HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?
Yes 36 42.35%
No 49 57.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 09:46 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 500
How come we don't have an all things Jersey thread

02-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So....I lost the battle of soundbars. Was aiming for the Klipsch or Bose. Wife came in with me at Best Buy and she said that she was not really interested in getting that cinema sound that we'd probably wouldn't use anyway 'cause the only time we can watch those movies, is when the kids are sleeping and any loud soundbars or cinema spekaers would wake them up. So she mostly wanted a soundbar that would slighly improve the sound of our new TV. And in the end, she said that the one she wanted was actually sounding better than the other ones (I suspect that the price ALSO sounded better....) Anyway, we went with the Polk Audio Soundbar IHT-4000. It does sound fine, pretty clear for the voices and high sounds, subwoofer is actually not that bad. And the price is obviously much less than the others.....I guess that's as good as I could have done...

Thanks guys for the help lately with either the TV or the soundbars. Well appreciated!

Old
02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Unofficial official off topic thread

Didnt see your official OT thread so mods move this to where it should go I suppose...

Anyway off topic.. looking for a couple good GMs for our fastasy league

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1343335

check it out.

Cheers.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
chuck1984

OFF TOPIC: Want English Bulldog (In or around Montreal)

Hey everyone!

I'm looking at getting another dog (my Boxer passed away Dec 31st 2011). I live in a condo and would rather have a lazy dog. Anyways, I'm looking for a english bulldog but all their health issues scare me... Does anyone have one bought from a breeder that you would suggest?

Thanks a lot!

Old
02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1984 View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm looking at getting another dog (my Boxer passed away Dec 31st 2011). I live in a condo and would rather have a lazy dog. Anyways, I'm looking for a english bulldog but all their health issues scare me... Does anyone have one bought from a breeder that you would suggest?

Thanks a lot!
I have one, i did not get him from a breeder.

Negatives

1) He is lazy
2) He is smelly
3) He snores endlessly

My bulldog has had no health issues and he is getting up there in age for a bulldog (expected life of a bulldog is around 9 years)

If you can find one who's face is not overly scrunchy you probably will avoid 90% of the health problems they face.

Positives

1) He is fantastic with kids, my 3 year old literally rides him and my bulldog doesn't even flinch

2) He is loyal

3) He is smart! Bulldogs seem to get a negative score on intelligence but i disagree, at least mine is very smart. He has learned he cannot go on the couch, he has learned to do his business outside, he listens when you tell him to go lay down. in fact he listens to basically anything you tell him.

Other notes

Not sure if all bulldogs love to swim but mine dives right in which is not really a good thing because he sinks and I have had to rescue him from questionable water on multiple occasions. We bought a life jacket for him which worked wonders.

PS

When i adopted him his name was "Mr. Higgins" at the time christopher higgins played for the bulldogs...I felt it was fate.

when my dog passes away, i will really think hard about getting another bulldog. Health problems aside they are really awesome dogs.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarex View Post
I have one, i did not get him from a breeder.

Negatives

1) He is lazy
2) He is smelly
3) He snores endlessly

My bulldog has had no health issues and he is getting up there in age for a bulldog (expected life of a bulldog is around 9 years)

If you can find one who's face is not overly scrunchy you probably will avoid 90% of the health problems they face.

Positives

1) He is fantastic with kids, my 3 year old literally rides him and my bulldog doesn't even flinch

2) He is loyal

3) He is smart! Bulldogs seem to get a negative score on intelligence but i disagree, at least mine is very smart. He has learned he cannot go on the couch, he has learned to do his business outside, he listens when you tell him to go lay down. in fact he listens to basically anything you tell him.

Other notes

Not sure if all bulldogs love to swim but mine dives right in which is not really a good thing because he sinks and I have had to rescue him from questionable water on multiple occasions. We bought a life jacket for him which worked wonders.

PS

When i adopted him his name was "Mr. Higgins" at the time christopher higgins played for the bulldogs...I felt it was fate.

when my dog passes away, i will really think hard about getting another bulldog. Health problems aside they are really awesome dogs.
Awesome thanks a lot for taking the time to write back! The fact that they are lazy is one of the main reasons I want one lol. I didn't know about the scrunchy face, I'll keep that in mind when I find one! (The water thing, altho dangerous, made me smile; you gotta LOVE dogs!

Old
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Thanks a lot!
Don't own one and never have (I got a Schnauzer) but know a thing or two about them.

To start with, the whole thing about them being a lazy breed is a bit of a myth-- it's not that they are, generally inactive but more that they need the right incentive to be energetic. As mentioned by the previous poster, Bulldogs are incredibly loyal so if activity equates to more time with you/the family they will be more active. They are very smart dogs too, so if you're looking for toys, try ones that are puzzles (thing a kong with a dog treat in it) to keep it busy.

Why I start with there activity is because it, along with diet, have a lot to do with the animals health. Generally speaking, the smaller the breed the more opportunity to exert energy it needs. While not the smallest breed, Bulldogs need quite a bit of activity to keep their energy output in line with their intake so, while they're lazy on there own, it is important that enough time is taken to encourage it to get the exercise it needs. Because they need the motivation, they can also become overweight fairly easily which can lead to a lot of the health problems you've eluded too.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Don't own one and never have (I got a Schnauzer) but know a thing or two about them.

To start with, the whole thing about them being a lazy breed is a bit of a myth-- it's not that they are, generally inactive but more that they need the right incentive to be energetic. As mentioned by the previous poster, Bulldogs are incredibly loyal so if activity equates to more time with you/the family they will be more active. They are very smart dogs too, so if you're looking for toys, try ones that are puzzles (thing a kong with a dog treat in it) to keep it busy.

Why I start with there activity is because it, along with diet, have a lot to do with the animals health. Generally speaking, the smaller the breed the more opportunity to exert energy it needs. While not the smallest breed, Bulldogs need quite a bit of activity to keep their energy output in line with their intake so, while they're lazy on there own, it is important that enough time is taken to encourage it to get the exercise it needs. Because they need the motivation, they can also become overweight fairly easily which can lead to a lot of the health problems you've eluded too.
Thanks for your advice! I live alone in a decent size (700 foot condo) and work 8:30 shifts...I've had dogs, I know they require attention and work, but I need a dog that doesnt mind sleeping most of the day lol. I'm looking forward to going on walks with him-her tho, I need to stop watching so much tv!

Old
02-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Riddum

Quote:
Thanks for your advice! I live alone in a decent size (700 foot condo) and work 8:30 shifts...I've had dogs, I know they require attention and work, but I need a dog that doesnt mind sleeping most of the day lol. I'm looking forward to going on walks with him-her tho, I need to stop watching so much tv!
Get a pitbull! Or a bunny!

Old
02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCantHandleMyRiddum View Post
Get a pitbull! Or a bunny!
Or both.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:02 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Or both.
haha rabbits smell, pitbulls arent legal where i live in Montreal, plus I want a small dog. The next big dog I get is another Boxer and there's no question about it! That's the best breed!

Old
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
haha rabbits smell, pitbulls arent legal where i live in Montreal, plus I want a small dog. The next big dog I get is another Boxer and there's no question about it! That's the best breed!
I'm partial to german shephards, but I think that breeding for domestic dogs is wrong. There are many dogs at the SPCA who could use a good home.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Just buy a pug

Old
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
|||HABS Fans Location|||

It would be interesting to see where you guys are residing. I'm wondering how many of you are non-Quebecois.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:12 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Johnathan Drouin and nathan mackinnon jerseys...websites that have them

just looking for a halifax mooseheads jersey with NM and JD's names in the back thanks

Old
02-17-2013, 07:15 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

http://mooseheads.phpwebhosting.com/taxonomy/term/4

Old
02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
yah seen that...cant customize them though

Old
02-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Old
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Anyone having Pasta for supper?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1164324

Vive Pauline!!!

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 02-20-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Anyone having Pasta for supper?

Vive Pauline!!!
PQ already said they would ask for explanation. This is not related to Pauline.

This is just plain stupid IMO.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
PQ already said they would ask for explanation. This is not related to Pauline.

This is just plain stupid IMO.
Pauline is too busy gutting school funding to worry about such things.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:41 PM
ClasslessGuy

I'm looking for the best tablet on the market price/quality.

I want to use it at home to watch video, play games etc. The main reason if for football. I want to use it to take some notes, show video to players, read practice plan etc. It has to work well with word/excel etc and easy to modify the document.

Anything better than the ipad?

Old
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Get a Nexus.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
ncredible

Current players born in Quebec - NHL & minors

I'm having a hard time finding this list online besides the main few big names. So I wanted help to make one with all active hockey players.

Goalies:
Luongo
Fluery
Brodeur
Leclaire
Biron
Deslauriers
Theodore
Garon
Giguere
Bernier
Crawford
Poulin
Danis

Defense:
Bergeron
Letang
Beauchemin
Eduoard-Vlasic
Gervais
Demers
Scandella
Savard
Despres

Forwards:
Cedric-Labrie
St. Louis
Lecavalier
Tanguay
Brier
Gagne
Riberio
Pominville
Bergeron
Statsny
Belanger
Dupuis
Vermette
Bouchard
Burrows
Lombardi
Perron
Bernier
Brassard
Talbot
Parenteau
Latendresse
Laperierre
Begin
Descharnais
Mitchell
Perreault
Bourque
Huberdeau
Bolduc

Who am I missing???
feel free to mention players in the minors and also top prospects and ill make a section for that too.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 PM
theOutsider

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ovAbbrev&pg=22
and following page

Closed Thread