HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yay - Habs lose to Senators in Shootout 2-1

Old
02-25-2013, 09:53 PM
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
Honestly, I understand how you can't call out your captain the same way as other players, but TAKE.HIM.OFF.THE.POWERPLAY. That is all.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just hope the Habs show so fire against the Leafs after that 6-0 embarrassment last game.. If they can't get fired up for that game someone needs to answer some questions.
They said that before the 6-0 loss re: first game of the season

Gorges will give another speech, yada, yada, yada.

Just win. PLEEEEASE! I'll be at the ACC making it sound like Scotiabank Place aka the Bell Centre.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Name me one player other than galchenyuk on this team that has better hands than eller, do it.
He may have good hands but he is 1/5 lifetime

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
exactly

we outplayed them all night long, move on to the next one.

you're unusually positive tonight
We have a team that has bought into Therrien's aggressive approach. They played their ***** off and did not deserve to lose this game.

But, its a game and sometimes the best team does not win.

Now if the Habs played passive and did not show any effort, yeah, I might be a little ticked off.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Even when Cole was off, he'd sometimes draw a penalty and get the team on the power play. Gionta? He can't even do that. All Gio is now is Gallagher's mentor/babysitter, and for 5 million, that is quite the overpayment.
Gallagher lives with Gorges so you can scratch "babysitter" off the list of things that Gionta does

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Ottawa did the same thing to Toronto the other night. Took 2 points when they barely deserved 1. The Cinderella story won't last though.

That game wasn't predictable at all. Meh. Hot goalie, at least we got a point. Still undefeated in regulation in 8 games, that's what I'm taking out of this.
Ottawa outplayed Toronto and deserved the win, against the Islaners now that was a different story.

Montreal definitely outplayed Ottawa tonight, but Bishop stopped everything he needed to. Montreal fans should know all about great goaltending winning games.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orr123

First... sorry for trolling. But I'm not here to brag.

The Habs out played the Sens pretty much the ENTIRE game. Minus Bishop being crazy.

The Habs have played great this year, and will likely continue. This is a tough loss -- but at least you got a point.

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:56 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Honestly, I understand how you can't call out your captain the same way as other players, but TAKE.HIM.OFF.THE.POWERPLAY. That is all.
This much is true. Maybe when we have a lead or something, but not when the game is on the line until he gets back to where he used to score big goals (if he does. I think he will, but he sucked tonight and on most PPs this season).

Old
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We have a team that has bought into Therrien's aggressive approach. They played their ***** off and did not deserve to lose this game.

Now if the Habs played passive and did not show any effort, yeah, I might be a little ticked off.
**** yeah

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
First... sorry for trolling. But I'm not here to brag.

The Habs out played the Sens pretty much the ENTIRE game. Minus Bishop being crazy.

The Habs have played great this year, and will likely continue. This is a tough loss -- but at least you got a point.
Dude. You team is lucky to get 2 pts tonight.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:57 PM
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
Sens deserved the W against the Leafs, but not tonight. But that's hockey, goalies steal games. The kept putting the pressure on, they tied it up, they came within one bad shootout decision of winning. The only focus should be against the Leafs on Wednesday.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rosso Scuderia

Even Therrien doesn't seem mad about the loss. He knows his team played well, we got beat by a hot goalie, it happens. At least we got a point.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
It's one game, they beat plenty of other teams before. A well coach-team will find a way to win. Who cares if we manhandles them, they are the one that came out with 2 pts. Moral victory much?

They also beat us earlier this season..

Yes a team without their best players due to injuries will not be/look as good.. wow.

I don't see why you have to laugh at them when they beat us twice this season. One with a full line up, one with an almost AHL line up.
I don't know why you have such an issue with a post I made. Ottawa looked awful tonight and everyone, even Senators fans, agree that they are lucky they were even in this game tonight.

I never laughed at them... I'm just glad the Habs are playing as well as they are. This is the Habs board, I'm not speaking to Senators fans, so I shouldn't have to worry about hurting their feelings. Good for the Sens and their streak, but they looked awful tonight and I'm glad the Habs played so well, it just so happens we got unlucky with posts and ran into a hot goalie. It happens. Doesn't mean we weren't better.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shawnt*

With Toronto, Boston, and Pittsburgh upcoming the Habs could be in 7th by the end of the week. Can't be throwing away any points this year.

shawnt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Win against the leafs and it's all good. In fact, it'll be looked at as a terrific string of games without reg. losses.

Old
Nedved

only a couple minutes left in the hawks game. 2-2, for those who want to see the streak continue, or possible end.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Dude.. I agree with everything you said in this thread.. so far!

Old
Kirk Muller

I dont know if Price caught a rut or just bit on the first move but it was definitely awkward.

However those faulting him are clueless. He let in one, albeit weak goal, the game went to a shootout where he gave the team not only one attempt but two attempts to win the game and the shooters failed miserably.

Also add in two powerplays, one that was a 4 on 3 which should be guaranteed goal time, id argue the offense failed most. They need to capitalize, thats final.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
T'es ben poche Gionta câlique!
Hope these points prevent them from drafting top5.
As a fan of the Sens and having been on the bad end of games against great goaltending I understand you feeling upset but the Sens are a pretty good team and at this stage they are in no danger of falling out of the playoffs let alone dropping to the bottom of the league for a high draft pick.

That said, the Senators stole one but a goalie is part of the team and Bishop played awesome. Hope Price plays like he can in Sochi!!

Keep up the good play - the Habs are very exciting to watch and amazing to see how good they can be for a long time with some of their young guys.

OD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:59 PM
DenverHabsFan

MT's SO selection has been puzzling so far. It seems to have less to do with skill than trying to make a hero out of a struggling player. Just can't take seeing Gio in SO and on key PPs. GTFO.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Hugo Sham

what the **** are sens fans chirping about? we sucked last year and still managed to go 4-0-2 vs them...this year...two games that were tight, including ryan white's meltdown..and tonight we got owned by a goalie

as i said on main board. we'll see if they can play this rope a dope on the road

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InglewoodJack

Price played awesome, Bishop stood on his head, but that was an embarrassing shootout. They deserve the loss based on that.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

hawks streak continues, 19 games without a regulation loss to start the season.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I would have liked seeing Eller get a go.

Not too angry. Habs played well and lost to a team that is playing with the most heart in the NHL right now. Plus, 6-0-2 in the last eight games, picking up 14 points out of a possible 16. I'm not going to cross my arms and pout.
Exactly. We got a loser point and that may not have been the outcome that we deserved, it sure as hell beats getting absolutely nothing. We just played one of the best games we've played this season, and had a ton of bad luck in the face of a goalie who didn't play brilliantly, but competently enough to win with the help of his lucky posts.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I don't know why you have such an issue with a post I made. Ottawa looked awful tonight and everyone, even Senators fans, agree that they are lucky they were even in this game tonight.

I never laughed at them... I'm just glad the Habs are playing as well as they are. This is the Habs board, I'm not speaking to Senators fans, so I shouldn't have to worry about hurting their feelings. Good for the Sens and their streak, but they looked awful tonight and I'm glad the Habs played so well, it just so happens we got unlucky with posts and ran into a hot goalie. It happens. Doesn't mean we weren't better.
I just think they deserve more credits and they "look" bad because of their injuries.

We played one hell of a game, I'm not even mad about the loss. Like Therrien said, it was a great road game but we got beaten by a hot goalie. It happens.