HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Opinion - Fix the Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
  #176
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
We are not trading Lundqvist. End of story.
I know. Just something I would really consider if I were GM, considering where Columbus sits in the standings, as well as taking into account the Rangers and Kings, we could potentially land 3 picks in the top 10.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:06 PM
  #177
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I know. Just something I would really consider if I were GM, considering where Columbus sits in the standings, as well as taking into account the Rangers and Kings, we could potentially land 3 picks in the top 10.
I'll take the Vezina goalie, thanks.

But I'd do it for any other player.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:12 PM
  #178
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I'll take the Vezina goalie, thanks.

But I'd do it for any other player.
I'd take a young playmaker, a goal scorer, and whatever else we can get with the two other picks over the Vezina winner only because that's the one constant that we've ever had since the 05-06.

Plus, there is no one player on this team that can get us those 4 picks.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM
  #179
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Has it occured to anybody

that maybe the Rangers problem is this:

They worked their ***** off 110% last season....and the season before. Torts got as much as he could out of them, and they just are physically/mentally exhausted and having a hard time reaching down for it again?


I thought a lockout might help, fewer games, rest up on injuries, but maybe even if they had a full camp for Torts to get the team ready, maybe they just were too beat up from the prior two?

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM
  #180
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,526
vCash: 500
You know we need to win a game when we got people talking about trading Hank for picks

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:15 PM
  #181
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'd take a young playmaker, a goal scorer, and whatever else we can get with the two other picks over the Vezina winner only because that's the one constant that we've ever had since the 05-06.

Plus, there is no one player on this team that can get us those 4 picks.
But why are we rebuilding??

What if these kids bust?

And do you expect LA to continue sucking? No way do I trade Lundqvist for a bunch of unproven kids, who may or may not pan out.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:19 PM
  #182
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
But why are we rebuilding??

What if these kids bust?

And do you expect LA to continue sucking? No way do I trade Lundqvist for a bunch of unproven kids, who may or may not pan out.
See, and therein leis the problem: I only want to give up one player and trading that one player is considered a "rebuild."

And what if those players turn out to be really offensively gifted? ****, what if we really got an offensive PMD?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:21 PM
  #183
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
See, and therein leis the problem: I only want to give up one player and trading that one player is considered a "rebuild."

And what if those players turn out to be really offensively gifted? ****, what if we really got an offensive PMD?
Who tends goal for us? Lincoln Tunnel Biron?

This is ridiculous.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:24 PM
  #184
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Who tends goal for us? Lincoln Tunnel Biron?

This is ridiculous.
Sign Thomas for a season or two and then look to get an UFA or finally rectify our goalie prospect pool down the line.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:28 PM
  #185
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Sign Thomas for a season or two and then look to get an UFA or finally rectify our goalie prospect pool down the line.
Yes, let's make our only strength a weakness.

Thomas is pretty much retired.

Good goalies don't get to UFA.

Remind me again why we're trading our franchise player here? The only player of his calibre that this organization has drafted and kept since Brian Leetch.

And offense comes to die here anyway, so these kids would probably forget how to score anyway.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:31 PM
  #186
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Yes, let's make our only strength a weakness.

Thomas is pretty much retired.

Good goalies don't get to UFA.

Remind me again why we're trading our franchise player here? The only player of his calibre that this organization has drafted and kept since Brian Leetch.

And offense comes to die here anyway, so these kids would probably forget how to score anyway.
I mean, let's not pretend this isn't a team that is willing to block shots. We play almost a similar game to Boston and if Thomas heard we'd like him to come to the Rangers, I doubt he readily retires.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:42 PM
  #187
nyrpassion
Vetted.
 
nyrpassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Lundqvist for all of Columbus' 1sts and a 1st in 2014?
Followed by the drafting of 4 Hugh Jessimans

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:46 PM
  #188
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
Followed by the drafting of 4 Hugh Jessimans
We really only need 1 more defenseman, so 1 Jessiman and 3 Petr Prucha's.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:48 PM
  #189
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I mean, let's not pretend this isn't a team that is willing to block shots. We play almost a similar game to Boston and if Thomas heard we'd like him to come to the Rangers, I doubt he readily retires.
Blocking shots isn't going to make a bad goalie look good. Actually, it makes it hard to see the puck when the shot isn't blocked. And not every goalie can follow the puck in traffic as well as Lundqvist can.

Thomas hasn't played competitive hockey in a year. You expect him to come in and play lights out? I'd expect him to come in and pull his groin.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:51 PM
  #190
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I think Lundqvist alone can get us those picks. As much as I like McD, I think Columbus would want us to throw in someone else. Plus, I think Columbus is in dire need of a goalie.
who in god's name would replace lundqvist

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:52 PM
  #191
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,697
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'd take a young playmaker, a goal scorer, and whatever else we can get with the two other picks over the Vezina winner only because that's the one constant that we've ever had since the 05-06.

Plus, there is no one player on this team that can get us those 4 picks.
And suddenly its gone when you trade him.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:56 PM
  #192
robwrx04
Registered User
 
robwrx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
I just started reading this page. I thought trading Lundqvist was a joke. Apparently not.

robwrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:58 PM
  #193
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Blocking shots isn't going to make a bad goalie look good. Actually, it makes it hard to see the puck when the shot isn't blocked. And not every goalie can follow the puck in traffic as well as Lundqvist can.

Thomas hasn't played competitive hockey in a year. You expect him to come in and play lights out? I'd expect him to come in and pull his groin.
Come on. How many shots Lundqvist hasn't had to attempt to make a save because it pinged off somebody, or when he makes a save, it's because someone put themselves in a position to make the shot an easy save?

And I definitely agree that he can spot the puck well. The only flaw I see in his game is that he sucks moving the puck, and that's one aspect of his game that will never get better.

Plus, Thomas doesn't play as many games as other tenders. I use him only as a short stop-gap before getting a goalie who can play for a longer amount of years.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:00 PM
  #194
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
And suddenly its gone when you trade him.
Yeah, but you're potentially improving on the other two: offense and defense.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:01 PM
  #195
robwrx04
Registered User
 
robwrx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
We don't need to trade players. Team chemistry isn't built overnight. Doesn't help swapping half the roster either.

robwrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:07 PM
  #196
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Can't that be said for every goalie?

Tim Thomas has played as much competitive hockey over the past year as I did.

I don't know what the fascination with draft picks here is.

What if LA repeats? What if Lundqvist goes to CBJ and carries them to the playoffs? Then you only have our high pick, as we are sure to suck without Lundqvist now, and for many years ahead.

Not many teams have franchise goaltenders. Us, Nashville, LA, maybe Boston in the future, are the only teams who can say we have franchise goalies. Even Ryan Miller is inconsistent. MAF pretty much handed the series to the Flyers. Why are we trading ours to Columbus? These 18 year olds are supposed to save this team?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
  #197
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Can't that be said for every goalie?

Tim Thomas has played as much competitive hockey over the past year as I did.

I don't know what the fascination with draft picks here is.

What if LA repeats? What if Lundqvist goes to CBJ and carries them to the playoffs? Then you only have our high pick, as we are sure to suck without Lundqvist now, and for many years ahead.

Not many teams have franchise goaltenders. Us, Nashville, LA, maybe Boston in the future, are the only teams who can say we have franchise goalies. Even Ryan Miller is inconsistent. MAF pretty much handed the series to the Flyers. Why are we trading ours to Columbus? These 18 year olds are supposed to save this team?
Except, Thomas has proven to be an NHL caliber goalie. Everyone else, you and I? It's a stretch of a comparison.

You don't pull the trigger now: trade deadline is April 3rd. By then, this could be a moot point. By then, Rangers could potentially land a 1-2-3 punch, or 3 picks in the top 10, 2 in the top 5, who knows.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:17 PM
  #198
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Except, Thomas has proven to be an NHL caliber goalie. Everyone else, you and I? It's a stretch of a comparison.

You don't pull the trigger now: trade deadline is April 3rd. By then, this could be a moot point. By then, Rangers could potentially land a 1-2-3 punch, or 3 picks in the top 10, 2 in the top 5, who knows.
But he hasn't played Beer League hockey, let alone NHL hockey, for a year now. He has pretty much retired. When was the last time a player, and a goalie, who are all known as creatures of habit, took a year off and came back?

While Seth Jones, MacKinnon, and one of Drouin/Barkov sounds enticing, they could still bust, and it would leave a gaping hole in net. Literally. The size of Biron's 5 hole.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:21 PM
  #199
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
But he hasn't played Beer League hockey, let alone NHL hockey, for a year now. He has pretty much retired. When was the last time a player, and a goalie, who are all known as creatures of habit, took a year off and came back?

While Seth Jones, MacKinnon, and one of Drouin/Barkov sounds enticing, they could still bust, and it would leave a gaping hole in net. Literally. The size of Biron's 5 hole.
I believe there were a few players who didn't play overseas or here when the lockout occurred in 04-05. One of those players was Belfour.

Sure, they could, but what if they do pan out? I really doubt that 3 or all picks would backfire in our face.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
  #200
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I believe there were a few players who didn't play overseas or here when the lockout occurred in 04-05. One of those players was Belfour.

Sure, they could, but what if they do pan out? I really doubt that 3 or all picks would backfire in our face.
Ok, but the 04 lockout messed up everyone's schedule. Timmy went to fight against Obama or whatever. It's obvious that he's not serious about hockey anymore.

We will not be able to find a replacement for Hank. Wanna go back to the days of Blackburn/Valiquette/Weekes/whoever else we had? I don't. I like my goalie winning games, no single-handidly losing them.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.