HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Panthers are about to trade everyone

Old
02-25-2013, 06:22 AM
SufferingCatFan

vCash: 500
I expect that the Panthers will continue to tank and use the balance of the season to give NHL experience to young players and AHL call- ups. Tallon will be busy at the TDL trying to peddle overpriced vets like Kopecky for a bag of pucks, trying to move useful vets like Smithson for picks and probably trading Weiss for a late first. But, it will not be a fire sale, although Trader Tallon may consider moving Weaver if the price is right...

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:19 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly4 View Post
to:

-Weiss
-Theodore
-2nd round pick 2013

-Grabovski
-Kulemin
-Gunnarsson

i think this trade helps both teams, yes Grabo will be missed in T.O but it will give us a good vet backup for Reimer/Scrivens, a 2nd round pick in a deep draft and a chance to try Weiss between Kessel and Lupul before we make a decision on him in FA. Grabovski will be missed but with Kadri developing into our future 2nd line center Grabos days in T.O with that salary seem numbered. All 3 of those leaf players have had serious success, Kulemin wont go back to 30 goals but he can be a very effective 3rd liner or even 2nd liner with great line mates. Gunner also can be a steady 4/5 d man especially when he doesn't have a hip injury.
Yikes!! That's just plain brutal for the Leafs.

I wouldn't even touch that with a 50-foot greased pole.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
The Panthers are not going to have a fire sale...

Tallon's plan for the team was always to be patient and wait for the kids to come up. My belief is that his intent is for the Panthers to be a VERY competitive team in 14-15. The majority of the questionable players will have no contract (or only 1 year left) at that point.

Blowing up the team would only make sense if Tallon's expectation was to use these players for a Cup run or if he can get a decent pick back (aka Weiss). There is NO WAY the Panthers will make a serious Cup run until the youth movement is in full effect. They just won't have the skill players available until then.

This is the part the sucks the most and that most poor GMs panic during. The Panthers have had 15 years of fire sales and attempts at quick fixes. It should be blatantly obvious that it doesn't work.

I do, however, see a move or two made to get the team to play harder. Whether that be trading Weiss or firing Dineen, we'll have to see.

Personally, I'd be interested to see what Lindy Ruff still thinks about Florida. He was part of our '96 run after all.
This FTW!!!!

I'm sorry but unfortunately this is just irrational talk from fans who are seeing a struggling team again after making the playoffs last yr. Yes there may be trades but it won't be a firesale like the OP suggests. The only guys I could see Tallon really moving would be Weiss, Kovalev and maybe Smithson (the only UFAs-to-be). Tallon values loyalty & character a lot more than some people realize and that can be a positive & negative trait in a GM. He's gonna stick with most of the guys he's signed long term, especially since they were only signed in the last 1.5 yrs.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
What do you guys want for Macfarland? Leafs would probably offer a similar prospect or a mid round pick

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

I'm sure Colton Orr would love to see Parros go to Boston. That would electrify that series.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
This FTW!!!!

I'm sorry but unfortunately this is just irrational talk from fans who are seeing a struggling team again after making the playoffs last yr. Yes there may be trades but it won't be a firesale like the OP suggests. The only guys I could see Tallon really moving would be Weiss, Kovalev and maybe Smithson (the only UFAs-to-be). Tallon values loyalty & character a lot more than some people realize and that can be a positive & negative trait in a GM. He's gonna stick with most of the guys he's signed long term, especially since they were only signed in the last 1.5 yrs.
I would think that the firesale would be of the veterans, not the prospects.

But if the plan is to compete in 2014-15, then some of the 2013 Entry Draft picks could be competitive parts of that equation. That means trading guys from the current roster that could net high picks this upcoming draft would be a good idea.

Tallon will have his own blueprint in mind for how he wants his team built. Some guys will make the grade, others will not.

I would expect the roster players that are former Blackhawks are the true untouchables, along with Tallon picks and maybe some of the top prospects, but definitely not all of them.

That being said, Tallon is a smart guy, so he's not exactly going to undersell any asset he has. He's also not one to wheel and deal a lot.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:09 AM
ShootIt

I think he'll undersell Only if to get rid of a contract. It won't be a firesell, but a minor retooling

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
The Panthers are not going to have a fire sale...

Tallon's plan for the team was always to be patient and wait for the kids to come up. My belief is that his intent is for the Panthers to be a VERY competitive team in 14-15. The majority of the questionable players will have no contract (or only 1 year left) at that point.

Blowing up the team would only make sense if Tallon's expectation was to use these players for a Cup run or if he can get a decent pick back (aka Weiss). There is NO WAY the Panthers will make a serious Cup run until the youth movement is in full effect. They just won't have the skill players available until then.

This is the part the sucks the most and that most poor GMs panic during. The Panthers have had 15 years of fire sales and attempts at quick fixes. It should be blatantly obvious that it doesn't work.

