken.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Quote:
Nope. He has nothing to bring to the table anymore, sad to say at 32 years old he is about as close to done as one gets.

Where would you play him if they did re-sign him for cheap?
Second line.

He's still producing points and isn't a complete liability.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Second line.

Second in scoring. Maybe Granlund next year could help him.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Second line.

I think he is a complete liability to any line you put him on.

We will see where he ends up points wise at the end of the season and i bet it isn't pretty. 1 goal in his past what 12 games? Last week people were quick to point out that he was on pace for 27 goals, well that goal pace is now down to 24 and i think it will be under 20 by the time all is said and done.

As i have said before, i really want to be wrong about Heatley but the eyes don't lie.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Avder
Is only game.

vCash: 50
Heatley is fine. It's the whole damn team that sucks, and thats why almost everyone looks bad. Koivu, Parise, Suter, the rest of our D. hell the only players who have looked good lately are Cullen, Coyle, Zucker, Butch, and Brodin. Everyone else looks lost out there, and those 5 players can't carry the team themselves.

I'm about set to get on this bandwagon and call for Yeo's head. I want Ruff at this point I think. Sure it's not fair to Yeo, but we need a big change to wake this team the hell up.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:28 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
we need a big change to wake this team the hell up.
We did that. A lot.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
People do understand there is no way Yeo is fired this year in the shortened season right?
Like a team wouldn't fire a coach they've had for 15 years in a short season?

Old
02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
People do understand there is no way Yeo is fired this year in the shortened season right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Like a team wouldn't fire a coach they've had for 15 years in a short season?

Old
02-25-2013, 08:57 AM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

wait, PMB has looked good lately? you talking physically or hockey game, because i haven't been seeing the hockey good lately.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:45 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 1582
We are in a terrible place.

Bad side. We are only 2 points ahead of 14th place

Good side. We are within 4 points with a few games in hand from home ice advantage.

The scary side. We waited with Gabby got nothing, we tried to make something happen with Barker got the bad end, we jumped the gun on Gillies, we were set for a long time and added Simon instead of doing something etc... We have a history of jumping the gun and being wrong and waiting and being wrong.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've thought this year you only make deals that make sense long term.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:48 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
We are in a terrible place.

Bad side. We are only 2 points ahead of 14th place

Good side. We are within 4 points with a few games in hand from home ice advantage.

The scary side. We waited with Gabby got nothing, we tried to make something happen with Barker got the bad end, we jumped the gun on Gillies, we were set for a long time and added Simon instead of doing something etc... We have a history of jumping the gun and being wrong and waiting and being wrong.
You do realize we had different management during most of your example, right

Old
02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 1582
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
You do realize we had different management during most of your example, right
Same fan base.

Everyone has one leg off the egde if we fire Yeo and the other side has one leg off if he stays. Based off of our history; I do not see so much as in terms of JL, Fletcher, Rickards, Yeo, DR, its all Wild to me. The orinal 6 can break down into eras we do not have the history to break things up.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Sportserie

I really do wonder if Yeo is in the hot seat right now as far as Craig Leipold is concerned.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:10 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Same fan base.

Everyone has one leg off the egde if we fire Yeo and the other side has one leg off if he stays. Based off of our history; I do not see so much as in terms of JL, Fletcher, Rickards, Yeo, DR, its all Wild to me. The orinal 6 can break down into eras we do not have the history to break things up.
While you are right to some extent, I would have to say this team has been more involved and dynamic involving decisions under Fletcher. He has shown multiple times that he is not afraid to make changes, sometimes key ones.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:06 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 thoughts touches a bit on Wild coaching changes as well as a bit on a Cullen trade to Pittsburgh.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...eeds-work.html

Enjoy

Old
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Has there been any quotes from Leipold about team performance lately? He can't be too thrilled right now I would think.

Closed Thread