HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yay - Habs lose to Senators in Shootout 2-1

Old
02-25-2013, 10:45 PM
expy

vCash: 500
Habs shot a lot, but in all honesty only about 10 were "good" shots at the net, a lot of far shots and slow tips in front with almost no chance of going in the net. Also have to factor in the 5-6 posts we hit since those do not count as shots on goal.

Carey let in a softy, which could've won us the game 1-0.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

I'd complain about Price, but let's be honest; he only let one goal in. It's ok on that aspect. He was very lucky we didn't get to play against a hotter team though.

As for the rest of the game, a couple of things;

- How did Galchenyuk and Eller not get a single shift in OT before the last minute. I can understand the penalties and everything, but they probably deserved the second wave of the PP way before Plekanec and Gionta

- I wish I understood why a line with Prust, Gionta and Plekanec on it got to play in most of the offensive zone faceoffs, while Cole Eller and Galchenyuk got the defensive zone faceoffs.

- The forecheck was perfect tonight. The Senators will fall back on earth sooner than later. They're a horrible team with a good coach that happen to run on hot goaltenders.

- Get Gionta out of this team. Please.

- Seriously, send him to NJ. Wherever you can. Can't stand his useless efforts on the forecheck anymore. Skates by the player, tries to steal the puck away from him by chipping his stick, skates away at the red line. Yeah. That's what Gionta calls "forechecking". I also wish his shot was a threat. But it's not. He's just useless in every aspect out there. Perfect Jacques Martin player. At least Koivu kept pushing the human limits of his body further and further. I just don't even see Gionta being in the same stratosphere in terms of effort and attitude.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
I can't count how many times I've heard the follow all season long.

"Gionta can't get the shot away."
"Gionta...high and wide."
Not only that but he's been terrible controlling the puck. He's probably the worst in the Habs for protecting the puck along the boards. Even DD is miles ahead of him right now. It's sad because it's not due to the lack of trying but at some point, you gotta make the tough decision and move passengers to the back of the van.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Can't believe the Habs are paying Brian Gionta 5 million dollars to play hockey. No more Gio on the powerplay pls.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
raz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Seriously? Eller has some of the best hands on the team, the only player with better hands is galchenyuk.
Sounds more like an opinion and less like a fact.
I'll believe it when I see it translated in hard numbers.

raz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Well Bishop is part of the Sens too. And take a look at their line up, take a look at the injury list, take a look at the standings.. They are not that bad.

8-9 players in their line up tonight have under 50 nhl games in their career and they still beat us. Give them some credits.
Their goalie is the only one who gets credit in this game. Good on him. But it's hard to argue against the fact that the Habs manhandled the Senators tonight.

JohnLennon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
That's all hope, since the Leafs have had our number this year.
It's why I'm saying that if we win we will not care about tonight's game result If we lose though...

It should be an interesting game anyway

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dharvey33

Price was disguised as santa tonight but we still should have won it. Those games are frustrating because it's not every game that you dominate for 60 minutes but still lose because the other goalie was in god mode.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
albator71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
The sens played like crap tonight Bishop stole it and Price gave you a christmas present.

The injuries are tough on you guys and so forth but tonight the sens deserved to lose and badly.
The goaltender is there for a reason you know, stop pucks. Tonight Bishop did he's job amazingly well. Our goaltenders are our strength, so proud of our boys.
The Habs played a very good game tonight, but we'll take the 2pts and run.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Frank Drebin

How come I only see coaching critiques in PGT's when we lose? Certainly the experts can see room for improvement even after a win?

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I dont get your post.

The Habs had the killer instinct all night long. When you play against a goalie who could stop 40+ shots and survive two posts, what more could the Habs do?

You cant win them all.

Take the one point, applaud the effort of having outplayed the Senators and move on. Anything else is ridiculous.
exactly

we outplayed them all night long, move on to the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

***** and moan when the team looks like ****.

They played a hell of a great game.
you're unusually positive tonight

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I'd complain about Price, but let's be honest; he only let one goal in. It's ok on that aspect. He was very lucky we didn't get to play against a hotter team though.

As for the rest of the game, a couple of things;

- How did Galchenyuk and Eller not get a single shift in OT before the last minute. I can understand the penalties and everything, but they probably deserved the second wave of the PP way before Plekanec and Gionta

- I wish I understood why a line with Prust, Gionta and Plekanec on it got to play in most of the offensive zone faceoffs, while Cole Eller and Galchenyuk got the defensive zone faceoffs.

- The forecheck was perfect tonight. The Senators will fall back on earth sooner than later. They're a horrible team with a good coach that happen to run on hot goaltenders.

- Get Gionta out of this team. Please.

- Seriously, send him to NJ. Wherever you can. Can't stand his useless efforts on the forecheck anymore. Skates by the player, tries to steal the puck away from him by chipping his stick, skates away at the red line. Yeah. That's what Gionta calls "forechecking". I also wish his shot was a threat. But it's not. He's just useless in every aspect out there. Perfect Jacques Martin player. At least Koivu kept pushing the human limits of his body further and further. I just don't even see Gionta being in the same stratosphere in terms of effort and attitude.
very, very true

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
habtastic

Yeah, I've been a Gio defender, but oh wow, paaaathetic. And he wasn't even good in the game. In fact I think Cole actually did more to help the team. Pleks always sucks in SOs so not surprised there. A little mad that we are wasting all the DD shootout goals since he only has one move and the book will be out on him (forward by Cristobal Huet). I also think that someone as talented as Chucky cannot possibly have that one move. I know it's about being comfortable, but he's only pulled it off once, so it can't be too comfortable. USE YOUR SHOT!!! He's becoming a legitimate NHL force that I feel like I can rip on him a little bit. Gorges's son's attempt wasn't that great either. How do other teams always look like they have a team full of elite shooters?!!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz123 View Post
If we are going to judge players hands by their stats, I guess David Clarkson has better hands than Erik Christensen.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:49 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

I'd also add; I was worried about Emelin, but ever since he got that grill off his helmet, he's looking much better out there. He's getting excellent at breaking plays at the blueline without overcommitting himself physically. Which is essential in a league where you play 82 games a year.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Price never gonna be a top 5 starter until he wins games like these. I'm sorry but this should have been a win. It should have been a 1-0 win, and he had another chance to win it in the SO but failed.
just curious... who is your top 5 goalie in the NHL right now?

Because you seem to think that every good goalies are always good and never have a bad (1 goal against).

Is Miller, Lundqvist still top 5? Or Halak that never played more than 58 games in a season? Luongo? Brodeur? Fleury? Quick? who came down to earth this season.

There's Rinne who is very consistent but how many of these goalies above deserves a solid top 5 spot?

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
A win against the Leafs in 2 days and we don't even remember this lost point.
I just hope the Habs show so fire against the Leafs after that 6-0 embarrassment last game.. If they can't get fired up for that game someone needs to answer some questions.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz123 View Post
Name me one player other than galchenyuk on this team that has better hands than eller, do it.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:51 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Seriously? Eller has some of the best hands on the team, the only player with better hands is galchenyuk.
yup, and eller has more of an arsenal. how is he not in every SO?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DenverHabsFan

Missing Saku so much...

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTricK09

Maybe I should have tried calling another one

HatTricK09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Yeah, I've been a Gio defender, but oh wow, paaaathetic. And he wasn't even good in the game. In fact I think Cole actually did more to help the team. Pleks always sucks in SOs so not surprised there. A little mad that we are wasting all the DD shootout goals since he only has one move and the book will be out on him (forward by Cristobal Huet). I also think that someone as talented as Chucky cannot possibly have that one move. I know it's about being comfortable, but he's only pulled it off once, so it can't be too comfortable. USE YOUR SHOT!!! He's becoming a legitimate NHL force that I feel like I can rip on him a little bit. Gorges's son's attempt wasn't that great either. How do other teams always look like they have a team full of elite shooters?!!
Even when Cole was off, he'd sometimes draw a penalty and get the team on the power play. Gionta? He can't even do that. All Gio is now is Gallagher's mentor/babysitter, and for 5 million, that is quite the overpayment.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Name me one player other than galchenyuk on this team that has better hands than eller, do it.
Markov

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
raz123

Quote:
Desharnais, for one.

raz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Their goalie is the only one who gets credit in this game. Good on him. But it's hard to argue against the fact that the Habs manhandled the Senators tonight.
It's one game, they beat plenty of other teams before. A well coach-team will find a way to win. Who cares if we manhandles them, they are the one that came out with 2 pts. Moral victory much?

They also beat us earlier this season..

Yes a team without their best players due to injuries will not be/look as good.. wow.

I don't see why you have to laugh at them when they beat us twice this season. One with a full line up, one with an almost AHL line up.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote