HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 12:29 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
But how would Sacco take to being demoted?
I don't think it could happen here. Last time we demoted a coach it was with a hand-shake deal that he would eventually become our next head-coach again...and we all remember how much of a miserable failure that turned out to be. I think Sacco could actually benefit in the long run by getting canned here and then taking an assistant position with say Dave Tippett for a few or five years then getting another chance at a top job.

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 02-21-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: grammer
Old
02-25-2013, 09:02 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat
#Avalanche #Capitals #Rangers all interested in Lindy Ruff - the #avs are most likely to make a move first if they don't start winning soon
Expand
2 hrs The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat
Lindy Ruff looks like he'll have a job in the very near future. Many teams debating to fire their coach before Ruff is off the market#Sabres

Not sure if Ruff is the answer, but he would be better than Sacco. I hope this kid in his mom's basement knows something.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:12 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
#Avalanche #Capitals #Rangers all interested in Lindy Ruff - the #avs are most likely to make a move first if they don't start winning soon
Expand
Lindy Ruff looks like he'll have a job in the very near future. Many teams debating to fire their coach before Ruff is off the market#Sabres

Not sure if Ruff is the answer, but he would be better than Sacco. I hope this kid in his mom's basement knows something.
I highly doubt that.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:15 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Lacroix(+Sherman) bringing in a strong, demanding presence from outside the organization? A guy with no ties to the Lacroix family? A dude who will put his foot down and influence the team regardless of whether it's the "corporate line" to tow? Yeah, not happening.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

Ruff in Denver? Sure about the same time hell starts to freeze over.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:13 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Lacroix(+Sherman) bringing in a strong, demanding presence from outside the organization? A guy with no ties to the Lacroix family? A dude who will put his foot down and influence the team regardless of whether it's the "corporate line" to tow? Yeah, not happening.
I tend to agree. If Sacco gets canned it will be Army who gets the job.

Though some new blood in the organization is exactly what this team needs.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
I agree with you , sadly they will probably stay inside the organization and we'll get more of the same . IF they were a little bit wiser , they would make a choaching change right now, b4 it's to late for us to turn things arround .

Old
02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Expand

I'd be shocked if that actually happened. Sacco somehow survived last year with Boudreau and Carlyle on the market, and even managed to get an extension when the team barely squeaked out a 20th place finish.

That doesn't even touch the fact that Ruff has no ties to our organization. 'Interested' assumes that our management A) knows who Ruff is B) knows he is out of a job C) knows he's actually a good coach, I'm not sure any of these are true. Part of me hopes he gets hired by NYR because that means Tortorella will be on the market, but then I'd just get my hopes when the team doesn't even consider him and just stays the course.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:

I think Quinn gets it before Army, since he was HC at Lake Erie. Army's only been a HC at Providence college, and some under 18 programs.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:

Nah, just look at what happened in OT last night. Quinn had the dry erase board out and was putting together the PK game plan while Sacco watched.

He'll be the next benchboss.

But if we started looking elsewhere, for the love of god let it be Jon Cooper.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:31 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I think Quinn gets it before Army, since he was HC at Lake Erie. Army's only been a HC at Providence college, and some under 18 programs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Nah, just look at what happened in OT last night. Quinn had the dry erase board out and was putting together the PK game plan while Sacco watched.

Good point. Either way it will suck.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Heard some good things about Cooper. Too bad this organization is so damned insular that they won't bother doing an actual coaching search.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Just bring in Roy and get it over with. You think Roy would let someone tell him how to do his job? Not a chance.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:56 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

What's Cooper's background, why would you want him? Coaches in the NHL are one area I don't know much about beyond the current ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Just bring in Roy and get it over with. You think Roy would let someone tell him how to do his job? Not a chance.
I personally like the idea of Roy, hes an offensive minded coach and breathes fire along with commanding instant respect. Which I think with our young roster is needed more than anything. The only thing that makes me like Quinn is that he actually kicked a trash can across the room, but I'd like to have them both.

I would be surprised if they brought someone in from the 'outside' but that does not stop me from hoping for it.

