HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nazem Kadri

Old
02-26-2013, 01:56 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Are leafs fans done patting themselves on the back or should we keep praising kadri?
Guess you don't comment in many break out prospect threads...

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:51 AM
kihei

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
leafs fans backlash that not everyone thinks he's a god. Keep in mind It's been 15 games and he has a lot to prove yet
That's true, but he had another pair of beauty assists tonight. Hard not to be at least a little impressed with his skill level so far.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:33 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostilebynature View Post
Obviously he's not available...But humour me...

What's he worth now, with he way he's been playing all season?
Whats Sam Gagner worth . He been playing better all year . Let me guess he a bust, while your player is great . 18 game does not make a player . If he keeps up his play for a year or 2 he may be worth a lot , same as Sammy

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:40 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Here is another one

To Vancouver

Kadri + 1st in 2014

To Toronto

Luongo PLUS we will eat 2.65mil per year until he retires

win/ win
I have always liked Luongo , But with the length of his contract , If i am a Leaf fan i say no . If his contract was for 5 years i say maybe at the trade deadline

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:41 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Here is another one

To Vancouver

Kadri + 1st in 2014

To Toronto

Luongo PLUS we will eat 2.65mil per year until he retires

win/ win
If the Leafs goaltending hadn't been better than Vancouver's this year, then that's something that we should probably consider (nix the 1st, do 2nd+3rd).

However, so far this year, the Leafs have gotten better goaltending, from a pair of guys who make 1/4 of what Luongo/Schneider make, and who are on average, 4 years younger.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Kadri's strength is his Selke style defensive prowess. Hes a total stud who should fight more

I think the leafs are better off with a world class goalie who is most likely heading to the hall of fame.

We owe you one anyways for getting Mats Sundin to retire in Vancouver. Now you can have Luongo retire in Toronto.

win/win
You haven't watched him probably, so you have no clue what you're talking about. Kadri has really improved his defensive play, and why shouldn't he keep on fighting, won against hedman.

We don't WANT Luongo, we have goalies that are playing well for more than half of Luongo's cap hit. We don't give a **** if you think it is a win win or you owe us one, since doing this trade would mean you guys owe us twice.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:47 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostilebynature View Post
Obviously he's not available...But humour me...

What's he worth now, with he way he's been playing all season?
Huge bust. Will never play in the NHL.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:50 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Not for sale, thank you.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Hes not worth a lot right now as he is unproven. Probably better to just hold onto him

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:58 AM
The Saurus

Am I ever happy that he wasn't traded to Vancouver for Roberto Luongo.

However, if I had to trade Nazem Kadri, it would most likely be for another young player with significant upside.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Kadri's strength is his Selke style defensive prowess. Hes a total stud who should fight more

I think the leafs are better off with a world class goalie who is most likely heading to the hall of fame.

We owe you one anyways for getting Mats Sundin to retire in Vancouver. Now you can have Luongo retire in Toronto.

win/win
Perspective is everything. Try it sometime. Let me show you how it's done.

First Toronto doesn't need Kadri to be a Selke winner is he is going to be a 70 point player playing 14 minutes a night. Did I mention he's +7?

He's so bad defensively Toronto has dropped to 7th overall in GA/G with Reimer and Scrivens in net.

Of course they could trade for Luongo who has been lights out almost his entire career, except when he falls apart mentally and lets in a bunch. How do you think that is going to tanslate in Toronto considering Vancouver is a far superior defensive club?

Of course, it's also important to remember that Luongo is 34 and if he comes to the Leafs his services will most likely be needed in about 3 years when they are ready to challenge for a cup. One must wonder how good he'll be then if he's showing cracks now.

Not to mention Toronto will need to give up significant assets putting their rebuild back a couple years.

Then of course is Luongo's contract which the Leafs will be forced to eat even if he retires.

There's a reason Luongo is still a Canuck. Fact is no one wants to pay the price and absorb that contract.

The UFA market is ripe with goalies this summer. Half the contract of Luongo will get almost any of them. Since Leafs aren't winning the cup this year -- wouldn't it make sense for them to wait rather than give up a truckload of young players and picks? I mean, it makes sense and all, but I sure do like your idea of trading our best young player and the leading scorer of our team, so we can blow it up and take a run at the cup. I just hope Luongo can carry a much inferior team to the cup before he blows up. Also, wonder if he gives up 8 in Vancouver -- would he give up 12 here?

I hope this makes sense to you and other Vancouver fans cause I can't underline how stupid it would be for a rebuilding team to give a chunk of their youth for an aging Luongo. Not to say he wouldn't help but there are better options out there for rebuilding clubs.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:05 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Am I ever happy that he wasn't traded to Vancouver for Roberto Luongo.

However, if I had to trade Nazem Kadri, it would most likely be for another young player with significant upside.
Why trade him? He can score, pass, dangle, plays fiesty, can hit... Players with moxie that compete are not guys you trade. Give him time to get stronger and improve on the faceoffs and you'll have one heck of a player.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:14 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Why trade him? He can score, pass, dangle, plays fiesty, can hit... Players with moxie that compete are not guys you trade. Give him time to get stronger and improve on the faceoffs and you'll have one heck of a player.
I said if I had to, not that I wanted to. I wouldn't trade Nazem Kadri at this point. He's a very good player.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Zeroknowledge*

If Burke and Wilson were still there Kadri would have been playing elsewhere by now, they weren't willing to even give him a fair chance. It's funny how your management can sometimes be your worst enemy.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
If Burke and Wilson were still there Kadri would have been playing elsewhere by now, they weren't willing to even give him a fair chance. It's funny how your management can sometimes be your worst enemy.
Honestly I did not think Carlyle would of given him a chance but he has really impressed me this year. He seems to have a lot of patience with the young kids and is willing to give them every opportunity to impress him.

As for Kadri I only move him for a true number one C.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:59 AM
kihei

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Perspective is everything. Try it sometime. Let me show you how it's done.

First Toronto doesn't need Kadri to be a Selke winner is he is going to be a 70 point player playing 14 minutes a night. Did I mention he's +7?

He's so bad defensively Toronto has dropped to 7th overall in GA/G with Reimer and Scrivens in net.

Of course they could trade for Luongo who has been lights out almost his entire career, except when he falls apart mentally and lets in a bunch. How do you think that is going to tanslate in Toronto considering Vancouver is a far superior defensive club?

Of course, it's also important to remember that Luongo is 34 and if he comes to the Leafs his services will most likely be needed in about 3 years when they are ready to challenge for a cup. One must wonder how good he'll be then if he's showing cracks now.

Not to mention Toronto will need to give up significant assets putting their rebuild back a couple years.

Then of course is Luongo's contract which the Leafs will be forced to eat even if he retires.

There's a reason Luongo is still a Canuck. Fact is no one wants to pay the price and absorb that contract.

The UFA market is ripe with goalies this summer. Half the contract of Luongo will get almost any of them. Since Leafs aren't winning the cup this year -- wouldn't it make sense for them to wait rather than give up a truckload of young players and picks? I mean, it makes sense and all, but I sure do like your idea of trading our best young player and the leading scorer of our team, so we can blow it up and take a run at the cup. I just hope Luongo can carry a much inferior team to the cup before he blows up. Also, wonder if he gives up 8 in Vancouver -- would he give up 12 here?

I hope this makes sense to you and other Vancouver fans cause I can't underline how stupid it would be for a rebuilding team to give a chunk of their youth for an aging Luongo. Not to say he wouldn't help but there are better options out there for rebuilding clubs.
I'd say that this puts the situation in perspective perfectlly. Great post.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:15 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Hes not worth a lot right now as he is unproven. Probably better to just hold onto him
By that logic no prospect has much value because they're relatively unproven.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
Future Mike Ribeiro
I think this is a very good comparison. A smart center with great hands who is looked at as a lower #1 C but always delivers points. I have always liked Kadri. Thought he should have been up a lil sooner but he looks ready now.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I'd say that this puts the situation in perspective perfectlly. Great post.
Agreed, though he has not mentioned that the Leafs goaltending this season has been everything anyone could ask for thus far this season. Luongo may not even be much of an upgrade between the pipes with the surprising way our netminders have been playing this season.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:34 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

If Naz were a scrap I would truly expect the Buds to get a 7th rounder

If he were a cast-off I really wouldn't accept more then a 9th rounder, it just wouldn't be right to expect more

I can see Kadri however being a spare-part in which case he should draw at least a 4th and perhaps even something as high as a 3rd

...but as a bust maybe the Leafs will be lucky to get out it with a 2nd

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:29 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
By that logic no prospect has much value because they're relatively unproven.
This is relatively true though. Which is why you see proven players going for multiple prospects and picks and rarely any one for ones. The guy has played less than a season in the NHL, there's is no guarantee he will reach his ceiling

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
contour

Leafs will not trade Kadri. His background and demographic attracts new Leaf fans from the GTA, which means more $$ for MLSE.

/tinhat

contour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:51 AM
daner

I stated this last night but I see a little Claude Giroux in Kadri. Its a long shot but the kid is three years younger and plays with that same edge.

daner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
caribouPINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by daner View Post
I stated this last night but I see a little Claude Giroux in Kadri. Its a long shot but the kid is three years younger and plays with that same edge.
In terms of puck skills, vision, creativity, feistyness and stick handling I agree, a lot of similiarties between the two.

However, Claude is a LOT stronger on his skates, he's very tough to knock off the puck, and he has a better shot.

Still, Kadri may get stronger with age and his shot could certainly become better (not that it's bad, it's just nothing special).

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:01 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
That's a joke. He's on pace for 70 points/82 games for his 1st full season. Don't worry, we have those so we don't need to take that terrible trade of Luongo for Kadri+1st either.

That's nice, but we are keeping him

That is an insult to kadri. Similar to Mike Ribiero is the perfect comparison without the controversy
Was this thread really necessary?

We all know that he's been great for these first 20 games. Can Leafs fans please stop treating the everyone else like they're retarded though. Stop treating this like it's a whole season, which it isn't. Stop saying things like "it's been over half a season"...we all know it's a shortened season.

Kadri is currently 15th among centres in points, and he's played the most games of any centre. Currently Kadri is in with a pool of similar young centres who are tearing it up: Conacher, Brunner, Hodgson, Schenn, Duchene, etc..

You don't trade a player like Kadri right now, because he hasn't played long enough to establish huge value; so you won't get fair value for him. There's no real point in this thread, other than to have a circle jerk for Leafs fans.

Edit: Also, nobody is buying that Kadri is a fighter. That "fight" against Hedman, where two other Leafs were holding Hedman and Kadri was throwing punches into the scrum does not count. The closest thing to a fight, at the pro level, I can find, is this fight, during an AHL game, against Shirokov, a 5'10'' Russian, which Kadri arguably losses after trying to headlock instead of fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9AaL1cg7b0

Last edited by blankall: 02-26-2013 at 12:08 PM.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote