HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
Colorado doesn't have a very good history of keeping players who hold out in contract demands...
like Joe Sakic?

Old
02-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Fair enough. Like I said I don't know much about Siemens.
Big defensive defenseman with terrific set of wheels, mean, tough along the boards, can make a good first pass, will fight, dominates the WHL competition (he's +40 in his last 36 games) and he's one of the main reasons the Saskatoon Blades are winners of 15 straight games. He's also the 2nd youngest player taken in the 2011 NHL draft with the 11th overall pick.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Hi Jets fans,

Here's a little perspective:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=674557

Now, please don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that Jacob Trouba is going to become a bust or anything like that but here's the thing, there's nothing that guarantees he'll reach his full potential. That's why prospects are prospects until they play in the NHL.

There are quite a few threads that you can find, where Kings fans scoff at trading away their prized 4th overall selection, Thomas Hickey from the 2007 draft. None of them had an idea, even a few years later that he wasn't even going to end up being even a depth player for them in the future.

This is not to convince you that you should trade Trouba and be thrilled with it, it's just to throw a little perspective on the situation.

Seems like many of you are only considering the player that RoR is TODAY and not the player he will likely become in 4-5 years when he's like 26 but you ARE considering what Trouba will likely become when he reaches the NHL and beyond.

The 2nd Center labels are pretty bad. That is what he IS today as a just turned 22 year old. Do you know of many finished products at age 22?? There are some but most guys continue to get better into their mid-20s.

I know that if I were the Avs GM, that certainly Trouba would NEED to be involved as the main piece coming back to the Avs with any deal with Winnipeg. If your GM decides that it's a 'non-starter', then I have no problem with that. I would guess that if that were the case, the Avs would then turn their attention to teams like Buffalo, Ottawa or the Rangers to do their deal with.
That's understandable, but the same can be said about all of the potential pieces. Little and ROR (but to a lesser extent as they have played in the NHL), Siemens, Trouba and the 1st round picks. They all might not live up to their potentials. (Little is probably what he's going to be, but he's not that old).

When someone offered Little and Buff for ROR, Siemens, and a 1st, that was declined by all Avs fans as well. But Buff is an all-star, and Siemens and the 1st could also not reach their potentials. So it goes both ways I guess.

And to be honest, it's not only that Jets fans don't want to deal Trouba. It's that most of us don't feel like the difference between Little and ROR justifies it. And the pieces being offered back don't justify it either considering we need a guy like Trouba, more than we need an upgrade on Little.

I can see the Avs fans side as well. We all want what we think is best for our teams. I would rather keep Little and then add Trouba to the mix in a year or two if that is what it would take to get it done. But I can also understand an Avs fan that didn't want to lose a guy that they think is ready to become a #1C in the mold of Bergeron, and not get a true game changer back.

Besides crazy proposals that are just flame attempts, I don't see a right or a wrong answer, just different perspectives and wants.

At the end of the day someone on the ROR thread made a good point about the timing. If the Jets don't get into the playoff mix soon, I really don't see why they would want to make the deal now and burn some of ROR's years before UFA on a lost cause. So I think if there is a team that is looking to add him, as time goes on they would more likely be a playoff team, and more willing to use up a year if they think he could help them in the playoffs.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
like Joe Sakic?
He didn't hold out. He signed an offer sheet.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
Colorado doesn't have a very good history of keeping players who hold out in contract demands...
Who else held out?

Old
02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Flair Hay

The Jets were still right in the thick of the playoff race when they traded Oduya last year for the right return. I have to believe that even if they are leading the ridiculously weak SE Division, that they trade Hainsey IF they can't extend him before the deadline.

Colorado needs defense the same way we do so there's no way Siemens goes anywhere without a hell of a player coming back. The fact that ROR is available for less value than normal is just too good of an opportunity to pass up for proposals.

I like the dialogue, hope no one gets too caught up discussing the OP as its more of an NHL 13 proposal than anything.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:34 PM
ceeber

Edm-dal-col

Hemsky & Potter to Dallas

Goligoski and 2nd Rounder to Colorado

O'Reilly and 5th rounder (from Dallas) to Edmonton.

From what I hear from Media experts, that kind of trade solves all three team's issues, keeps salary relatively equal, and after Friday (Edm and Dallas) this trade wont directly haunt either team that much as I think they will only play once more the rest of the year.

Yah I know, here comes the bashing... like anyone can claim their trade made so much sense it was acted on by actual GM's!

Old
02-25-2013, 02:36 PM
dave babych returns

Colorado should be able to get more.

I don't know that Dallas wants to weaken their blueline to add Ales Hemsky of all players, Goligoski is the reason they traded James Neal in the first place.

Great deal for the Oilers though.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Sauron
The Count

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeber View Post
Hemsky & Potter to Dallas

Goligoski and 2nd Rounder to Colorado

O'Reilly and 5th rounder (from Dallas) to Edmonton.

From what I hear from Media experts, that kind of trade solves all three team's issues, keeps salary relatively equal, and after Friday (Edm and Dallas) this trade wont directly haunt either team that much as I think they will only play once more the rest of the year.

Yah I know, here comes the bashing... like anyone can claim their trade made so much sense it was acted on by actual GM's!
Dallas doesn't need hemsky

Old
sansabri
like a docent's lisp

bad for Colorado and Dallas.

Old
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Dallas' defense is stretched to the breaking point right now, and weakening it to add a winger while the team is in the midst of a great scoring patch makes no sense.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Who else held out?
Good point, normally the Avs cut all ties over a lot less.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

So we get a guy who's been a healthy scratch and a 2nd round pick for Radar? How about no.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan17 View Post
Hemsky and Jagr would be sick. He would also compliment Benn nicely.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Sauron
The Count

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
As much as Goligoski has been struggling this season, we can't trade a proven defenseman for hemsky. Our d depth is lacking enough right now as it is...

Old
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if fans remember that we just had an unnecessary lockout, one that was fueled by Money.

The value of the 2nd Contract became VERY important during the lockout, there's nothing wrong with a "Prove It" contract.
Well maybe if you actually watched him play you'd know that he already proved it, gawd. Am I doing it right Avs fans?

Old
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Who else held out?
Drury & Ozolinsh

Old
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
As much as Goligoski has been struggling this season, we can't trade a proven defenseman for hemsky. Our d depth is lacking enough right now as it is...
We'll add Fistric

Just kidding, we like him.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devereau View Post
What is colorado looking for if they traded ROR?
Player, prospect, 1st...depending on the player or prospect it could be 2 of the 3. They do not want a center in return.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Perro

seem like obvious no's from Dallas and Colorado.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:22 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Dyck_#1 View Post
To Col
Buff + Little + Wheeler

To Wpg
O'Reilly + Siemens + 2013 2nd
LOL you want the second best offensive defenseman in the game and two legitimate top-6 forwards for a holdout, a prospect and a 2nd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
ROR for Little, 2nd 2013?
Much more realistic based on actual trade values, Sherman's reported love for Little and the Jets abundance of picks this year.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
The Jets were still right in the thick of the playoff race when they traded Oduya last year for the right return. I have to believe that even if they are leading the ridiculously weak SE Division, that they trade Hainsey IF they can't extend him before the deadline.

Colorado needs defense the same way we do so there's no way Siemens goes anywhere without a hell of a player coming back. The fact that ROR is available for less value than normal is just too good of an opportunity to pass up for proposals.

I like the dialogue, hope no one gets too caught up discussing the OP as its more of an NHL 13 proposal than anything.
I think I undervalued Siemens not knowing how much he has picked up his game from last year at times Avs fans were calling him a bust pick so obviously things have changed.i'm really curious what you think Buff is worth I know it would depend on the team.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
Ugh...... that letter is brutal and is going to cost O'Reilly and the Avs both. There cannot be a team in the NHL for which that doesn't waive big red flags.

I'm sure it will be solved at some point, but what a public mess this is. Not your textbook way of handling a negotiation.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Stay in college, because being an armchair GM is not your strong suit.

This trade blows for everyone but Edmonton. I would say that if you want Ryan O'Reilly, you fork over a big 4.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
This!

We need defense and not some borderline NHL player. We will take Schultz and not the Nick version!

Closed Thread