HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He is EASILY the most dynamic offensive player available in the draft.
So was Yakupov last year or Seguin or RNH...

Drouin doesnt look too different from those guys TBH... People overate him because hes a Q from the Q.

I like the kid though, don't get me wrong.

But giving Plekanec for the 1st pick ? Cmon.

He's not even the consensus first pick...

Old
02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by En3rgiee89 View Post
If we pick around the 20-30 range what does everyone think of Robert Hagg? 6'2 200 pound dman from MODO

"what sets him apart is an uncanny hockey sense that features a knack for being able to sense and react to pressure .. easily shakes off initial checking pressure and finds his outlets"- Mckeens Hockey
depends who's available. I think he'll be someone to either shoot up on draft day, or slip into the 2nd round.

he's solid, but, imo, not a guy that will be more than a 3-4 dman. the big thing with him, is he's learning how to play a man's game at an early age. he'll be a guy who can adjust to the nhl pretty quickly, which makes him an attractive candidate.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
depends who's available. I think he'll be someone to either shoot up on draft day, or slip into the 2nd round.

he's solid, but, imo, not a guy that will be more than a 3-4 dman. the big thing with him, is he's learning how to play a man's game at an early age. he'll be a guy who can adjust to the nhl pretty quickly, which makes him an attractive candidate.
Hägg has huge upside but he is a bit risky. Some games he's just brilliant and the next game he's bad, he has size though and he can skate. He also has a cannon from the blue line. His defensive game also has to get better.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
MaxLacoste

If we draft two time in the 20-35, what do you think about making Nic Petan our second pick. I love this kid, he's made to play in Montreal. Ok, he's not big but he's a real offensive threat. IMO he got more upside then guy like Mantha and Duclair. We could go for size with the two second round pick with guy like Hill and De la Rose.

Zadorov
Petan
Hill
Carrier

Could be a awesome draft. Mean and big with Zadorov and Hill. Hill is kind of a project, but he could have the impact Lucic have in Boston. Zadorov could make the NHL in 2 years, giving us a intimidating factor we don't have in our defense. Petan and Carrier could be excellent winger and Top6 potential. Petan have 1st line potential. We get depth at wing.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Drouin doesnt look too different from those guys TBH... People overate him because hes a Q from the Q.

I'm not for giving up Plekanec for a 1st pick.

Drouin is not really comparable to Yakupov and Seguin, more dyanmic playmaker like Crosby and Giroux.

Why would he be overrated coming from the Q? Usually Q players face an uphill battle to go top 5.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Drouin is not really comparable to Yakupov and Seguin, more dyanmic playmaker like Crosby and Giroux.

Why would he be overrated coming from the Q? Usually Q players face an uphill battle to go top 5.

This is exactly what I'm talking about... He's seventeen and was unknown a year ago, lets slow down. Comparing him to Giroux... And then Crosby...
He's overated on this board not anywhere else. He's a good hockey player and he's a real talent AND he will succeed in the NHL imo... But he's overated here.

Only on this board he's the consensus numero uno.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Here's the most recent Hockey Lobby Mock Draft! Enjoy and as usual, comments and reactions are welcomed!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.com/2013...n-edition.html

Old
02-25-2013, 08:21 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm talking about... He's seventeen and was unknown a year ago, lets slow down. Comparing him to Giroux... And then Crosby...
He's overated on this board not anywhere else. He's a good hockey player and he's a real talent AND he will succeed in the NHL imo... But he's overated here.

Why the hell would this have any weight on the matter ? Seguin came out of relative obscurity in his draft year to challenge Hall and he's been doing pretty good last I've heard. Your arguments are laughable.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

He was unknown a year ago?

He went #2 overall in the QMJHL draft. Put up 9-17-26 in 17 playoff games at SIXTEEN.

How is he overrated on this boartd when a reputable service like Red Line had him #2 BEFORE his recent 3 PPGM tear(minus MacKinnon). He is bigger and better than Giroux at the same age. I don't know of anybody that compared him to Crosby...I just said his vision and HS is on Crosby's level.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:54 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Here's the most recent Hockey Lobby Mock Draft! Enjoy and as usual, comments and reactions are welcomed!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.com/2013...n-edition.html
I hope we don't take Subban in first round.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:56 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:

I asked on the Prospect board this week...where opinion should be fair....they say Drouin very similar to Kane.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:58 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
If we draft two time in the 20-35, what do you think about making Nic Petan our second pick. I love this kid, he's made to play in Montreal. Ok, he's not big but he's a real offensive threat. IMO he got more upside then guy like Mantha and Duclair. We could go for size with the two second round pick with guy like Hill and De la Rose.

Zadorov
Petan
Hill
Carrier

Could be a awesome draft. Mean and big with Zadorov and Hill. Hill is kind of a project, but he could have the impact Lucic have in Boston. Zadorov could make the NHL in 2 years, giving us a intimidating factor we don't have in our defense. Petan and Carrier could be excellent winger and Top6 potential. Petan have 1st line potential. We get depth at wing.
I would take Petan with first pick....he should be as good as Drouin...only not french

Old
02-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I asked on the Prospect board this week...where opinion should be fair....they say Drouin very similar to Kane.
Skillwise yes, but much stronger on his skates. Better playmaker than Kane.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I would take Petan with first pick....he should be as good as Drouin...only not french
Yeah cause NHl scouts overrate players because they speak french...

Old
02-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
I hope we don't take Subban in first round.
Let Boston get him. They need a small d-man.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Yeah cause NHl scouts overrate players because they speak french...
Especially the Anglo scouts from Toronto...

Old
02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I like Petan a lot but he's playing with some real firepower in Portland. It means he can keep up with high profile players and do well but his size is something you can't ignore. Very low 1st.

Quote:
No. Kane in London was a playmaking wizard. It's not too far but Kane was quite a bit better at it.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Why the hell would this have any weight on the matter ? Seguin came out of relative obscurity in his draft year to challenge Hall and he's been doing pretty good last I've heard. Your arguments are laughable.
You're missing the point, he's been called a generational talent around here.
And I'm happy my diverging opinion is crap and you dont even bring any arguments
Quote:
He was unknown a year ago?

He went #2 overall in the QMJHL draft. Put up 9-17-26 in 17 playoff games at SIXTEEN.

How is he overrated on this boartd when a reputable service like Red Line had him #2 BEFORE his recent 3 PPGM tear(minus MacKinnon). He is bigger and better than Giroux at the same age. I don't know of anybody that compared him to Crosby...I just said his vision and HS is on Crosby's level.
Generational talent... AND
Then you compare his HS and vision to Crosby.. DUDE do you get what you're doing here ?

Quote:
I can't anymore... I just can't...

IDK if it's the fact that he's from QC, from the Q or making incredibly flashy plays but damn guys...

I'm not even trashing the kid.. You guys dont read yourselves
I love him and I'd take him on my team 9032990 times out of 10 and I'd probably take him before Jones. I'm really not bashing him, you guys are thinking out of proportion ... Crosby is elite... Kane has maybe the best passing ability in the game and he actually pulls off incredible plays a la Drouin but against mens in the NHL...

Don't get me wrong I love him too. But just slow down a bit...

Old
02-25-2013, 11:27 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
You're missing the point, he's been called a generational talent around here.
Strawman much ? Just because somebody compares his playmaking to Giroux and Crosby doesn't mean he's calling him a generational talent.

Quote:
And I'm happy my diverging opinion is crap and you dont even bring any arguments
I think the bit about Seguin was an argument. Next time, I'll spell it out so you can make the connection more easily.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Strawman much ? Just because somebody compares his playmaking to Giroux and Crosby doesn't mean he's calling him a generational talent.

I think the bit about Seguin was an argument. Next time, I'll spell it out so you can make the connection more easily.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand so it's how we start an internet fight? Right now ?

Keep it mature, please.

Go back a couple pages and you'll clearly see things like '' Damn I wish we could grab a first to get a potential generational talent!''

WHERE IS GRANT WHEN YOU NEED HIM

Old
02-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Aceekay

Quote:

IDK if it's the fact that he's from QC, from the Q or making incredibly flashy plays but damn guys...

I'm not even trashing the kid.. You guys dont read yourselves
I love him and I'd take him on my team 9032990 times out of 10 and I'd probably take him before Jones. I'm really not bashing him, you guys are thinking out of proportion ... Crosby is elite... Kane has maybe the best passing ability in the game and he actually pulls off incredible plays a la Drouin but against mens in the NHL...

Don't get me wrong I love him too. But just slow down a bit...
This part of your argument doesn't make sense. You say that Kane has the best passing ability in the game but he does it against men, well, once upon a time Kane was doing the same thing drouin is doing now(scoring at a higher rate however) and he was drafted 1st overall because of his skills and his dominance on the ice. You can't say drouin is overrated because people are comparing him to Kane and giroux, when he is dominating just as they were. Right now it's only comparisons no one is saying he will be as good as them.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post

No. Kane in London was a playmaking wizard. It's not too far but Kane was quite a bit better at it.
He was because he shot more.

Drouin is a wizard at stickhandeling and can thread a pass like a star. But he doesn't shoot very much at all. Many of his goals are of the tap in vareity after he tried to pass it off but it would bounce back or deflect. He has great hand eye for it, and his shot is very good....but he doesn' shoot enough, and that will take it's toll against pro players....against the weak(er) D in the Q he looks like a God. If he solves this, he will be more of a Kane.

Drouin has played himself into the conversation of 1st overall. Can he be....heck Ya!

Will he be 1st overall....I don't think so.

I am spoiled here in Halifax right now. With the Talent we have here and the visiting Q league players, I get to see ALOT of these guys.

But Seriously, there are some gaps in Drouin's game. He dominates against weaker teams...and that play he made that made all the highlight reels (I was at the game....just WOW) happened after Bathurst was out of the game and were coasting....But seriously...WOW.

MacKinnon. He hasn't been as hot as Drouin, but I see why he is still a top 3 guy, maybe top. His style really is NHL ready now.

Fucale, if he isn't picked in the 1st rd whoever gets him in the 2nd wil be doing a massive happy dance...you can tell this kid watched alot of Roy film...very similar.

As for Montreal. I like Mantha, Hill, Rychel, Zadorov, even Hagg

Old
02-26-2013, 08:00 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Pittsburgh had to trade Jordan Staal to get the 8th overall pick in 2012.
Philadelphia had to trade Jeff Carter to get the 8th overall pick in 2011.
Very misleading honestly.

Brandon Sutter and Jacub Voracek are nothing to laugh at. The 8th overall packs were basically half the package.

What's half of Carter or Staal? Markov perhaps.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:05 AM
DAChampion

Quote:

I'd trade Plekanec for RNH or Seguin straight up.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:32 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'd trade Plekanec for RNH or Seguin straight up.
And, if I was Boston or Edmonton, I wouldn't accept...

Closed Thread