HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Xbox One / PS4 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
http://www.examiner.com/article/play...s-the-xbox-720

Great news for Sony if all this is true.
Now we all need 4K TVs. I'm okay with that. Time to start saving that dough.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Man if Sony has a good press conference MS could be in some serious trouble... not sure why they aren't responding to anything... if they think kinect will save their next system they are seriously blind.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Eytinge

If Microsoft requires "always online" and Kinect while PS4 lets you play offline and has no Kinect-like thing required, I will jump ship to Sony. Especially if they also allow used games.

Last edited by Eytinge: 02-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old
02-12-2013, 03:07 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
If Microsoft requires "always online" and Kinect while PS3 lets you play offline and has no Kinect-like thing required, I will jump ship to Sony. Especially if they also allow used games.
Especially if the price is around the same.

Sure if MS wants to eat $200 extra on each console then maybe I'll have a kinect... but if it's inferior hardware + THE AMAZING KINECT I think they're in deep trouble...

Old
02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Lost Horizons
Crying Waiting Hopin

Let ms go Kinect heavy. I wasn't looking at getting at 720 before and this just another reason not to get one.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:55 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

For the life of me i dont at all understand the appeal to this "motion sensor" tech. 10-15 years from now when this technology is (probably) going to be freaking awesome...sure. But i dont need all of this stuff now. I dont want to have to say "Xbox play Halo 5", i dont want some freaking Kinnect camera reading my facial expressions.

Just give me fun games to play that look really good. Thats all! I dont need apps, i dont need Kinnect, i dont need social networking on my console. Fun games that look good. That is all.

I'm not buying a xbox if i have to rely on some Kinnect that can possibly be riddled with problems. Stop trying to be so innovative all the time and just slowly improve on what gamers actually want and love.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
For the life of me i dont at all understand the appeal to this "motion sensor" tech. 10-15 years from now when this technology is (probably) going to be freaking awesome...sure. But i dont need all of this stuff now. I dont want to have to say "Xbox play Halo 5", i dont want some freaking Kinnect camera reading my facial expressions.

Just give me fun games to play that look really good. Thats all! I dont need apps, i dont need Kinnect, i dont need social networking on my console. Fun games that look good. That is all.

I'm not buying a xbox if i have to rely on some Kinnect that can possibly be riddled with problems. Stop trying to be so innovative all the time and just slowly improve on what gamers actually want and love.
You mean just churn out sequel after sequel? I'm sorry but only Nintendo is allowed to do that.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:20 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
You mean just churn out sequel after sequel? I'm sorry but only Nintendo is allowed to do that.
At the edge of both extremes, i'd rather have that than have nonsense reliability on Kinnect and voice activation. This stuff isn't cool enough to be worth it.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:04 PM
DatsyukianDeke
Dangle Dangle

Quote:
If Microsoft requires "always online" and Kinect while PS3 lets you play offline and has no Kinect-like thing required, I will jump ship to Sony. Especially if they also allow used games.
Bingo. I love Xbox 360, however if this is true I will definitely be going to Sony.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:23 PM
chasespace

I wish there was a console that focused on games first and being a media hub second. Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen again.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
Bingo. I love Xbox 360, however if this is true I will definitely be going to Sony.
PS4 comes with a camera (two in fact!) as well, but I expect it to be less crowbared in than Kinect. The examples they've used for it are aiming and detecting where your controllers are in a virtual space, although it could have Kinect type functionality if Sony really wanted to add it.

The reason I'm sicking with Sony is because they are the only one going "By gamers, for gamers" this gen. That and I trust Mark Cerney, he may be the most influential game designer ever not named Miyamoto, except he has done more for game production and also builds hardware far better. With him as the main architect behind the PS4, it's a must buy for me.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
PS4 comes with a camera (two in fact!) as well, but I expect it to be less crowbared in than Kinect. The examples they've used for it are aiming and detecting where your controllers are in a virtual space, although it could have Kinect type functionality if Sony really wanted to add it.

The reason I'm sicking with Sony is because they are the only one going "By gamers, for gamers" this gen. That and I trust Mark Cerney, he may be the most influential game designer ever not named Miyamoto, except he has done more for game production and also builds hardware far better. With him as the main architect behind the PS4, it's a must buy for me.
I went with Wii/360 combo last gen and regretted it. 360 lost so many exclusives and went Kinect crazy the last few years while PS3 had tons of games I wish I could have played (Uncharted, Heavy Rain, LBP, GoW). I hate the fact Kinect must always be on for the new xbox to work. I have no interest in motion games. I am 90% sure I'm jumping to Sony next gen...unless the price difference is too big between the two, which I doubt.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
I went with Wii/360 combo last gen and regretted it. 360 lost so many exclusives and went Kinect crazy the last few years while PS3 had tons of games I wish I could have played (Uncharted, Heavy Rain, LBP, GoW). I hate the fact Kinect must always be on for the new xbox to work. I have no interest in motion games. I am 90% sure I'm jumping to Sony next gen...unless the price difference is too big between the two, which I doubt.
The only way there would be a difference between the two is if Microsoft decides to use cell phone type pricing with their device. You can have the machine for $199 but then you are under contract for 2 years to pay for live, under a payment plan they control (so you cant shop for discounts)

I have 0 interest in that kind of payment scheme.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
I wish there was a console that focused on games first and being a media hub second. Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen again.
I think Microsoft are already making more money on non-gaming services on Xbox Live, so I don't see that going away.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Where has that been confirmed?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Where has that been confirmed?
It was part of the leaks from the guy who just got raided by the FBI. Definitely not a confirmation.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
It was part of the leaks from the guy who just got raided by the FBI. Definitely not a confirmation.
That's what I thought.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

things are definitely getting interesting now.

02-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
things are definitely getting interesting now.
That's for sure, would be hilarious to see Microsoft have stacked ram included.

Would also be great to see a list of which ps4 "features" are included at launch. Or if they are just empty promises like half of the stuff promised with the ps3/vita.

I'm hoping Microsoft will roll out a new IP and fix the DPad on the controller.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
That's for sure, would be hilarious to see Microsoft have stacked ram included.

Would also be great to see a list of which ps4 "features" are included at launch. Or if they are just empty promises like half of the stuff promised with the ps3/vita.

I'm hoping Microsoft will roll out a new IP and fix the DPad on the controller.
The specs were rumored to be 8 gbs of ram as well, but only DDR3 compared to Sony's 8 gigs of DDR5.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by President of Eidos
With the next Xbox, you supposedly have to have an internet connection, and the discs are watermarked, whereby once played on one console it won’t play on another. So I think the generation after that will be digital-only.
http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/ia...g-xbox/0111409

There's a bad moon rising...

Old
02-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Eytinge

Gross. Sony has already confirmed PS4 won't block used games. Microsoft would be dumb to go the other way.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:27 AM
villevalo

Quote:
Gross. Sony has already confirmed PS4 won't block used games. Microsoft would be dumb to go the other way.
Really? If so that's another tick for the PS4.

As to the whole Xbox 720 being a media hub, no used games, kinect etc. Its hard to believe Microsoft would be that stupid, I think info has been Chinese whispered here, I'd wager Kinect will be a part of it but a nessisary tool? I dont know.

Seems such a shame if it comes out to be true that Microsoft will be making something like the rumours would have us believe.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:41 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
Really? If so that's another tick for the PS4.

As to the whole Xbox 720 being a media hub, no used games, kinect etc. Its hard to believe Microsoft would be that stupid, I think info has been Chinese whispered here, I'd wager Kinect will be a part of it but a nessisary tool? I dont know.

Seems such a shame if it comes out to be true that Microsoft will be making something like the rumours would have us believe.
Of course kinect will be a necessary tool, Dance party sold more copies than any ps3 game.

Also I believe the ps4 is alway online as well and used games will be behind a pay wall.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:54 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Of course kinect will be a necessary tool, Dance party sold more copies than any ps3 game.

Also I believe the ps4 is alway online as well and used games will be behind a pay wall.
PS4 is not always online. As for online passes, Sony has already said its up to the developers if they want to include them or not, so yea, no pay wall from Sony's end.

Closed Thread