HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has Tatar earned more ice time???

Old
02-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Has skill. Has speed. Wants to score and plays with passion and emotion.

Should be a no-brainer.

Then again Dan Cleary has been top 3 in minutes for forwards the last 3-4 games. So there's absolutely no logic to icetime and lineups at the moment.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
I think they should put Tartar and Nyquist on Dats line just try it at least.
Datsyuk needs skilled guys right now, no doubt. But that line is pretty small. Either one of those guys and Datsyuk plus franzen or bert would be a solid line.

I also think a Nyquist-Helm-Tatar 3rd line could be awesome though, would be a very good skating line.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Goalie guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Datsyuk needs skilled guys right now, no doubt. But that line is pretty small. Either one of those guys and Datsyuk plus franzen or bert would be a solid line.

I also think a Nyquist-Helm-Tatar 3rd line could be awesome though, would be a very good skating line.
I see what you are saying, and I agree for the most part but Dats can hit with the best of them. I know we don't think of him that way but he does.

Goalie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
I see what you are saying, and I agree for the most part but Dats can hit with the best of them. I know we don't think of him that way but he does.
I was reffering to more occupying space in the zone than being strong or physical. Datsyuk has said he likes playing with bigger guys like Bert because it opens up space for him on the ice. I think either Tatar-Dats-Bert or Nyquist-Dats-Franzen would be a great line.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I was reffering to more occupying space in the zone than being strong or physical. Datsyuk has said he likes playing with bigger guys like Bert because it opens up space for him on the ice. I think either Tatar-Dats-Bert or Nyquist-Dats-Franzen would be a great line.
You're correct this is a theme of Datsyuk when he talks about ideal linemates. He does want a big guy on his line, he openly talks about that. Part of why he likes Bert so much.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:44 AM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
You're correct this is a theme of Datsyuk when he talks about ideal linemates. He does want a big guy on his line, he openly talks about that. Part of why he likes Bert so much.
source on that?

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:54 AM
cupforwings09

I think it is clear he has earned more ice time. But like somebody else has already said, he needs to be on the third line to make our bottom 6 effective. And when we are fully healthy, he should stay on the third line with helm. That would give us a dangerous bottom third line.

cupforwings09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:49 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
I think it is clear he has earned more ice time. But like somebody else has already said, he needs to be on the third line to make our bottom 6 effective. And when we are fully healthy, he should stay on the third line with helm. That would give us a dangerous bottom third line.
there may be wisdom in this thinking. Part of me also just wants to see if Tatar and Dats can work well together.

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
there may be wisdom in this thinking. Part of me also just wants to see if Tatar and Dats can work well together.
There is no wisdom. Trying to make the bottom six effective with their limited minutes is really stupid when you realize that Datsyuk is playing almost 15 to 20 minutes a game with 2 dead weights for linemates

You're wasting his talent to see if maybe one rookie in the bottom six can spark it with 11 minutes a game. Makes no damn sense. It is a mistake by Babcock, plain and simple.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

Hell yes he deserves more ice time, preferably with Pavel seeing as there is a flaming turd on that line currently.
I'm impartial to Abby on Pav's line because he can hit and open space, that said I'd like to see Tootoo in that role even for a game. Just tell him to leave the goonery aside and just forecheck and battle like a mofo, and I also think his hands are underrated due to his role as a checker/goon.
Cleary is just dead weight on that line though, Tatar should take his spot until we start getting bodies back. Pav needs someone to get him the puck and Tatar is 10000x more effective at that than Cleary.

I get the bottom 6 argument but with the current injuries and with Mursak being waived they could still move Tats up into the top 6, sit Eaves, and call up Ferraro/Sheahan/Nyquist to spark the bottom 6.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Hammerheart
Now how about a hug?

I love his enthusiasm. He can score, he's quick, and I think he's taking full advantage of his extra ice time.

Hammerheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:48 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Babcock needs to give him some top-six minutes. There is no reason to have two grinders playing with the one of the most skilled players in the world when there is a dynamic talent like Tatar playing with Eaves and Andersson.

VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:13 PM
cupforwings09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
There is no wisdom. Trying to make the bottom six effective with their limited minutes is really stupid when you realize that Datsyuk is playing almost 15 to 20 minutes a game with 2 dead weights for linemates

You're wasting his talent to see if maybe one rookie in the bottom six can spark it with 11 minutes a game. Makes no damn sense. It is a mistake by Babcock, plain and simple.
You need to have 3 lines to be competitive night in and night out. Tatar gives our third line scoring ability. So yes, it makes sense.

cupforwings09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:19 AM
begbeee

It's okey to play Tatar on 3rd line, anyway he deserves more powerplay opportunities where he can be more productive.
Obviously I doesnt watch many Wings games, I agree he looks like 3rd most dangerous offensive player on your team.

Hope he definitely earn his place in NHL and will not be send to minors.

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:17 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Hope he definitely earn his place in NHL and will not be send to minors.
I have to imagine he's taken away Detroit's option of sending him down with the way he's played.

Even if they were to ever return to full health, he has to be on the roster. He's been that good and adds an element the bottom 6 lacks. I keep drooling about the thought of him and Helm together.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Henkka

Tatar looks like a hockeyplayer.

Just love him.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:30 AM
14ari13

He is speedy, quick, pesky, enthusiastic.

IMO he is a no-brainer. I think Babcock has to try and see how he does on Datsyuk's line. I think he would look great with Datsyuk.

He has 3 goals and 5 points in 10 games.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:50 AM
joe89

I like him where he is now if we're thinking a bit more long-term and where to slot bodies back in when we get a little healthier. Helm just overtakes Andersson's spot. The second winger doesn't matter too much, I can see anyone of Cleary/Sammy/Abdelkader filling that and making it a pretty good line. With Helm as the center, he will naturally get more ice time and he can round it up to ~15minutes per game by playing PP. That would be ideal.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Pavels Dog

I would like to see how Brunner can do on Datsyuk's wing. The few times they end up on the ice together they always seem to find a way to connect.

Then you give Tatar a chance with Filppula and Z. That could be a deadly line imo.

But any way you cut it, Tatar has earned more icetime. He even makes the 2nd PP unit look okay at times. He's got that thing where sometimes he seems to be everywhere do everything.

A big body like Franzen/Bert and Tatar/Brunner with Pavel would be so infinitely superior to what we're seeing now.

Pavels Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavels Dog View Post
I would like to see how Brunner can do on Datsyuk's wing. The few times they end up on the ice together they always seem to find a way to connect.

Then you give Tatar a chance with Filppula and Z. That could be a deadly line imo.
Let's make the extensions first for cheap. Then put them together.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:13 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavels Dog View Post

But any way you cut it, Tatar has earned more icetime. He even makes the 2nd PP unit look okay at times. He's got that thing where sometimes he seems to be everywhere do everything.

A big body like Franzen/Bert and Tatar/Brunner with Pavel would be so infinitely superior to what we're seeing now.
You do not "fix" it if it works. Brunner plays great with Z and it should stay like that.
Tatar should get some shifts with Datsyuk and Cleary,.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
He's earning the right to stay in the lineup as we get healthy. Other than that, he's fine where he is, helping spark a mediocre third line.

02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
He's earning the right to stay in the lineup as we get healthy. Other than that, he's fine where he is, helping spark a mediocre third line.
Aren't you tempted to see what he could do on Datsyuk's wing? Do you think Datsyuk needs someone with more offensive skills than Abdalkader and Cleary?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Aren't you tempted to see what he could do on Datsyuk's wing? Do you think Datsyuk needs someone with more offensive skills than Abdalkader and Cleary?
Yeah but then the third line goes back to producing nothing. Datsyuk can produce with Abby and Cleary, obviously not as much but Cleary has scored the last couple of games and Datsyuk is still being Datsyuk.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
No, and not right now. the first line is strangely effective. It might not be who want up there being effective, but they're working - and we need them working. Meanwhile, the third line is doing as well as we can probably hope right now, too.

On the road, maybe we change things to shelter Tatar/Andersson a bit. But with the home games, I don't see any great need to change things. Everyone's getting their minutes, and the team is finally starting to win again.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote