HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Perez or Kostitsyn being moved

Old
07-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Marksman

vCash: 500
Dont worry. There will be room for the young guys. Andrei K might have to start his year with Bulldogs, but he will be back in few months time when someone gets hurt. Someone always does, injuries are part of this game.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 07:39 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik View Post
As we know now.. we dont have very much room for all our prospects. I dont know how long Gainey wants to keep Kostitsyn in the minors and now Perezhogin has a 1 way contract. IMO Perezhogin has higher value than Kostitsyn right now, so maybe he could be moved along with something else to acquire some quality defencemen. Although this is only speculation and i doubt Gainey can acquire any other defenceman unless he trades Souray. Considering Markov, Rivet and Souray are going to be UFA's and how d-men are reaching higher contracts, i expect Souray and Markov to get raises. I dont mind leaving Kostitsyn in the minors with Grabovsky, and maybe its for the best.
Like I said before , decide where these guys fit into your system and move on.
Perz and Kosty have to play this year , Kosty especially , one more year in the minors and his value drops even more. There is no excuse not playing them , RYDER IN ALL LIKLEHOOD WILL BE MOVED IN A PACKAGE. I THINK VINNY CAN BE HAD IN A
PACKAGE , TB IS TOO HEAVY UP TOP IN THE CAP .

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Well there should be an asterick beside it. Trading prospects for players doesnt mean you are going to win the cup. I would rather keep my youth and let them win the cup for me then trade them away. ie. Iginla
Ok... so say that trade never happens, and Iginla stays middle of the pack scorer as he was before he busted out (with top end minutes being played in Calgary) and we are now in 2006... Dallas still has no cup, and are a decent team...
Would you look back at that deal, and admit you SHOULD HAVE done it????

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Heuh?? Ryder one of our most skilled kids?? Sorry but the only elite skill Ryder has is a shot and a nose for the net, everything else is a pretty average if not under average. Gainey should package him in a trade while he has some interesting trade value.

Kostitsyn
Perezhogin
Latendresse
Grabovski
Higgins
Ryder
i agree about Ryder , i'm still having trouble with that give away he did right before Stillman beat Huet on the glove side, the guy has no hands, can't control anything, as close to useless on defense as it goes, a Higgins-Koivu-Kostytsin would be interesting to say the least, if one goes, it's Ryder, alot of teams need a Ryder and he has value.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 06:56 AM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Ok... so say that trade never happens, and Iginla stays middle of the pack scorer as he was before he busted out (with top end minutes being played in Calgary) and we are now in 2006... Dallas still has no cup, and are a decent team...
Would you look back at that deal, and admit you SHOULD HAVE done it????
No. You never look back. Always look ahead.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:26 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
The *only* way I can accept Gainey trading one of these players is if he's getting an established centre back. For example, negotiations with Scott Gomez are going poorly lately, and are expected to go to arbitration. If the arbitrator awards Gomez too much salary [eg. $5M+], then the Devils will have no choice but to accept the ruling then trade him before the start of the season, so they can stay under the cap. New Jersey will be hampered by two salaries under the cap for Malakhov & Mogilny of around $7.1M

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/inde...770.xml&coll=1

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 03:20 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
That is an empty hypothetical. You wouldn't get a number 1 defenseman in return.
Well I didn't mean straight up.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Teufelsdreck

The only place the two of them might be moved to is another line in the event of injury.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote