HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you want in free agency?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM
  #76
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 500
Corry Perry
David Clarkson/Ryane Clowe
Patrick Bordeleau.
Somebody who'll take Bouillon's spot, if Bouillon leaves.

However, for this to happen, two of Kaberle and Gionta/Cole will have to be gone.

I think DD and White are back. Armstrong and Nokelainen are gone.

MXD is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:38 PM
  #77
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
I would not want Clowe for more than 3 years at $5. I agree he is not getting younger.

He addresses a glaring need and solves that problem immediately. A three year contract gives Bergevin time with regard to other moves and or development of players.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
  #78
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
I'm curious, when did Bordeleau become such a hot commodity? If you want a one dimension goon fair enough, as I said if we must, age and the Quebecois thing make him a logical fit, but what exactly makes him that much more important than say Mashinter or Rosehill? If anything Mashinter at least is a good AHL player.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:04 PM
  #79
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,947
vCash: 500
Personally, I like our centers. I like having Plek, DD, Galchenyuk and Eller. Feels like we could have injuries and be fine no matter what. And we can always switch a center to wing and it's not a big deal. Depending on how much DD wants, I'd keep the situation the same next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm curious, when did Bordeleau become such a hot commodity? If you want a one dimension goon fair enough, as I said if we must, age and the Quebecois thing make him a logical fit, but what exactly makes him that much more important than say Mashinter or Rosehill? If anything Mashinter at least is a good AHL player.
I don't know if I've ever seen him play, but the word is that Bordeleau can take a shift on a 4th line and look like a regular 4th liner and not hurt you, that he has decent speed.

I'd like to get him so Prust doesn't have to fight heavyweights.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:06 PM
  #80
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I don't know if I've ever seen him play, but the word is that Bordeleau can take a shift on a 4th line and look like a regular 4th liner and not hurt you, that he has decent speed.

I'd like to get him so Prust doesn't have to fight heavyweights.
He can skate and thats about it... And one staged fight won't stop Prust from fighting any giant. He'll jump them all.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:12 PM
  #81
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
1) Corey Perry
2) David Clarkson
3) Douglas Murray
4) Saku Koivu
5) Laduslav Smid

NH57 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
  #82
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 500
I'm really surprised at the Koivu suggestions...

I mean, where will he play?

MXD is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:18 PM
  #83
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,234
vCash: 500
More grit... and two big, mean defensemen... and Perry

Habs13 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:24 PM
  #84
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
David Clarkson is by far my no.1 pick and its not even close..

I would love to add Alfredsson at the deadline if the Habs keep playing that well and the Sens are out of the playoffs.. I think we increse our chances to win the cup big time with a guy like Alfredsson..

Gio Pleks Alfie

Pac DD Gallagher

Gally Eller Cole

Prust White Armstrong\Bourque

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
  #85
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm not sure why you say that as if he fluked into a 20 goal season once, he's been at or around 20 goals/year for the last 4 years. Granted he seems to have worn out his welcome in San Jose this year, but it could just be time for a change of scenery. Guys who can average 20 goals/100 PIMs are a rare breed and he would be a huge upgrade on both our goalscoring from the wing and our team toughness. Very good playoff stats, wears a letter, drops the gloves with anyone...I have a hard time seeing what the downside is, depending on his asking price. He's exactly the kind of player a team like the Habs should target.

Clarkson is a nice fantasy but he constantly gushes about how much he owes to Lamiorello for giving him a shot - he's not going anywhere. And if he did, I guarantee he'd cost more than Clowe.
I wouldn't mind paying 5m per for clarkson, but not for Clowe I guess this is what it comes down to. clowe is making 3.6 and clarkson is making 2.6 ... not saying he's a bad player, just a guy I feel we will overpay for what he gives. I wouldn't pay more than what he earns already (talking bout clowe)

THE HOFF is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
  #86
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen
 
HabsProspectsExpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 519
vCash: 500
I think that Correy Perry to Mtl is pretty unlikely.. It will be freaking amazing to get him but the truth is; there are teams that are willing to give more than us to acquire him and are willing to give him more money than us.

So that being said(if they are available July 1)
Plan A: Nathan Horton
Plan B: David Clarkson
Plan C: Ryane Clowe

HabsProspectsExpert is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:45 PM
  #87
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
Lets take a proper look at this
for 13/14 we have 10 forwards under contract and 2 RFAs
Assuming the RFAs re-sign
the 2 UFAs are noke and armstrong
Assuming that Dumont re-signs and can replace Armstrong you have a spot for 1 forward.
I'd like to see a heavyweight that can play a 4th line shift and quietly ride the pressbox when not needed.( a la Staubitz)
NOTE: I'd love an upgrade on Desharnais at center but i seriously doubt that's going to happen


we have 6 dmen under contract
1 rfa - Weber
1 ufa - Boullion
So we assume that Kaberle will be sent packing in one form or another
Tinordi called up?
this leaves 1 spot hopefully for a gritty tough stay at home type


Last edited by AntonCH: 02-25-2013 at 05:54 PM.
AntonCH is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
  #88
GalHabsGal
Registered User
 
GalHabsGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Corey Perry with Gally will be a top NHL line

GalHabsGal is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
  #89
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Perry is gunna get an insane contract. I don't like the idea of committing that much cap space to one player.

Horton
Lapierre
O'Byrne
Theodore

I'm assuming Detroit extends Brunner, but if he hits FA I'd much rather have him than Gionta.

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
  #90
Yozzy
Registered User
 
Yozzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Perry for sure.

Yozzy is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:07 PM
  #91
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Perry, and one of Clowe or Clarkson. Clarkson being the better of the two, but obviously more expensive. Call me crazy, but I think Getzlaf would get destroyed in this city. He has a habit of disappearing and looking lazy, just don't think he and Montreal are a good fit.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:07 PM
  #92
DerektheHabsfan82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
- Trade Gionta, Kaberle and Moen
- Re-sign DD, White
- Sign Perry for 7yrs at 8M (or Horton)
- Sign Bordeleau for 2yrs at 1M
- Sign O'Byrne for 1yr at 2.5M
- Sign Garon as a backup (or Tokarski)

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($2.950m) / Corey Perry ($8.000m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Ryan White ($0.750m) / Patrick Bordeleau ($1.000m)
Gabriel Dumont ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($2.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,318,333; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,466,667

DerektheHabsfan82 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
  #93
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Perry, Clarkson or Lapierre, and Clowe would be my top 3 targets. I'd LOVE Maxim back.

Galchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:11 PM
  #94
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Perry, and one of Clowe or Clarkson. Clarkson being the better of the two, but obviously more expensive. Call me crazy, but I think Getzlaf would get destroyed in this city. He has a habit of disappearing and looking lazy, just don't think he and Montreal are a good fit.
Glad I'm not the first to say it, but every time Getzlaf comes up this is what I think. There's been questions about his compete level before and he has some pretty bad down years. The Montreal media would pillory him if he looked lazy out there, especially with what it would cost to get him. I'd take Getzlaf all things considered of course, but it's not a good fit.

Perry at least looks intense out there even when he's not at his best, plus he's a Habs fan. Realistically neither of them is coming, but Perry would be the dream FA signing of next year's class.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
  #95
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
-
- Sign Perry for 7yrs at 8M (or Horton)

You know the cap is going down, right? 8 Million for Perry is retarded.

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:15 PM
  #96
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Glad I'm not the first to say it, but every time Getzlaf comes up this is what I think. There's been questions about his compete level before and he has some pretty bad down years. The Montreal media would pillory him if he looked lazy out there, especially with what it would cost to get him. I'd take Getzlaf all things considered of course, but it's not a good fit.

Perry at least looks intense out there even when he's not at his best, plus he's a Habs fan. Realistically neither of them is coming, but Perry would be the dream FA signing of next year's class.
Is Perry a habs fan? I thought that I heard he was, and tried to dig up proof but came up empty handed.

Now, finishing real high might screw up our draft ranking, but if we can leverage a great finish into signing a player like Perry, best of both worlds! Could you imagine:

Maxpac - Galchenyuk - Perry


Need to change my pants.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:18 PM
  #97
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Is Perry a habs fan? I thought that I heard he was, and tried to dig up proof but came up empty handed.
See post #43 of this thread.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM
  #98
DerektheHabsfan82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
You know the cap is going down, right? 8 Million for Perry is retarded.
We're gonna have to overpay for Perry if we really want him to come here.
Otherwise we could sign Horton or Clarkson for less.

DerektheHabsfan82 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:24 PM
  #99
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
- Trade Gionta, Kaberle and Moen
- Re-sign DD, White
- Sign Perry for 7yrs at 8M (or Horton)
- Sign Bordeleau for 2yrs at 1M
- Sign O'Byrne for 1yr at 2.5M
- Sign Garon as a backup (or Tokarski)

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($2.950m) / Corey Perry ($8.000m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Ryan White ($0.750m) / Patrick Bordeleau ($1.000m)
Gabriel Dumont ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($2.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,318,333; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,466,667
Almost 3 mil for DD!!!! Are you serious use that to ensure good players come dot waste that on him cause of his French name

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
  #100
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Almost 3 mil for DD!!!! Are you serious use that to ensure good players come dot waste that on him cause of his French name
Well, a +- .70 PPG center pretty much worth that...
I expect DD will sign for less than that, but 2.9 is certainly realistic value for cap evaluation purposes.

MXD is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.