HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Troy Brouwer rips Semin and Boudreau

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 05:18 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Brouwer..

He needs to stop talking so much.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
TOML

They couldn't keep Semin regardless. Too many scoring prospects in the pipeline.

Boudreau has beneffitted from some pretty high PDO's on his team and a nice entry run from Fasth. Not sustainable. And Getzlaf/Perry remain unsigned.

Brouwer, however, isn't worth his contract and the Caps haven't accomplished much since his arrival. But he's an ex-Hawk, and those guys always have stuff to say it seems.

TOML

Old
02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Semin is such a polarizing player in the league. These bottom-6 grinders sure seem to hate him, as if he's the only player in the league with inconsistent work ethic

He and especially Bruce seem to do pretty good after leaving that team, good for them.

Not saying you but I find it hilarious how many people suddenly love Bruce and Semin now that they're no longer part of the Capitals.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:20 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Its funny people are but hugging Semin and saying Brouwer is overpaid, when Brouwer is a whole 2 points less, and makes less than half*as much.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:21 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Acula View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416829

Uh... you guys are second to last in the league. Meanwhile, Semin and Boudreau are first in their respective divisions.
Lol I agree, and Semin is just heating up!

Old
02-25-2013, 05:22 PM
WarriorofTime

Semin's a really misunderstood guy. Seems like he doesn't fit into the locker room all that well. But he's a very productive player and really makes the team better. I don't think being an introvert makes him a bad guy.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:23 PM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

I doubt Semin can hear him all the way down there.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Its funny people are but hugging Semin and saying Brouwer is overpaid, when Brouwer is a whole 2 points less, and makes less than half*as much.
And has accomplished nothing at the NHL level to indicate that this is anything more than a hot streak.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:27 PM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
With twice as many goals as Semin.

Brouwer didnt say anything that everyone in the league already knows. As a matter of fact, I'd bet every person in here bashing him had been saying the same thing about Semin for the last several years.

As a Caps fan Semin was the most frustrating player on the planet. He'd dazzle with you on one night and show that he probably has the most raw talent of any player in the league, then on another night he was gliding and moving around like he didnt care.

Why do you think that no team other than Carolina was willing to give him a chance? With his talent he should have had every team in the league falling on themselves for a chance at him.

Brouwer should probably keep his mouth shut, I dont think those comments ever help anyone and I think if I had been Hammer or Neuvy I'd of kicked his butt for his comments about them. If he can have an opinion, so can they.

But that said, what he did say was not wrong and widely recognized, so calling him an untalented idiot is a bit of a stretch.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Homegrown Kings
that other 70s line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
yeah because the caps are doing so well without those two and Semin and Boudreau have no succes at all...

Too many overpaid grinders without skill on the caps, and Brouwer is one of them
Brouwer is not a grinder without skill.

Still pretty stupid remarks for him to come out and make. BB is a great coach, and Semin's doing well in Carolina. Capitals would probably better off if they still had them.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
8 goals, 12 points in 17 games = no skill. sign me up to your newsletter.
yeah, let's take a 17 game sample size where he is shooting 21% (career: 14%) over his entire career, where he is a 35-40 point winger over 82 games.

allright, without skill wasn't very well said. But he's in no way, shape or form a player you want in your top 6, and he's getting paid over 3,5m

Old
02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
I hope Semin gets in Brouwers face when they play.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Why do you think that no team other than Carolina was willing to give him a chance? With his talent he should have had every team in the league falling on themselves for a chance at him.
You say this as if it's a fact. How could you possibly know how many offers he fielded?

Last edited by Offdapost*: 02-25-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Removed Flamish remark
Old
02-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
We asked Ovechkin about Semin before Brouwer spoke. Said he's having dinner with Sasha tonight
Wonder what Brouwer thinks about this.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Beardy*

Every time I read someone ripping Semin, I always wait for it, and without fail, it comes... "As a Caps fan..."

The guy was wrongfully vilified by that organization, and its only getting worse. Whats even more hilarious is the need to continue piling on because the team Semin went to is sitting in 1st place in the division while the Caps, you know, the team Semin was supposedly holding down oh so much, is mired in last place in the conference. They just can't stand the fact they were wrong and that Semin was actually good.

But please... continue with the completely racist "he's just a lazy Russian" slams against him. Please, continue to rail on him without being able to back it up, even though we're halfway through the season and he's still consistently coming up big for the Canes, including a goal and 2 primary assists in last night's game. Don't worry, we're all still waiting for that "inevitable time he vanishes" that you claim he is so destined to go through. You know, because your savior, Alex Ovechkin, has not ever done anything like that before. Certainly not the first third of this current season....

Old
02-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
Every time I read someone ripping Semin, I always wait for it, and without fail, it comes... "As a Caps fan..."

The guy was wrongfully vilified by that organization, and its only getting worse. Whats even more hilarious is the need to continue piling on because the team Semin went to is sitting in 1st place in the division while the Caps, you know, the team Semin was supposedly holding down oh so much, is mired in last place in the conference. They just can't stand the fact they were wrong and that Semin was actually good.

But please... continue with the completely racist "he's just a lazy Russian" slams against him. Please, continue to rail on him without being able to back it up, even though we're halfway through the season and he's still consistently coming up big for the Canes, including a goal and 2 primary assists in last night's game. Don't worry, we're all still waiting for that "inevitable time he vanishes" that you claim he is so destined to go through. You know, because your savior, Alex Ovechkin, has not ever done anything like that before. Certainly not the first third of this current season....
How is calling Semin a 'lazy Russian' racist? He does get pretty lazy at times and last time I checked, he is Russian so....

Old
02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:

AO always showed up in the playoffs while Semin vanished.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:41 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 744
I've always thought Boudreau was a terrible coach and Semin was lazy OR unhappy in Washington but that's irrelevant now. Brouwer is sitting on a sinking ship and blaming the guys who already left - he's not necessarily wrong or implying anything about them now, but he comes off looking like an idiot with no awareness of his present situation. His team has only gotten worse and eventually he may need to find employment again; He's not a highly prized free agent to begin with, he can't be burning bridges.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Beardy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
How is calling Semin a 'lazy Russian' racist? He does get pretty lazy at times and last time I checked, he is Russian so....
Its the whole "lazy Russian" thing. Absolutely no different than saying "lazy Mexican" or "lazy African" when referring to someone's background. Neither of the other 2 would ever be accepted in normal conversation, yet "lazy Russian" has become a legitimate description of someone when it comes to hockey, especially from the Canadian media.

Its rather disgusting, to be honest.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Man Bear Pig

I guess hating on Semin is just the thing to do these days.

Old
TylerSVT*

Throwing Rocks from Glass houses and all...

Someone clearly didnt tell him to ****.

Old
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

Knock off the immature humor it's degrading and will quickly earn you an infraction this is your only warning

Old
02-25-2013, 05:47 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post

So the point of the statement is to call him lazy, right?

Why not say "Semin is lazy"? Why say "Semin is a lazy Russian"? The word "Russian" adds nothing to the sentence, as per what you're saying, so why is it there?

Oh wait, it's there because it WAS intended to add something...

As for Brouwer - he should shut the **** up. It's really hard not to laugh at "we're doing well without him" when they are in last.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

He probably isn't even wrong, but he did open himself up to ridicule pretty thoroughly with that "doing well" bit.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Its the whole "lazy Russian" thing. Absolutely no different than saying "lazy Mexican" or "lazy African" when referring to someone's background. Neither of the other 2 would ever be accepted in normal conversation, yet "lazy Russian" has become a legitimate description of someone when it comes to hockey, especially from the Canadian media.

Its rather disgusting, to be honest.
What's really disgusting is how sensitive some are nowadays. You can't tell the difference between calling a hockey player lazy and calling an entire group lazy? This is hockey, not a political discussion.

Closed Thread