HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 09:44 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Do I need to bring in Darche/Pyatt-JM connection ? Or Moen/Darche-RC ?
Were the Habs in 1st place when they were coached by JM and RC?

Old
02-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
As opposed to an NHL Head Coach?
You mean the great coach who is not in the NHL anymore and lead our team to the worst performance in forever?
Coaches are always right? Always take the best decisions? I'm guessing GMs can do no wrong too?..
Martin molded Eller into a really strong defensive center, he was starting to use him versus tougher opponents. He also gave him AK as a winger, and that duo, along with Moen dominated their opponents on top of shutting them down effectively.

Therrien is starting to understand this. Eller is getting more ice time, better wingers and PP opportunities.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Were the Habs in 1st place when they were coached by JM and RC?
I tought we we're seriously done with this crap... Eller is a good player right now and has an even better future.
JM got us to the conference finals.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:50 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You mean the great coach who is not in the NHL anymore and lead our team to the worst performance in forever?
Coaches are always right? Always take the best decisions? I'm guessing GMs can do no wrong too?..
Martin molded Eller into a really strong defensive center, he was starting to use him versus tougher opponents. He also gave him AK as a winger, and that duo, along with Moen dominated their opponents on top of shutting them down effectively.

Therrien is starting to understand this. Eller is getting more ice time, better wingers and PP opportunities.
Eller getting more icetime isn't incompatible with what I'm saying.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Don't need to deal him, need to move him to the wing. We have NO winger that can pass the puck.
Pretty much.

When I see Gionta, Cole and Pacioretty pass the puck, I shake my head. It's pathetic seriously.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:20 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Pretty much.

When I see Gionta, Cole and Pacioretty pass the puck, I shake my head. It's pathetic seriously.
Agenda?

Old
02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Pretty much.

Pacioretty's a pretty good passer.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Agenda?
Bitter much?

You know you failed with your assessment on Eller, don't need to be mad about it. Sorry that I took time to call you out but I hate hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Pacioretty's a pretty good passer.
Yeah, he's not Cole/Gionta bad but I wouldn't call him a good passer just yet. A good passer is Plekanec, Desharnais, Markov or Galchenyuk.. Pacioretty is far from them.

Last edited by overlords: 02-24-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old
02-25-2013, 12:10 AM
compile

vCash: 611
The issue is majority of the people here can't assess a players skill level properly.

Eller sucks. Robidas > Emelin, should have traded Price etc.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:22 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
The issue is majority of the people here can't assess a players skill level properly.

Well, Robidas is currently a better D than Emelin. Not really a conversation for this thread, though.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Slick Eller

Quote:
Bitter much?

You know you failed with your assessment on Eller, don't need to be mad about it. Sorry that I took time to call you out but I hate hypocrisy.

Yeah, he's not Cole/Gionta bad but I wouldn't call him a good passer just yet. A good passer is Plekanec, Desharnais, Markov or Galchenyuk.. Pacioretty is far from them.
Its your opinion and I respect it but I disagree.

Pacioretty is a much much better passer than Gionta, Bourque and Cole in my opinion.

Pacioretty isn't far away from Plekanec. Imo Plekanec isn't a really great passer. His vision is good but his passing accuracy isn't all that great. He would be much better if he had better touch with his pass.

Thas only my 2 cents.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Nedved

Quote:
I tought we we're seriously done with this crap... Eller is a good player right now and has an even better future.
JM got us to the conference finals.
got is a strong word. he was there though, that's for sure; however, his coaching had little impact, and both cammy and halak were on another level.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:28 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
got is a strong word. he was there though, that's for sure; however, his coaching had little impact, and both cammy and halak were on another level.
Totally not a topic for this thread, and I'm glad as anyone that Martin is gone, but you're seriously selling his contributions short in that conference finals run.

Without his system, there's no way we get there. Obviously, he's not the only reason (what team could get there without the contribution of some key players?), but he was a large part of that run.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Eller getting more icetime isn't incompatible with what I'm saying.
What are you saying exactly to be clear?

Old
02-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Pretty much.

Well, Gallagher isn't bad.

But after that, the only winger we have who isn't completely inept at passing the puck is Pacioretty. And he's not particularly good at it.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well, Robidas is currently a better D than Emelin. Not really a conversation for this thread, though.
Yes playing on the proper wing.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:17 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I think Eller is a poor man's Jordan Staal.
He doesn't have enough offense to be a top line center but 2-3rd line center might fit his style. He's a very good two way center.

I'm kind wondering if Eller is that big #2 center we've been dreaming of?
Galchenyuk is our future big #1 center but who to play after Galchenyuk?
Personally I think Plekanec is that "special" 3rd line center, he's smart and play a two way game.
I don't think Desharnais fits the team, maybe put him on the wing.

