HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Perezhogin signed

Old
07-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Still don't really like 1 year deals much.

Glab he'll be with us next year

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:24 AM
AH

So much for those bogus Zhogin back to Omsk rumours this past winter.

Abd to think people were actually freaking over it ...

People never learn.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The cap only counts the players on your active pro roster.

If you don't count Kosty, Danis, Ferland, Cote, etc... the Habs are a shade over 39 M as of now.
Ok, that's what I thought. Your 23 man roster. Someone above made a statement above about maybe going over the cap. 39M is good. It would leave the Habs with 5M to sign Ryder.

A lot of people bash Bob for not doing anything any other GM would do, but by the looks of it, he made the Habs a better team with the players that did want to sign in montreal and he pretty much brought back a young, growing, fast team. Worse case scenario, Ryder doesn't start the season, but everyone else should bet a chance to go to camp and be fit and prepared to start the season! Good job Bob!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:40 AM
oli500

I love this signing, Both perezhogin and higgins are bargains and are going to have to put up solid seasons if they want to hit pay day. Its a win win situation for both the players and the team.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Slick Nick

Glad to see him signed to a one way contract. Little worried about which spot he'll grab, I'd really like to see him play on our first two lines but I doubt it will be the case at the start of the season...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Ok, that's what I thought. Your 23 man roster. Someone above made a statement above about maybe going over the cap. 39M is good. It would leave the Habs with 5M to sign Ryder.

A lot of people bash Bob for not doing anything any other GM would do, but by the looks of it, he made the Habs a better team with the players that did want to sign in montreal and he pretty much brought back a young, growing, fast team. Worse case scenario, Ryder doesn't start the season, but everyone else should bet a chance to go to camp and be fit and prepared to start the season! Good job Bob!!
Ryder is going to arbitration which means that even if he and Bob can't work something out prior to his hearing date the contract that he is awarded will be binding and therefore he'll have to report to camp or risk being in breach of contract. So in otherwords, it's almost like he's signed already in terms of showing up for training camp and now we're just waiting to see how much his contract will be worth.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
Ryder is going to arbitration which means that even if he and Bob can't work something out prior to his hearing date the contract that he is awarded will be binding and therefore he'll have to report to camp or risk being in breach of contract. So in otherwords, it's almost like he's signed already in terms of showing up for training camp and now we're just waiting to see how much his contract will be worth.
You're only as good as your weakest point. We won't have anyone start the season cold. So Bob made sure this was not going to be a weak point.. Good to hear

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
Good news , i was actually concern with Alex Jr. These rumors he would go back to Russia made sense because he played over there during the lock-out instead of the AHL like Plekanec and Higgins. He had a good situation there so it made sense. At some point it was truly pathetic , Julien wasent using him at all and the Perezhogin we saw to start the season was just an empy body on the bench.Thank god his play picked up under Gainey and Carbo. I'm glad he's coming back and at that price it's even better . I didn't know rookies had a drop in salary when the 2-Way option is taken out , or maybe it's an effect of the rollback?

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej View Post
Good news , i was actually concern with Alex Jr. These rumors he would go back to Russia made sense because he played over there during the lock-out instead of the AHL like Plekanec and Higgins. He had a good situation there so it made sense. At some point it was truly pathetic , Julien wasent using him at all and the Perezhogin we saw to start the season was just an empy body on the bench.Thank god his play picked up under Gainey and Carbo. I'm glad he's coming back and at that price it's even better . I didn't know rookies had a drop in salary when the 2-Way option is taken out , or maybe it's an effect of the rollback?
He played in Russia because he was suspended from the AHL.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I like Perez but I have difficulties to see how he will make the line-up:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Plekanek-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Begin-Downey

+ 1 rookie

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:57 AM
bayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I like Perez but I have difficulties to see how he will make the line-up:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Plekanek-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Begin-Downey

+ 1 rookie
Thats because you have Bonk playing 3rd line center and Begin 4th center.

The lineup will be

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Johnson
Begin-Bonk-Downey/Murray

Downey will not play a lot of games. Only games where we need muscle.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Thats because you have Bonk playing 3rd line center and Begin 4th center.

The lineup will be

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Johnson
Begin-Bonk-Downey/Murray

Downey will not play a lot of games. Only games where we need muscle.
Ah good thinking. I see Carbo alternating between the third and fourth line a lot(with a loose definition of wich one`s the third and fourth).

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote