HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Troy Brouwer rips Semin and Boudreau

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
BobDobolina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I've always thought Boudreau was a terrible coach and Semin was lazy OR unhappy in Washington but that's irrelevant now. Brouwer is sitting on a sinking ship and blaming the guys who already left - he's not necessarily wrong or implying anything about them now, but he comes off looking like an idiot with no awareness of his present situation. His team has only gotten worse and eventually he may need to find employment again; He's not a highly prized free agent to begin with, he can't be burning bridges.
I agree with this. I'm always complaining about hockey players never saying anything interesting so don't want to rip on Brouwer too much here but in their situation, he really should be focusing on his own team instead of talking about past players or coaches.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Brouwer has a tendency to put himself on a higher hierarchy than anyone else. I'm amazed the locker-room even talks to this guy after his two teammates that he ripped apart during the CBA meetings because they had a different opinion than him.

Methinks Brouwer should focus on motivating his team and less on trying to get into the limelight.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:52 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I don't mind ex-teammates saying stuff about Semin, or Boudreau, necessarily but, I have come to really dislike big mouth Brouwer.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Methinks Brouwer should focus on motivating his team and less on trying to get into the limelight.
But they're 'doing well'. Why would he need to motivate them?

Old
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
PRicci09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
Every time I read someone ripping Semin, I always wait for it, and without fail, it comes... "As a Caps fan..."

The guy was wrongfully vilified by that organization, and its only getting worse. Whats even more hilarious is the need to continue piling on because the team Semin went to is sitting in 1st place in the division while the Caps, you know, the team Semin was supposedly holding down oh so much, is mired in last place in the conference. They just can't stand the fact they were wrong and that Semin was actually good.

But please... continue with the completely racist "he's just a lazy Russian" slams against him. Please, continue to rail on him without being able to back it up, even though we're halfway through the season and he's still consistently coming up big for the Canes, including a goal and 2 primary assists in last night's game. Don't worry, we're all still waiting for that "inevitable time he vanishes" that you claim he is so destined to go through. You know, because your savior, Alex Ovechkin, has not ever done anything like that before. Certainly not the first third of this current season....
Alex Semin is an amazing talent. I think he could easily be one of the best players in the league

having said that, Caps fans have been saying he disappears for years now. He had 4pts in 14 games during the playoffs last year. It has nothing to do with him going to the canes

you have seen him play 17 games for your team. Caps fans have seen him play over 450.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
RomersWorld*

Brouwer is a dbag who thinks WAY to highly of himself.

I remember he also trashed the Blackhawks for "gutting the Cup team" and how the Hawks were headed to failure.

No, Troy. We were gutted because of salary cap. Brian Campbell, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Kris Versteeg, ect. were moved because of the salary cap.

You were moved because you sucked and were overrated. The Blackhawks could have easily afforded Troy, but decided to take a late 1st rounder instead of keep him on the roster as "depth". That speaks volumes to what the Hawks thought of him. BTW, Hawks seem to be doing just fine without his paddy cake hits and 17 goals while playing with superstars.

This is just another sour puss comment by Brouwer who really just comes off as a stupid person. I liked him on the ice sometimes, but every time I would listen to what he had to say I found myself liking him less and less. His play on the ice reflected his personality...clueless defensively, positionally and no hockey sense aka dumb.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
With twice as many goals as Semin.

Brouwer didnt say anything that everyone in the league already knows. As a matter of fact, I'd bet every person in here bashing him had been saying the same thing about Semin for the last several years.

As a Caps fan Semin was the most frustrating player on the planet. He'd dazzle with you on one night and show that he probably has the most raw talent of any player in the league, then on another night he was gliding and moving around like he didnt care.

Why do you think that no team other than Carolina was willing to give him a chance? With his talent he should have had every team in the league falling on themselves for a chance at him.

Brouwer should probably keep his mouth shut, I dont think those comments ever help anyone and I think if I had been Hammer or Neuvy I'd of kicked his butt for his comments about them. If he can have an opinion, so can they.

But that said, what he did say was not wrong and widely recognized, so calling him an untalented idiot is a bit of a stretch.
I think you misunderstand. It's just considered pretty low to trash talk an ex-teamate like that. Brouwer should just enjoy his success quietly without calling anyone out, it's not like Semin has been talking smack about him.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
What's really disgusting is how sensitive some are nowadays. You can't tell the difference between calling a hockey player lazy and calling an entire group lazy? This is hockey, not a political discussion.
The fact that you don't understand is actually kind of funny.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Hey now, tankin' ain't easy. Take it from a Leafs fan
We're not very good at it either. 2 of the past three years we've been the worst team in the NHL for the first half and barely ended up getting top 10 picks. (But we did end up with Skinner and Jordan Staal out of it, so no complaints here)

Old
02-25-2013, 05:09 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
yeah, let's take a 17 game sample size
Same could be said about Semin. Cane fans are falling all over themselves about Semin, as they should, but us Caps fans have watched 400+ games of Semin and he is what he is. Unbelievable talent who plays when he wants. Semin may light the world up in a strike shortened season, but all signs point to him returning to his 400+ game self of playing like a God to disappearing for 10 game stretches. Whoever signs Semin will find that out soon enough.

Thats why I don't have a problem with Brouwers comments as a Caps fan. Players like Brouwer see the talent Semin has and call him out for wasting it. It is justified.

And to the Canes fans brushing off Brouwers comments because the Caps are in last place, 6 points seperates the Canes and Caps. Caps win tomorrow then its down to 4. Still plenty of season left to make that up, but yeah the Canes are way up there in 1st place.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:27 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Brouwer has a tendency to put himself on a higher hierarchy than anyone else. I'm amazed the locker-room even talks to this guy after his two teammates that he ripped apart during the CBA meetings because they had a different opinion than him.

Who are the other teammates he ripped?

Old
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Stephen

The correct response to Troy Brouwer is "Who the **** is Troy Brouwer?"

Old
birddog*

Probably true. Most could see it. But why now? Poor timing.

Old
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Roman Hamrlik and Brayden Holtby

Old
02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Dr Acula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...elling-us-out/

Old
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
What awful timing. Right when the team is feeling good after a nice win. Use that brain of yours Troy.

Old
02-25-2013, 05:42 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Is that what passes for 'ripping' these days?

Old
02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
TMLeafer

Deja vu? I swear this was said either last summer or last season. Was it someone else?

Old
02-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Brouwer is a dbag who thinks WAY to highly of himself.

I remember he also trashed the Blackhawks for "gutting the Cup team" and how the Hawks were headed to failure.

No, Troy. We were gutted because of salary cap. Brian Campbell, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Kris Versteeg, ect. were moved because of the salary cap.

You were moved because you sucked and were overrated. The Blackhawks could have easily afforded Troy, but decided to take a late 1st rounder instead of keep him on the roster as "depth". That speaks volumes to what the Hawks thought of him. BTW, Hawks seem to be doing just fine without his paddy cake hits and 17 goals while playing with superstars.

This is just another sour puss comment by Brouwer who really just comes off as a stupid person. I liked him on the ice sometimes, but every time I would listen to what he had to say I found myself liking him less and less. His play on the ice reflected his personality...clueless defensively, positionally and no hockey sense aka dumb.
Yep

Easily one of the least likeable 09/10 Hawks

So glad Bowman got a 1st for him and didn't make mistake of paying this clown

Old
02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
SelaaniScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The correct response to Troy Brouwer is "Who the **** is Troy Brouwer?"
My thoughts exactly.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:01 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Brouwer never opened his mouth here in Chicago. It seems he's done nothing but be a jackass since he's left.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Atas2000

What a highbrouwer. Make him the GM!

Old
02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
crowi
Registered Plug

I really hope Semin plays this season around PPG and takes a 4-5m/3-5yr from the Canes and keeps up with it, just to shove it back in the mouths of some people with those "lazy russian" comments.

Also I think Boudreau is doing fine with Anaheim and obviously I hope he and the team keeps doing what they're doing.

Brouwer deserves some classless Subbans!

Old
02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Semin is such a polarizing player in the league. These bottom-6 grinders sure seem to hate him, as if he's the only player in the league with inconsistent work ethic

He and especially Bruce seem to do pretty good after leaving that team, good for them.
Semin had a great game the other night. I just re-acquired him in my keeper pool

He's the Piers Morgan of hockey

Old
02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
He's the Piers Morgan of hockey
That's a horrible thing to say.

Closed Thread