The one thing about hiring Roy is that it would be a nightmare to fire him if it does not work. PR wise anyways...

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 02-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
What's Cooper's background, why would you want him? Coaches in the NHL are one area I don't know much about beyond the current ones.
http://www.norfolkadmirals.com/relea...y1.php?id=1930

Honestly I'm just finding out about him myself--just heard that as a tactician, he's light years beyond anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I personally like the idea of Roy, hes an offensive minded coach and breathes fire along with commanding instant respect. Which I think with our young roster is needed more than anything. The only thing that makes me like Quinn is that he actually kicked a trash can across the room, but I'd like to have them both.

I would be surprised if they brought someone in from the 'outside' but that does not stop me from hoping for it.

The one thing about hiring Roy is that it would be a nightmare to fire him if it does not work. PR wise anyways...
Not confident in Roy's ability as a GM, but as a coach I think he'd be phenomenal.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
At some point, they need to though. If and when they fire Sacco, and they replace him with another guy within I don't know how much more I could take. At that point they aren't interested in doing what is right for the franchise. And more importantly they aren't interested in developing this young team they have assembled. I still believe that Sacco and Co have been brought in for this rebuild. Now that these kids are getting older they will bring in a decent head coach.

I think Ruff is a good fit. But there are lots of good options. I still like Andy Murray.

It is telling that they were ready to hand over the reigns to Roy. As has been said, he isn't going to take **** from anyone. They almost signed him as GM and Coach. So IF they brought him in, he would most definitely have a say in player changes.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
At some point, they need to though. If and when they fire Sacco, and they replace him with another guy within I don't know how much more I could take. At that point they aren't interested in doing what is right for the franchise. And more importantly they aren't interested in developing this young team they have assembled. I still believe that Sacco and Co have been brought in for this rebuild. Now that these kids are getting older they will bring in a decent head coach.

I think Ruff is a good fit. But there are lots of good options. I still like Andy Murray.

It is telling that they were ready to hand over the reigns to Roy. As has been said, he isn't going to take **** from anyone. They almost signed him as GM and Coach. So IF they brought him in, he would most definitely have a say in player changes.
I like Murray, but I think the NHL has passed him by, frankly.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
http://www.norfolkadmirals.com/relea...y1.php?id=1930

Honestly I'm just finding out about him myself--just heard that as a tactician, he's light years beyond anyone else.

Not confident in Roy's ability as a GM, but as a coach I think he'd be phenomenal.
Yea, Roy kind of scares me as a GM. Like if he didn't like the teams attitude one week he'd throw a fit and turn over the whole roster for scraps.

Way too emotional for a GM it seems.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I like Murray, but I think the NHL has passed him by, frankly.
That is what they said about Hitchcock. Some time away from the game does a Coach some good.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
That is what they said about Hitchcock. Some time away from the game does a Coach some good.
In retrospect, it became quite apparent in Columbus that the problem was not the coach.

Good point though...if we were to hire Murray I certainly wouldn't complain.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Foppa2118

Andy Murray was a good coach, he turned LA into a very solid team with good fundamentals. He's way too defensive for PL to hire him though. As much as he may adjust to the newer NHL, I'm sure defense will still be the priority.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Freudian
calmer than you are

It seems to do old coaches well to sit out a while after being fired. It allows them to think things through and they usually comes back a bit more mellow. Carlyle and Hitchcock seem to have benefited from a break.

I'd be much more interested in Ruff in the summer than right now. There not really any time to implement any system since you can hardly practice during this compressed season.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
PAZ

Let it be Roy. I'd love Ruff as well but theres no chance in hell we hire him. If Sacco lasts this long, Roy as hell will and at that point it won't look as bad. Not to mention i'm sure they'd 'mutually agree' to part ways.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Won't be surprised if Lindy heads back to Florida. Not that I think Dineen deserves to get fired, but things are so bad in Florida right now, I'm not sure how that mess is going to shake out.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Foppa2118

Just saw this stat on the Post. The Avs only win 57.1% of their games when they lead the game after two periods.

That's ridiculous.

Closed Thread