HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds top ten in attendance.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 10:57 AM
  #1
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,044
vCash: 500
Preds top ten in attendance.

No, this is not a joke headline.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Preds are #10 in percentage. Preds need more standing room only games. I would love to see the percentage go up to 101%

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:36 PM
  #2
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Wonder how Winnipeg fell to 99.9? I thought they were sold out for 3 years or something like that.

Honestly, the league overall looks pretty dang good. All 30 teams at least 75% full coming off of the second lockout in 8 years. 26/30 over 90%. Record TV ratings as well and a new CBA that spreads more wealth and limits more spending... we could be looking at a very good period in overall league health over the life of this CBA.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
  #3
Apple Juice
Registered User
 
Apple Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Buffalo and Florida selling out? You've got to be kidding... Unless they gave sick deals or their tickets are super super cheap, there's no way Florida sells out..

Apple Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:13 PM
  #4
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
We may be reporting sell outs but there are still quite a few empty seats at the Bridge particularly the high dollar Lexus seats near the glass and the second level are not full most nights. Remember 1/2 to 2/3 rds of Buffalo's ticket base is from across the border. They are filling the arena.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:48 PM
  #5
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
Buffalo and Florida selling out? You've got to be kidding... Unless they gave sick deals or their tickets are super super cheap, there's no way Florida sells out..
Buffalo sells out their games, but there is some info on the ESPN site that is wrong/not updated- Florida's capacity is not correct, and they have not sold out all their games......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:51 PM
  #6
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Wonder how Winnipeg fell to 99.9? I thought they were sold out for 3 years or something like that.

Honestly, the league overall looks pretty dang good. All 30 teams at least 75% full coming off of the second lockout in 8 years. 26/30 over 90%. Record TV ratings as well and a new CBA that spreads more wealth and limits more spending... we could be looking at a very good period in overall league health over the life of this CBA.
One guy decided not to show up for a game?

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:52 PM
  #7
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
We may be reporting sell outs but there are still quite a few empty seats at the Bridge particularly the high dollar Lexus seats near the glass and the second level are not full most nights. Remember 1/2 to 2/3 rds of Buffalo's ticket base is from across the border. They are filling the arena.
I knew as soon as I saw this topic that it wouldn't take long for the "but they are not really sellouts/I saw some empty seats/they are fudging the numbers/they are giving tickets away to ensure sellouts", etc, etc, etc crowd to show up.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:11 PM
  #8
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Well I am a STH and have seen the empty seats in the arena. If they are sold and just not occupied that's fine. But there is no way to know for sure is there?

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:12 AM
  #9
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Well I am a STH and have seen the empty seats in the arena. If they are sold and just not occupied that's fine. But there is no way to know for sure is there?
No there is not and it doesn't even matter in the first place.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:35 AM
  #10
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Well I am a STH and have seen the empty seats in the arena. If they are sold and just not occupied that's fine. But there is no way to know for sure is there?
I know my season ticket seat is empty fairly often, but paid for. I enjoy knowing that I have a ticket to as many games as I can make it to, but a four-hour round trip plus getting to work early in the morning makes it difficult to make many weeknight games. It's worth having the full season ticket because of the games I CAN make it to, plus the cheaper additional tickets when I have friends coming and to playoff games, etc. But I can't make it to every game, and I assume plenty of other season ticket holders have the same sort of issues.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:47 AM
  #11
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I know my season ticket seat is empty fairly often, but paid for. I enjoy knowing that I have a ticket to as many games as I can make it to, but a four-hour round trip plus getting to work early in the morning makes it difficult to make many weeknight games. It's worth having the full season ticket because of the games I CAN make it to, plus the cheaper additional tickets when I have friends coming and to playoff games, etc. But I can't make it to every game, and I assume plenty of other season ticket holders have the same sort of issues.
Yep, 2 years ago I had full season tickets knowing I could only make it to 10 games or less. It was about my support for the team.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:22 AM
  #12
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
We may be reporting sell outs but there are still quite a few empty seats at the Bridge particularly the high dollar Lexus seats near the glass and the second level are not full most nights. Remember 1/2 to 2/3 rds of Buffalo's ticket base is from across the border. They are filling the arena.
Some of those Lexus seats belong to suite owners. The suite owners pay for those Lexus seats in addition to their regular suite fees. They are paid for, but given the choice of the suite or moving down to those seats, most guests choose to stay in the suite. One company I do business with has had a suite and four extra tickets down low since season one, but I doubt if people have actually sat in those Lexus seats more than 25% of the time. It may seem like a waste of money to you and me, but that's the way it is.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
  #13
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I know my season ticket seat is empty fairly often, but paid for. I enjoy knowing that I have a ticket to as many games as I can make it to, but a four-hour round trip plus getting to work early in the morning makes it difficult to make many weeknight games. It's worth having the full season ticket because of the games I CAN make it to, plus the cheaper additional tickets when I have friends coming and to playoff games, etc. But I can't make it to every game, and I assume plenty of other season ticket holders have the same sort of issues.
Major kudos to you for being a season ticket holder while being in Decatur- I'm in Birmingham and wish I could do it but its a 7 hour round trip for us. But we do make as many games as possible..

Also glad you explained first hand just one of the reasons there empty seats even during official sellouts-

These people on here whining about our sellouts drive me crazy- as I have pointed out numerous times, empty seats at arenas that are sold out happen at all arenas and is not unique to the Predators- all the teams can do is sell the tickets;

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
  #14
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Major kudos to you for being a season ticket holder while being in Decatur- I'm in Birmingham and wish I could do it but its a 7 hour round trip for us. But we do make as many games as possible..

Also glad you explained first hand just one of the reasons there empty seats even during official sellouts-

These people on here whining about our sellouts drive me crazy- as I have pointed out numerous times, empty seats at arenas that are sold out happen at all arenas and is not unique to the Predators- all the teams can do is sell the tickets;
Typically those people are either Canadian or from a northern U.S. hockey city. Does Nashville offer discounted tickets? If so you've probably been criticized for that too oh not mention you're already not paying "NHL" prices. It is amazing how much some people need to stroke their ego and put others down.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:13 PM
  #15
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,594
vCash: 500
It really doesn't matter if the numbers are fudged or not. It's about sending a message more than anything.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:22 AM
  #16
Fo Shea Shea
Registered User
 
Fo Shea Shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Sellouts don't mean 100% of the tickets are sold. Many times there are a few hundred not sold that are "bought" by the team and given as comps (contests, radio station give away, corporate partners, military donations, etc...) to make a sell out. There can be up to 6-8% of the tickets being comped and it can still be considered a sellout. Sometimes those comp tickets just go unused.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
  #17
dubgeek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I know my season ticket seat is empty fairly often, but paid for. I enjoy knowing that I have a ticket to as many games as I can make it to, but a four-hour round trip plus getting to work early in the morning makes it difficult to make many weeknight games. It's worth having the full season ticket because of the games I CAN make it to, plus the cheaper additional tickets when I have friends coming and to playoff games, etc. But I can't make it to every game, and I assume plenty of other season ticket holders have the same sort of issues.
I've never met you, and this is crazy,
but here's my email, send a ticket maybe?



In all seriousness, props and many thanks for ponying up though you know you can't make all the games. Season tickets are the first order of business for us once our daughters are out of pre-school - that isht is expensive!

This sellout streak is amazing. Who woulda thunk it just a few season ago?

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:41 AM
  #18
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Buffalo sells out their games, but there is some info on the ESPN site that is wrong/not updated- Florida's capacity is not correct, and they have not sold out all their games......
Florida changed their capacity to 17,040 a couple years ago so that seems to be accurate. I watch Panther games, and no they clearly aren't full, but the capacity doesn't seem to be off.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
  #19
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Florida changed their capacity to 17,040 a couple years ago so that seems to be accurate. I watch Panther games, and no they clearly aren't full, but the capacity doesn't seem to be off.
Well, just scanning their box scores they've had crowds ranging from 15,000 to almost 20,000 so who knows- but they definitely haven't sold out every game

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:18 PM
  #20
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
It really doesn't matter if the numbers are fudged or not. It's about sending a message more than anything.
This.

Surprised at how many Preds fans are trying to downplay the attendance numbers. We should be doing cartwheels down Broadway, instead we're coming up with excuse after excuse as to why they're not really "sold out" and why the reported attendance is misleading. Maybe these fans didn't go through the sale or the push for 14k?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
  #21
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
This.

Surprised at how many Preds fans are trying to downplay the attendance numbers. We should be doing cartwheels down Broadway, instead we're coming up with excuse after excuse as to why they're not really "sold out" and why the reported attendance is misleading. Maybe these fans didn't go through the sale or the push for 14k?
No ****. We should be worshiping Sean Henry like an idol.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:30 PM
  #22
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Well, just scanning their box scores they've had crowds ranging from 15,000 to almost 20,000 so who knows- but they definitely haven't sold out every game
Hmm. The reduced capacity is because they close off certain sections usually, but for big games (AKA teams from snowbird transplant cities like Toronto, Montreal, Boston, NY, etc) they open them back up, leaving their capacity at over 19,000 again. Those games usually sell out and maybe the mix of regular games plus the extra capacity ones leave their "average" at over 17,000 which is "technically" averaging a sellout when their reduced capacity is their official one. If that makes any sense.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
  #23
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea View Post
Sellouts don't mean 100% of the tickets are sold. Many times there are a few hundred not sold that are "bought" by the team and given as comps (contests, radio station give away, corporate partners, military donations, etc...) to make a sell out. There can be up to 6-8% of the tickets being comped and it can still be considered a sellout. Sometimes those comp tickets just go unused.
My understanding is that A lot of Comps are tickets left over for players both home and visiting that are given away if not used. I don't think those can be sold for profit.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:00 PM
  #24
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
This.

Surprised at how many Preds fans are trying to downplay the attendance numbers. We should be doing cartwheels down Broadway, instead we're coming up with excuse after excuse as to why they're not really "sold out" and why the reported attendance is misleading. Maybe these fans didn't go through the sale or the push for 14k?
THANK YOU- I've been ranting about this for weeks- no reason for any negativity whatsoever regarding attendance

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:52 AM
  #25
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Hmm. The reduced capacity is because they close off certain sections usually, but for big games (AKA teams from snowbird transplant cities like Toronto, Montreal, Boston, NY, etc) they open them back up, leaving their capacity at over 19,000 again. Those games usually sell out and maybe the mix of regular games plus the extra capacity ones leave their "average" at over 17,000 which is "technically" averaging a sellout when their reduced capacity is their official one. If that makes any sense.
I was in attendance at the Preds at Panthers game last season and thier arena is way bigger than ours. There were some sections that had huge banners covering all the seats but still, much larger than ours. If they had enough demand, those seats would be available for purchase.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.