HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

You know the team isn't going to sell guys

Old
02-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Codith

vCash: 500
You know the team isn't going to sell guys

You really think Snider is going to let the team get blown up ? ****ing doubt it. Odds are he has a gun to homers head to trade our first and our prospects for some project player or on the brink of retirement.

Grim future

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:59 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

we sold Forsberg in the year we don't speak of

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Meh, there really isn't many people to sell on this team. Most of the dead weight has no trade value (Fedo, Knuble, Foster). The only player we could sell without ****ing the future would be Briere, outside that, everyone is too young and it's way too early to give up on. One player I really want to trade for though, is Bernier. I know Bryz needs a break and is being played way too much, but he has still given up a lot of softies and his contract is really terrifying to eat the next decade.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

If this team is bad enough(which they are looking like they are) they will sell players. Just not players who are part of the core. Coots, Schenn, Schenn, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell are here to stay.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:02 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Just make the dead weight avaiable (talbot, feds, knuble, briere), and take whatever we can get for them. then bring some young guys up

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
When you run he numbers, we are getting close to being out without a wicked run. And nothing about this team or Lavy's decisions leads me to believe that's possible. Knuble dressing let alone out with minute to play tells me he has lost it.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
When you run he numbers, we are getting close to being out without a wicked run. And nothing about this team or Lavy's decisions leads me to believe that's possible. Knuble dressing let alone out with minute to play tells me he has lost it.
When Knuble played those few games over Mcginn is when I knew Lavy had to go. Im not saying McGinn is a great player, but he came in and did his job. He wasn't a liability defensively and actually produced some offense

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:17 PM
flyingsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
When Knuble played those few games over Mcginn is when I knew Lavy had to go. Im not saying McGinn is a great player, but he came in and did his job. He wasn't a liability defensively and actually produced some offense
McGinn's a nifty little grinder. Knuble has fallen and he can't get up.

flyingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:25 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsouth View Post
McGinn's a nifty little grinder. Knuble has fallen and he can't get up.
Yeah keeping Knuble in the lineup at this point is inexcusable.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Yeah keeping Knuble in the lineup at this point is inexcusable.
dont be surprized when Lavi replaces Knuble with Shelley.

/profit

hahahah

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
You really think Snider is going to let the team get blown up ? ****ing doubt it. Odds are he has a gun to homers head to trade our first and our prospects for some project player or on the brink of retirement.

Grim future
I could see Snider canning Homer and Lav for starters he won't sit back and watch this **** much longer..

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:58 PM
flyershockey

There really isn't anyone to sell outside of Briere if things get really bad. Giroux, Schenns, Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell, Read, Grossman, and Coburn are all key pieces moving forward. Guys like Knuble, Fedotenko, Gervais, and Talbot all have very little value in a trade and/or are on one year deals. Gus, McGinn, Rinaldo, and Mez will all return much less in a trade than they are worth or could be worth going forward. All that leaves is Kimmo and Briere, and they're not going to move Kimmo after giving him that extension.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:45 PM
CyborgLindros

....has nobody noticed we're tied for the 8th? ..........and the season it's even half over...............and the kings just won it all.......as an 8.

CyborgLindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Swic21

What's all the talbot hate? He's not a goal scorer and his defense has been solid. We can't expect him to score 19 goals a season. That was an anomaly. And his line mates on most nights aren't very good players. He's had Knuble, Fedotenko, and Rinaldo all on different occasions. He is an important piece on this team.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:47 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
There really isn't anyone to sell outside of Briere if things get really bad. Giroux, Schenns, Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell, Read, Grossman, and Coburn are all key pieces moving forward. Guys like Knuble, Fedotenko, Gervais, and Talbot all have very little value in a trade and/or are on one year deals. Gus, McGinn, Rinaldo, and Mez will all return much less in a trade than they are worth or could be worth going forward. All that leaves is Kimmo and Briere, and they're not going to move Kimmo after giving him that extension.
Kimmo could be shopped his ext that has a NMC or NTC doesn't kick in till next year.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgLindros View Post
....has nobody noticed we're tied for the 8th? ..........and the season it's even half over...............and the kings just won it all.......as an 8.
Ya but we wont be there for long if we dont win.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:58 PM
CyborgLindros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Ya but we wont be there for long if we dont win.
The team isn't bad. It's inconsistent, and has had injuries. We've got a very young team so I see no reason to go on a sell plan. Briere would get us nothing in return (Gagne type trade) and the rest of the pieces mentioned don't net us much either. Play a wait and see game. If things keep going the way they are look at firing Lavy (even if it would be the wrong move) and let someone try audition for the job.

CyborgLindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:28 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I don't see them selling or buying. This is the make it or break it year for Lavy.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgLindros View Post
Tied for 8th, but with 3 more games played. There's several teams below the flyers who are in better shape % wise. Just looking at the raw points # doesn't tell the full story.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Yeah, without a solid win streak this team won't secure a berth. There's too many team with games in hand...if any of them go on a run and we don't, that's it.

02-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, without a solid win streak this team won't secure a berth. There's too many team with games in hand...if any of them go on a run and we don't, that's it.
whats worse is this team is completely stuck in the mud making no ground.

we keep hearing the same ******** after every loss, "we need 60mins, blah blah blah"...

from the very beginning of the season till now the team is making no progress or even signs of making progress towards a consistent team, which is what wins cups.

the only thing this team is building towards is front row seats at the local pub for viewing the first round of the PO's.

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:34 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
i thought Testwuide was playing for McGinn. Knuble was already in the lineup with McGinn. They called up Testwuide and he played over McGinn.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:37 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
2 steps forward one step back. one step forward, one step back.
Just think if they didnt rally back against Winnipeg. Tonight might have been it for Lavy.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Qyburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I don't see them selling or buying.
Neither do I.
Quote:
This is the make it or break it year for Lavy.
Why, because he's been given such a polished perfect set of tools and it would be unforgivable if their performance was mediocre?

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Qyburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Tied for 8th, but with 3 more games played. There's several teams below the flyers who are in better shape % wise. Just looking at the raw points # doesn't tell the full story.
What's the "full story"?

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote