HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Aebischer to Florida (Rumors)

Old
07-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Pere Noel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I want Horton that's it.

if they don't want then stop calling Gainey for a freebee.

Gainey should slam the phone so they get the picture.
This was a funny one.

Heck, it may even work. LOL

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Maxpac

let's just get the pick and save 2 mil

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
let's just get the pick and save 2 mil
Sure, we'll do it in January though, just to be sure on HUET.

Also we won't save 2mill, only 1.3 Aeby is worth 1.9, and Danis would need to be recalled to replace him, that costs .6

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 08:47 AM
wshld

Send a message via AIM to wshld Send a message via MSN to wshld
Danis will be is another team, since i think he must go through waivers if he doestn start the year with the Habs.

wshld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshld View Post
Danis will be is another team, since i think he must go through waivers if he doestn start the year with the Habs.
The habs can just cary 3 goalies, like Buffalo did last year. I'm not sure they will, but it's not like the HAVE to waive him.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshld View Post
Noone has been able to confirm or deny if he must be waived yet. Some people say he does, others say no. I will need to see a real media source to ask BG to clarify the situation for us as in his case it seems murky as to what category he falls in and none of us have seen the entire CBA.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I want Horton that's it.

if they don't want then stop calling Gainey for a freebee.

Gainey should slam the phone so they get the picture.
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

You want Horton, that's it? Okay, scuze me while I roll around on the floor for a little bit.

Aebischer for Horton. Yeah, that'll happen. And after Gainey slams the phone down, what's gonna happen? Will Keenan come crawling back with a sadface and accept that deal because big bad Bob was a meanie to him?

You, my friend, are God.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
wont trade? how did you reach this conclusion?

Anyway...Aebischer+a good prospect for Bouwmeester. If indeed we have to trade Souray.
He reached this conclusion by stopping and having some rational thought before he posted. Which was a very nice and good thing to do. There are certain things called "Franchise players" or "cornerstones" that many teams have that they simply are not trading for picks or prospects. Olli Jokinen is one of those guys. Jay Bouwmeester is one of those guys.

There are no picks, prospects, or players the Habs have that will land you Bouwmeester. Not Perezhogin, not Kostsitsyn, not Chipchura, not Latendresse, and not Aebischer. And definitely not Souray.

A backup goalie + a prospect (even a really good one) will not get you Bouwmeester.

I'm sorry. This is the simple truth.

Old
07-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
He reached this conclusion by stopping and having some rational thought before he posted. Which was a very nice and good thing to do. There are certain things called "Franchise players" or "cornerstones" that many teams have that they simply are not trading for picks or prospects. Olli Jokinen is one of those guys. Jay Bouwmeester is one of those guys.

There are no picks, prospects, or players the Habs have that will land you Bouwmeester. Not Perezhogin, not Kostsitsyn, not Chipchura, not Latendresse, and not Aebischer. And definitely not Souray.

A backup goalie + a prospect (even a really good one) will not get you Bouwmeester.

Don't be sorry but please follow up on your hockey their "oh" brilliant one, Abi is no backup..now you may go home.....bye bye

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 03:25 PM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maley View Post
Don't be sorry but please follow up on your hockey their "oh" brilliant one, Abi is no backup..now you may go home.....bye bye
ok then, a below average starter + a prospect wont get you bouwmeester either.

though if you REALLY want to get into the semantics of it, he finished the year doing what? backing up huet.

til he is traded or snatches the job back, he's a backup.

patastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

And they said that about Gretzky too. Everybody has a price.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

It's funny how people are acting like if they were GMs sometimes... you won't get player A for player B cause... cause I said it !

Yeah right... continue to act like poor wannabe GM

Everything is possible, keep it in mind

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 04:11 PM
patastrophe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurCHAOS View Post
It's funny how people are acting like if they were GMs sometimes... you won't get player A for player B cause... cause I said it !
nope, its not cause myself or clint said it. its cause...cause...cause it doesnt make one ****in iota of sense.

why would the panthers, who are nowhere near cap strapped, give up their number one d-man whose rights they control for another couple of seasons for an average goalie and a player that may or may not ever pan out?

cause habs fans want bouwmeester isnt really a good enough reason. sorry.

Old
07-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maley View Post
I am pretty brilliant, aren't I? Glad someone picks up on it for once.

So I guess Huet is your backup? That's not very wise, considering you're paying him $3 million next year. What the heck is Gainey thinking!? Shouldn't he be slamming down phones somewhere!?

I'll try to follow up on my hockey from now on, whatever that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
And they said that about Gretzky too. Everybody has a price.
Gretzky wasn't traded for Montreal garbage. You're missing my point. I understand everyone has a price, and it just so happens that Bouwmeester and Jokinen's price is much higher than Aebischer plus scraps.

Quote:

Yeah right... continue to act like poor wannabe GM

Everything is possible, keep it in mind
Aebischer and a prospect for Bouwmeester is not possible. Aebischer for Horton is not possible. I'm not acting like a wannabe GM, I'm just pointing out how silly that kind of speculation is. Keep that in mind.

Old
07-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Gretzky wasn't traded for Montreal garbage. You're missing my point. I understand everyone has a price, and it just so happens that Bouwmeester and Jokinen's price is much higher than Aebischer plus scraps.

But you said Montreal has nothing to offer that Florida would be interested in trading Bouwmeester for. I disagree. Or do you consider everything the Habs has as "scraps"? I think Markov would be a great negotiation starter.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:54 PM
patastrophe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post

But you said Montreal has nothing to offer that Florida would be interested in trading Bouwmeester for. I disagree. Or do you consider everything the Habs has as "scraps"? I think Markov would be a great negotiation starter.
not for bouwmeester, but he would definitely draw interest from me in another deal.

IIRC gretzky was traded due to economic conditions, not because edmonton actually wanted to do the deal.

Old
07-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

I agree that, for example, Aebischer for Bouwmeester is absurd looking and probably will never happen, BUT the point is, for the wannabe GM, that even if it looks absurd for you, you're not the GM, so who the hell care if you say it's impossible ??

How would you know if, perhaps, Keenan has a hard-on on Abby all of a sudden ?

You won't know... in fact, NOBODY will, except the one and only GM, Mike Keenan...

Are you a GM ?

PS Thanks for the correction, I'll keep that in mind

Last edited by Vasculio: 07-23-2006 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:14 PM
znk

Quote:

Markov + Kostisyn + Latendresse + Ryder + Higgins + Huet + our 1rst round pick for the next 10 years might get their attention.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I agree that, for example, Aebischer for Bouwmeester is absurd looking and probably will never happen, BUT the point is, for the wannabe GM, that even if it looks absurd for you, you're not the GM, so who the hell care if you say it's impossible ??

You won't know... in fact, NOBODY will, except the one and only GM, Mike Keenan...

Are you a GM ?

You're raising a hypothetical question and suggesting that Keenan might consider making a move you already know would be irrational. Do you think Keenan is that much of a fool? Would you like a thousand to one odds against that happening? At that, a thousand to one wouldn't be high enough. You might as well donate your looney to charity.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:16 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
wont trade? how did you reach this conclusion?

Anyway...Aebischer+a good prospect for Buowmeester. If indeed we have to trade Souray.
hahaha, you might want to remove the blue and red tint from your glasses.. Florida won't trade Bono.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:23 PM
digitalmonkey*

Florida already has a starting goaltender.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 11:27 PM
patastrophe

Quote:

Are you a GM ?

its also scientifically possible that genetically modified flying baboons might fly into my apartment and attack me, but that doesnt mean its gonna happen

though that kind of out of left field thing has happened in the recent past. after all, garth snow is an nhl gm at this moment.

Last edited by patastrophe: 07-23-2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason: typoitis
Old
07-23-2006, 11:27 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
hahaha, you might want to remove the blue and red tint from your glasses.. Florida won't trade Bono.
I dont understand why I wrote Aebi + just one prospect I'm sure there are some invisible characters in my post.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:00 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey View Post
Alex Auld?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey View Post
hahahahahahahaha

Alex Auld a great no 1 goaltender??? sure that why he was the backup of Cloutier and Cloutier is not a clear no 1 goalie

If you overate all your players like this , this is maybe why you didn t make the playoff since years

Oh and Luongo for Bertuzzi (5,3m$ for a overate player) and Alex Auld is the worst trade that i saw since i m following hockey. Vancouver would have pay to get ride of Bertuzzi and his contract. Luongo was the best goaltender in the NHL and for years to come.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote