HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Troy Brouwer rips Semin and Boudreau

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
  #51
BobDobolina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I've always thought Boudreau was a terrible coach and Semin was lazy OR unhappy in Washington but that's irrelevant now. Brouwer is sitting on a sinking ship and blaming the guys who already left - he's not necessarily wrong or implying anything about them now, but he comes off looking like an idiot with no awareness of his present situation. His team has only gotten worse and eventually he may need to find employment again; He's not a highly prized free agent to begin with, he can't be burning bridges.
I agree with this. I'm always complaining about hockey players never saying anything interesting so don't want to rip on Brouwer too much here but in their situation, he really should be focusing on his own team instead of talking about past players or coaches.

BobDobolina is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
  #52
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Brouwer has a tendency to put himself on a higher hierarchy than anyone else. I'm amazed the locker-room even talks to this guy after his two teammates that he ripped apart during the CBA meetings because they had a different opinion than him.

Methinks Brouwer should focus on motivating his team and less on trying to get into the limelight.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:52 PM
  #53
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,787
vCash: 500
I don't mind ex-teammates saying stuff about Semin, or Boudreau, necessarily but, I have come to really dislike big mouth Brouwer.

SERE 24 is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
  #54
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 12,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Methinks Brouwer should focus on motivating his team and less on trying to get into the limelight.
But they're 'doing well'. Why would he need to motivate them?

Brock Anton is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
  #55
PRicci09
Registered User
 
PRicci09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
Every time I read someone ripping Semin, I always wait for it, and without fail, it comes... "As a Caps fan..."

The guy was wrongfully vilified by that organization, and its only getting worse. Whats even more hilarious is the need to continue piling on because the team Semin went to is sitting in 1st place in the division while the Caps, you know, the team Semin was supposedly holding down oh so much, is mired in last place in the conference. They just can't stand the fact they were wrong and that Semin was actually good.

But please... continue with the completely racist "he's just a lazy Russian" slams against him. Please, continue to rail on him without being able to back it up, even though we're halfway through the season and he's still consistently coming up big for the Canes, including a goal and 2 primary assists in last night's game. Don't worry, we're all still waiting for that "inevitable time he vanishes" that you claim he is so destined to go through. You know, because your savior, Alex Ovechkin, has not ever done anything like that before. Certainly not the first third of this current season....
Alex Semin is an amazing talent. I think he could easily be one of the best players in the league

having said that, Caps fans have been saying he disappears for years now. He had 4pts in 14 games during the playoffs last year. It has nothing to do with him going to the canes

you have seen him play 17 games for your team. Caps fans have seen him play over 450.

PRicci09 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
  #56
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Brouwer is a dbag who thinks WAY to highly of himself.

I remember he also trashed the Blackhawks for "gutting the Cup team" and how the Hawks were headed to failure.

No, Troy. We were gutted because of salary cap. Brian Campbell, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Kris Versteeg, ect. were moved because of the salary cap.

You were moved because you sucked and were overrated. The Blackhawks could have easily afforded Troy, but decided to take a late 1st rounder instead of keep him on the roster as "depth". That speaks volumes to what the Hawks thought of him. BTW, Hawks seem to be doing just fine without his paddy cake hits and 17 goals while playing with superstars.

This is just another sour puss comment by Brouwer who really just comes off as a stupid person. I liked him on the ice sometimes, but every time I would listen to what he had to say I found myself liking him less and less. His play on the ice reflected his personality...clueless defensively, positionally and no hockey sense aka dumb.

RomersWorld* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 04:58 PM
  #57
Auger
Registered User
 
Auger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
With twice as many goals as Semin.

Brouwer didnt say anything that everyone in the league already knows. As a matter of fact, I'd bet every person in here bashing him had been saying the same thing about Semin for the last several years.

As a Caps fan Semin was the most frustrating player on the planet. He'd dazzle with you on one night and show that he probably has the most raw talent of any player in the league, then on another night he was gliding and moving around like he didnt care.

Why do you think that no team other than Carolina was willing to give him a chance? With his talent he should have had every team in the league falling on themselves for a chance at him.

Brouwer should probably keep his mouth shut, I dont think those comments ever help anyone and I think if I had been Hammer or Neuvy I'd of kicked his butt for his comments about them. If he can have an opinion, so can they.

But that said, what he did say was not wrong and widely recognized, so calling him an untalented idiot is a bit of a stretch.
I think you misunderstand. It's just considered pretty low to trash talk an ex-teamate like that. Brouwer should just enjoy his success quietly without calling anyone out, it's not like Semin has been talking smack about him.

Auger is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
  #58
Auger
Registered User
 
Auger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
What's really disgusting is how sensitive some are nowadays. You can't tell the difference between calling a hockey player lazy and calling an entire group lazy? This is hockey, not a political discussion.
The fact that you don't understand is actually kind of funny.

Auger is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
  #59
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 12,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Hey now, tankin' ain't easy. Take it from a Leafs fan
We're not very good at it either. 2 of the past three years we've been the worst team in the NHL for the first half and barely ended up getting top 10 picks. (But we did end up with Skinner and Jordan Staal out of it, so no complaints here)

Brock Anton is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:09 PM
  #60
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
yeah, let's take a 17 game sample size
Same could be said about Semin. Cane fans are falling all over themselves about Semin, as they should, but us Caps fans have watched 400+ games of Semin and he is what he is. Unbelievable talent who plays when he wants. Semin may light the world up in a strike shortened season, but all signs point to him returning to his 400+ game self of playing like a God to disappearing for 10 game stretches. Whoever signs Semin will find that out soon enough.

Thats why I don't have a problem with Brouwers comments as a Caps fan. Players like Brouwer see the talent Semin has and call him out for wasting it. It is justified.

And to the Canes fans brushing off Brouwers comments because the Caps are in last place, 6 points seperates the Canes and Caps. Caps win tomorrow then its down to 4. Still plenty of season left to make that up, but yeah the Canes are way up there in 1st place.

WetHog is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:27 PM
  #61
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Brouwer has a tendency to put himself on a higher hierarchy than anyone else. I'm amazed the locker-room even talks to this guy after his two teammates that he ripped apart during the CBA meetings because they had a different opinion than him.

Methinks Brouwer should focus on motivating his team and less on trying to get into the limelight.
Who are the other teammates he ripped?

The Russian General is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
  #62
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,935
vCash: 500
The correct response to Troy Brouwer is "Who the **** is Troy Brouwer?"

Stephen is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
  #63
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Probably true. Most could see it. But why now? Poor timing.

birddog* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
  #64
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Who are the other teammates he ripped?
Roman Hamrlik and Brayden Holtby

RealisticLeaf55 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
  #65
Dr Acula
Registered User
 
Dr Acula's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Who are the other teammates he ripped?
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...elling-us-out/

Dr Acula is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
  #66
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,524
vCash: 814
What awful timing. Right when the team is feeling good after a nice win. Use that brain of yours Troy.

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:42 PM
  #67
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,806
vCash: 500
Is that what passes for 'ripping' these days?

zytz is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
  #68
TMLeafer
Moderator
______________
 
TMLeafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hockey Mecca, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,056
vCash: 500
Deja vu? I swear this was said either last summer or last season. Was it someone else?

TMLeafer is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:58 PM
  #69
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Brouwer is a dbag who thinks WAY to highly of himself.

I remember he also trashed the Blackhawks for "gutting the Cup team" and how the Hawks were headed to failure.

No, Troy. We were gutted because of salary cap. Brian Campbell, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Kris Versteeg, ect. were moved because of the salary cap.

You were moved because you sucked and were overrated. The Blackhawks could have easily afforded Troy, but decided to take a late 1st rounder instead of keep him on the roster as "depth". That speaks volumes to what the Hawks thought of him. BTW, Hawks seem to be doing just fine without his paddy cake hits and 17 goals while playing with superstars.

This is just another sour puss comment by Brouwer who really just comes off as a stupid person. I liked him on the ice sometimes, but every time I would listen to what he had to say I found myself liking him less and less. His play on the ice reflected his personality...clueless defensively, positionally and no hockey sense aka dumb.
Yep

Easily one of the least likeable 09/10 Hawks

So glad Bowman got a 1st for him and didn't make mistake of paying this clown

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
  #70
SelaaniScores
Registered User
 
SelaaniScores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The correct response to Troy Brouwer is "Who the **** is Troy Brouwer?"
My thoughts exactly.

SelaaniScores is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  #71
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Brouwer never opened his mouth here in Chicago. It seems he's done nothing but be a jackass since he's left.

brtriad is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
  #72
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
What a highbrouwer. Make him the GM!

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
  #73
crowi
Registered Plug
 
crowi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
I really hope Semin plays this season around PPG and takes a 4-5m/3-5yr from the Canes and keeps up with it, just to shove it back in the mouths of some people with those "lazy russian" comments.

Also I think Boudreau is doing fine with Anaheim and obviously I hope he and the team keeps doing what they're doing.

Brouwer deserves some classless Subbans!

crowi is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
  #74
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Embrace the hate
Posts: 8,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Semin is such a polarizing player in the league. These bottom-6 grinders sure seem to hate him, as if he's the only player in the league with inconsistent work ethic

He and especially Bruce seem to do pretty good after leaving that team, good for them.
Semin had a great game the other night. I just re-acquired him in my keeper pool

He's the Piers Morgan of hockey

LolClarkson* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
  #75
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
He's the Piers Morgan of hockey
That's a horrible thing to say.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.