HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
He specifically mentioned as well that it was GM Doug Armstrong, so if the GM is that involved then by extension it means they are likely to be very seriously considering some sort of a deal.
That makes it even more interesting. A first hand view of whoever he wants to see.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
That makes it even more interesting. A first hand view of whoever he wants to see.
Hopefully the Jets can luck out and grab any of Jake Allen, Ty Rattie, & Joel Edmundson (6'5" d-man from Brandon) in a return.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:31 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
They really want Peluso back.
Steen +2nd round for Anthony. Book it.

Done!

Old
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I wonder if Doug Armstrong wanted a look at Wellwood? St. Louis signed him out of the KHL 2 seasons ago (January of 2011) but since he had to clear waivers, SJ claimed him. With that being said, I have no clue if Wellwood would be of any fit for St. Louis.

I could perhaps see a swap of Wellwood for RW Matt D'Agostini, who has fallen out of favor in St. Louis. D'Agostini can play RW, and scored 21 goals for St. Louis two seasons ago. He sustained a concussion last season causing him to miss 26 games. This season from what I can gather he just hasn't been able to get it going or fit in, and I don't think he had a good training camp. A change of scenery is likely in order.

D'Agostini is a RFA at seasons end, and only has a cap hit this season of 1.65 million (1.8 million in actual dollers). So, contract wise he would be ideal to acquire if we were interested.

Honestly, I think Wellwood's days are numbered here. He just hasn't got it going and truthfully, I do not see him anywhere near a fit this season. Last season, ya, this season... nope.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Armstrong can't get enough of Clitsome?

What are the Blues really looking for? Defense? Hainsey?

Jets don't have much to give up at the moment.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:47 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
That is interesting. I could see a game here and there, but all of the road trip, that's quite a bit.
Well, I can't see them looking a Postma as their D are already scoring.

Perhaps they are one of the teams that will look to add a vet or two as we approach the playoffs. Perhaps I am dreaming, but could Ty Rattie or Jaden Schwartz be on the table? They aren't big, but I could see TNSE targeting those kind of guys.

EDIT

...or maybe they are thinking long term cheap and want to unload McDonald.

Last edited by truck: 02-25-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 11:58 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Do you guys have any centers available besides Wellwood? I figure Little is off the table, but could Burmistrov be had?

Otherwise, it will just be something for Hainsey at a relatively low price.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Well, I can't see them looking a Postma as their D are already scoring.

Perhaps they are one of the teams that will look to add a vet or two as we approach the playoffs. Perhaps I am dreaming, but could Ty Rattie or Jaden Schwartz be on the table? They aren't big, but I could see TNSE targeting those kind of guys.

EDIT

...or maybe they are thinking long term cheap and want to unload McDonald.
McDonald is an UFA and we still have room in our budget, so we aren't dumping anyone.

I doubt we move any cost-controlled assets like Schwartz or Rattie, unless it is for something significant.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:02 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Do you guys have any centers available besides Wellwood? I figure Little is off the table, but could Burmistrov be had?

Anybody could be available.

As for Hainsey, I could definitely see him in the mix, but TNSE would probably want a return similar to what they got last year for Oduya last year. A 2nd and a 3rd.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:03 PM
JetsWillFly4Ever

Quote:

Hainsey's not coming at a low price. Guy has been a rock for us during this injury ridden stretch. I hope we bring him back to be honest, and if not we better get a solid return for him. He is extremely dependable imo.

EDIT: I agree with the poster above, think Johnny O's price.

Burmi, most fans would like to keep but would move if it meant we were getting something quite significant up front in return.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Ty Rattie, Joel Edmundson, & a salary dump in exchange for Burmistrov & a 2013 third.

I will probably be flamed mercilessly for even daring to suggest it though.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Getting Hainsey would help the Blues. He'd be an upgrade over Redden anyway. A first rounder from St. Louis makes the most sense but not sure if Blues fans would be down for that.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsWillFly4Ever View Post
Hainsey's not coming at a low price. Guy has been a rock for us during this injury ridden stretch. I hope we bring him back to be honest, and if not we better get a solid return for him. He is extremely dependable imo.

EDIT: I agree with the poster above, think Johnny O's price.

Burmi, most fans would like to keep but would move if it meant we were getting something quite significant up front in return.
That price would be more than fair, especially since we have an extra 2nd this season. By relatively low, I meant we wouldn't trade a top prospect or a significant roster player.

Old
JetsWillFly4Ever

Quote:
Ty Rattie, Joel Edmundson, & a salary dump in exchange for Burmistrov & a 2013 third.

Dear God I would want to fire Chevy if that happened.

Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

What's Burmistrov's realistic offensive potential?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
that depends entirely on who you ask.

Some of us see his hands and just believe he's destined to eventaully become a 50-60 point player.

Others see his tendancies and past production and think he never tops out more then 40.

It's really tough to say, he could definitly go either way. But being homer fans...50-60

Old
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsWillFly4Ever View Post
Dear God I would want to fire Chevy if that happened.
Rattie is a goal scoring machine. Edmundson is a gigantic d-man from Brandon taken in the second round last year and will likely play in the NHL when he beefs up. I know Burmi is a fan favorite here but I'm betting he'll be moved eventually and I doubt Chevy would be fired for swapping him for Rattie + when all was said and done.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
I can't really answer that in an unbiased manner. Others here will surely claim it to be quite high though.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:14 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
that depends entirely on who you ask.

Some of us see his hands and just believe he's destined to eventaully become a 50-60 point player.

Others see his tendancies and past production and think he never tops out more then 40.

It's really tough to say, he could definitly go either way. But being homer fans...50-60
Gotcha. We could use a center, and I wouldn't mind adding a Russian teammate for Tarasenko. Maybe playing with Tarasenko could help Burmistrov's production.

We could put a package together for him and Hainsey, so who knows. Realistically though, I see us targeting Hainsey if you guys fall out of playoff contention and want to add some picks/prospects.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
jetkarma

Could just be getting a book on the future free agents the Jets have , rfa and ufa .

Old
02-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Bob E

Thinking it could be Hainsey. I'd push for 2013 1st for him. He's playing 24+ mins consistently.

Perhaps that and a conditional 2014 3rd or 4th rd pick, if hainsey re-signs with them. Depends how desperate the Blues are.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

the way this teams been playing over the past 2 weeks i really do not want to trade hainsey.

we're close to being able to fight for a playoff spot even with our diminished D core. selling hainsey would take use right out of it IMO.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
the way this teams been playing over the past 2 weeks i really do not want to trade hainsey.

we're close to being able to fight for a playoff spot even with our diminished D core. selling hainsey would take use right out of it IMO.
Agreed. Dealing Hainsey at this stage really tells the rest of the guys in the room that you have no confidence in their ability to make the playoffs. The D has injuries and has to dress some guys way over their abilities, and they would be trading away their most consistent D man who's playing a tonne of minutes.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Pongs21

How would you guys feel about getting Whitney from Edm to help out on D? that is if we could get him for a mid-low round pick, and also if Buff is out for a while

Old
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Gotcha. We could use a center, and I wouldn't mind adding a Russian teammate for Tarasenko. Maybe playing with Tarasenko could help Burmistrov's production.

We could put a package together for him and Hainsey, so who knows. Realistically though, I see us targeting Hainsey if you guys fall out of playoff contention and want to add some picks/prospects.
Not sure where Burmi would slot in for you guys, I thought Backes/Steen/Bergkund were all pretty entrenched at Center? Or is Steen playing wing this year again?

Either way, Jets would be looking for anyone 25 and under or high picks.

Closed Thread