HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM
lablite47

vCash: 500
Horton and/or Getzlaf are definitely good players but if we are going to trace for anyone, hands down ROR is more in line with the organizations direction as Isee it. They seem to be going after 6'+ , 200 lbs frames below 23yrs of age and ROR fits that mold quite well. Not to mention that he is a blue chip prospect (if not proven) player at this point. He would be at the same age and stage of development as Kane, Little, Bogo, Postma, Redmond, Wright, etc.. and would fit in well as one of the core players to to build your team around for years to come. Add Scheifele, Trouba, Lowry to the mix as well as hopefully at least a couple of this years picks and I for one would look forward to this this group vault us to cup contenders for years to come! We can't forget about big Buff either! Burmi & Enstrom are good trade bait going forward IMO and maybe could offered for ROR in some combination?

Old
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Enstrom >>>> Ror.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Dirty30

I find it a bit frustrating that there isn't more talk in the media with regards to the Jets being involved in trade rumours.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up that the Jets deal for ROR because I can't see them involved in a significant deal. I I really think Chevy needs to do something big ASAP for the Jets to have any hope of making the playoffs this year?

Last edited by Dirty30: 02-24-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Enstrom >>>> Ror.
Yurp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty30 View Post
I find it a bit frustrating that there isn't more talk in the media with regards to the Jets being involved in trade rumours. I'm trying not to get my hopes up that the Jets deal for ROR because I can't see use involve in a significant deal. Chevy needs to do something big ASAP to have any hope of making the playoffs.
Huh?

Old
02-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Hansen Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty30 View Post
I find it a bit frustrating that there isn't more talk in the media with regards to the Jets being involved in trade rumours.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up that the Jets deal for ROR because I can't see them involved in a significant deal. I I really think Chevy needs to do something big ASAP for the Jets to have any hope of making the playoffs this year?
While I agree with this, please keep in mind the playoffs are not the end goal. The Stanley Cup is. No Calgary stupidity. If it takes a few more seasons so be it but I want to be like Detroit and be dominant for a long time. Take the time, do it right.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:22 PM
sully1410

Woops.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Zhamnov10

The jets really need a NHL defemceman right now I think they should try to acquire a top 4 D right now instead of making a trade for another filler.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:56 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
The jets really need a NHL defemceman right now I think they should try to acquire a top 4 D right now instead of making a trade for another filler.
Top 4 defencemen are at a premium right now. They won't come cheap

Old
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
jetkarma

Clarkson would also be a fit but I see him as much less likely to leave/sign here than Horton , although Horton may also be a longer shot as well.

IMO WPG would love to add a relatively young (27 under ) at no price except salary. that would allow the build to continue and if they added a top 6 RW , we then are pretty close to a good/set top 6.

Getting ROR but having to both pay him and pay for him ( players/picks ) isn't as alluring as signing a similar FA imo.

As per some other posts , Horton would require a long term contract , can't see a two year deal appealing to him. Wpg is positioned cap wise they way they are for a reason, they want to take advantage this off season. Now it takes two to make the deal , but I believe the Jets will pay for the right player.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Bob E

Rumors Troy Brouwer could be moved if the Caps continue to flounder.

His cap hit is a bit rich $3.667 mill/yr after this year - for next 3 yrs. That might be a bit rich, but would add some size and toughness to 2nd or 3rd lines. Seems to be a 20 g/40 pt guy and knows Ladd and Buff from his Chicago days.

Plays LW, but is a RH shot, so perhaps he would be a decent replacement for Wellwood or Antro? Wouldn't go after him and ROR, but if the ROR talks have cooled, he is a cheaper option than a Nathan Horton. Might be able to get him for picks, if Caps are looking to shed salary.

Edit: Chevy would know him well from the Hawks days too, and he seems to be a Chevy-type player.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post

His cap hit is a bit rich $3.667 mill/yr after this year - for next 3 yrs. That might be a bit rich, but would add some size and toughness to 2nd or 3rd lines. Seems to be a 20 g/40 pt guy and knows Ladd and Buff from his Chicago days.

Plays LW, but is a RH shot, so perhaps he would be a decent replacement for Wellwood or Antro? Wouldn't go after him and ROR, but if the ROR talks have cooled, he is a cheaper option than a Nathan Horton. Might be able to get him for picks, if Caps are looking to shed salary.

Edit: Chevy would know him well from the Hawks days too, and he seems to be a Chevy-type player.
Not interested in Brouwer after what he said about Hamrlik and Neuvirth.

02-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Not interested in Brouwer after what he said about Hamrlik and Neuvirth.
I don't know. Lots of things were said during the lockout. Hamrlik changed his tune soon after, likely due to pressure from other players as well.

Said he couldn't trust them, i think, which was during their solidarity time to show the NHL they wouldn't crack. I'm prepared to cut him some slack, for that one.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:30 AM
sully1410

I really couldn't care less about that crap.

I really want Neuvrith though.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Huffer

Quote:

He's an upgrade on Wellwood and Antro, but I don't like him as a 2nd line RW. I would still hope the Jets can find a good 2nd line RW somehow this offseason.

So if the Jets can fit his $ onto the roster as a 3rd line player, that would be pretty good. Gives the team some more grit and scoring on our 3rd line, and we start getting closer to a top 9 setup (especially when Scheifele joins next year).

My only question would be that his contract wouldn't impact the Jets from doing the more important things (Bogo, Wheeler, Little, Burmi, Hainsey, Redmond, Postma, 2nd line RW). He's definitely overpaid, but as long as it doesn't affect the teams ability to do the things they need to do, it might be a good move. Especially if all it takes is a pick or two.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Zhamnov10

Quick trade idea trade Buff and Little to Colorado for O'reilly+Siemens+2013 1st.I really think this would benefit us yes it would hurt to lose Buff but it would address most of our team issues for the future.Buff injuries will probably linger for the remaining of the year,and his lack of conditioning is going to really hinder him as he gets older he is a tremendous talent but is missing the drive necessary to be elite.Siemens will be a solid LH top 4 d in less than 2 years and colorados 1st gives us another shot at the High fwd talent we so badly need likely a top 5 pick.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Quick trade idea trade Buff and Little to Colorado for O'reilly+Siemens+2013 1st.I really think this would benefit us yes it would hurt to lose Buff but it would address most of our team issues for the future.Buff injuries will probably linger for the remaining of the year,and his lack of conditioning is going to really hinder him as he gets older he is a tremendous talent but is missing the drive necessary to be elite.Siemens will be a solid LH top 4 d in less than 2 years and colorados 1st gives us another shot at the High fwd talent we so badly need likely a top 5 pick.
Doubt Buff is all that attractive to the Avs.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
He's an upgrade on Wellwood and Antro, but I don't like him as a 2nd line RW. I would still hope the Jets can find a good 2nd line RW somehow this offseason.

So if the Jets can fit his $ onto the roster as a 3rd line player, that would be pretty good. Gives the team some more grit and scoring on our 3rd line, and we start getting closer to a top 9 setup (especially when Scheifele joins next year).

My only question would be that his contract wouldn't impact the Jets from doing the more important things (Bogo, Wheeler, Little, Burmi, Hainsey, Redmond, Postma, 2nd line RW). He's definitely overpaid, but as long as it doesn't affect the teams ability to do the things they need to do, it might be a good move. Especially if all it takes is a pick or two.
I guess I was wondering... if he played a top 6 role, on a line with Burmi and Kane, say, could he develop into a Scott Hartnell type player. Score 20-25 goals and play a physical game.

We currently don't have many 20+ goal scorers, who bang a bit.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Huffer

Quote:
I think that the Avs 1st is going to be too high this year for them to want to move it.

I can see your thought process though.

So ROR > Little (as has been decreed), so then we add Buff to the deal. Now, the Avs need to add Siemens, but the difference between Buff and Siemens is much greater than ROR and Little so the Avs need to add a little more.

Don't think they want to move that 1st though.

Last edited by Huffer: 02-25-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Huffer

Quote:
I guess I was wondering... if he played a top 6 role, on a line with Burmi and Kane, say, could he develop into a Scott Hartnell type player. Score 20-25 goals and play a physical game.

We currently don't have many 20+ goal scorers, who bang a bit.
That would be nice. But he's only scored over 20 goals once on a very good Hawks team (useage might have played a part but you know what I mean).

Might be worth a shot if his contract didn't hurt us anywhere else, but I don't know if I would be hoping that he developed any more than what he already is. In a perfect world, I think you have a guy like him on your third line.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Bob E

Quote:
I like it from a Jets future perspective, though we might need to add a pick to get the Avs 1st. Don't think they move that pick, since it will most likely be high and they traded their 2012 1st rd pick.

But I like the move, for the Jets.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
That would be nice. But he's only scored over 20 goals once on a very good Hawks team (useage might have played a part but you know what I mean).

Might be worth a shot if his contract didn't hurt us anywhere else, but I don't know if I would be hoping that he developed any more than what he already is. In a perfect world, I think you have a guy like him on your third line.
I like his size, grit and ability to play on 3rd and 2nd lines (and even the 1st, in a pinch) and put up some points is something the Jets need, imo.

In Chicago, he moved up and down the lines, depending on what JQ needed that game. Nice to have that flexibility and ability to change players and lines. Played time on the 4th line and top line with Toews, at times. Hawks had crazy depth that year.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Beyek mentioned on 1290 this morning that St. Louis Blues management has been scouting the entire Jets road trip.

What is up with that?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Beyek mentioned on 1290 this morning that St. Louis Blues management has been scouting the entire Jets road trip.

What is up with that?

That is interesting. I could see a game here and there, but all of the road trip, that's quite a bit.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

What is up with that?

They really want Peluso back.
Steen +2nd round for Anthony. Book it.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
That is interesting. I could see a game here and there, but all of the road trip, that's quite a bit.
He specifically mentioned as well that it was GM Doug Armstrong, so if the GM is that involved then by extension it means they are likely to be very seriously considering some sort of a deal.

Closed Thread