HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 03:41 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Sure I think they'll take a goalie, but mid to late rounds.
HL, Ur hearing there wasn't doubts about mental toughness in Patterson before Xmas but are now? Or just your own personal opinion?
Yes there are doubts about Patterson"s mental toughness within the Kinights organization that did not exist prior to the Christmas break,not my personal view
btw,I dont know the kid personally so it would be unfair to comment,but this view was
mentioned to me lately

Old
02-23-2013, 03:53 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
It was more a joke then anything else....

I`m just saying the track record isn`t great. Houser FA find, Mason late rounder. This is just me but I would never draft a goalie in the first round no matter how good he is.

I think if London takes a goalie early in this draft that will tell you alot about the Herbst situation going forward especially if it`s a highly touted one.
JL17

I agree with re picking a goalie in the 1st rd,something I would never do either tempting

as it might be

As for London"s track record re goalies and draft must say they have good company

with Windsor in that one

Spits have not drafted and developed a goalie in the Boughner/Rychel era

early or late,Engelage was a holdover pick from the last regime and Grubauer was

acquired from Belleville in a trade

Old
02-23-2013, 04:23 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
JL17

I agree with re picking a goalie in the 1st rd,something I would never do either tempting

as it might be

As for London"s track record re goalies and draft must say they have good company

with Windsor in that one

Spits have not drafted and developed a goalie in the Boughner/Rychel era

early or late,Engelage was a holdover pick from the last regime and Grubauer was

acquired from Belleville in a trade
Why do
you write your

posts like
this?

Old
02-23-2013, 04:35 PM
sbrug

Quote:
It was more a joke then anything else....

I`m just saying the track record isn`t great. Houser FA find, Mason late rounder. This is just me but I would never draft a goalie in the first round no matter how good he is.

I think if London takes a goalie early in this draft that will tell you alot about the Herbst situation going forward especially if it`s a highly touted one.
I see your point and don't really disagree. I can't fault Hunter though for taking who he thought was the best player available. Who knows, Herbst might actually overcome it but like others I doubt it considering what history tells us.

Either way I don't think you'll see a goalie taken early this year. Their goaltending should be set for next year barring Stolarz making the AHL. Saw on the London Knights forum that people want to ship Patterson out in the summer. I wouldn't be so quick to do that unless you get an offer you can't refuse.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:08 PM
aresknights

[QUOTE=wrister39;60321221]I see your point and don't really disagree. I can't fault Hunter though for taking who he thought was the best player available. Who knows, Herbst might actually overcome it but like others I doubt it considering what history tells us.

Either way I don't think you'll see a goalie taken early this year. Their goaltending should be set for next year barring Stolarz making the AHL. Saw on the London Knights forum that people want to ship Patterson out in the summer. I wouldn't be so quick to do that unless you get an offer you can't refuse.[/qoute]

Unless they get word Herbst is ok ( read on ice activity and no issues ) Paterson should be kept for sure.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:57 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Do the Knights draft a goalie early in the draft this year,not talking about 1st rd

in light of the Herbst situation,have been told by those in the know that the other 2 goalies

drafted last yr are nothing special,while Wheaton who has been pretty good in Jr C is

turning 18

The Knights appear set in goal for next year,but beyond,plus would not be surprised

if Patterson is moved next yr as their are doubts about his mental toughness,doubts that

were not there by Knights mge prior to Christmas
Wheaton has been good in Jr C because that's what he is...a Junior C goaltender. No potential there at all really to become even a Junior B goalie.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:55 PM
hockeylegend11

Noticed on another forum London posters getting tired of Paxton LaRoux,wonder if anybody
on this board feels the same,though I doubt some are especially a couple whose hockey
IQ is somewhat wanting

Old
02-24-2013, 05:34 PM
hockeylegend11

Just saw the video and hit by Rupert,not much difference then what Kuhnhackl did to Murphy,pure intent,head targeted,would not be surprised if he gets 20 games
Repeat offender,player injured on the play,perhaps others can inform whether player
returned to the game
My opinion is if Kuhnhaclkl and Kassian get 20 for their actions so does Rupert,being a repeat offender does not help
Lucky for the Knights he is a 3rd liner,a top 6 forward out of the lineup would hurt

Old
02-24-2013, 07:43 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Noticed on another forum London posters getting tired of Paxton LaRoux,wonder if anybody
on this board feels the same,though I doubt some are especially a couple whose hockey
IQ is somewhat wanting
why ask a question and insult at the same time and expect a good response?

Old
02-24-2013, 07:48 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
why ask a question and insult at the same time and expect a good response?
Because those posters who dont have their London rose coloured glasses on will
answer honestly and then there are those who will question the way the question was
asked

Old
02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
So basically, you admit you're a troll.

Peace man. No point in arguing over pointless stuff with people I don't even know.
I have been called worse,by worse people thats for sure,like water off a duck

people who know me,and some on this board know I am not a troll,sometimes

contreversial is not trolling,it is subjective

Old
02-24-2013, 10:16 PM
OHLFan8771

Does anyone know where a video of the Rupert hit can be found? For some reason I am having trouble finding it.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:18 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Does anyone know where a video of the Rupert hit can be found? For some reason I am having trouble finding it.
It might be on the CTV London highlites,as it was shown on the 6 oclock sportscast

Old
02-25-2013, 09:59 AM
aresknights

Quote:
IQ is somewhat wanting
Imagine the backlash if a Knights fan posted this on the SPits board? Like wrister said if you wanted a discussion and honest feedback, maybe not the best way to word it. If ya wanted to take a jab, give a dig, probably the correct wording.

Leroux serves a purpose on this team, a purpose many Spits fan can relate to and agree with.

He took a stupid 2 min penalty, compounded it with a 2 for unsportmanlike. Dale couldnt have been to upset as he threw him back out almost immediately after the 4 min ended.
Could he be smarter, for sure. As could most players filling his role.

Come POs, well see how oft he dresses, esp since we wont be seeing Windsor

Old
02-25-2013, 10:39 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Imagine the backlash if a Knights fan posted this on the SPits board? Like wrister said if you wanted a discussion and honest feedback, maybe not the best way to word it. If ya wanted to take a jab, give a dig, probably the correct wording.

Leroux serves a purpose on this team, a purpose many Spits fan can relate to and agree with.

He took a stupid 2 min penalty, compounded it with a 2 for unsportmanlike. Dale couldnt have been to upset as he threw him back out almost immediately after the 4 min ended.
Could he be smarter, for sure. As could most players filling his role.

Come POs, well see how oft he dresses, esp since we wont be seeing Windsor
No ,you wont have to face Windsor this year seems like when u beat them u cant win the mem cup,ha ha,but when u lose to them mmmmm
LaRoux will probably dress against Owen Sd and Plymouth,maybe the Sault
as for the others I doubt,that way a space wont be wasted
Besides I only asked because of a london posters disdain,not mine
Me I prefer he suits up,might be the worst player since Yovanic,though I do think
he is better then Yovanic,it was sure fun watching Yovanic get beat by the likes of
Grenop,Wallace and McDermid
Ah the good old days when Windsor beat u on the ice and in the alley

Old
02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
JL17

I think there have been other players worse the Leroux. Leroux has wheels on him. When he goes out with the right linemates he fits it. His hands aren't that bad. He's made some moves that I haven't seen some scrappers do before.

I think he's taken bad penalties. Yesterday was an example. If Dale isn't upset with that considering the time it's a mistake on his part. Stuff like that has to punished in some way.

Considering Leroux's size he's been beat badly once and that was by Bowen. Other then that it's draws or KO's for him.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:19 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Picture an old man at a carnival stuffing himself in a cannon then lighting the fuse when Saginaw players is in his cross hairs... man comes out flying on an upward angle right into Saginaws players head.

No video need

Old
02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
GangGreen

Quote:
No ,you wont have to face Windsor this year seems like when u beat them u cant win the mem cup,ha ha,but when u lose to them mmmmm
Me I prefer he suits up,might be the worst player since Yovanic,though I do think
he is better then Yovanic,it was sure fun watching Yovanic get beat by the likes of
That's right Legend in your own mind. Keep remembering the past because its all you got left. Until your mind goes completely blank from senility and you can't remember the Spits glory any more.
Remember, Leroux = Bilcke.
Also, I seem to recall sweeping the Spits in '05, when the Knights won the you guessed it, the Memorial Cup. Just like they swept them last year when they won the OHL. Too bad they won't get to sweep them again

Old
02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
That's right Legend in your own mind. Keep remembering the past because its all you got left. Until your mind goes completely blank from senility and you can't remember the Spits glory any more.
Im pretty sure he remembers it quite fondly. I will leave it at that and I am sure Phyler Phanatic knows why. Your comment regarding Legend is quite silly.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Picture an old man at a carnival stuffing himself in a cannon then lighting the fuse when Saginaw players is in his cross hairs... man comes out flying on an upward angle right into Saginaws players head.

No video need

Funny..... cause its accurate

Old
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
aresknights

Quote:
It still comes across as antagonistic, being the Knights board and all but I could care less about the jabs back n forth lol. MAkes it a lil more fun esp when both sides are passionate.
One of my fav games was the first matchup post deadline 09 between the 2. Sportsnet game and 3 fights in the first 5 secs lol
That 5 OT PO match was the most exciting Ive seen as well, including many game 7s. Just the wrong team won.
Hopefully Rychel can figure out how to get his team relevant again, so I can see some more and they can replace the Sound as the team I love to hate.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:56 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
It still comes across as antagonistic, being the Knights board and all but I could care less about the jabs back n forth lol. MAkes it a lil more fun esp when both sides are passionate.
One of my fav games was the first matchup post deadline 09 between the 2. Sportsnet game and 3 fights in the first 5 secs lol
That 5 OT PO match was the most exciting Ive seen as well, including many game 7s. Just the wrong team won.
Hopefully Rychel can figure out how to get his team relevant again, so I can see some more and they can replace the Sound as the team I love to hate.
Agree with u there,most exciting I have seen too,except the right team won lol
I am sure in due time your hatred for Windsor will surpass the Sound

Old
02-25-2013, 01:00 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Yes at least I acknowlege good things in a team,not refering to you aresknights you are
very fair unlike some who get personal and throw insults

Old
02-25-2013, 01:10 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Also, I seem to recall sweeping the Spits in '05, when the Knights won the you guessed it, the Memorial Cup. Just like they swept them last year when they won the OHL. Too bad they won't get to sweep them again
Gangerene

Let me ask u a question
Will the Knights ever win a Mem Cup on the road
Memory serves me correct your only win was on home ice
Committee will probably award hosting in that basis alone ,they know the
Knights cant win it on the road,exhibit A- last yr
Windsor has won 8 straight games in the mem cup tourneys resulting in 2 cups
on the road something the Knights cant claim
League championships dont mean anything if u cant win the biggy

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 02-25-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Offensive
Old
02-25-2013, 03:14 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
IQ is somewhat wanting
Leroux is London's version of Ty Bilke..in the line up for one reason only. Am I tired of him?...not really...he knows his role...as do most fans watching the games.

Quote:
Windsor has won 8 straight games in the mem cup tourneys resulting in 2 cups
on the road something the Knights cant claim
Germany was once the strongest military nation in the world...your point?

Closed Thread