Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Tonights danes in action.

Ottawa vs Montreal. Again hope to see Regin back on the roster, and that Eller can continue producing. Probably will be a tight match that could go into OT.
Dallas vs Nashville. Big question if Philip Larsen is ready after his headgash. Can Dallas hold it together defensively with so many d-men injured, because it's hard to score many goals on Nashville.

Hope that Eller can produce at least a point tonight after last nights danish low.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:07 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Yeah, Eller is a big boy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
He has the strangest body type lol massive legs kind of thick, chubbish upper body yet somehow has abs. Wonder if these tree trunk legs are typical of Danish men.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:34 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yeah Frans Nielsen has been goal-jinxed all season. Only 4 goals in Lukko and only 2 goals so far in NHL. He might have a hidden fatigue injury (?) in the hands or shoulders that makes his shot is weaker than before?
Otherwise it's just the classic scoring drought that can suddenly hit even great goalscorers (Fernando Torres for example). You start doubting yourself and then react to slowly or over-think the situation making it more complicated than it is?!

With a Vancouver 8-3 loss the Luongo talk will start again. From shutout to 8 goals against (only 20 saved out of 28). Really day and night performances. You are probably still fuming over it......you have to explain it away with a conspiracy theory, right
Hehe well Nielsen just really needs to fix this! I think we might have heard something if so. How is his CorsiCoQ? Anyone know? Might help us determine what's up. Maybe it's like with Regin? bad luck

Quote:
Tonights danes in action.

Ottawa vs Montreal. Again hope to see Regin back on the roster, and that Eller can continue producing. Probably will be a tight match that could go into OT.
Dallas vs Nashville. Big question if Philip Larsen is ready after his headgash. Can Dallas hold it together defensively with so many d-men injured, because it's hard to score many goals on Nashville.

Hope that Eller can produce at least a point tonight after last nights danish low.
Good on ya Second star for Regin and a SO Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
He has the strangest body type lol massive legs kind of thick, chubbish upper body yet somehow has abs. Wonder if these tree trunk legs are typical of Danish men.

Haha yeah it looks funny Mega thighs and a pot belly underneath all those muscles

I think his trunks have been caught from a bad angle, making them look a bit odd.
But his pot belly is prolly due to the fact that he eats a high protein meal to sustain the muscle

All I know is that he is STRONG!

Haha well I have big Thighs, but im half Canadian, don't know if that counts

Old
02-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Second star for Regin and a SO Goal
Good that Peter Regin got some success. Philip Larsen didn't play and no danish point tonight since shootout goals doesn't count (not even the game winning ones).

How was Lars Eller and Montreal? Slump or are Ottawa just that good for the moment?
Actually amazing that Ottawa keeps winning with all their key injuries.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:57 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Good that Peter Regin got some success. Philip Larsen didn't play and no danish point tonight since shootout goals doesn't count (not even the game winning ones).

How was Lars Eller and Montreal? Slump or are Ottawa just that good for the moment?
Actually amazing that Ottawa keeps winning with all their key injuries.
AFAIK:

Eller played a good game but was -1. But from the Habs board it looks like he was good..

Montreal were good, looks like Ottawa stole this one. Bishop stopped 44 out of 45 shots!

Ottawa only had 24s compared to Montreals 45.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Justinov

Tonights games has another dane-on-dane infight:
Vancouver vs Phoenix. Both teams came from a defeat where they let in quite a lot of goals. So some points would be nice, thank you.
Dallas vs. Columbus. Unsure of Philip Larsen will play this.
NY Islanders vs Boston. Another tough game for NYI.

So I predict Vancouver, Columbus in OT (they will be happy to be home after a road trip) and Boston victories....

Old
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Bank

Quote:
Vancouver vs Phoenix. Both teams came from a defeat where they let in quite a lot of goals. So some points would be nice, thank you.

So I predict Vancouver, Columbus in OT (they will be happy to be home after a road trip) and Boston victories....
Columbus without Wisniewski(?), Dubinsky and Johnson I think.
Dallas is 1-15-3 or something like that on second nights of back-to-backs and 2-6-1 without Lehtonen. Is it possible for a game to implode and disappear from the schedule?

Going with a tight Phoenix-Vancouver game with a 'Nucks win and a Boston win for the other two.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Columbus without Wisniewski(?), Dubinsky and Johnson I think.
Dallas is 1-15-3 or something like that on second nights of back-to-backs and 2-6-1 without Lehtonen. Is it possible for a game to implode and disappear from the schedule?

Going with a tight Phoenix-Vancouver game with a 'Nucks win and a Boston win for the other two.
My tip is based on my own simple "pocket psychology". Columbus are a losing team being beating on the road and having trouble wih injuries. No one expects anything so they might fight extra hard at this one home game before they go on the road again....
..and history is not kind as you say with Dallas in these kind of games (I didn't know this so thanks for the info).

Imploding games.... (maybe if they played in an undersea dome that cracked). Maybe a new NHL team called "Atlantic"/"Pacific" Dolphins playing on a rink with a huge aquarium above everyone heads full of dolphins?
You need a super-rich crazy guy (rich makes him eccentric instead) for a team like that happen....then you could feed the dolphins with fish everytime the home-team scores

Old
02-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Justinov

Quote:

Predictions only went half way.
Win by Phoenix over Vancouver and a great game for Mikkel Bødker with 1G 1A and 1'st star of the game. A bit lucky with the goal, but you only get lucky if you actually shoot. He had another shot that was nicely saved by Schneider.
Jannik Hansen was +1 inspite of the defeat.
Philip Larsen didn't play for Dallas that actually managed an OT over Columbus.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Justinov

Only dane on tonight is Lars Eller in Montreal vs Toronto. See if Montreal can come back from their defeat against Ottawa. I think they can.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:42 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Only dane on tonight is Lars Eller in Montreal vs Toronto. See if Montreal can come back from their defeat against Ottawa. I think they can.
Montreal won 5-2 over Toronto, but no points for Lars Eller that was -1.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Justinov

Frederik Andersen keeps playing very well in the AHL. He was 1'st star again in a 2-1 win for Norfolk and has now 93,2% in saves.
He has 1,17 GAA and 96,0% in the last 5 games.

Only Robin Lehner with 93.8% is better in AHL and Braden Holtby also has 93,2%. He was upgraded to Washington and just made a shutout the other day (not so lucky against Philadelphia).
Such a shame he didn't stay in Carolina....he might have been playing a few times now!
Hope he can keep it up the rest of the season. Then his chances might look better next season depending on what Anaheim does.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Bank

Quote:
Frederik Andersen keeps playing very well in the AHL. He was 1'st star again in a 2-1 win for Norfolk and has now 93,2% in saves.
He has 1,17 GAA and 96,0% in the last 5 games.

Only Robin Lehner with 93.8% is better in AHL and Braden Holtby also has 93,2%. He was upgraded to Washington and just made a shutout the other day (not so lucky against Philadelphia).
Such a shame he didn't stay in Carolina....he might have been playing a few times now!
Hope he can keep it up the rest of the season. Then his chances might look better next season depending on what Anaheim does.
Anaheim must be feeling good with Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Bobkov and Gibson as pieces that within 2-4 years should provide them with 2 solid goaltenders, a solid AHL goaltender and 2 pieces of attractive trade baits.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Anaheim must be feeling good with Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Bobkov and Gibson as pieces that within 2-4 years should provide them with 2 solid goaltenders, a solid AHL goaltender and 2 pieces of attractive trade baits.
Yeah.....it's very solid. So who will they trade and when is the big question.
But if Hiller and Fasth stays and with Gibson in AHL soon it looks tough for him.
So at this point I hope he gets traded if Hiller stays. If Hiller gets traded he has a chance, but I doubt they are willing to bet on Fasth yet as 1'st goalie.
Just figured out that Carolina only had Cam Ward when this season started, so they brought in Dan Ellis as backup goalie from Anaheim of all places (I had missed that).
So if Andersen had stayed in Carolina he could have played a few matches already!

Old
02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Bank

Quote:
But if Hiller and Fasth stays and with Gibson in AHL soon it looks tough for him.
So at this point I hope he gets traded if Hiller stays. If Hiller gets traded he has a chance, but I doubt they are willing to bet on Fasth yet as 1'st goalie.
Just figured out that Carolina only had Cam Ward when this season started, so they brought in Dan Ellis as backup goalie from Anaheim of all places (I had missed that).
So if Andersen had stayed in Carolina he could have played a few matches already!
Well the lord works in mysterious ways I've been told... Maybe he can crack this in a way that gives Frederik Andersen a NHL career somewhere In hockey things can change quickly.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
So at this point I hope he gets traded if Hiller stays. If Hiller gets traded he has a chance, but I doubt they are willing to bet on Fasth yet as 1'st goalie
The extension for Fasth meant that they're betting on him to be a starting goalie, Hiller is pretty much gone. It's still a bit of a gamble since Fasth is not a proven option but they really do need more cap space that bad. And I think they are comfortable betting on Fasth because long-term Gibson is a franchise goalie in their minds already.

So with Hiller gone, Gibson getting some seasoning in the AHL and Bobkov not even in the picture at this point (he's a long-shot to make the NHL and even if he does so it will take years) I think everything will work out pretty well for Andersen as he should be on the Ducks' roster as Fasth's backup as soon as next season.

This is how it all looks like as of today.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Bank

Notable stats for tonight:

Ottawa @ Boston -

Ottawa is 3-5 on the road vs. Boston 4-2 at home. According to NHL.com Regin is a changed player after returning from his injury. Quite literally. He's now a denfenseman

Quote:
Injury report: Defenseman Peter Regin (upper body) returned to the Senators' lineup Monday
New York Islanders vs. Toronto -

Islanders is 2-8 at home while Toronto is 8-4 on the road. Ouch. Nielsen is on line with Bailey and Okposo pr. Mark Masters. First meeting this year gave 11 goals.

Dallas vs. Edmonton -

Kari Lehtonen's back but no Philip Larsen it would seem. To bad. Dallas has won like 11 out of last 12 matches against Edmonton - Including twice this year.

Phoenix vs. Minnesota -

Minnesota is 2-6 on the road while Phoenix is 6-4 at home. Since his double point night Boedker is now the leading scorer on the Phoenix team. Last meeting between the two teams ended with a 2-1 win for Phoenix so don't expect a point festival.

So... It all means nothing when the puck is dropped Let's hope some good Danish nights and perhaps a goal or two

Old
03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Since his double point night Boedker is now the leading scorer on the Phoenix team. Last meeting between the two teams ended with a 2-1 win for Phoenix so don't expect a point festival.

So... It all means nothing when the puck is dropped Let's hope some good Danish nights and perhaps a goal or two
Bødker was again the only dane with points. No goals but two assists brings him up to 4G 11A but Phoenix lost to Minnesota 4-3. He was still -1 inspite of his 2 points.
NY Islanders lost 5-4 in OT to Toronto. Again no points to Frans Nielsen, but very positive that he was +1 that game.
Peter Regin and Ottawa lost in OT 2-1 to Boston and Regin was -1.
Philip Larsen didn't play for Dallas and they lost 5-1 to Edmonton.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:41 AM
BalticWarrior

Looks like Peter Regin will play on 4th with Daugavins tomorrow(atleast according to Flyers pre-game GDT),so it looks like the Danish-Latvian connection time has come

Old
03-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Looks like Peter Regin will play on 4th with Daugavins tomorrow(atleast according to Flyers pre-game GDT),so it looks like the Danish-Latvian connection time has come
Finally......both with a shootout winner, but still no regular goals and both with 2 assists in 14 games. Are they twins?
Regin has -2 and Daugavins -6, but otherwise it's very close also in average playing time 11.48 vs 11.11 min.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Finally......both with a shootout winner, but still no regular goals and both with 2 assists in 14 games. Are they twins?
Regin has -2 and Daugavins -6, but otherwise it's very close also in average playing time 11.48 vs 11.11 min.
I`ve noticed atleast two more danish and latvian players that strike me as oddly similiar(although Daugavins and Regin playing syle is different)
Rihards Bukarts and Ehlers are VERY similiar players and Robby Lipsbergs i have heard beeing compared as bit of less version of Bjorkstrand(which i tend to agree)

Old
03-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I`ve noticed atleast two more danish and latvian players that strike me as oddly similiar(although Daugavins and Regin playing syle is different)
Rihards Bukarts and Ehlers are VERY similiar players and Robby Lipsbergs i have heard beeing compared as bit of less version of Bjorkstrand(which i tend to agree)
Yeah...strange coincidences! So what about Girgensons and Nicklas Jensen?
Well they are both big, but not that similar in playing style?!
Nicklas Jensen is in SEL to learn the defensive game...which is already a major asset for Girgensons.

Last edited by Justinov: 03-01-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 12:00 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah...strange coincidences! So what about Girgensons and Nicklas Jensen?
Well they are both big, but not that similar in playing style?!
Well honestly dont know much about Jensen give me quick scouting report so i can compare
F.e Girgensons is a two way forward who is very good defensively,but has plenty of offensive touch,good at physical play,good at draws,very hard working player.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Bank

If nobody else is going to notice the great night last night I am! 2 point by Eller, 1 point by Boedker and 1 goal and 1 assist by Jannik Hansen. Didn't see any of the games but it's been a long since three Danes delivered 5 points in one night in the NHL. GREAT NIGHT!

Stats:

Boedker: 4+12=16p, 21g - Boedker is on a hot streak with five points in three games now.
Eller: 2+9=11p, 19g
Frans Nielsen: 2+8=10p, 21g
Jannik Hansen: 4+5=9p, 19g
Regin: 0+2=2p, 15g
Philip Larsen: 1+0=1p, 12g

Take the good as well as the bad. Well last night was some of the good

Old
03-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Justinov

Quote:
If nobody else is going to notice the great night last night I am! 2 point by Eller, 1 point by Boedker and 1 goal and 1 assist by Jannik Hansen. Didn't see any of the games but it's been a long since three Danes delivered 5 points in one night in the NHL. GREAT NIGHT!

Stats:

Boedker: 4+12=16p, 21g - Boedker is on a hot streak with five points in three games now.
Eller: 2+9=11p, 19g
Frans Nielsen: 2+8=10p, 21g
Jannik Hansen: 4+5=9p, 19g
Regin: 0+2=2p, 15g
Philip Larsen: 1+0=1p, 12g

Take the good as well as the bad. Well last night was some of the good
Finally some flow from the danish players.
Regin was also +1 so on ice for Ottawa's only goal (with Greening and Daugavins - also +1).
Jannik Hansen was +3! Lars Eller +1 and Mikkel Bødker -1.
Nice goal from Jannik Hansen.

Closed Thread