HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Maryland17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Neuvy still with one more year left before he's a RFA. Wondering if GMGM's waiting to see how Grubauer progresses to see which way they should go with Neuvy.
He is an RFA after this year. Neuvirth Contract Info

Old
02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
I seriously don't know wether to laugh or ****ing cry at how much we pay our defensemen to ****ing sit in the pressbox.

I "like" Erskine, but he's not even an every day guy when all are healthy. He's one of the press box rotaters and we reward him with a triple pay bump?

Get the **** out.
How many d-men did the Capitals use last season during the course of a full season. Was it 9 or 10? At times in the past we've dressed the likes of Tyler Sloan and last year we had "Ankles" Collins for one or two games. I would suspect that d-men are the most injured positional players in the NHL. Looking at next season the Caps currently will now have:
-Green
-Alzner
-Carlson
-Orlov
-Kundratek
-Schultz
-Erskine
-Schilling
-Wey

I don't see Erskine seeing much press box time next season, if this is what the team's defensive corps will look like.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:07 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland17 View Post
He is an RFA after this year. Neuvirth Contract Info
You're right, I read Capgeek incorrectly.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Sure some other training staff might figure a way to keep him healthy and he could end up a HoFer but that is a risk I have no problem taking at this point.
Yeah. His career with the Capitals is over, I think. There's considerable evidence that the medical staff is absolutely horrible at their jobs, but does anyone think there's a slight chance they'll be replaced? Either way, Green may just be ruined at this point. This is like his 20th groin injury, and that surgery last year was supposed to address the underlying problem. He has to go while he may still have some value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9
Katie Carrera @kcarrera 8m
Brouwer on Semin "It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play but all in all I think we’ve been doing well without him."
Hey, well if Troy "it'll be tough to have my teammates' backs" Brouwer said so, I guess that settles it.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Yeah. His career with the Capitals is over, I think. There's considerable evidence that the medical staff is absolutely horrible at their jobs, but does anyone think there's a slight chance they'll be replaced? Either way, Green may just be ruined at this point. This is like his 20th groin injury, and that surgery last year was supposed to address the underlying problem. He has to go while he may still have some value.

Hey, well if Troy "it'll be tough to have my teammates' backs" Brouwer said so, I guess that settles it.
I have no problem with what Brouwer said.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:27 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Katie Carrera @kcarrera 8m
Brouwer on Semin "It was tough to lose his scoring ability when he wanted to play but all in all I think we’ve been doing well without him."

Nothing to see here, move along, the shows over.
I swear just when I think Brouwer can't be dumber he proves me wrong. Brilliant.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I was ecstatic about Holtby signing, now this Erskine signing is horrendous. With Schilling in, it means we won't have a good 2LD....
Or we'll see John "2mil per year" in the press box.

Kinda lost in the news. Backstrom 'not feeling good'. https://twitter.com/SkyKerstein/stat...99083817398272

Old
02-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
I have no problem with what Brouwer said.
He can say whatever he wants. The problem is he's just as stupid and just as much of a tool loser as the fans who ***** about Semin, and despite this public comments from him will be taken by those people as proof that their position is correct.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I was ecstatic about Holtby signing, now this Erskine signing is horrendous. With Schilling in, it means we won't have a good 2LD....
Or we'll see John "2mil per year" in the press box.

Kinda lost in the news. Backstrom 'not feeling good'.
We need a new multimillion dollar bottom pairing defenseman for the press box with Hamr leaving. Gotta fill the void.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
He can say whatever he wants. The problem is he's just as stupid and just as much of a tool loser as the fans who ***** about Semin, and despite this public comments from him will be taken by those people as proof that their position is correct.
As I said, I have no problem with what Brouwer said. http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...te-alexander-/

I can't remember a game where I thought Brouwer didn't come to play or took the night off. The same cannot be said of Semin.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
As I said, I have no problem with what Brouwer said. http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...te-alexander-/

I can't remember a game where I thought Brouwer didn't come to play or took the night off. The same cannot be said of Semin.
If Brouwer were better at hockey he wouldn't have to try so hard. The only thing relevant to a comparison is how hard Brouwer would try if he had Semin's skills.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink

With all due respect to Brouwer, "we’ve been doing well without him" isn't something I'd say about anyone if I was in last place.

02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

On the other hand, I think we all know there's no better leader in the game than Troy Brouwer, so maybe I should just take his words as truth.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Must really hurt the Semin fans when NHLers are still badmouthing him to the press. Gives credence to all the criticism.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:

The worst thing about Brouwer's comments is that he said "we're doing well without him." I'm not saying the Caps would be doing well with him, or that Brouwer should hold his tongue wrt Semin's... Semin-ness. But the Caps aren't doing well at all. To suggest they are is just silly and sort of colors the rest of the comments in an absurd light.

Of course, Brouwer trying to make a decent point and saying it in a really stupid way is nothing new, so...

Old
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
JapersRink ‏@JapersRink

With all due respect to Brouwer, "we’ve been doing well without him" isn't something I'd say about anyone if I was in last place.

Damn right...but... Hey in DC it's always bad breaks and misfortune that takes the Caps down, certainly never anything McPhee can control.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
Must really hurt the Semin fans when NHLers are still badmouthing him to the press. Gives credence to all the criticism.

Old
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
We need a new multimillion dollar bottom pairing defenseman for the press box with Hamr leaving. Gotta fill the void.
Well if you do look at that way then Erskine is a bargain. Okay, bravo for the contract - all relative though with the new cap. On second thought..............

Old
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
JapersRink ‏@JapersRink

Well, given that it's a statement coming from a forward whose best season was 40 points, who is -20 as a Cap, I'd say his idea of "doing well" is slightly different than the fans of this team..

Old
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Damn right...but... Hey in DC it's always bad breaks and misfortune that takes the Caps down, certainly never anything McPhee can control.
To be fair, we didn't have a training camp or pre-season.

Old
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I still laugh at Sarge's contract.

And Sarge laughs at me and whacks me in the head with a wad of cash.

Old
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
The worst thing about Brouwer's comments is that he said "we're doing well without him." I'm not saying the Caps would be doing well with him, or that Brouwer should hold his tongue wrt Semin's... Semin-ness. But the Caps aren't doing well at all. To suggest they are is just silly and sort of colors the rest of the comments in an absurd light.

Of course, Brouwer trying to make a decent point and saying it in a really stupid way is nothing new, so...
I don't think by 'we're doing well without him' he meant the result. I think he just meant they don't miss him.

Team has Brouwer, much more dependable player, cheaper, bringing different style yet similar end result as Semin.

Fans have Wolski to scape goat.

Win win.

Old
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Actually, scratch that. The Caps are doing an admirable job of tanking. Brouwer is 100% bang on in that respect.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:46 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Did anyone ever think Brouwer was really referring to himself when he said "we"?

After all, McPhee used Brouwer as the shining example of how they'd replace Semin's 20g for cheaper. In that sense, Brouwer is doing that, no?

8g, 12 pts for $2.35 mil

or

4g, 14 pts for $7 mil

Looks clear to me.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:46 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Tomorrow night............Brouwer plucks puck in stands for delay of game........again. Semin scores GWing PP goal.

Closed Thread