HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2012-13 Season

Old
02-12-2013, 06:16 PM
hb11xchamps

vCash: 500
For those wondering, Danick Paquette was recalled and played both games this weekend for the Bears. I personally liked him but unfortunately he injured himself again in Sundays game and is week to week. Video below shows his marathon fight. He is a real agitator and fun to watch.

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:20 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Anyone know how Schilling has looked at Hershey
I personally have thought that Schilling has been looking better of late. Doesn't help that he is paired with the Bears worst defensemen in a long time in Garret Stafford. Schilling only had one bad turnover in the Norfolk game this weekend that led to a goal but that was his only big mistake. Seemed to have a solid weekend and even scored on Saturday night (Second goal of the above video right before the fight)

Old
02-24-2013, 03:23 AM
Maverick41

Grubauer had his first AHL shutout, making 40 saves against the Adirondack Phantoms.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Grubauer had his first AHL shutout, making 40 saves against the Adirondack Phantoms.
Unfortunately, his follow-up was a 6-goal game vs Albany (though admittedly, a couple of those were gift wrapped).

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:51 PM
MoJoSauce

Was Kostenko traded? I thought he was playing for Reading but now he is playing for Ontario?

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSauce View Post
Was Kostenko traded? I thought he was playing for Reading but now he is playing for Ontario?
Loaned, yeah. Doesn't affect the Caps or his NHL rights or anything like that though.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 05:38 PM
MoJoSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Loaned, yeah. Doesn't affect the Caps or his NHL rights or anything like that though.
Okay thought that was the likely case, wasn't sure if they could do that or not in the ECHL

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:14 PM
royals119

Technically he was recalled by Washington and reassigned to Ontario. Both of Ontario's contracted goalies were recalled, and apparently the Caps brass thought he would get more games in Ontario. He could be recalled and reassigned back to the Royals again if the situation changes.

Of course, the day after this happened Holtby got hurt, then Neuwirth got sick, and Toronto signed Drew MacIntyre to a contract for the rest of the season. That left the Royals scrambling, and they ended up picking a guy from the SPHL, and backed him up with a mens league guy. They even signed former Bear Freddie Cassivi for a game, who has been retired for 2 or 3 years. Hoping we get either Anderson or Kostenko back before next week.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals119 View Post
Hoping we get either Anderson or Kostenko back before next week.
Grubauer & Sabourin were the goalies in WBS last night, so you should get your wish.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:09 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblick View Post
Grubauer & Sabourin were the goalies in WBS last night, so you should get your wish.
Same for Saturday and Sunday.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Langway
Intangibles

@ScottStuccio: Orlov for delay of game at 31 seconds. Ouch.

He's ready.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:15 PM
hb11xchamps

Bears go 0-3 over the weekend. Orlov looks out of place right now and needs a few games to work out the kinks before he gets recalled. Also needs to work on conditioning too. Schilling continues to impress as well as Casey Wellman.

On another note I keep hearing rumblings on Washington switching affiliations next year to Norfolk and the Bears getting the Ducks. I see both sides of the picture to this. Hershey might be unhappy that Washington hasn't provided prospects the past few years but I couldn't see them separating because of the amount of Caps that Hershey has groomed and developed over the years.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:13 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals119 View Post
Technically he was recalled by Washington and reassigned to Ontario. Both of Ontario's contracted goalies were recalled, and apparently the Caps brass thought he would get more games in Ontario. He could be recalled and reassigned back to the Royals again if the situation changes.

Of course, the day after this happened Holtby got hurt, then Neuwirth got sick, and Toronto signed Drew MacIntyre to a contract for the rest of the season. That left the Royals scrambling, and they ended up picking a guy from the SPHL, and backed him up with a mens league guy. They even signed former Bear Freddie Cassivi for a game, who has been retired for 2 or 3 years. Hoping we get either Anderson or Kostenko back before next week.

How do ya'll guys like Riley Gill so far,He has played for us down here in louisiana for most of the season and put up some good stats In the Sphl

38 Games Played
2293:39 Mins
25 Wins
10 Loses
3 OTL
5 SO
93 GA
2.43 GAA
1043 SV
.918 SV%

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
royals119

He's been solid so far. I expect he will get the majority of the starts for the rest of the season, and the playoffs, unless Hershey and/or Washington are knocked out of the playoffs and decide to send Grubauer back to Reading. Neither Anderson or Kostenko have been consistent enough to earn Courville's confidence.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Bears go 0-3 over the weekend. Orlov looks out of place right now and needs a few games to work out the kinks before he gets recalled. Also needs to work on conditioning too. Schilling continues to impress as well as Casey Wellman.

On another note I keep hearing rumblings on Washington switching affiliations next year to Norfolk and the Bears getting the Ducks. I see both sides of the picture to this. Hershey might be unhappy that Washington hasn't provided prospects the past few years but I couldn't see them separating because of the amount of Caps that Hershey has groomed and developed over the years.
Seems like a perfect situ with Capitals/Hershey affliation just based on proximity. Definitely the prospect pipeline has thinned out. Might be better next year. Wey on the D side..potentially Wilson. I guess Forsberg is a slight possibility.

03-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Caps Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Seems like a perfect situ with Capitals/Hershey affliation just based on proximity. Definitely the prospect pipeline has thinned out. Might be better next year. Wey on the D side..potentially Wilson. I guess Forsberg is a slight possibility.
I am curious to how this group thinks Wey will fit in at Hershey. Defensive defenseman, with fairly strong first pass out of the zone, willing to use his body. Not much visibility because of poor tv coverage in college hockey. He has had a lot of work(TOI) for 4 years on a very successful college hockey program. He seems to have had his fair share of ice skate bizarre cuts and freak injuries during his time in college as well.

Caps Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Rumblick

I heard the Anaheim stuff last season, too - didn't buy it then and I'm not now. I think Yingst & McPhee have a solid relationship, the proxiomity of the teams (and Reading, as well) works for everyone, the Caps pipeline will replenish, and I can't see a valid reason to go with Anaheim (or anyone else, for that matter).

Personally, I think those reports are just Boudreau love coming from some Bears fans.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Lurch

vCash: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
The proximity is indeed very nice considering Reading is also very close, but the Caps have not been a good partner with their minor league teams beyond the lack of prospects. The co-coaching debacle this year was not recieved well on the Hershey side of the equation and the just-in-case callups of our players during playoffs last year only to watch them sit the bench was a bit disheartening. I don't think Hunter, Oates, or GMGM could possibly care less about the Bears. When BB was coaching the Caps. we would often see him in the Hershey suite watching games with our GM. He really seemed to care about the organization. GMGM left our cupboards bare this off season so Yingst signs a few free agents on his own to round out our team. Caps are now starting to pick them off our roster too (although I am thrilled that Oleksy is getting a shot).

We understand the AHLs job is to feed the Nhl, but a little support from up top would be nice from time to time. I for one am hoping for an affiliation change.

Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
CrashTheNet9

Every NHL team calls up extra players for the playoffs for depth. I understand all of your other points besides that one.

CrashTheNet9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I bought the Norfolk affiliation talk a lot more last season than this one. It made way more sense when the Caps' ECHL affiliate was South Carolina. I just don't see the Caps switching their ECHL affiliation to Reading if they were planning on parting ways with Hershey just a year later.

Also, the Bears have won three Calder Cups as the Capitals affiliate since 2005. Hardly a bad partnership on Hershey's end.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:49 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I bought the Norfolk affiliation talk a lot more last season than this one. It made way more sense when the Caps' ECHL affiliate was South Carolina. I just don't see the Caps switching their ECHL affiliation to Reading if they were planning on parting ways with Hershey just a year later.

Also, the Bears have won three Calder Cups as the Capitals affiliate since 2005. Hardly a bad partnership on Hershey's end.
Yep. I get the Lulz when Hershey fans complain about the affiliation.

Prospect depth is cyclical. It'll ramp back up over the next few years and Hershey will be fine.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Lurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Yep. I get the Lulz when Hershey fans complain about the affiliation.

Prospect depth is cyclical. It'll ramp back up over the next few years and Hershey will be fine.
What can I say, we have a great GM and a lousy affiliate. I attribute our Calder Cup success to local management in spite of the Caps best efforts to ignore us. We also won 8 cups without the Caps. Really, what has Washington done for Hershey. They have the best AHL affiliate by a long shot and treat us like a stepchild.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
What can I say, we have a great GM and a lousy affiliate. I attribute our Calder Cup success to local management in spite of the Caps best efforts to ignore us.
Really? What moves did Hershey make in spite of the Capitals that led to those wins?

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Lurch

Lets see. Sign vets/FAs and other players to one way Hershey only deals when the Caps won't send us prospects or pay for us to have decent players is one big way we win in spite of the Caps (Bourque for the last cup runs and guys like Oleksy this year).

Old
03-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Lets see. Sign vets/FAs and other players to one way Hershey only deals when the Caps won't send us prospects or pay for us to have decent players is one big way we win in spite of the Caps (Bourque for the last cup runs and guys like Oleksy this year).
Specific moves. I'm obviously aware of the mechanism by which moves can me made. Which players who were instrumental in those Calder Cup wins were there in spite of the Capitals' efforts to ignore the team? Whom did Yingst sign that put the team over the top and was a bigger contributor than guys the Capitals signed and put there?

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote