HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #21| Feb. 25, 2013|Maple Leafs at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
02-25-2013, 10:26 PM
RhyZa

vCash: 500
Leafs fan here, I definitely don't root for you guys but keep your head up, your team can be lethal.

The combo of physicality and offensive firepower is dangerous and can still overcome some of the goalie woes. Once you get on a roll it could be scary. Giroux is going to flat out go off soon, and Voracek is beasting. Not sure what Knuble is doing still playing, and Simmonds is kind of unimpressive. B Schenn is a keeper, and Hartnell is a great leader.

Other than that the Leafs put on a brave road performance but got a bit lucky to hold you off.

RhyZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
I missed the game tonight (another stupid team meeting...) and I'm quite upset that we lost but man this quote made my day
This team is lost in the woods they caught what Bryz had last year they don't give a ****.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:33 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Homer's biggest mistake?

Resigning Kimmo to a 1 year 6 mill dollar deal. No way anyone can justify that.
Kimmo did look terrible out there but so did the rest of the team win as a team and lose as a team.

Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Didn't you hear? The season is over.
If we don't get a high pick or go past the first round then there's not much if any merit to this season. That's where it looks like we're headed.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
freakydallas13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Pretty sure they could get something for him, buying him out would be pointless.
A grinder playing poorly with 3 years left after this is not a very attractive trade piece.

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
This team is lost in the woods they caught what Bryz had last year they don't give a ****.
A team being poorly constructed isn't the same as not caring.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:37 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Giroux is really starting to heat up. Really looking forward to seeing him suit up for Team Canada a year from now. The Flyers are definitely a better team than their record indicates. Lavi has always seemed like a good coach to me, but it seems that the players are tuning him out right now for whatever reason. Despite the heated rivalry between Toronto and Philadelphia over the years, I like your team and hope you guys turn it around and make it into the playoffs.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:38 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsouth View Post
I agree. At his peak, Kimmo was a 1/2, but has gradually declined into being a middle pairing guy. 6M for what Kimmo has been bringing to the table these days is insane.
What? In his prime, Timonen was at least a top fifteen defenseman, if not top ten. I have no idea where you got the idea that he was a 1/2 tweener. At this current point, he's still a great number two defenseman.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Jgboys1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

Jgboys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

maddening
So out of sync

Re: Knuble - G missed him wide open in front.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
What? In his prime, Timonen was at least a top fifteen defenseman, if not top ten. I have no idea where you got the idea that he was a 1/2 tweener. At this current point, he's still a great number two defenseman.
no he has not and hasnt been since 2010. Kimmo was a great player , he is no longer that player. He is so immobile , but still has the best hands of any d man we have.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

He was fantastic in November-December of last year...he was playing incredible hockey. Then the injuries began.

02-25-2013, 10:43 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
A team being poorly constructed isn't the same as not caring.
This team isn't as much poorly constructed as they are young and inconsistent in key areas. I have no hesitation in saying that half of their losses would be wins if they came out and gave a full sixty minute effort.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:43 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Well i bet Ed Snider isn't please it wouldn't be a surpise if someone is replaced like a coach or a GM.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:45 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Well i bet Ed Snider isn't please it wouldn't be a surpise if someone is replaced like a coach or a GM.
Or our 1 st and young player gets moved for Iginla. So scared of what he may do.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:47 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
no he has not and hasnt been since 2010. Kimmo was a great player , he is no longer that player. He is so immobile , but still has the best hands of any d man we have.
Agree to disagree then. I think most teams would still have him slotted as their number two on their roster. Part of the reason he looks immobile at times is because his partner or the forwards hang him out to dry. Christ, it happened tonight when B. Schenn absolutely butchered a play at the point leading to Kimmo taking a penalty.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:52 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Agree to disagree then. I think most teams would still have him slotted as their number two on their roster. Part of the reason he looks immobile at times is because his partner or the forwards hang him out to dry. Christ, it happened tonight when B. Schenn absolutely butchered a play at the point leading to Kimmo taking an (UNNECESSARY) penalty.
Seriously, there was no reason Timonen needed to trip him there. He had contained him to the outside.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:54 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He was fantastic in November-December of last year...he was playing incredible hockey. Then the injuries began.
Yup, I remember that. I also remember Kimmo/Coburn playing so well together in 2008 or 2009, but Coburn never plays with a nasty streak like I'd hoped.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Yup, I remember that. I also remember Kimmo/Coburn playing so well together in 2008 or 2009, but Coburn never plays with a nasty streak like I'd hoped.
That puck in the face Coburn took in that Pens series was his downfall. They guy never seemed the same after that play.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:00 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Seriously, there was no reason Timonen needed to trip him there. He had contained him to the outside.
He went for the pokecheck and got skates instead. It wasn't a penalty as a result of a lack of mobility or laziness. Sometimes **** just happens.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:02 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Or our 1 st and young player gets moved for Iginla. So scared of what he may do.
Could happen the way things are going but want no part of Iginla he ain't any good anymore and his contract is bad i think.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:03 PM

Talbot is still doing OK in all areas but goal scoring. His D has been solid enough and i'm happy to give him time to work it out.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Qyburn

Quote:
What? In his prime, Timonen was at least a top fifteen defenseman, if not top ten. I have no idea where you got the idea that he was a 1/2 tweener.
Many Flyers fans have become increasingly obsessed with the piece Homer went after in the offseason. I think the obsession is there because we actually thought we had it for a short while, and then we didn't. So now anything less pales that much more in comparison. It's a strange little quirk of the fanbase but it's definitely noticeable.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
He went for the pokecheck and got skates instead. It wasn't a penalty as a result of a lack of mobility or laziness. Sometimes **** just happens.
**** has been happening far too often with Kimmo Timonen this year. The way he played to finish last year, he didn't deserve to get a 6M deal for 2013-2014. The way he has played thus far, he doesn't deserve 6M for 2013-2014.

Homer messed up. AGAIN. I don't understand why he couldn't just wait to see if maybe those injuries were going to add up / to make sure that Timonen can still make it through a full NHL season without the caliber of his play slipping.

Maybe we can still trade him though...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Mgkibbles

I'm about finished with Rusty and Knuble. Time to get Harry Z and Wellwood in the lineup together and just go pure pace. Still doesn't solve our lack of speed on the back end, the amount of times our Dman got burned wide by Leaf forwards tonight was staggering, but at least our forwards would be able to skate.

Hartnell - Roux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Briere
McGinn - Couturier - Rinaldo
Harry Z - Talbot - Wellwood

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote