HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs Firesale at the Deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 02:00 AM
  #1
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Avs Firesale at the Deadline

Realistically speaking, what would your team offer for the likes of Cody McLeod, Chuck Kobasew, David Jones, Ryan O'Byrne, Shane O'Brien, Greg Zanon, and Matt Hunwick?

I understand that pretty much all of these players suck beyond belief with the exception of McLeod, he's excellent at what he does, great 4th line player who can play 3rd line minutes if given the opportunity and correct linemates. I don't expect much return for players like Kobasew, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, and Hunwick, and expect a bad contract in return for David Jones' bad contract.

Thoughts? Does Colorado need to add in order for you to take on some players lol

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:03 AM
  #2
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Realistically speaking, what would your team offer for the likes of Cody McLeod, Chuck Kobasew, David Jones, Ryan O'Byrne, Shane O'Brien, Greg Zanon, and Matt Hunwick?

I understand that pretty much all of these players suck beyond belief with the exception of McLeod, he's excellent at what he does, great 4th line player who can play 3rd line minutes if given the opportunity and correct linemates. I don't expect much return for players like Kobasew, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, and Hunwick, and expect a bad contract in return for David Jones' bad contract.

Thoughts? Does Colorado need to add in order for you to take on some players lol
I'd be interested in McLeod for the 4th line. Ours 4th line sucks right now. Not sure what you would want though.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:13 AM
  #3
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,681
vCash: 50
I can't imagine Avs trading McLeod. He's having a good year, has finally learned to play disciplined and is signed for another two years at a reasonable salary.

The others are closer to the pending UFAs/spares/misfits/bad contracts that are often shopped and rarely traded.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:28 AM
  #4
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I'd be interested in McLeod for the 4th line. Ours 4th line sucks right now. Not sure what you would want though.
I figured the Sharks would want him, I mean damn, they signed Gomez for crying out loud, if that doesn't scream desperate for bottom 6 help, I don't know what does. I could see the Sharks also being a big player for someone like Cullen and Konopka.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:31 AM
  #5
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 496
Realistically I don't see the Avs dealing McLeod or Hunwick. They are playing well and have multiple years left on their contracts. Jones isn't play well and I don't think any team would touch his contact at this point.

That leaves forward Kobasew, and defense O'Brien, Zanon, O'Byrne.

O'Brien and Zanon aren't playing well and have multi-year deals. However their contracts are affordable and every playoff team is looking for defensive depth. I think one could potentially be dealt. Zanon most likely staying and O'Brien being dealt.

Kobasew is garbage, Colorado would be lucky to get a 4th rounder or C level prospect. O'Byrne is most certainly going to be dealt by the deadline. Colorado just has too many defensemen under contract in the NHL and too many pushing for roster spots from the AHL to commit to O'Byrne. I think O'Byrne fetches Colorado a 2nd rounder, or 3rd and something else thrown in.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:33 AM
  #6
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,817
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Realistically I don't see the Avs dealing McLeod or Hunwick. They are playing well and have multiple years left on their contracts. Jones isn't play well and I don't think any team would touch his contact at this point.

That leaves forward Kobasew, and defense O'Brien, Zanon, O'Byrne.

O'Brien and Zanon aren't playing well and have multi-year deals. However their contracts are affordable and every playoff team is looking for defensive depth. I think one could potentially be dealt. Zanon most likely staying and O'Brien being dealt.

Kobasew is garbage, Colorado would be lucky to get a 4th rounder or C level prospect. O'Byrne is most certainly going to be dealt by the deadline. Colorado just has too many defensemen under contract in the NHL and too many pushing for roster spots from the AHL to commit to O'Byrne. I think O'Byrne fetches Colorado a 2nd rounder, or 3rd and something else thrown in.
Kobasew is NOT garbage.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:40 AM
  #7
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Kobasew is NOT garbage.
He can skate fast, that is all he does well.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:51 AM
  #8
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,822
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Kobasew is NOT garbage.
i disagree, i would take anything for him, call sgarbossa or van der gulik to fill in for him, i don't see much difference.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:48 AM
  #9
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 50
Kobasew is a decent 4th liner. As for McLeod, he needs to stay.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
  #10
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
I included McLeod because I feel he could net us the best return out of all the players listed, and yes Kobasew does suck lol. Never seen a player with such speed have so many chances and shoot right at the chest

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:47 PM
  #11
Mowerman
Registered User
 
Mowerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
at best probably a swap of spare parts

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:49 PM
  #12
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,408
vCash: 542
I would just hope to get some shorter contracts or late round picks for these guys.

No one will touch Jones contract unless he starts playing the way he can, but if he does that, we wouldn't want to trade him. I imagine we're stuck with him, good and bad.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:50 PM
  #13
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
I think the Oilers could use McLeod and Jones. What kind of pieces would the Aves be looking for? Picks? Prospects? Vets?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:52 PM
  #14
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I think the Oilers could use McLeod and Jones. What kind of pieces would the Aves be looking for? Picks? Prospects? Vets?
I don't think the Avs are going to trade McLeod to Edmonton lol

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.