HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Geno Malkin

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
TO PENS:1st 2013, 2014,, 2nd 2013, Lars Eller, Louis Leblanc, Dalton Thrower.

TO HABS: Malkin

and thats as good as i would offer, some would say no without Gally well hes untouchable and same goes with Subban and Pice.
Ill fix it for you:

To Pitts: 1st 2013, 1st 2014, 2nd 2013, PK Subban, Alex Galchenyuk.

Even then i dont think the Pens take it.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:11 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Oh boy...

Yeah no one would be suprised at all. Lazy money hungry Russian.
I think he's pretty comfy in Pittsburgh. That plus what there all doing in that community is pretty cool. Having said that I wouldn't take the chance at losing him for nothing so if he wasn't resigned by the deadline next year, the offer of O'reily, Landesgog (however it's spelled) and a first would do it.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
laundryman

I don't see why people get upset about these threads. Of course Malkin won't be traded. But why can't we have some fun and speculate what it would take to move him? Some people enjoy hyperbole. Just go read another thread if it bothers you so much.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Please just stop. No team is going to want to give up what it takes to acquire Malkin. And Pittsburgh will not be happy with anything short of major overpayment. Not the mention the cap ramifications of the newly acquired players.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
I don't see why people get upset about these threads. Of course Malkin won't be traded. But why can't we have some fun and speculate what it would take to move him? Some people enjoy hyperbole. Just go read another thread if it bothers you so much.
I agree with you right up until the part where people try to point out realistic value and then everyone gets indignant, "WELL WHY WOULD I GIVE UP THAT?!??!??"

If it's for fun, then have fun. Don't worry that we (the Pens fans who are playing proxy GM for the day) don't want what you're offering.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:20 AM
laundryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I agree with you right up until the part where people try to point out realistic value and then everyone gets indignant, "WELL WHY WOULD I GIVE UP THAT?!??!??"

If it's for fun, then have fun. Don't worry that we (the Pens fans who are playing proxy GM for the day) don't want what you're offering.
It's completely fair for Pens fans to decline offers, but coming in and just saying "stop guys, this is stupid, Malkin isn't going anywhere, don't waste your time, etc, etc." is silly.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:24 AM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbadub View Post
4 firsts + a top 3 18-23 year old pick who is already cementing themselves in the league. Like Eberle or Benn.
This is probably what it would take to get Geno.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Kwayry

The only realistic trade I can think of is Crosby + 2013 first + 2014 first + Letang for Malkin.
Everybody is happy because everybody stays in Pittsburgh.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Zbynek

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhanot View Post
Gardiner + Kessel + 2013 1st rd pick, if we're trying to imagine this scenario....
Quote:
if we're trying to imagine this scenario

Old
02-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Jaromir Jagrbombs

He's damaged goods. I don't think he'll ever be as good coming back from his concussion and I'm not sure teams would be willing to risk the assets it would take to acquire him.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:46 PM
MrMcCaptain

vCash: 1584
Hall/Yakupov + Gagner + 2014 1st + 2013 top 5 protected first

Old
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Ill fix it for you:

If the Pens don't take this, they won't be taking anything lol. Talk about major overpayment.
(No, I don't have any counter offer, and no, I don't think Malkin will be traded for spare parts)

Old
02-25-2013, 12:50 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCaptain View Post
Hall/Yakupov + Gagner + 2014 1st + 2013 top 5 protected first
i don't see this deal even being considered without Eberle, especially since you are including Gagner of all players you could have thrown in. however, even if the deal were Yakupov, Eberle, and their next two 1st rounders, the Pens don't touch the trade and neither do the Oilers

Old
02-25-2013, 12:52 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Using the Chicago Blackhawks for example, the offer would have to be Kane + 3-4 1st round picks + a prospect.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:01 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

He needs to be the guy somewhere??? Malkin is the guy. He won the NHL MVP last year.. He's the guy here, there, somewhere and every where.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Daffy

To Sens: Malkin

To Pens: Karlsson

In terms of value. But Ottawa would never do this, and neither would Pittsburgh.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Ill fix it for you:

Swap the 2nd and the '14 1st for Pacioretty. But even then I don't think it'd work.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:41 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Using the Chicago Blackhawks for example, the offer would have to be Kane + 3-4 1st round picks + a prospect.
A Pens friend and I were playing proxy GM for a bit, and we agreed to Geno + Pouliot for Kane + Bolland.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:47 PM
chuck1984

Ah man I hope he goes to Philly as a UFA in 2014 just to give it to all the know-it-all Pens fan lol (80% of which are bandwagonners but none the less). And I'm a Hans fan. I HATE it when people say ''He's not going anywhere!'', ''Pens would NEVER trade him!''. For arguments sake; Trade deadline next year, Pens are 14th in the East, 15 points behind 8th, on a 7 game losing streak, you know he wont resign with you, you still dont trade him? All I'm saying is the O.P. is asking the value of him. We all know odds are he wont be traded, even before he hits UFA, but this is the internet, we can assume, make suggestions and proposals. If you're SOOO against the topic of trading Malkin, move on to the next thread, you see the title before you click on it...

As for trading him, never say never...

Old
02-25-2013, 01:47 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post

In terms of value. But Ottawa would never do this, and neither would Pittsburgh.
value-wise i think the Senators still need to add. either way though, you are right. neither team would give this a thought.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:52 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1984 View Post
Ah man I hope he goes to Philly as a UFA in 2014 just to give it to all the know-it-all Pens fan lol (80% of which are bandwagonners but none the less)! And I'm a Hans fan. I HATE it when people say ''He's not going anywhere!'', ''Pens would NEVER trade him!''. For arguments sake; Trade deadline next year, Pens are 14th in the East, 15 points behind 8th, on a 7 game losing streak, you know he wont resign with you, you still dont trade him? All I'm saying is the O.P. is asking the value of him. We all know odds are he wont be traded, even before he hits UFA, but this is the internet, we can assume, make suggestions and proposals. If you're SOOO against the topic of trading Malkin, move on to the next thread, you see the title before you click on it...

ignoring the obvious fact that you're grouping Pens fans on this board as bandwagoners with a garbage blanket statement, there are people making proposals anyway, trying to guage his value. i don't know why you are surprised when Pens fans respond with the inevitable "it's not enough".

let's put it this way: Malkin, as far as the Pens are concerned, has so much value that any team making a trade for him has to MASSIVELY overpay to get him, and there isn't a team that can realistically absorb any trade like that without being at the cusp of a major rebuild anyway.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1984 View Post
Ah man I hope he goes to Philly as a UFA in 2014 just to give it to all the know-it-all Pens fan lol (80% of which are bandwagonners but none the less). And I'm a Hans fan. I HATE it when people say ''He's not going anywhere!'', ''Pens would NEVER trade him!''. For arguments sake; Trade deadline next year, Pens are 14th in the East, 15 points behind 8th, on a 7 game losing streak, you know he wont resign with you, you still dont trade him? All I'm saying is the O.P. is asking the value of him. We all know odds are he wont be traded, even before he hits UFA, but this is the internet, we can assume, make suggestions and proposals. If you're SOOO against the topic of trading Malkin, move on to the next thread, you see the title before you click on it...

Yawn.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post

What could we realistically see Malkin sign for? Because I think Karlsson at 6.5x7 is one of the most valuable pieces in the league.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
What could we realistically see Malkin sign for? Because I think Karlsson at 6.5x7 is one of the most valuable pieces in the league.
outside of the Pens, probably $9M-$10M per year, accounting for any contract limitations in the CBA. on a desperate enough team, he could easily land more.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
I agree, and Malkin would sign for the absolute max. I wouldn't trade Karlsson for anybody. And Geno isn't going anywhere anyways.

Closed Thread