HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#18 - 02/26/2013 | Winnipeg Jets @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM
  #26
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,043
vCash: 500
No way Bickel plays 4th line, it has to be Powe on the 4th and Miller, Boyle Kreider on the 3rd.

nevesis is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:12 AM
  #27
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
I think it is a huge deal that your going to keep someone in the lineup to play 3 minutes when you have a young guy who has offense potential going to waste.
MDZ is coming back off of an injury. Girardi is too. Staal is recovering from the flu. Having a 7th defenseman/12th forward dressed is not a bad idea.

And let's not act as if Kreider was lighting the world on fire with his play.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:14 AM
  #28
aemoreira1981
Registered User
 
aemoreira1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Can't see playing Bickel over Kreids
I can't see Kreids playing the 4th line though; as for why Kreider isn't being sent down...the Whale don't play again until Friday (home and home vs. Bridgeport).


Last edited by aemoreira1981: 02-26-2013 at 09:19 AM.
aemoreira1981 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:20 AM
  #29
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
MDZ is coming back off of an injury. Girardi is too. Staal is recovering from the flu. Having a 7th defenseman/12th forward dressed is not a bad idea.

And let's not act as if Kreider was lighting the world on fire with his play.
Even when Bickel is the 6th d man he gets 3 minutes his presence is useless at this point.

And yes it's difficult for Kreider to do anything special when isn't utilized in the appropriate ways.

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
  #30
aemoreira1981
Registered User
 
aemoreira1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Even when Bickel is the 6th d man he gets 3 minutes his presence is useless at this point.

And yes it's difficult for Kreider to do anything special when isn't utilized in the appropriate ways.
Kreider is probably competing with J.T. Miller for a lineup spot.

aemoreira1981 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
  #31
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Kreider is probably competing with J.T. Miller for a lineup spot.
And that's my point. He shouldn't be while mashinter and Bickel warm up the bench all night.

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
  #32
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Could the already mediocre NYR be any worse with Kreider playing 13-24-15 min plus a night and getting some kind of feel back into his game . Torts is really losing it .
On a separate note is really like to see PYatt impose his will a little bit more

Dorado* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
  #33
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Even when Bickel is the 6th d man he gets 3 minutes his presence is useless at this point.

And yes it's difficult for Kreider to do anything special when isn't utilized in the appropriate ways.
What's the appropriate way? He hasn't looked good. Should the Rangers just give him 20 minutes a night with Stepan and Hagelin and hope he comes out of it? Are you willing to lose games as he does nothing?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:30 AM
  #34
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
What's the appropriate way? He hasn't looked good. Should the Rangers just give him 20 minutes a night with Stepan and Hagelin and hope he comes out of it? Are you willing to lose games as he does nothing?
The appropriate way would to not play two fringe nhl players over him and if you do then send him to AHL

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
  #35
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
The appropriate way would to not play two fringe nhl players over him and if you do then send him to AHL
He should be in the AHL, I agree. He should not be playing over Mashinter on the 4th line. He has been fine and provides some toughness. Obviously Torts is not okay with the Rangers forwards being healthy. Maybe someone is banged up? Maybe Powe isn't 100% a go?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:35 AM
  #36
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He should be in the AHL, I agree. He should not be playing over Mashinter on the 4th line. He has been fine and provides some toughness. Obviously Torts is not okay with the Rangers forwards being healthy. Maybe someone is banged up? Maybe Powe isn't 100% a go?
Or think about the fact we haven't scored a goal now in over 60 minutes I'd prefer to have some one out there who actually has scored an NHL goal

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
  #37
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He should be in the AHL, I agree. He should not be playing over Mashinter on the 4th line. He has been fine and provides some toughness. Obviously Torts is not okay with the Rangers forwards being healthy. Maybe someone is banged up? Maybe Powe isn't 100% a go?
Should be playing over Bickel. put Powe on 4th line

Mio41 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:39 AM
  #38
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
It would be nice if Lundqvist had one of those games where he doesn,t let anything get past him.

Giacomin is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
  #39
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 500
Rangers have games in hand on 11 of the other 14 teams in the conference.

They have Winnipeg, Tampa, Sabres, Philly, Isles in the next 5 and then 3 out of the following 4 are against teams currently below them.

Its time to start getting points, right now. I dont care whos out and whos in. Step up to the plate and deliver. If they get through that stretch getting less than 10 points they are in major trouble

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
  #40
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Torts is outside his mind and wreaking of desperation

Dorado* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:47 AM
  #41
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Could the already mediocre NYR be any worse with Kreider playing 13-24-15 min plus a night and getting some kind of feel back into his game . Torts is really losing it .
On a separate note is really like to see PYatt impose his will a little bit more
Dorado, you're on a roll this morning! Keep preaching, maybe Tortorella will finally come to his senses and send some of that grit, jam, sandpaper back down to Hartford and start being an actual coach with a pulse for the team. Seems like he has given up and is holding on to his job security to me....Just my opinion. If he gets this team to score 2.75 G/G AND be somewhere in the vicinity of 22nd> on the PP, it will be a success, but until then, we are not going anywhere until we get a coach AND system change. No to Ruff, no to Gernander. We need someone who knows offense and can make in-game adjustments. Stop being a stubborn mule Torts!

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
  #42
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Or think about the fact we haven't scored a goal now in over 60 minutes I'd prefer to have some one out there who actually has scored an NHL goal
And playing Kreider 4 minutes is going to change that?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:51 AM
  #43
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
And playing Kreider 4 minutes is going to change that?
No but the chances of scoring a goal increase a lot more when you play him more.

I'm not trying to argue with you but we clearly have conflicting philosophies. Guys like Bickel and mashinter are not going to get this team going in my opinion. (And FYI I like Bickel)

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:51 AM
  #44
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
god our lineup looks terrible

KreiMeARiver* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:58 AM
  #45
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
Please, please, please eat at Nathans like you always do. We really need a win.

Fingers crossed Gaborik can pot a few.

Will this be the game Richards gets back on track?
Richards looked a little better last game. Maybe this is the start of a gradual improvement to where he needs to be.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:00 AM
  #46
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
No but the chances of scoring a goal increase a lot more when you play him more.

I'm not trying to argue with you but we clearly have conflicting philosophies. Guys like Bickel and mashinter are not going to get this team going in my opinion. (And FYI I like Bickel)
Which is funny, because I don't like Bickel.

I just feel that players have their roles. Expecting a 4th liner to provide any offense means the top-9 is not playing well. IMO, if you want to replace someone why not Richards? Let the 4th line play their 4-5 minutes and bring some energy.

This happened a couple of years ago as well when the team wasn't scoring. People started to get angry with Blair Betts and Jed Ortmeyer for not putting up points. Those types of players ave roles on the team. They fulfill those roles. If you are looking for more scoring look at the top-9.

Miller hasn't exactly been lighting it up. Same with Boyle. Pyatt. Richards. Gaborik. Those are the guys you look at.

Kreider is not a 4th line player.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:00 AM
  #47
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Rangers have games in hand on 11 of the other 14 teams in the conference.

They have Winnipeg, Tampa, Sabres, Philly, Isles in the next 5 and then 3 out of the following 4 are against teams currently below them.

Its time to start getting points, right now. I dont care whos out and whos in. Step up to the plate and deliver. If they get through that stretch getting less than 10 points they are in major trouble
Q: What’s the difference between Frequent Flyer Miles and the New York Rangers?
A: Frequent Flyer Miles earn points.

Mio41 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM
  #48
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
What's the appropriate way? He hasn't looked good. Should the Rangers just give him 20 minutes a night with Stepan and Hagelin and hope he comes out of it? Are you willing to lose games as he does nothing?
The last few games CK has pushed the issue and has drawn a few penalties. In addition, he has used his body a little more and has actually had the opponent running after him a little. You know what Avery used to do every game before the Gestapo had him run out of town. And now we really need a guy with his skill set, but I digress.

Kreider > Mash, Bickel, Miller, Boyle

Yet he watches tonight. Torts on a daily basis is making a case for having himself fired.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
  #49
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
The last few games CK has pushed the issue and has drawn a few penalties. In addition, he has used his body a little more and has actually had the opponent running after him a little. You know what Avery used to do every game before the Gestapo had him run out of town. And now we really need a guy with his skill set, but I digress.

Kreider > Mash, Bickel, Miller, Boyle

Yet he watches tonight. Torts on a daily basis is making a case for having himself fired.
I am probably one of Kreider's biggest fans. I watched him at BC for 3 years. However he has not been playing well. I understand letting him play through it but even in the AHL he has yet to be assertive. He looks like he did in his freshman season at BC. Still learning the defensive side of the puck which he is almost stressing too much. Considering he has done this once before at college, I have a hard time 100% blaming Torts.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:27 AM
  #50
NYROrtsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am probably one of Kreider's biggest fans. I watched him at BC for 3 years. However he has not been playing well. I understand letting him play through it but even in the AHL he has yet to be assertive. He looks like he did in his freshman season at BC. Still learning the defensive side of the puck which he is almost stressing too much. Considering he has done this once before at college, I have a hard time 100% blaming Torts.
Agreed... I understand people still remember the playoffs last year but Kreider has been garbage this year. And it's nobody's fault but his own for those people who want to blame Torts or Gernander.

The kid is just going through the motions most of the time out there. HE's not going in with the mentality that he WILL make a difference. He's not utilizing his skating abilities and he's not imposing his will. He should take a lesson from Callahan on the effort level. Throw in the fact that he's not the best passer in the world and it becomes that much clearer.

Bickel at least brings some toughness to the table where Kreider is bringing nothing right now. I don't agree with him sitting on the bench and I would send him down but I don't have an issue with him not playing for the Rangers right now.

NYROrtsFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.