HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 06:02 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Cujomi;60154545]I think it's like what SlapJack described in a sense. An AHL-lite to an NHL-lite. I agree with his decision as he is going to be the go-to guy on his team on defence for the next season where he can play, as he said, 25 - 30 minutes a game. That would maybe not be the case in the SEL if he were to join an already established middle to top team.

Also had a chance to watch Ceci's last two games. He's starting to look a lot better out there and is playing very well. Can't wait to see if he can crack the roster out of camp next year (not expecting it).[/QUOTE]

It should be interesting, I'm not expecting Gonchar to be back & so it opens up that 2nd pairing right shot which is exactly what Ceci is. Karlsson is the 1st pairing right shot & I think Gryba could be the 3rd pairing right shot. Methot, Cowen, Phillips, Wiercioch & Boroweicki are all left shots.

My guess is that Phillips probably plays the right side & Ceci sent to Bingo for a while to see how he handles the speed & physical play of the pro game. Murray could also trade a defenceman in a package to get a more experienced right shot too.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:56 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I gather you don't agree with Wikstrand's choice? What are your opinions about this steffe?
Well, he had so many teams interested in him that he could dictate the terms of an SEL move himself. It's not uncommon for teams to guarantee ice-time for a top prospect like that and I'm certain that happened here as well. While it obviously shows something noble that he passed up on increased salary and whatever increased fame and glamour a move to a bigger club would be, I don't like that he is making what I view as a lateral move with a risk of stagnating.

He's already playing both special teams and a lot of minutes this year in the SEL-2. He's already put up a fair amount of points. Unless he starts to absolutely dominate the league, there's not many steps upwards he could take after being the no. 1 guy for one of the better teams.

I would've much rather have him play 20 in the SEL next year than 25 in the SEL-2, but it is what it is. He clearly knew what he wanted, turning down all the offers to stay another year at home and be comfortable.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Well, he had so many teams interested in him that he could dictate the terms of an SEL move himself. It's not uncommon for teams to guarantee ice-time for a top prospect like that and I'm certain that happened here as well. While it obviously shows something noble that he passed up on increased salary and whatever increased fame and glamour a move to a bigger club would be, I don't like that he is making what I view as a lateral move with a risk of stagnating.

He's already playing both special teams and a lot of minutes this year in the SEL-2. He's already put up a fair amount of points. Unless he starts to absolutely dominate the league, there's not many steps upwards he could take after being the no. 1 guy for one of the better teams.

I would've much rather have him play 20 in the SEL next year than 25 in the SEL-2, but it is what it is. He clearly knew what he wanted, turning down all the offers to stay another year at home and be comfortable.
You don't see it in a similar light to what Silfverberg did last year? Staying an extra year to really dominate and become that 'go-to' player on the team?

Old
02-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
You don't see it in a similar light to what Silfverberg did last year? Staying an extra year to really dominate and become that 'go-to' player on the team?
Difference being different leagues. Dominating the SEL2 is not the same as dominating the SEL. I would like to see him playing the highest level, but trust he is doing what he thinks is best.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:12 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Difference here is there being a logical step upwards close to home. With Silfver it was either stay and attempt to dominate or cross the Atlantic before he felt he was ready for the NHL.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:52 PM
playasRus

Wasn't silf 21 dominating sel and isn't wilks 19 dominating sel2?

Old
02-22-2013, 05:25 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Wasn't silf 21 dominating sel and isn't wilks 19 dominating sel2?
20 points first 20-ish games, 2 points since. Something like that.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:41 PM
mianjo

Noesen 2a
Puempel 1g

Old
02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Dzingel and McCormick both scored tonight in a big game vs. Michigan. 5-3 loss, Trouba had 1+2. Winnipeg made a great pick there.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Never heard of them ever in my life.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:05 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
Never heard of them ever in my life.
You know, there's this thing called the internet. You should use it.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:57 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I didn't realize this till I looked it up but Dzingel is 2nd overall in points in CCHA conference play. Pretty impressive. Ahead of guys like TJ Tynan, Anders Lee and Mario Lucia.

Jeff Costello is on that list too with 18 pts in 19 conference games. 23 in 25 total. Didn't realize he was having such a good season.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:34 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I didn't realize this till I looked it up but Dzingel is 2nd overall in points in CCHA conference play. Pretty impressive. Ahead of guys like TJ Tynan, Anders Lee and Mario Lucia.

Jeff Costello is on that list too with 18 pts in 19 conference games. 23 in 25 total. Didn't realize he was having such a good season.
Shouldn't McCormick be up there as well, it seems to me that he has been on a bit of a tear recently, all yr really? Two good late round pick ups by Murray & company, they just keep stocking the shelves.

I really like Cole Schneider's game, he is starting to pick it up as he is given more ice time in Bingo.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Joe Pesky
#peskysens

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
20 points first 20-ish games, 2 points since. Something like that.
That's interesting. Having not seen any of the games, I wonder if his stats benefited from Kopitar (and any other NHLers or displaced SEL players on Mora)? Maybe, he knows that he's not ready to move up a level.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by House That Rod Built View Post
That's interesting. Having not seen any of the games, I wonder if his stats benefited from Kopitar (and any other NHLers or displaced SEL players on Mora)? Maybe, he knows that he's not ready to move up a level.
I am too lazy to go through all the boxscores right now but just picking out of memory he had lots of points before Kopitar (and definitely before Ryan) even arrived, and not an abnormally high number of points with them factoring in. A little bit of that, of course, but also injuries to some other forwards and mostly unreal luck to start the year.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:06 PM
mianjo

Puempel 1g
Ceci 1g
Noesen 1g

Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Noesen is going to be one of those invaluable guys in the playoffs. I see him being an absolute monster in the post season.
One thing I remember from that draft was the comparison TSN gave to Noeson. It was Maxim Lapierre. I may be out of the loop here but I don't see it at all.

Anyways, I agree. I love the way he plays.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:01 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
One thing I remember from that draft was the comparison TSN gave to Noeson. It was Maxim Lapierre. I may be out of the loop here but I don't see it at all.

Anyways, I agree. I love the way he plays.
He was compared to Bobby Holik, Maxim Lapierre and Corey Perry. Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Having seen him play though, I do not even know where the hell the Lapierre comparison even was brought up from. Corey Perry makes so much sense and I'm not saying that cause of Perry's success.

And yea, he is as clutch as they come. Always performs well in pressure situations and raises his game. The one thing people and fans will love about his game is that when he isn't scoring, he knows his limits and still plays a strong smart game like using his linemates wisely and playing the simple plays and shutting down the other lines. His IQ is really high. He just needs to work on his skating and he'll be a bonafide top 6er.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:21 AM
playasRus

Lapierre was basically PPG in his junior days and was always a chippy guy so it's not like the comparison is that bad. Only difference is we're hoping Noesen's game translates a bit better as a power forward vs a Chris Neil type pest, but to be honest, I'd be plenty happy if one day he was able to bring as much as Neil does.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:27 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I think the reason the Lapierre comparison bugs Sens fans so much is a huge part of his game is him being a gutless little punk, which Noesen isn't at all lol

Old
02-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Jp20

has anyone watched puempel? how has he looked after he got back from the injury??

Old
02-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Greeningfan14

I see Noesen as a 20-25 goal guy who gets under opponents' skin all the time

Old
02-24-2013, 03:08 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
I think the reason the Lapierre comparison bugs Sens fans so much is a huge part of his game is him being a gutless little punk, which Noesen isn't at all lol
Sens vets would straighten that out in a hurry, can't stand that whining SOB, but I doubt he is anything like that. From what I have seen he is a hard worker, he hits, plays a good two way game, is hard to play against & is tenacious on the forecheck. It will be interesting which guy ends up on the 2nd line & which one ends up on the 3rd line between Noesen & Stone although Stone has 1st line potential.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:54 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Hello.

Do any of you guys have any reports about Fredrik Claesson? I was wondering how he was doing. His points doesn't really tell the story about a defensive defenseman.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Hello.

Do any of you guys have any reports about Fredrik Claesson? I was wondering how he was doing. His points doesn't really tell the story about a defensive defenseman.
Others would be better to update, but as far as I know he's adjusted well to the game over here and his responsibility has grown over the course of the season as Binghamton's roster has turned into Ottawa's roster. As far as I can tell, if anything, he's exceeded expectations at least a little.

In one of his first games here this season he laid a guy out along the boards and had to answer in a fight, and he ended up destroying the guy he fought quickly and easily. For a newcomer to the fighting game, it can kind of turn heads.

All in all I expect the org is happy with his play, doubt there's much for disappointment. If all goes well he's probably on a 2-3 year track to the NHL, but the closer he gets, the harder it gets. Just maybe he debuts sometime next year as a call-up if things keep going well.

Closed Thread