Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 10:25 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I would trade a 1st for Myers in a heartbeat because we would be getting a proven quantity who is still pretty young in return, which is not what we would be getting if we use that pick in the draft.
At this point, I don't want Meyers. In having watched quite a few Buffalo games this season, the kid resembles a pylon, not a dynamic, Chara-esque style D-Man that I thought he would morph into after watching his rookie season.

I would pass and target some other player.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:38 AM
DANOZ28

does anybody have the link to the comments by hnic about the wild under achieving? thx also do you have an example or 2 of people panic posting elsewhere? (if its not against board rules) cheers! the wild are not playing upto my expectations thats 4 sure. ps i think only buffalo has a higher actual payroll than we do.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Yes, let's trade Granlund, Zucker, and Coyle for players at/past their prime. Brilliant. Go start the thread!
I was thinking more on the lines of

Heatley, Lucia and Coyle for Vanek.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
I was thinking more on the lines of

Heatley, Lucia and Coyle for Vanek.
That trade would be a big "no," for both teams.

Why would we trade Lucia and Coyle? Lucia has good potential, but his trade value is not all that high. Unproven prospects like him, who would not bring much, are better off holding onto.

Coyle, really? Cus he's sucked for us? He's young, unproven, and has a bright future, yeah, let's just trade one of our most promising forwards... Cus, you know, this is our year and all...WTF

Who the hell wants Heatley? So what you're saying is he's the big piece of the trade? Please, they would laugh at us. Pens are about the only team that might even entertain that idea.

Vanek. Sure he's good. Not worth what he would cost us, in reality. Not given our situation right now.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
That trade would be a big "no," for both teams.

Why would we trade Lucia and Coyle? Lucia has good potential, but his trade value is not all that high. Unproven prospects like him, who would not bring much, are better off holding onto.

Coyle, really? Cus he's sucked for us? He's young, unproven, and has a bright future, yeah, let's just trade one of our most promising forwards... Cus, you know, this is our year and all...WTF

Who the hell wants Heatley? So what you're saying is he's the big piece of the trade? Please, they would laugh at us. Pens are about the only team that might even entertain that idea.

Vanek. Sure he's good. Not worth what he would cost us, in reality. Not given our situation right now.
You must value the unkwon vs a guy 3rd in the NHL in points.

Koivu- Parise- Vanek for the next 4 years. Yeah not what we need at all.

Look at all the prospects that had bright futures and how many turned out. I am fine with Coyle leaving. Kid has not dominated against older talent. Mustered 10 career NCAA goals in 53 games. Beats up on younger Q players and is crowned great. One NHL goal.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Why do people give you a penny for your thoughts but you give your $.02?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
You must value the unkwon vs a guy 3rd in the NHL in points.

Koivu- Parise- Vanek for the next 4 years. Yeah not what we need at all.

Look at all the prospects that had bright futures and how many turned out. I am fine with Coyle leaving. Kid has not dominated against older talent. Mustered 10 career NCAA goals in 53 games. Beats up on younger Q players and is crowned great. One NHL goal.
I'm not saying Coyle is untouchable. He has a decent trade value for me, and he wouldn't be my first choice to move, at all, but for special players it could be considered.

What I was mainly saying is that, first off, is Heatley has almost negative trade value. No way in hell is Heatley in the same conversation as Vanek.

Secondly, to get a player of Vanek's caliber, you're looking at something like Coyle+++, which would be probably another good prospect, probably our first round draft pick, and probably a decent roster player somewhere around Seto's caliber.

It just would not be worth it. We're not in a win now and he would be the final piece, and trading for him would set us back a lot in our team development.

I would rather us buy out Heatley this summer and target a high end UFA like Perry.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
At this point, I don't want Meyers. In having watched quite a few Buffalo games this season, the kid resembles a pylon, not a dynamic, Chara-esque style D-Man that I thought he would morph into after watching his rookie season.

I would pass and target some other player.

Careful....it's posts like this one that can come back and bite you in the behind in a few years....

Old
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Careful....it's posts like this one that can come back and bite you in the behind in a few years....
Well aware of that. If someone wants to quote me years from now about how I had lowered expectations for Meyers, fine.

That being said, maybe it has been just the games I have watched, but kid has gotten burned by forwards more times than I cared to count. Reminded me a bit of watching John Scott, not Chara.

I wonder... Olekziak still up with Dallas? I haven't watched any of his play...

Old
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Well aware of that. If someone wants to quote me years from now about how I had lowered expectations for Meyers, fine.

That being said, maybe it has been just the games I have watched, but kid has gotten burned by forwards more times than I cared to count. Reminded me a bit of watching John Scott, not Chara.

I wonder... Olekziak still up with Dallas? I haven't watched any of his play...
Considering that Scott is with the Sabres, maybe you were watching him and not Myers!!!

Old
02-25-2013, 01:20 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Why do people give you a penny for your thoughts but you give your $.02?
The answer is simple: Volume.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:51 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Personally, I'd tried to stay out of most of those threads. They do no good.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Well I made it clear in my thread in the Trade section that I'm not advocating for a fire sale now. I simply stated that if things don't go our way this year, we might be trading away some pieces, and I was curious to see what each one is valued at. I admit I've gone overboard in a couple of the GDTs a week or two ago, but I've tried to keep it within a reasonable limit now.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Let's just put the fire sale talk in the trade thread.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I'm not saying Coyle is untouchable. He has a decent trade value for me, and he wouldn't be my first choice to move, at all, but for special players it could be considered.

What I was mainly saying is that, first off, is Heatley has almost negative trade value. No way in hell is Heatley in the same conversation as Vanek.

Secondly, to get a player of Vanek's caliber, you're looking at something like Coyle+++, which would be probably another good prospect, probably our first round draft pick, and probably a decent roster player somewhere around Seto's caliber.

It just would not be worth it. We're not in a win now and he would be the final piece, and trading for him would set us back a lot in our team development.

I would rather us buy out Heatley this summer and target a high end UFA like Perry.
That is simular to the reasoning of why we did not trade Sheppard, Gillies, Thelen, Fiala, Voloshenko, O'Sullivan, Cuma, or the corresponding pick. We were set for the future. Instead they did not turn out, Gabby unhappy left and we re-roll.

Proven players IMO have more value than what ifs.

Vanek just came to me,
Moulson in NYI is cheap, solid and is old enough were a Zucker or Coyle would be a simular player if they turn out. Youth to turn out with Tavares.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:17 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

still can't figure out the trade talk targeting prospects and picks (much less fire-sales) when we're one point out of the playoffs and #s 5 and 6 in the conference standings have two more points than us but both have played two more games. it's crazy.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:25 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
That is simular to the reasoning of why we did not trade Sheppard, Gillies, Thelen, Fiala, Voloshenko, O'Sullivan, Cuma, or the corresponding pick. We were set for the future. Instead they did not turn out, Gabby unhappy left and we re-roll.

Proven players IMO have more value than what ifs.

Vanek just came to me,
Moulson in NYI is cheap, solid and is old enough were a Zucker or Coyle would be a simular player if they turn out. Youth to turn out with Tavares.
I don't remember many Wild fans thinking we were "set for the future" with that crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
still can't figure out the trade talk targeting prospects and picks (much less fire-sales) when we're one point out of the playoffs and #s 5 and 6 in the conference standings have two more points than us but both have played two more games. it's crazy.
..and if the Wild win tomorrow night, we'll see the posts asking which player should Fletcher target at the deadline to help make that Stanley Cup push!!

Old
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
I don't remember many Wild fans thinking we were "set for the future" with that crew.

..and if the Wild win tomorrow night, we'll see the posts asking which player should Fletcher target at the deadline to help make that Stanley Cup push!!
I do.

I remember Chris Simon as the best option in 07-08 because we did not want to sacrfice the future.
Young players, Gillies and Sheppard
Next years picks Cuma and Scandella.
That was worth keeping around instead of loading up for the play offs.

Thelen at one point was the future PP QB.

The 05-06 Aeros.
Voloshenko with 33goals
O'Sullivan with 93 points
Foy
Olvecky
Trading for Belle

Old
02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
I do.

I remember Chris Simon as the best option in 07-08 because we did not want to sacrfice the future.

The 05-06 Aeros.
Voloshenko with 33goals
Foy
Olvecky
Trading for Belle
Now I KNOW you're joking...

NONE of those prospects were considered "blue chip" by ANYONE.

...and the Chris Simon signing was blasted by even the biggest Riser-apologists.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Alright guys, let's just stop drafting players, I mean since the previous regime was horrible at drafting that means every prospect will never be as good as current NHLers. Let's trade all the kids that could produce for less money and trade for NHL players who will strangle us financially.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:18 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
I do.

The 05-06 Aeros.
Voloshenko with 33goals
Foy
Olvecky
Trading for Belle
That just reminded me how disappointing trade deadlines are for us Wild fans.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Hard to believe those guys were once highly touted.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
ChexLeMeneux

Quote:
I do.

The 05-06 Aeros.
Voloshenko with 33goals
Foy
Olvecky
Trading for Belle
Chris Simon was not the best option in 07-08. It was a "look I'm trying to do something" move by DR that did nothing for the team.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:11 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Hard to believe those guys were once highly touted.
Well, odds are only 1 of Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Larsson will be a legit top-6er for the Wild. If we get 2 we should consider ourselves lucky.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:20 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i'd be on the...um, i would call it "realist" side with NSF but a little more optimistic. I'm thinking one should be a top three guy.

Closed Thread