Our future:
Center
#1-Galchenyuk
#2-Eller
#3-Plekanec
I am expecting Eller to develop into a good 2nd line centre. So certainly it wouldn't be be criminal for him to become a second line centre behind A.Gally. However, to say that Plekanec is the "special" third line centre behind Eller is utterly ridiculous.

Eller could very well become just as good as Plekanec, but why can't Eller become(if he isn't so already, I think he is) that "special" third-line centre behind Plekanec/Gally? Isn't he also a smart two-way player?

I don't think people recognize how good Plekanec is, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If Plekanec had legit first-line wingers next to him, he would be a ppg player almost easily.

Plekanec is usually a 70 points player with 2line wingers at best on top of the fact that he is the number 1 defensive forward on the team. That's remarkable if you ask me.

I'd be more than happy with Gally-Plex-Eller(with him getting pp time) as our top 3 centres for many years.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post

Can I get the number of your drug dealer cause you must be smokin the good ****? lol

Old
02-25-2013, 01:26 PM
BlackStar

The idea that Pacioretty isn't a good passer is just as ridiculous as the idea that Eller is also not a good passer. Pacioretty is not an elite passer ofcourse, but he is very much a good passer for a winger.

Funny that many of you have forgotten that Max used to be a pass-first winger. In Max's rookie year, what impressed me most wasn't his shot (it wasn't anywhere near as great as it is now), his size, nor smarts; it was his passing skills (and his speed/skating of-course).

Old
02-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
The idea that Pacioretty isn't a good passer is just as ridiculous as the idea that Eller is also not a good passer. Pacioretty is not an elite passer ofcourse, but he is very much a good passer for a winger.

Funny that many of you have forgotten that Max used to be a pass-first winger. In Max's rookie year, what impressed me most wasn't his shot (it wasn't anywhere near as great as it is now), his size, nor smarts; it was his passing skills (and his speed/skating of-course).
Agreed he has good passing skills but he's a shoot first/drive the net first.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, Gallagher isn't bad.

But after that, the only winger we have who isn't completely inept at passing the puck is Pacioretty. And he's not particularly good at it.
You are a rational poster here.

Can you please explain the difference for me?

When you and others criticize our wingers for poor passing, it is just normal conversation. But when someone criticizes Eller's passing, then they are labeled a hater with an agenda?

Thanks

Old
02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:

When you and others criticize our wingers for poor passing, it is just normal conversation. But when someone criticizes Eller's passing, then they are labeled a hater with an agenda?

Thanks
It's pretty simple. Eller is not a bad passer, whereas most of our wingers are bad passers.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Thanks
It's obvious that our winger corp passing skill is not our strenght.

I don't think your fit to be in this thread for real. You're just not being the rational poster. Only fools dont change ideas man, you were wrong we got it already. Now just get over it.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Thanks
Look, I donít have any problem with anyone who criticizes Eller because he does have flaws in his game. I even agree with you that Eller either takes too much time to take a decision or just simply takes bad decision. I also agree that he ices the puck way too often but thatís goes hand in hand with the poor decision making.

What Iím deploring is that post you wrote on Eller after his poor game against the Islanders when you should know that heís been amongst our best forwards in the past 12 games. Itís just pissing me off when you ďwaitĒ 12 games and jumped on the first opportunity to call him overrated because we were praising his previous games.

Itís like the guy that wait for Carey Price to get one bad game and then say heís overrated and if Price gets a shutout in the next game, he suddenly changes his mind and say he wants Price to succeed and wish Price could play like that more but in reality, Price was already playing really well in the past 10 games.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
It's obvious that our winger corp passing skill is not our strenght.

I don't think your fit to be in this thread for real. You're just not being the rational poster. Only fools dont change ideas man, you were wrong we got it already. Now just get over it.
I have to give credit to Rosso Scuderia for admitting that Eller has flaws.

Go back and read a few pages back where I complimented Eller on his play in the last game. In those posts, you will see where I stated that I was very happy with his game because we need every player producing so the TEAM will win.......not just an individual player.

I am not the first or only person who has stated that Eller needs work on his decision making when he has the puck. I may be the only one who has stuck around this thread trying to inject a little reality into the conversation though.

I hope Eller continues to improve this season, regardless of what line he plays on. This TEAM needs production from all four lines and the D to be successful.

I can guarantee you I will line up in praising Eller at the end of the season if he keeps putting up points. That, however, does not deny me the right to criticize him for his play either.

Hope you understand........

Closed Thread