HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
  #276
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
NONE of those prospects were considered "blue chip" by ANYONE.
Pouliot was. Don't know if they listed him.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:44 PM
  #277
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Alright guys, let's just stop drafting players, I mean since the previous regime was horrible at drafting that means every prospect will never be as good as current NHLers. Let's trade all the kids that could produce for less money and trade for NHL players who will strangle us financially.
OK over reaction guy.

All it means is this.

No one is guranteed anything. It does not mean stop drafting or stock piling picks. Just that one cannot 100% predict future success based off of junior numbers. Or a few NHL games.

Therefore i do not put great stock in prospects. Coyle may or may not, agree? Vanek has for several years. I'll take the has for a long time over the could fors. And at a higher rate for the proven player.

MN_Gopher is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:06 PM
  #278
ChexLeMeneux
Registered User
 
ChexLeMeneux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
OK over reaction guy.

All it means is this.

No one is guranteed anything. It does not mean stop drafting or stock piling picks. Just that one cannot 100% predict future success based off of junior numbers. Or a few NHL games.

Therefore i do not put great stock in prospects. Coyle may or may not, agree? Vanek has for several years. I'll take the has for a long time over the could fors. And at a higher rate for the proven player.
What happens if Vanek doesn't produce then. As you say you can't predict the future. Now your stuck with another 7 million dollar cap hit and you've traded away players that may have been able to produce at a much lower cap hit. Maybe Coyle, Zucker, etc. won't pan out but as a GM you have to hope a few do and you get good production out of them during their entry level and second contracts .

ChexLeMeneux is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
  #279
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Now I KNOW you're joking...

NONE of those prospects were considered "blue chip" by ANYONE.

...and the Chris Simon signing was blasted by even the biggest Riser-apologists.
Pouliot was ranked as high as #2 in his draft year. Hard to think that was not blue chip.

Thlen was ranked #8 and the second d man. Drated at 12.

Sheppard another top 10

Belle in 2005 was listed in the top 50 prospects,
AJ Thelen ranked over Marc Staal at one point.
O'Sullivan at #8
In 2006 Voloshenko was ranked our #1 prospect.

If by blue chip you mean AO and Crosby then no. But do some research and you will find that they were indeed ranked pretty high.

Cam Barker was once ranked the #9 ahead of Giroux at 21.Things change.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...spring2007110/

its a good read and eye opener. anyone can monday morning QB. In that moment like we are in this moment uts ard to see.


Last edited by MN_Gopher: 02-25-2013 at 07:21 PM.
MN_Gopher is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:13 PM
  #280
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,210
vCash: 50
why was the Simon trade so wrong? Anyone? It's not like he picked up Simon instead of getting a center. Not like we gave up a utile asset. Even if it was a metaphorical smoke bomb (POOF! I did something!) who the hell cares? didn't make the team any worse.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:18 PM
  #281
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexLeMeneux View Post
What happens if Vanek doesn't produce then. As you say you can't predict the future. Now your stuck with another 7 million dollar cap hit and you've traded away players that may have been able to produce at a much lower cap hit. Maybe Coyle, Zucker, etc. won't pan out but as a GM you have to hope a few do and you get good production out of them during their entry level and second contracts .
What your solution then?

MN_Gopher is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:19 PM
  #282
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
why was the Simon trade so wrong? Anyone? It's not like he picked up Simon instead of getting a center. Not like we gave up a utile asset. Even if it was a metaphorical smoke bomb (POOF! I did something!) who the hell cares? didn't make the team any worse.
Band aid on a missing limb. Was a slap in the face.

MN_Gopher is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
  #283
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
What your solution then?
Patience.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:25 PM
  #284
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Band aid on a missing limb. Was a slap in the face.
I think Boogaard had been hurt most of the year so that was addressing that...not the other obvious deficiencies in the lineup. We didn't have the assets to get a proper dressing on the missing limb. DRs fault for that, but the Simon trade itself wasn't sneer-worth and was hardly insulting. You might have an "i don't want that kind of player on my team" beef, but from a personnel standpoint he was a boogaard shaped peg. couldn't find one to fit the center peg.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 07:51 PM
  #285
ChexLeMeneux
Registered User
 
ChexLeMeneux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
why was the Simon trade so wrong? Anyone? It's not like he picked up Simon instead of getting a center. Not like we gave up a utile asset. Even if it was a metaphorical smoke bomb (POOF! I did something!) who the hell cares? didn't make the team any worse.
It didn't make the team any worse but it also did nothing to help the team.

ChexLeMeneux is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
  #286
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexLeMeneux View Post
It didn't make the team any worse but it also did nothing to help the team.
yes. So? Rupp for Powe hasn't done anything for our team so Fletcher sucks?

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 09:46 PM
  #287
ChexLeMeneux
Registered User
 
ChexLeMeneux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
yes. So? Rupp for Powe hasn't done anything for our team so Fletcher sucks?
I never said Fletcher sucks. The trade hasn't really made the team worse either. If anything it actually helped in that it freed up a contract spot which was probably a big reason for the trade.

ChexLeMeneux is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:20 PM
  #288
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
It's amazing how things change.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:57 PM
  #289
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexLeMeneux View Post
I never said Fletcher sucks. The trade hasn't really made the team worse either. If anything it actually helped in that it freed up a contract spot which was probably a big reason for the trade.
i know, but it's the same logic train people are riding. The Simon trade wasn't awful by any stretch of the imagination, therefor not a reason to hate Risebrough.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:57 PM
  #290
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
It's amazing how things change.
like i said a while ago when we were in 8th place...up and down, up and down.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:17 AM
  #291
ChexLeMeneux
Registered User
 
ChexLeMeneux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i know, but it's the same logic train people are riding. The Simon trade wasn't awful by any stretch of the imagination, therefor not a reason to hate Risebrough.
I agree. With some it's the EA NHL logic that makes you just shake your head.

ChexLeMeneux is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:08 AM
  #292
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i know, but it's the same logic train people are riding. The Simon trade wasn't awful by any stretch of the imagination, therefor not a reason to hate Risebrough.
It is the face trade.

No Simon was not a terrible trade. In itself

Teams were all loading up for the playoffs. We did not. So to bring it up you point to the Simon trade. As in he did nothing when we had a solid team and could have added something to help.

MN_Gopher is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:15 AM
  #293
Minnesota
Moderator
L'étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,443
vCash: 50
Rupp's scored a goal and is +1.

I honestly haven't seen him do anything bad.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:13 PM
  #294
DANOZ28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 500
hey muck, DR thought they were ALL blue chip! ( turns out just buffalo chip)

DANOZ28 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:19 PM
  #295
DrPP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal: Brodziak for Okposo + change

Both having down seasons, similar money, probably could each use a new start.

Thoughts?

DrPP is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
  #296
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,550
vCash: 500
If Okposo can't score on Tavares' wing he won't be able to score here. I've seen tons of Islanders fans throwing him in proposals for crap and saying he needs to go. He must have really fallen off.

Generic User is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
  #297
DeuceMN
Really?
 
DeuceMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chi-Town, Il
Country: United States
Posts: 1,986
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPP View Post
Both having down seasons, similar money, probably could each use a new start.

Thoughts?
No.

Brodziak has had a few bad games, so what. He's still a strong part of our team. He's also working through his slump.

DeuceMN is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
  #298
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
It is the face trade.

No Simon was not a terrible trade. In itself

Teams were all loading up for the playoffs. We did not. So to bring it up you point to the Simon trade. As in he did nothing when we had a solid team and could have added something to help.
i didn't think i brought up Simon. I already explained the probable reason why we couldn't get what we really needed. Risebrough knew we needed help at center, couldn't get it. But way too many fans would just rather believe we picked up Simon instead of a center for some reason and therefor picking up Simon = stupid move.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
  #299
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
If Okposo can't score on Tavares' wing he won't be able to score here. I've seen tons of Islanders fans throwing him in proposals for crap and saying he needs to go. He must have really fallen off.
He's a slow starter every season and didn't play during the lockout.

It doesn't matter how many NYI fans make him their wipping boy, so long as KO is on the dirt cheap portion of his contract, Snow will show patience.

The same fans saying get him off the team, I don't care what comes back, were posting all offseason that Grabner was a 1 trick pony, who they wanted gone. Garbner gets off to a fast start in 2012-2013 and suddenly he's untouchable

CREW99AW is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 02:53 PM
  #300
PariseSuterKoivu
Registered User
 
PariseSuterKoivu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 270
vCash: 50
I do think it's a good time for a buy low opportunity on Okposo. We could also possibly pull in a decent D prospect as they have some depth there.

PariseSuterKoivu is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.