HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal @ Sens | Monday, February 25 | 7:30 PM | Senatrolls edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  #201
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I don't think they booed the Canadian Anthem at a hockey game.

Anything else is for another forum.



Wasn't that in Russia in the 2004-2005 lockout? That didn't happen in Boston did it?
It's happened at least twice to him. Once in London Ontario.

WasTeD is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  #202
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post



Wasn't that in Russia in the 2004-2005 lockout? That didn't happen in Boston did it?
Close to Russia.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...rn=nhl,wp13220

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
  #203
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StittsvilleJames View Post
Alternatively, what if people were just insensitive before?
I understand certain situations where that is true. However, people have been using "dick" and "*****" (male and female anatomy) as insults for generations, but I'm sure the people using those as insults don't hate or intend to insult those things by doing so. You might not think it's a comparison, but people use retard, idiot, etc. etc. all the time. It's not like "gay" is being singled out as some heinous insult because of what it is. It's just a word.

Cujomi is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:03 PM
  #204
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
It's happened at least twice to him. Once in London Ontario.
Ya it was a pre season game.

Dysentery is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
  #205
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,744
vCash: 500
Subban is as tall as Karlsson, and Habs fans have been saying Subban will better for a long time. Hope he doesn't go Norris on us.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:10 PM
  #206
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Subban is as tall as Karlsson, and Habs fans have been saying Subban will better for a long time. Hope he doesn't go Norris on us.
he's not as nimble though, and doesnt have the same pass.

danishh is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:10 PM
  #207
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Subban is as tall as Karlsson, and Habs fans have been saying Subban will better for a long time. Hope he doesn't go Norris on us.
Both have great speed and a great shot but Subban's hockey IQ isn't even close to Karlsson though. He is gonna be pretty good too but in a different way. (Puck protection, hits etc.)

Chfan is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:12 PM
  #208
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Subban plays a way more balls to the walls physical style then EK does.

Subban is more like a buffalo where Karlsson is a gazelle.

WasTeD is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:15 PM
  #209
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,744
vCash: 500
I do kinda wonder what Karlsson would look like with another 30-40 pounds. We know he has no problem hitting or trying hipchecks. His godly speed and Norris' would go away I suppose.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
  #210
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg
 
2CHAINZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: We global Son
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I understand certain situations where that is true. However, people have been using "dick" and "*****" (male and female anatomy) as insults for generations, but I'm sure the people using those as insults don't hate or intend to insult those things by doing so. You might not think it's a comparison, but people use retard, idiot, etc. etc. all the time. It's not like "gay" is being singled out as some heinous insult because of what it is. It's just a word.
But people use Dic* and Pus*** as actual insults, as well as gay. Like most of us have said we know gay more often than not isn't being used as an actual insult. My point is simple you want to use gay with your friends, siblings, people close you sure go ahead no problem a lot of people do. However using it to someone you don't know can and is deemed offensive you don't know them. What if they are gay? That is being insulting. People need to take a second and use their brains, if I call someone with a handicapped sibling a retard you think they won't take offense because I simply didn't mean it in a negative way? Just be conscious and aware not everyone you don't know is going to know you're joking.

2CHAINZ is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
  #211
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
Erik Cole busted his slump on Saturday and now he's playing us.

I'm ****ing dying right now

JohnLennon is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
  #212
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
But people use Dic* and Pus*** as actual insults, as well as gay. Like most of us have said we know gay more often than not isn't being used as an actual insult. My point is simple you want to use gay with your friends, siblings, people close you sure go ahead no problem a lot of people do. However using it to someone you don't know can and is deemed offensive you don't know them. What if they are gay? That is being insulting. People need to take a second and use their brains, if I call someone with a handicapped sibling a retard you think they won't take offense because I simply didn't mean it in a negative way? Just be conscious and aware not everyone you don't know is going to know you're joking.
I used to use the terms "gay" and "****" a lot with my buddies but then I started saying them around others when I was feeling loose (drinking especially)

I am now making a concerted effort to stop using the words completely but not because I find them offensive but because I don't want to get in trouble for using them in the wrong crowd (although I believe that anyone who is truly offended by such words is stuck up)

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
  #213
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent
En défensive: Méthot-Gryba, Wiercioch-Gonchar, Phillips-Benoît. Anderson devant le filet. #Sens #ld

Uhhhhhh...

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
  #214
shootingrubber
Registered User
 
shootingrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
go sens go

shootingrubber is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:24 PM
  #215
Benny FTW
C===Benny
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,687
vCash: 500
Most people are too sensitive now. Everything and anything can offensive. Im sure someone would take offense to what i just said.

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:24 PM
  #216
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa > Wisconsin.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I used to use the terms "gay" and "****" a lot with my buddies but then I started saying them around others when I was feeling loose (drinking especially)

I am now making a concerted effort to stop using the words completely but not because I find them offensive but because I don't want to get in trouble for using them in the wrong crowd (although I believe that anyone who is truly offended by such words is stuck up)
I'm not stuck up. I don't see what's supposed to be insulting about calling someone gay. Using it as a negative encourages homophobia.

Today I learned there are adults who actually find that "creative" ... who knew.

Anyway, go Sens.

Penny Lane is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:25 PM
  #217
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
WHY IS THIS FILTH IN HERE!?

****ing Asking Alexandria. *spits*

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
  #218
Golden
Börk Börk Börk
 
Golden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I'll be honest -- I think people are very sensitive nowdays.
Or, you know, people just don't like *******s?

Golden is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
  #219
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent
En défensive: Méthot-Gryba, Wiercioch-Gonchar, Phillips-Benoît. Anderson devant le filet. #Sens #ld

Uhhhhhh...
Assuming Anderson is in nets must simply be reflex for journalists who cover the Sens this year...

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
  #220
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Assuming Anderson is in nets must simply be reflex for journalists who cover the Sens this year...
Yeah. He just apologized and fixed it. Damn.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
  #221
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa > Wisconsin.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Or, you know, people just don't like *******s?
Exactly.

Penny Lane is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
  #222
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
pretty cool, pretty aggressive.

BK201 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
  #223
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent
En défensive: Méthot-Gryba, Wiercioch-Gonchar, Phillips-Benoît. Anderson devant le filet. #Sens #ld

Uhhhhhh...
Maybe his tweet got cut off,

Anderson est devant le filet des Nachos de Latandresse

Qward is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:28 PM
  #224
Benny FTW
C===Benny
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
WHY IS THIS FILTH IN HERE!?

****ing Asking Alexandria. *spits*
Haters gonna hate. Why u hate them?

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:29 PM
  #225
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
But people use Dic* and Pus*** as actual insults, as well as gay. Like most of us have said we know gay more often than not isn't being used as an actual insult. My point is simple you want to use gay with your friends, siblings, people close you sure go ahead no problem a lot of people do. However using it to someone you don't know can and is deemed offensive you don't know them. What if they are gay? That is being insulting. People need to take a second and use their brains, if I call someone with a handicapped sibling a retard you think they won't take offense because I simply didn't mean it in a negative way? Just be conscious and aware not everyone you don't know is going to know you're joking.
I'm aware and don't disagree with you. I just think that society needs to look at context a little more and not get up in arms over every little thing. There are way bigger issues out there IMO. For example I do have a handicapped sibling but I don't get offended when people throw the word retard around because it's just a word, I recognize the context and I'm not too worried about that kind of stuff. A bunch of sports fans yelling something out in response to something else aren't really setting anyone back or really hurting anyone in a case like this IMO.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread. I understand where you are coming from and I agree in some cases.

I hope Smitty can break his slump tonight. He deserves a goal he's been working hard for it.

Cujomi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.