I do, however, see a move or two made to get the team to play harder. Whether that be trading Weiss or firing Dineen, we'll have to see.

Personally, I'd be interested to see what Lindy Ruff still thinks about Florida. He was part of our '96 run after all.
I don't see a fire sale happening either.

I mean, possibly some guys whom are to be UFAs or have only a year left after this one, but not the stop gags of Kopecky, Jovo etc.

Smithson, Kovalev, Santorelli (like anyone would want him lol), Strachan and sadly the gem of this group if he keep playing like crap, Weiss. Theodore has a NTC.. So that's about it.

But Versteeg, he can **** off for all I care. So frustrating to watch his endless poor mimicking of Kane, when he isn't Kane and nowhere near close even.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
I fully expect the joke to have been made ad nauseum in the first 7 pages of this topic, but another Toronto team getting like 75% of a Miami team's good players would be pretty funny.

Now if they can just figure out a way to get Lebron...

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post

But if the plan is to compete in 2014-15, then some of the 2013 Entry Draft picks could be competitive parts of that equation. That means trading guys from the current roster that could net high picks this upcoming draft would be a good idea.

Tallon will have his own blueprint in mind for how he wants his team built. Some guys will make the grade, others will not.

I would expect the roster players that are former Blackhawks are the true untouchables, along with Tallon picks and maybe some of the top prospects, but definitely not all of them.

That being said, Tallon is a smart guy, so he's not exactly going to undersell any asset he has. He's also not one to wheel and deal a lot.
Exactly right. It'll be the veterans on expiring deals or maybe a few depth players on the farm that aren't really helping the Rampage either.

Yes I think he has his blueprint already in mind and he's already stated many times that the guys he signed last yr are mostly going to bridge the gap until the youngsters have developed more and ready to start taking the lead.

Yeah the expectation is that most of the former Blackhawks are probably safe and not moving. Most of Tallon's picks are probably safe but I wouldnt ever say all of them are safe. Definitely the top prospects are safe so he won't be moving young guys like Shore, Huberdeau, Gudbranson, etc. The only guy that is young that could be moved would possibly be Kulikov and that would ONLY be in a deal similar to what Pittsburgh did with Goligoski for Neal + Niskanen. Unfortunately, guys like Neal arent easy to find these days so I doubt even Kulikov is moved.

So here's the list of guys that I think Tallon would be thinking about moving this season (probably in order):

Santorelli
Kovalev
Smithson
Weiss
one of Theodore or Clemmensen
Upshall (will probably wait until the offseason to do anything with him)
Bergenheim (due to injury dispute/grievance)

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM
sparxx87

What would it cost to send Peter Mueller to Pittsburgh?

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:29 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
What would it cost to send Peter Mueller to Pittsburgh?
Unknown at this point, he has been really good, but I don't think he holds that much value yet, he is just starting to get his career back on track, if he continues to progress at this rate, which would be about 50-60 points in a full season. 1st + prospect easily, probably more.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Anderson55

Fleischmann and Parros would look good in pitt

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I'd be real careful just throwing Kulikov into these discussions if I were Florida fans.
This. If he was on a better team his production would go way up IMO. And he is still only 22 years old.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Go Wings

Detroit will trade u Filppula for Weiss straight up.

Both players are UFA's at the end of the year and both are underperforming this season so far.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post

Both players are UFA's at the end of the year and both are underperforming this season so far.
Yes please.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
This. If he was on a better team his production would go way up IMO. And he is still only 22 years old.
I think that could be said about any player. If Huberdeau was on a line with Crosby,I'm sure his production would be better (and he's playing lights out)
I am not on board with trading Kulikov and I believe that he,as well as our other top prospects, will turn out just fine. We may be at the bottom now but I am very confident in this team as compared to previous years. I think all players need to go through some sort of slump and taste losing in order to mature into a great hockey player.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think it's too early to write off the season for Tallon, but if he does, I wonder if he'd do Future Considerations (Luongo and TBA pending season outcome)for Mattius and Gudbranson?
Remind me again why FLA would trade a 21 YO d-man who was drafted #3 overall for a 34 YO goalie if they're writing off the season?

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:10 PM
dannyj10

I wanted Shero to sign Mueller this past offseason. Would love to have him and Flash.

Kunitz/Crosby/Mueller,Flash
Flash,Mueller/Malkin/Neal

That would be a solid top 6. What would Florida be looking for?? Prospects/Pick/Roster player?

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:48 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Exactly right. It'll be the veterans on expiring deals or maybe a few depth players on the farm that aren't really helping the Rampage either.

Yes I think he has his blueprint already in mind and he's already stated many times that the guys he signed last yr are mostly going to bridge the gap until the youngsters have developed more and ready to start taking the lead.

Yeah the expectation is that most of the former Blackhawks are probably safe and not moving. Most of Tallon's picks are probably safe but I wouldnt ever say all of them are safe. Definitely the top prospects are safe so he won't be moving young guys like Shore, Huberdeau, Gudbranson, etc. The only guy that is young that could be moved would possibly be Kulikov and that would ONLY be in a deal similar to what Pittsburgh did with Goligoski for Neal + Niskanen. Unfortunately, guys like Neal arent easy to find these days so I doubt even Kulikov is moved.

So here's the list of guys that I think Tallon would be thinking about moving this season (probably in order):

Santorelli
Kovalev
Smithson
Weiss
one of Theodore or Clemmensen
Upshall (will probably wait until the offseason to do anything with him)
Bergenheim (due to injury dispute/grievance)
i agree with the sentiment you're trying to make - although i'd add kuba to that list if he could find someone to take him.

players like versteeg, fleishmann, goc, kopecky, etc. i could see traded only if the price was too good to pass up. ie: not part of a firesale, only in a situation where a team made an offer too good to pass up.

campbell is not going to be moved. he's "tallon's guy". every GM has guys they love and lean on and he's one of them.

mueller i don't see being considered at all either. he's 24, young and affordable enough to be added to the "core" we're growing. there's no reason to trade him.

kulikov is the same. i dont see him being moved, unless it's for another young player with monumental upside. and that doesn't mean some "good" prospect. it means a young roster player thought to have monumental upside. (for example: jordan eberle or taylor hall in edmonton. im by no means insinuating that's a fair deal, but the type of deal he'd consider dealing kulikov for.

i don't see us moving him for ROR. we have Shore and Bjugstad down the middle who are either producing now (Shore) or not too far away from turning pro (Jugs). if we trade Kulikov, our blueline suddenly looks terribly old with not much in the system in regards to a "puck moving defensman". Matheson looks good in BC, but is years away. Petrovic is good, but not the same type of player. Robak is a good prospect too, but not at this level.

So to summarize: players who are genuinely available for affordable prices:

Santorelli
Smithson
Kuba
Upshall
Kovalev (lol)
Theodore
Weiss
Clemmensen

Possibly available:
Skille
Matthias
Parros
Strachan
(i put them as "possibly" because i honestly have no idea what the org thinks about these players. they're obviously not core players though so probably could be had for a decent offer)

Probably not being moved unless you offer up a deal impossible to pass up:
Versteeg
Fleishmann
Goc
Kopecky
Weaver
Jovanovski (if it were up to me, i'd give him away for free, but the sense i get from the Org is they would keep him)

Guys not being moved under any circumstance:
Shore
Huberdeau
Kulikov
Gudbranson
Markstrom
Mueller
Campbell
any prospect in our future plans (Bjugstad, Matheson, etc etc.)

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Bob McKenzie said that Tallon will keep Kulikov and Mueller. Mueller is a RFA.

I think Weiss and Fleischmann are as good as gone. Maybe Versteeg too, but he is Tallon's boy.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
I expect that the Panthers will continue to tank and use the balance of the season to give NHL experience to young players and AHL call- ups. Tallon will be busy at the TDL trying to peddle overpriced vets like Kopecky for a bag of pucks, trying to move useful vets like Smithson for picks and probably trading Weiss for a late first. But, it will not be a fire sale, although Trader Tallon may consider moving Weaver if the price is right...
Kopecky is exactly the kind of player the Panthers want in their bottom six. Yes, he's overpriced, but he's one of the few who's given his all every game this season. He's also a good leader, and we wouldn't get much back for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Yikes!! That's just plain brutal for the Leafs.

I wouldn't even touch that with a 50-foot greased pole.
Yeah, I'd be all over that from Florida's perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
What do you guys want for Macfarland? Leafs would probably offer a similar prospect or a mid round pick
This isn't trade all 50 contracts in Florida's organization. I doubt he's traded right now.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post

I pretty much agree with this, also we should keep in mind that Florida isn't going to be competitive in 14-15 if the team is all prospects and youngins. Bob McKenzie said there will be some expensive contracts moved out soon if Florida didn't turn it around soon, and so far we haven't. It's possible Tallon wants to re-tool the team into a bigger, tougher team to play against. Weiss, Flash, Versteeg, and Kovalev might as well have just stayed home this season. Although Weiss might be injured/was injured. Upshall tries, but he's as useless as teets on a bull and he's injured half the time. If our top six players displayed the same work ethic as our bottom six players, it'd be a different season.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
Yes please.
No thanks. We want future assets, not another UFA.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Remind me again why FLA would trade a 21 YO d-man who was drafted #3 overall for a 34 YO goalie if they're writing off the season?
Because like, Luongo wants to go to Florida, so it's a done deal. Obviously bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
I wanted Shero to sign Mueller this past offseason. Would love to have him and Flash.

Kunitz/Crosby/Mueller,Flash
Flash,Mueller/Malkin/Neal

That would be a solid top 6. What would Florida be looking for?? Prospects/Pick/Roster player?
I doubt Mueller goes anywhere. Flash for your 1st though.