HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Rumor Mill

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2006, 04:21 PM
  #51
walsy37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
how do you navigate around this hockey nations . com to find rumors and this code guy?

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:23 PM
  #52
Isles Never Quit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
How much do you think we could sign Oleg Kvasha for?

Seems like a decent 2nd line winger. And he's HUGE!

Isles Never Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 05:43 PM
  #53
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatsnHeels View Post
How much do you think we could sign Oleg Kvasha for?

Seems like a decent 2nd line winger. And he's HUGE!
he also doesn't play physical at all and disapears for decades on the ice.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:06 PM
  #54
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
So how good was code in predicting the 3 Habs moves today?

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:58 PM
  #55
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
So how good was code in predicting the 3 Habs moves today?
Terrible, but to his defense, he did mention that anything he hears about the Habs comes from other teams, because the Habs and the Avs are the two teams that don't leak ANYTHING.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
  #56
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
So how good was code in predicting the 3 Habs moves today?
As Code said many time himself , he 's not there to predict the trade , but just to gives inside informations . He already said that Zednik was on the market , but didn't have no clue about the Habs wanting Johnson .

As you can read just before my post , The guuy already have said that the Habs and the AVS are the most difficult team to get inside infos .

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 11:06 AM
  #57
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,466
vCash: 500
I heard that Gainey is pushing hard to get Kronwall from the Wings. He's very high on him but so is Detroit. He's offering up a package including Aebischer but Detroit doesn't seem to be interested, although they are still talking.

Also don't expect Lang anymore. Doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Source: Friend of mine who works for the Habs as a promoter. He doesn't usually have an scoops or anything, and basically all he ever knows is stuff like this, which basically is nothing. Just thought I'd let you guys know that Gainey is at least looking around.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 12:10 PM
  #58
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I heard that Gainey is pushing hard to get Kronwall from the Wings. He's very high on him but so is Detroit. He's offering up a package including Aebischer but Detroit doesn't seem to be interested, although they are still talking.

Also don't expect Lang anymore. Doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Source: Friend of mine who works for the Habs as a promoter. He doesn't usually have an scoops or anything, and basically all he ever knows is stuff like this, which basically is nothing. Just thought I'd let you guys know that Gainey is at least looking around.
Dang. Kronwall is extremely intriguing. As long as he is fully recovered from his leg injury. That said, he seems unattainable to me. Props to Gainey for even trying though.

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
  #59
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Wow Kronwall. Forget that.

Mind you, the Wings think very highly of Andrei Kostitsyn. Jim Nill was the leading Kosty supporter (along with Woodlief) heading into the 2003 draft.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:32 PM
  #60
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,791
vCash: 500
hahahahahah, my friend showed me this from allducks.com

A three way deal between Montreal, Detroit and Anaheim.

Montreal gets:
JS Giguere
Jason Williams
Tomas Kopecky

Detroit gets:
David Aebischer
Sheldon Souray
Corey Perry

Anaheim gets:
Robert Lang
Valtteri Filppula
Andrei Kostityn
Corey Locke



I laughed. A LOT.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:31 AM
  #61
MacHabs93
Registered User
 
MacHabs93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45 View Post
hahahahahah, my friend showed me this from allducks.com

A three way deal between Montreal, Detroit and Anaheim.

Montreal gets:
JS Giguere
Jason Williams
Tomas Kopecky

Detroit gets:
David Aebischer
Sheldon Souray
Corey Perry

Anaheim gets:
Robert Lang
Valtteri Filppula
Andrei Kostityn
Corey Locke



I laughed. A LOT.
OMG we get another #1.5 goalie and 2 3rd line scrubs for ONLY Souray + Kostitsyn + Locke + Aebi?

Where do I sign?!!!!111one111!

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
  #62
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Anybody saw Code's rumors again?

He said that MTL offered Sheldon Souray for Robert Lang. Habs also ask for a prospect (Hudler). Kings and Sharks are also interested in Souray.

I tought that ******** was finished....

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
  #63
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45 View Post
hahahahahah, my friend showed me this from allducks.com

A three way deal between Montreal, Detroit and Anaheim.

Montreal gets:
JS Giguere
Jason Williams
Tomas Kopecky

Detroit gets:
David Aebischer
Sheldon Souray
Corey Perry

Anaheim gets:
Robert Lang
Valtteri Filppula
Andrei Kostityn
Corey Locke



I laughed. A LOT.
Wow that's awful. How does trading Aebischer for Giguere help us, though I think Giguere is better, that would mean somethign along the lines of $7 million used up for goaltenders. (3 for Huet, ~3.2 for Giguere, .6 for Danis).

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 04:45 PM
  #64
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,928
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn View Post
Anybody saw Code's rumors again?

He said that MTL offered Sheldon Souray for Robert Lang. Habs also ask for a prospect (Hudler). Kings and Sharks are also interested in Souray.

I tought that ******** was finished....
yeah i find it nonesense they dont want a defenseman.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 04:57 PM
  #65
Dogbert*
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik View Post
yeah i find it nonesense they dont want a defenseman.
Unless, of course, they'd be flipping a couple of forwards for a better defenseman after making the aforementioned trade...

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
  #66
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Eklund says that Carter and Peca have offers from Montreal on the table.... this is weird

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 05:14 PM
  #67
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn View Post
Eklund says that Carter and Peca have offers from Montreal on the table.... this is weird
Then Gainey would have to have some salary dump in mind, because another $3m from either of them (maybe a bit less for Carter) would pretty much push us over the cap combined with Ryder's contract (settled by arbitration or not).

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 05:25 PM
  #68
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn View Post
Eklund says that Carter and Peca have offers from Montreal on the table.... this is weird
Throw enough **** at a wall and eventually some of it is gonna stick.

Eklund isn't stupid. He knows that throwing large markets into rumors will give his website more hits than if he was making stuff up about Nashville and Florida.

The deal on these Code and Eklund guys has been out for ages. They're provided with one valid rumor (and im not saying a valid rumor is one that happens, I mean it as a rumor coming from a legitimate source) every two to three days and make up ******** in the interim or else they simply wouldn't have enough material to support their fanbase.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 05:51 PM
  #69
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Throw enough **** at a wall and eventually some of it is gonna stick.

Eklund isn't stupid. He knows that throwing large markets into rumors will give his website more hits than if he was making stuff up about Nashville and Florida.

The deal on these Code and Eklund guys has been out for ages. They're provided with one valid rumor (and im not saying a valid rumor is one that happens, I mean it as a rumor coming from a legitimate source) every two to three days and make up ******** in the interim or else they simply wouldn't have enough material to support their fanbase.

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 06:01 PM
  #70
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
If I ever need to borrow one, you'll be the first I turn to... don't worry. You come off as the kind of guy that needs a one to get noticed.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 07:31 PM
  #71
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Throw enough **** at a wall and eventually some of it is gonna stick.

Eklund isn't stupid. He knows that throwing large markets into rumors will give his website more hits than if he was making stuff up about Nashville and Florida.

The deal on these Code and Eklund guys has been out for ages. They're provided with one valid rumor (and im not saying a valid rumor is one that happens, I mean it as a rumor coming from a legitimate source) every two to three days and make up ******** in the interim or else they simply wouldn't have enough material to support their fanbase.
Your opinion is more radical than mine, but I agree.
I can't understand how there's stupid rumors like that when we pertinally know that our roster won't substantially change until the 1st faceoff against Buffalo in October.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 02:26 PM
  #72
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,466
vCash: 500
Rumours:

Gainey will not trade Ryder.

Ribeiro has no interest around the league. Teams who are looking for centres are currently looking at Briere/Gomez. Perhaps later, there will be interest for Ribeiro.

Source: One of code's friends. He called a few things before, most recently called the Y. Tremblay to VAN way before anyone. Seems pretty reputable. Plus this is super minor stuff anyways.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
  #73
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,466
vCash: 500
Okay code has some interesting news.

He says despite what Gainey says, he's not done. He thinks Ryder will be moved. Says the Habs are still after Lang, but another team is pursuing Lang and Gainey will not offer much. He says he wouldn't be surprised if we got Briere. Also Gainey is interested in York.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 11:54 AM
  #74
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,215
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Okay code has some interesting news.

He says despite what Gainey says, he's not done. He thinks Ryder will be moved. Says the Habs are still after Lang, but another team is pursuing Lang and Gainey will not offer much. He says he wouldn't be surprised if we got Briere. Also Gainey is interested in York.
York would be a total waste.Why the hell should we pay 3 million for York when Ribeiro can problably give us the same amount of production for 1 million less.If im Gainey the only guy I would wanna trade for would be Gomez.Forget Briere and Lang

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
  #75
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Briere would be a good addition but a costly one.

And i would hate to see Souray go.. it's not like we have a ton good dmen.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.