HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Troy Brouwer rips Semin and Boudreau

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 05:18 PM
  #26
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
Brouwer..

He needs to stop talking so much.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
  #27
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,091
vCash: 500
They couldn't keep Semin regardless. Too many scoring prospects in the pipeline.

Boudreau has beneffitted from some pretty high PDO's on his team and a nice entry run from Fasth. Not sustainable. And Getzlaf/Perry remain unsigned.

Brouwer, however, isn't worth his contract and the Caps haven't accomplished much since his arrival. But he's an ex-Hawk, and those guys always have stuff to say it seems.


TOML

TOML is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
  #28
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Semin is such a polarizing player in the league. These bottom-6 grinders sure seem to hate him, as if he's the only player in the league with inconsistent work ethic

He and especially Bruce seem to do pretty good after leaving that team, good for them.

Not saying you but I find it hilarious how many people suddenly love Bruce and Semin now that they're no longer part of the Capitals.

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:20 PM
  #29
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 500
Its funny people are but hugging Semin and saying Brouwer is overpaid, when Brouwer is a whole 2 points less, and makes less than half*as much.

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:21 PM
  #30
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Acula View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416829



Uh... you guys are second to last in the league. Meanwhile, Semin and Boudreau are first in their respective divisions.
Lol I agree, and Semin is just heating up!

malkinfan is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:22 PM
  #31
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,805
vCash: 500
Semin's a really misunderstood guy. Seems like he doesn't fit into the locker room all that well. But he's a very productive player and really makes the team better. I don't think being an introvert makes him a bad guy.

WarriorofTime is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:23 PM
  #32
loLZokAY
str8 gonger
 
loLZokAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
I doubt Semin can hear him all the way down there.

loLZokAY is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:26 PM
  #33
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Its funny people are but hugging Semin and saying Brouwer is overpaid, when Brouwer is a whole 2 points less, and makes less than half*as much.
And has accomplished nothing at the NHL level to indicate that this is anything more than a hot streak.

Finlandia WOAT is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:27 PM
  #34
jsykes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NoVa
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Its funny people are but hugging Semin and saying Brouwer is overpaid, when Brouwer is a whole 2 points less, and makes less than half*as much.
With twice as many goals as Semin.

Brouwer didnt say anything that everyone in the league already knows. As a matter of fact, I'd bet every person in here bashing him had been saying the same thing about Semin for the last several years.

As a Caps fan Semin was the most frustrating player on the planet. He'd dazzle with you on one night and show that he probably has the most raw talent of any player in the league, then on another night he was gliding and moving around like he didnt care.

Why do you think that no team other than Carolina was willing to give him a chance? With his talent he should have had every team in the league falling on themselves for a chance at him.

Brouwer should probably keep his mouth shut, I dont think those comments ever help anyone and I think if I had been Hammer or Neuvy I'd of kicked his butt for his comments about them. If he can have an opinion, so can they.

But that said, what he did say was not wrong and widely recognized, so calling him an untalented idiot is a bit of a stretch.

jsykes is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:28 PM
  #35
Homegrown Kings
that other 70s line
 
Homegrown Kings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PNW
Country: United States
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
yeah because the caps are doing so well without those two and Semin and Boudreau have no succes at all...

Too many overpaid grinders without skill on the caps, and Brouwer is one of them
Brouwer is not a grinder without skill.

Still pretty stupid remarks for him to come out and make. BB is a great coach, and Semin's doing well in Carolina. Capitals would probably better off if they still had them.

Homegrown Kings is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
  #36
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
8 goals, 12 points in 17 games = no skill. sign me up to your newsletter.
yeah, let's take a 17 game sample size where he is shooting 21% (career: 14%) over his entire career, where he is a 35-40 point winger over 82 games.

allright, without skill wasn't very well said. But he's in no way, shape or form a player you want in your top 6, and he's getting paid over 3,5m

Schalkenullvier* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
  #37
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 23,501
vCash: 966
I hope Semin gets in Brouwers face when they play.

The Kingslayer is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
  #38
Cardiac_Canes
Registered User
 
Cardiac_Canes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Why do you think that no team other than Carolina was willing to give him a chance? With his talent he should have had every team in the league falling on themselves for a chance at him.
You say this as if it's a fact. How could you possibly know how many offers he fielded?


Last edited by Offdapost*: 02-25-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Removed Flamish remark
Cardiac_Canes is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:33 PM
  #39
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
We asked Ovechkin about Semin before Brouwer spoke. Said he's having dinner with Sasha tonight
Wonder what Brouwer thinks about this.

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:34 PM
  #40
Beardy*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Every time I read someone ripping Semin, I always wait for it, and without fail, it comes... "As a Caps fan..."

The guy was wrongfully vilified by that organization, and its only getting worse. Whats even more hilarious is the need to continue piling on because the team Semin went to is sitting in 1st place in the division while the Caps, you know, the team Semin was supposedly holding down oh so much, is mired in last place in the conference. They just can't stand the fact they were wrong and that Semin was actually good.

But please... continue with the completely racist "he's just a lazy Russian" slams against him. Please, continue to rail on him without being able to back it up, even though we're halfway through the season and he's still consistently coming up big for the Canes, including a goal and 2 primary assists in last night's game. Don't worry, we're all still waiting for that "inevitable time he vanishes" that you claim he is so destined to go through. You know, because your savior, Alex Ovechkin, has not ever done anything like that before. Certainly not the first third of this current season....

Beardy* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:37 PM
  #41
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
Every time I read someone ripping Semin, I always wait for it, and without fail, it comes... "As a Caps fan..."

The guy was wrongfully vilified by that organization, and its only getting worse. Whats even more hilarious is the need to continue piling on because the team Semin went to is sitting in 1st place in the division while the Caps, you know, the team Semin was supposedly holding down oh so much, is mired in last place in the conference. They just can't stand the fact they were wrong and that Semin was actually good.

But please... continue with the completely racist "he's just a lazy Russian" slams against him. Please, continue to rail on him without being able to back it up, even though we're halfway through the season and he's still consistently coming up big for the Canes, including a goal and 2 primary assists in last night's game. Don't worry, we're all still waiting for that "inevitable time he vanishes" that you claim he is so destined to go through. You know, because your savior, Alex Ovechkin, has not ever done anything like that before. Certainly not the first third of this current season....
How is calling Semin a 'lazy Russian' racist? He does get pretty lazy at times and last time I checked, he is Russian so....

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
  #42
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
Every time I read someone ripping Semin, I always wait for it, and without fail, it comes... "As a Caps fan..."

The guy was wrongfully vilified by that organization, and its only getting worse. Whats even more hilarious is the need to continue piling on because the team Semin went to is sitting in 1st place in the division while the Caps, you know, the team Semin was supposedly holding down oh so much, is mired in last place in the conference. They just can't stand the fact they were wrong and that Semin was actually good.

But please... continue with the completely racist "he's just a lazy Russian" slams against him. Please, continue to rail on him without being able to back it up, even though we're halfway through the season and he's still consistently coming up big for the Canes, including a goal and 2 primary assists in last night's game. Don't worry, we're all still waiting for that "inevitable time he vanishes" that you claim he is so destined to go through. You know, because your savior, Alex Ovechkin, has not ever done anything like that before. Certainly not the first third of this current season....
AO always showed up in the playoffs while Semin vanished.

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:41 PM
  #43
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Totally lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 744
I've always thought Boudreau was a terrible coach and Semin was lazy OR unhappy in Washington but that's irrelevant now. Brouwer is sitting on a sinking ship and blaming the guys who already left - he's not necessarily wrong or implying anything about them now, but he comes off looking like an idiot with no awareness of his present situation. His team has only gotten worse and eventually he may need to find employment again; He's not a highly prized free agent to begin with, he can't be burning bridges.

vBurmi is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:44 PM
  #44
Beardy*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
How is calling Semin a 'lazy Russian' racist? He does get pretty lazy at times and last time I checked, he is Russian so....
Its the whole "lazy Russian" thing. Absolutely no different than saying "lazy Mexican" or "lazy African" when referring to someone's background. Neither of the other 2 would ever be accepted in normal conversation, yet "lazy Russian" has become a legitimate description of someone when it comes to hockey, especially from the Canadian media.

Its rather disgusting, to be honest.

Beardy* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:46 PM
  #45
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,511
vCash: 500
I guess hating on Semin is just the thing to do these days.

Man Bear Pig is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:46 PM
  #46
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 500
Throwing Rocks from Glass houses and all...

Someone clearly didnt tell him to ****.

TylerSVT* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:46 PM
  #47
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Knock off the immature humor it's degrading and will quickly earn you an infraction this is your only warning

Offdapost* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:47 PM
  #48
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
How is calling Semin a 'lazy Russian' racist? He does get pretty lazy at times and last time I checked, he is Russian so....


So the point of the statement is to call him lazy, right?

Why not say "Semin is lazy"? Why say "Semin is a lazy Russian"? The word "Russian" adds nothing to the sentence, as per what you're saying, so why is it there?

Oh wait, it's there because it WAS intended to add something...

As for Brouwer - he should shut the **** up. It's really hard not to laugh at "we're doing well without him" when they are in last.

DG is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
  #49
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kiel
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,641
vCash: 500
He probably isn't even wrong, but he did open himself up to ridicule pretty thoroughly with that "doing well" bit.

TorstenFrings is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
  #50
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
Its the whole "lazy Russian" thing. Absolutely no different than saying "lazy Mexican" or "lazy African" when referring to someone's background. Neither of the other 2 would ever be accepted in normal conversation, yet "lazy Russian" has become a legitimate description of someone when it comes to hockey, especially from the Canadian media.

Its rather disgusting, to be honest.
What's really disgusting is how sensitive some are nowadays. You can't tell the difference between calling a hockey player lazy and calling an entire group lazy? This is hockey, not a political discussion.

Man Bear Pig is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.