HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arbitration Dates set for our 4 Predators ...

Old
07-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Arbitration Dates set for our 4 Predators ...

David Legwand (July 25), Martin Erat (July 31), Adam Hall (August 2nd) & Scott Hartnell (August 4th)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 10:33 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I hope Legwand brings a box of tissues for when Poile/Fenton presents the Predators case. I think he's going to get his feelings hurt.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 11:24 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I hope Legwand brings a box of tissues for when Poile/Fenton presents the Predators case. I think he's going to get his feelings hurt.
I think the fact that Legwand came back and played doggedly the 2nd part of the year on the ACL deficient knee for the good of the team instead of going ahead and having it reconstructed during the year will be seen in a favorable light by the arbitrator.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I think the fact that Legwand came back and played doggedly the 2nd part of the year on the ACL deficient knee for the good of the team instead of going ahead and having it reconstructed during the year will be seen in a favorable light by the arbitrator.
Unfortunately, I think the injury will be used to say that Legwand is injury prone and although he is "doing nicely" in recovery this season...he is coming off of knee surgery and is damaged goods.

I was happy to see Poile's comment in this morning's Tennessean that all four players are still negotiating and interested in signing multiyear deals because I think if we lose Legwand at the end of the season...we do not have anyone to plug the second line center role and will be up the creek without a paddle again in the center department. Obviously there has been discussion about moving Upshall to center, but until he proves he can do it...I'm not buying it.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:04 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
It would be. But that's one of the harsh issues. His side is going to view it as you mentioned. The Predators are going to show that he's injury prone and is coming off the worst year of his career statistically. All that hard work, effort, and grit that he showed in fighting through the injury won't be pushed to the forefront by Poile and co. They'll focus on his inconsistent play before that.

And I'm not saying that arbitrator will rule for or against Legwand. Just saying that what the Preds will say won't be nice.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 07-17-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old
07-17-2006, 02:56 PM
SmokeyClause

Preds agree to 2-year deal with Toots.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....D=200660717003