HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

just read this on the code's blog....

Old
07-17-2006, 02:14 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
We could probably get Lang for a 2nd or 3rd rounder imo, though Souray doesn't have much trade value either seeing as he's in a contract year and has regressed as a player.

Unless they put him on the third pairing with Chelios. That could be a great combo. Of course, WE could have done that, dumped Dandenault and not signed Bouillon and then signed a top-tier UFA defenseman. But no......

Dany Markov is still out there. So is Desjardins, but he's leaning towards retirement apparently. Slegr is out there too. Nothing much left.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:19 PM
HomaridII

I wonder what San Jose could be offering for Souray. Implied in Code's blog is that Detroit is willing to do Souray for Lang straight up since its the Habs asking for more, not Detroit.

Cheechoo, Thornton are out ... who would they offer?

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Squeaky

This makes no sense. All the Souray rumors got started because of the stupid daughter thing, and the Lang rumors because of the Zednik thing. Now they've merged to form the ultimate BS rumor, that has been born from the stupid parts of other dead rumors.

The Lang rumor always centered around Detroit getting a winger back for Lang, this gives them a D which they don't need.

The Souray rumor was to send him out West to be with his kid. Detroit is not close to LA.

I call bull on any Souray rumors, and any Lang to Montreal rumors for the duration of the offseason. They're all garbage.

Now watch the trade happens, and I end up looking like an ***.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:48 PM
alexstream

I'm dreaming, but some kind of blockbuster:

SJ:
Marleau
Ehrhoff

MTL:
Souray
Ribeiro
Perezhogin
Ryder

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:49 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post

SJ:
Marleau
Ehrhoff

MTL:
Souray
Ribeiro
Perezhogin
Ryder
You never know...Code says SJ are listening to offers for Marleau now you know...

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
You never know...Code says SJ are listening to offers for Marleau now you know...
Which is BS for 3 reasons:

1) Marleau carried the Sharks in the playoffs
2) He's married to a SJ girl, they're expecting a child
3) He is the captain of the Sharks, and he skipped 2 years of free agency to re-sign last summer.

When I say that the Sharks would keep Marleau over Thornton, I'm not exaggerating. Marleau is a fan favorite, he's practically grown up in SJ, and unlike Thornton in Boston, there are very few knocks on his clutch ability. The only people that think Marleau will be traded are delusional MTL fans, who somehow think Souray + Ribeiro for a 27 year old captain entering his prime, making only 4 million, is a fair deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post

SJ:
Marleau
Ehrhoff

MTL:
Souray
Ribeiro
Perezhogin
Ryder
So the Sharks lose their captain and top offensive defenseman? The only player MTL has a real chance of acquiring from SJ is Nils Ekman. The teams are not good trading partners, just because SJ, unlike most other NHL teams, has a group of players that just will not be traded (Thornton, Cheechoo, Marleau, Bernier, Ehrhoff, Michalek).

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:53 PM
HomaridII

Quote:

Marleau is at $4mill though .. To get him you would have to do something like Ribeiro + Souray + a good prospect to get anywhere near in talent or $$$.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Marleau is at $4mill though .. To get him you would have to do something like Ribeiro + Souray + a good prospect to get anywhere near in talent or $$$.
um...
Ribeiro
Souray
Perezhogin
Ryder

even Thornton didn't go for that much lol

Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau...

anyways i'd love either Marleau or Thornton and i would break the bank for both (more for Thornton)

think about it during the season Thornton dominates, and then during the playoffs ppl waste their time concentrating on Thornton. Koivu owns even More because he's always been a playoff performer lol right on!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post

3) He is the captain of the Sharks, and he skipped 2 years of free agency to re-sign last summer.

When I say that the Sharks would keep Marleau over Thornton, I'm not exaggerating. Marleau is a fan favorite, he's practically grown up in SJ, and unlike Thornton in Boston, there are very few knocks on his clutch ability. The only people that think Marleau will be traded are delusional MTL fans, who somehow think Souray + Ribeiro for a 27 year old captain entering his prime, making only 4 million, is a fair deal.

So the Sharks lose their captain and top offensive defenseman? The only player MTL has a real chance of acquiring from SJ is Nils Ekman. The teams are not good trading partners, just because SJ, unlike most other NHL teams, has a group of players that just will not be traded (Thornton, Cheechoo, Marleau, Bernier, Ehrhoff, Michalek).
No need for the retarded comment, he said CODE, is there something in the air in San Jose that affects eye sight ??

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maley View Post
No need for the retarded comment, he said CODE, is there something in the air in San Jose that affects eye sight ??
Have you been on this site for long? After a while, you get sick of this:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=marleau

People seem to think that because Thornton was acquired, Marleau is expendable. The reason DW traded for Thornton was to take the pressure of Marleau.

Sharks fans are going through what TB fans went through with Richards/Lecavalier. Other teams (mostly MTL just by virtue of sheer numbers) fans see that SJ has two #1 centers, and propose a terrible deal for one of them.

It's Sheldon Souray we're talking about, not Scott Niedermayer. Excuse me if I'm a little testy, but that happens after you constantly read lopsided proposals for your captain.

Last edited by Blades of Glory: 07-17-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old
07-17-2006, 03:20 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:

Where the hell did you come from????

You got some kind of Marleau detector or something? It's like sabresrat and his Miller detector!

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Where the hell did you come from????

You got some kind of Marleau detector or something? It's like sabresrat and his Miller detector!
No. I was just browsing some topics about Sheldon Souray, and I came across this. Naturally, I have to defend my team's star players.

Old
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
The reason DW traded for Thornton was to take the pressure of Marleau.
No way. The only reason DW traded for Thornton was because then Bruins-GM Mike O'Connell was on crack.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:49 PM
neopreneur

Gainey will not trade for Lang because people are actually talking about it.

While we all sit here and talk about Lang coming to MTL, Gainey is working on something totally "unexpected" as usual.

Gainey probably starts these rumours himself to distract people from what he's actually trying to do... which is acquire Lecavalier

neopreneur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:49 PM
fins420

Zidlicky's locked up for 4 years with Nashville. Making $3.35M per year.

fins420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Marksman

The Blues are also interested in either of the Sharks goaltenders, and Manny Legace. The Blues are willing to try off Jackman or Brewer to land a number one goalie.

I wonder if they would we willing to trade one of those for Aebischer + little something. Jackman may be a little rich ... but Brewer. That would enable sending Souray to LA/SJ for pick/prospect. Expecting the unexpected.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
We could probably get Lang for a 2nd or 3rd rounder imo, though Souray doesn't have much trade value either seeing as he's in a contract year and has regressed as a player.

Unless they put him on the third pairing with Chelios. That could be a great combo. Of course, WE could have done that, dumped Dandenault and not signed Bouillon and then signed a top-tier UFA defenseman. But no......

Dany Markov is still out there. So is Desjardins, but he's leaning towards retirement apparently. Slegr is out there too. Nothing much left.
I thought that too until I read some Code or Elkund or some other blogger that Detroit had asked for Higgins AND a 2nd or 3rd. It actually angered me, and I felt like writing a rude e-mail to Holland. Then I realized (again) that I spend too much time on these boards.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote