HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When will Ryan O'Byrne be ready?

Old
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

vCash: 500
When will Ryan O'Byrne be ready?

I have never seen the guy play, but I've been hearing alot of great stuff about the guy. Size and some good foot speed. Can anyone give me a realistic prospect rating or is he still 2-3 years away? Since we don't have any prospect defencemen coming up, maybe he has a chance?

Thanks

Oops, sorry about the spelling....

Last edited by HABIMUS-MAXIMUS: 07-17-2006 at 04:01 PM.
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Talent Analyst

I've just seen him play in pre camp , but he look like a solid defence . We will see if he go to the real camp if he's at the NHL level .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
His name is Ryan O'Byrne, btw, not O'Bryan.

He's definitely ready for the AHL now. If he spends the year in Hamilton instead of college, I could see him being ready as soon as next year. But I agree with T.A., let's see how training camp goes.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
I say that he only needs one year in the AHL and he's ready weither he plays in Hamilton this coming season or in 07-08 is still a question mark tho but he should be ready after a year in the AHL.

Habsfan 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:46 PM
ControlFreak

Send a message via MSN to ControlFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABIMUS-MAXIMUS View Post
I have never seen the guy play, but I've been hearing alot of great stuff about the guy. Size and some good foot speed. Can anyone give me a realistic prospect rating or is he still 2-3 years away? Since we don't have any prospect defencemen coming up, maybe he has a chance?

Thanks
O'Bryan will never play a game in the NHL, although I think O'Byrne might sooner than later.

ControlFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 04:03 PM
neopreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABDUCTOR View Post
O'Bryan will never play a game in the NHL, although I think O'Byrne might sooner than later.
Your avatar is awesome!

neopreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Pakeha

Ryan will likely finish his degree (or be close to it) before making the jump to pro hockey. He will spend one year in the AHL at best

Pakeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 11:08 PM
FTowwn

what kind of defenceman is he? offensive, stay at home? tell me about him. i know he has great size and a very good skater and very mobile. who does he comare to?

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by filly_canadiens View Post
what kind of defenceman is he? offensive, stay at home? tell me about him. i know he has great size and a very good skater and very mobile. who does he comare to?
Defensive defenceman with a hard shot...that's about the best definition for Ryan O'Byrne.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Defensive defenceman with a hard shot...that's about the best definition for Ryan O'Byrne.
I suppose that's fair, but he has some pretty decent hands too. Or showed them last week at camp anyway. He seems to have a pretty complete package. I really think that if he spent this year in the AHL, he'd be NHL-ready next year.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
I suppose that's fair, but he has some pretty decent hands too. Or showed them last week at camp anyway. He seems to have a pretty complete package. I really think that if he spent this year in the AHL, he'd be NHL-ready next year.
Yeah, I agree on the hands, but Komisarek also have nice hands, but it's not his game after all. I think the same thing will happen to O'Byrne...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Pakeha

Ryan O'Byrne is definitely a sleeper for the Habs. Big, stay at home defenseman, great skater,good hands for a D-Man, smart player. He can also fight BTW, although he does not go out of his way to pick them. What more do you want??? Only knock he has ever had is that he is not that intense, however the counter arguent is that he is very calm on the ice and does not make bad decisions. I think he has the makings of a great NHL player. My sense is that he will finish university at Cornell (they said that when he was drafted) and he will immediately come over to the AHL as a quick prep for the show (he will likely not do a full season in the AHL). In my books he is ready for prime time!

Pakeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
That sounds awully like Souray to me... Except seems like he's faster, and less prone to brain farts. Right?

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote