HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

GDT Hair of the Dog game: Caps vs Devils take 2 - 12pm start

Old
02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSauce View Post
Does anyone else think the powerplay looks better with Carlson on it than Green? He seems to create more movement both with his body and the puck. He isn't telegraphing his pass to Ovi and seems to move quicker and keep the puck in the zone
I have been seeing the same, but it's a small sample size. He has an urgency that Green lacks. He may not be "better" than Green, but he does the things he needs to do as we are constructed, which is get the puck to Ribs or Ovi asap, over and over.

When he is setup for a shot, he takes it. Green just seems.... slower to read or react to quick passing on the PP, too frequently for someone of his skill level. Other times, Green is fine. But I like an urgency on the PP and the kid is not hurting in any way.

You know who else looks damn good on the PP? Tomas Kundratek.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Mickstix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Lolski's wiff aside, 55 and 3 were atrocious all game. By far the worst players on the ice. The Mites skating during intermission would of beaten them today.

The Hammer must be a Jordan Crawford situation if he can't get a sweater over those 2 stooges.
That pair is living on a wing & prayer every shift.. Hammer should definitely get a sweater over one of those two.. Love Erskine in the game, but he's getting too many minutes as well.. Need (yea Im gonna say it) Green back, and dipship GM to find us an actual blue liner and they may have a fighting chance.. (as long as Ovi/Ribs have strong shoulders)

Mickstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I have been seeing the same, but it's a small sample size. He has an urgency that Green lacks. He may not be "better" than Green, but he does the things he needs to do as we are constructed, which is get the puck to Ribs or Ovi asap, over and over.

When he is setup for a shot, he takes it. Green just seems.... slower to read or react to quick passing on the PP, too frequently for someone of his skill level. Other times, Green is fine. But I like an urgency on the PP and the kid is not hurting in any way.

Its a good thing we have 3 Dman able to handle PP duties with so many of them having groins made of chewed up rubber bands

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Foy

That must have been a 55 other than Schultz out there then. As for Erskine's delay of game call, that definitely hit the glass on the way out, you could hear it clear as day in the arena.

You know how I know the Devils weren't going to score on that Penalty Shot? John Carlson wasn't on the ice.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:59 PM
MoJoSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Yeah, Green is more lackadaisical with the puck. Where as the younger puck movers seem more urgent which helps the PP.

I'm surprised Kundratek hasn't scored yet. He has look really impressive jumping up into play and firing from the point

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Roughing

Man, I wish Orlov was playing. Just sayin...

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:26 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I was looking forward to Orlov too but now am not expecting to see him this year.

Regardless Green has competition for PP time lining up behind him.

Posters were quick to say we needed Green after Thursdays game... not so much now. The kids behind him can get things done and are probably no more erratic than Green was with the same GP.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
txpd

green...pp points. 3. kundratek. 3. carlson...0.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:11 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Most of that is going off the assumption that the team won't be able to extend him. If his value is sky-high and he's walking either way, well...
EXACTLY...I've yet to see anyone suggest Ribeiro SHOULD be moved. The questions are 1)Will the Caps pony up for a 4 year deal presumably around the $5.5 mil per range, 2) Does Ribeiro want to stay here or will he chase the biggest $$ come July 1?

Then lastly, will the Caps sell him off if it's a seller's market and they're out of the playoff hunt?

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:17 PM
MoJoSauce

I think Ribeiro wants to stay in DC. He likes the idea of feeding Ovi 1 timers for the rest of his career. I think him staying in DC while the lockout was going on says a lot on him wanting to be here

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:26 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Sounds like wishful thinking...

This is his last big contract shot. Unless the Caps are virtually matching any offer, I'd be shocked if he didn't make the best business decision when it's time. Maybe we get lucky with the Cap flux, who knows...would be a first for a Caps team in a long while (a hometown discount of sorts).

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
green...pp points. 3. kundratek. 3. carlson...0.

Green does need to be more decisive on the PP, but he's definitely been better than Carlson back there.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:29 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post

Green does need to be more decisive on the PP, but he's definitely been better than Carlson back there.
Per PP TOI may be interesting to see.

As it is, Kundratek with 3 points same as Green is quite telling.

So, Green does need to be more decisive, nice that you agree.

Where does Carlson struggle on the PP? Good luck with that.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 02-25-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 08:43 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSauce View Post
I think Ribeiro wants to stay in DC. He likes the idea of feeding Ovi 1 timers for the rest of his career. I think him staying in DC while the lockout was going on says a lot on him wanting to be here
For a guy like him, with his reputation over his career... I could see him taking *some* discount for the sake of stability. But not much. And judging what is and isn't a "discount" is going to be very, very tough this offseason. Who knows what the market will end up looking like? Given how well he's playing so far, he's on pace to become one of the best likely-UFAs.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:58 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Sign Ribeiro.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:49 AM
jsykes

I think Ribiero wants to stay here and if we give him a fair deal, he'll take it. I spoke with him once at our rink and he stated he was worried about the lockout because he didnt want to have come here as a waste and that he wanted to impress and not have to move on again. He has two kids in school here and playing hockey here and he implied he really hoped to be able to stay and provide them stability.

It sounded quite sincere and with the way he's playing, he seems to be following through with that statement to impress and re-sign.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Personally, I'm hoping they pull a Bordick with him.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:02 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

What? Trade him at the deadline and re-sign him?

F that. Too risky.

Its taken Mafki this god damn long to get a decent 2nd center...just sign his ass and be done with it. Trade Green or something instead.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
What? Trade him at the deadline and re-sign him?

F that. Too risky.

Its taken Mafki this god damn long to get a decent 2nd center...just sign his ass and be done with it. Trade Green or something instead.
Maybe I should rephrase: I hope they are able to execute a Bordick with him. It'd be the ideal situation for the organization. Trying to do it and being unsuccessful, not so much

But yeah, even though I'm on the re-tool/seller at the deadline side of things, I am in favor of at least try to extend him.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote