HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2013 CIS Playoffs

Old
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
radapex

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRedsRule View Post
is it just me or is video feed horrendous? buffering, blurring, cutting in and out..
It's bad. On top of that, we miss 10-20 seconds of game play to watch slow motion replays after every stoppage.

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:17 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
is it just me or is video feed horrendous? buffering, blurring, cutting in and out..
Earlier in the game the announcers said they were dealing with some technical difficulties.

Agree about the replays...while they are nice once in awhile they are overdoing it a bit...almost like they just realized how to do them and are beating it to death.

How UNB ended up shorthanded after that scrum is a mystery to me...

Announcers also mentioned that some scouts for Dallas were at the AUC over the weekend to apparently see Carroll play.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:25 PM
cishockeyfan

i think its safe to say if UNB wins tomorrow night or is winning by a couple late, things are going to get nasty on the part of the Panthers. MaIsaac was a dirty goon all the 3rd period, hes head hunting and looking to hurt guys

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:27 PM
AUS Fan

I watched a good bit of the game. UPEI were a bit on the "rough" side for sure. It could be a gong show tomorrow if the score gets lopsided.

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 07:31 PM
cishockeyfan

Big Shout out to Ben Shutron, He's got his game back to where he was before his Femur injury good to see

Old
02-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Rob

Do they save these games anywhere?

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:11 PM
rocketfan

Mike Mcisac (SP) is deffinately a dirty hockey player I am a Panther fan but would love to see some1 level him UNB were head and shoulders the better team tonight. They also win by 4 tomorrow night

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
I'm waiting for the game film to come online so I can watch it. Want to see Cook punch the linesman.
Here's the footage from a fan.

http://www.lechodetroisrivieres.ca/2...-des-patriotes

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
Mike Mcisac (SP) is deffinately a dirty hockey player I am a Panther fan but would love to see some1 level him UNB were head and shoulders the better team tonight. They also win by 4 tomorrow night
Very physical game, huge hits all throughout.The winner is going to be banged all to s...t!

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:43 AM
FreddtFoyle

I like physical hockey, but the return of traditional "Island hockey" in this series is not something I'm enjoying. (For those not old enough to remember, it entails lots of greasy play, stick work, and compliant refs ... you know, "old school hockey." It is "fair play" since Islanders are scrappy underdogs taking on the world.) Didn't we all learn the lessons of that UdeM-UPEI incident a few years ago?

Island hockey is effective because their players won't drop their gloves after their dirty work along the boards or in the scrum, so you have to take an instigator penalty to get them to actually man-up on the ice (see Houde-Caron, Antoine v. MacIsaac, Mike, on Feb.6, 2013).

What I would like to see UNB do tonight is to first dress Chad Denny and put him on the wing like they did in the Jan. 19 game at Moncton. He can replace Dion Campbell if he can't go tonight after that checking from behind last night by Cole MacMillan, or else Salituro if Dion is able to play. Suggest to Denny that he take the body at every opportunity. Cleanly. If the Panthers retaliate, so be it, give Chad the green light to defend himself. The reality is that UNB is healthy scratching Denny most games now, so let him earn a suspension if need be.

At the same time, tell the WHOLE team to take the body for the entire first period. UNB is bigger than UPEI, so use that size advantage. The V-Reds did just that to Saskatchewan at Nationals in Moncton (2007 or 2008?) and surprised the feces out of the Huskies (and everyone in the stands). UofS never recovered in that game. I'd suspect a similar result with the Panthers.

If UPEI then retaliates and starts taking liberties, give the green light to Denny, Fillier, Houde-Caron, MacDougall, Swan and maybe Robertson (who's been absorbing a lot from Knox and company) to defend themselves and their teammates.

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Prov1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
I like physical hockey, but the return of traditional "Island hockey" in this series is not something I'm enjoying. (For those not old enough to remember, it entails lots of greasy play, stick work, and compliant refs ... you know, "old school hockey." It is "fair play" since Islanders are scrappy underdogs taking on the world.) Didn't we all learn the lessons of that UdeM-UPEI incident a few years ago?

Island hockey is effective because their players won't drop their gloves after their dirty work along the boards or in the scrum, so you have to take an instigator penalty to get them to actually man-up on the ice (see Houde-Caron, Antoine v. MacIsaac, Mike, on Feb.6, 2013).

What I would like to see UNB do tonight is to first dress Chad Denny and put him on the wing like they did in the Jan. 19 game at Moncton. He can replace Dion Campbell if he can't go tonight after that checking from behind last night by Cole MacMillan, or else Salituro if Dion is able to play. Suggest to Denny that he take the body at every opportunity. Cleanly. If the Panthers retaliate, so be it, give Chad the green light to defend himself. The reality is that UNB is healthy scratching Denny most games now, so let him earn a suspension if need be.

At the same time, tell the WHOLE team to take the body for the entire first period. UNB is bigger than UPEI, so use that size advantage. The V-Reds did just that to Saskatchewan at Nationals in Moncton (2007 or 2008?) and surprised the feces out of the Huskies (and everyone in the stands). UofS never recovered in that game. I'd suspect a similar result with the Panthers.

If UPEI then retaliates and starts taking liberties, give the green light to Denny, Fillier, Houde-Caron, MacDougall, Swan and maybe Robertson (who's been absorbing a lot from Knox and company) to defend themselves and their teammates.
Are you serious? Dress Denny just to allow him to drop the gloves? Denny already has a fighting major this year, so any further fighting major means he doesn't go to the Nationals (assuming that UNB wins tonight). With injuries and a limited bench, having players suspended for the National is not worth getting payback. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Denny rag doll either Knox or McIssaac! But, I am fan of Denny and would rather be at the Nationals!
Plus with UNB's size, they should be laying the body to UPEI

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
gleanerguy

I don't think you want to get stupid at this stage. Play the game, win the game, end the series.

gleanerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:26 AM
radapex

It's too bad Wudrick is no longer with UNB, he would've been a good option to stick on the 2nd line - for this series, at least.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:13 AM
VRedsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Earlier in the game the announcers said they were dealing with some technical difficulties.

Agree about the replays...while they are nice once in awhile they are overdoing it a bit...almost like they just realized how to do them and are beating it to death.

How UNB ended up shorthanded after that scrum is a mystery to me...

Announcers also mentioned that some scouts for Dallas were at the AUC over the weekend to apparently see Carroll play.
If they watched Carroll last Friday, the good news is we will have him for three more years

I notice on Guardian website that Macisaac's antics were dissed by a commentator - telling him to shut up and play hockey.

VRedsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
cishockeyfan

Quote:
If they watched Carroll last Friday, the good news is we will have him for three more years

I notice on Guardian website that Macisaac's antics were dissed by a commentator - telling him to shut up and play hockey.

lol, funny you say that regarding Carroll I was thinking the same thing, he did not play well those games

I agree with what Foyle is saying in general, hes not saying to go out and fight, what hes saying is a message has to be sent to defend your guys or at least be prepared to. The worst thing that can happen tonight and its a big possibility, UNB is up by a couple late UPEI feeling it slipping away after working hard, gets frustrated and starts head hunting or picking fights. This is hard to deal with as a team, do you just sit there and let a guy take swings at you (cause thats what will happen) and you dont want to lose key players at this point, even if UNB does not retaliate, chances are the calls will still be even despite them trying to avoid this stuff and that in turn will get some UNB's guys tempers boiling and most likely cause one to pop

Old
02-26-2013, 12:48 PM
FreddtFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1X View Post
Are you serious? Dress Denny just to allow him to drop the gloves? Denny already has a fighting major this year, so any further fighting major means he doesn't go to the Nationals (assuming that UNB wins tonight). With injuries and a limited bench, having players suspended for the National is not worth getting payback. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Denny rag doll either Knox or McIssaac! But, I am fan of Denny and would rather be at the Nationals!
Plus with UNB's size, they should be laying the body to UPEI
Good point about the repercussions of a second fight this season to Denny. Hadn't thought about that. But I'm not saying UNB should be going out looking for a fight, but instead, for a change, just stop turning the other cheek (instead of picking up yet another penalty for putting the puck over the glass or hooking while on the PK).

I have come to believe that just ignoring bullying doesn't make it go away. Not in life. Not on the ice.

As for Carroll and the scouts, add me to the list that believe he didn't help his cause. Or maybe that's why he had a bad game - not all players react well to the pressure of playing in front of a scout (if he knew they were there that night).

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
AUS Fan

"not all players react well to the pressure of playing in front of a scout "

Yep. I've had that problem in the past myself.

While I agree that UNB should not let themselves get pushed around, they also have to be aware of the danger of suspensions, etc.

If they do lose, one would hope that UPEI would lose with class. I know it's not much fun losing, but......

AUS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

Quote:
What I would like to see UNB do tonight is to first dress Chad Denny and put him on the wing like they did in the Jan. 19 game at Moncton.
This thread is starting to be more UNB than CIS playoffs - I'm guilt of pushing it along as well.

Using Chad this way is no different than what UNB had Chris Hodgy (Hodgson) do on the 4th line. Bang and hit to make some room.

Anyways - I'd like to see Chad on the point - not a shot any sane person should be blocking.

Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:15 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Once again Sportsnet will be broadcasting the final 3 games...both games on Saturday (at 4:30pm and 11pm AST) will be on the 4 main SN channels and the final on Sunday (8:30pm) will be on Sportsnet One.

All games will be streamed live on www.cis-sic.tv

http://english.cis-sic.ca/championsh...eleases/ucuptv

Old
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Gotta think PEI goes back to Savage tonight.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
Good point about the repercussions of a second fight this season to Denny. Hadn't thought about that. But I'm not saying UNB should be going out looking for a fight, but instead, for a change, just stop turning the other cheek (instead of picking up yet another penalty for putting the puck over the glass or hooking while on the PK).

I have come to believe that just ignoring bullying doesn't make it go away. Not in life. Not on the ice.

As for Carroll and the scouts, add me to the list that believe he didn't help his cause. Or maybe that's why he had a bad game - not all players react well to the pressure of playing in front of a scout (if he knew they were there that night).
Well it will be interesting to see, Denny took a 5 minute major on the hit to the upei player. Missed how they called it, but I am sure it will be reviewable

Old
02-26-2013, 05:37 PM
radapex

Quote:
Well it will be interesting to see, Denny took a 5 minute major on the hit to the upei player. Missed how they called it, but I am sure it will be reviewable
I'm not sure how they called it either. Didn't get a great look at the replay but he appeared to keep his elbow down, glided into the hit, and hit the guy that had the puck.

Wish I could see the replay a few more times because right now it looks like he was kicked out for being bigger than the guy he hit.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
SuperSquirrel

Quote:
Denny got 5 and a game for charging. IMO the hit was clean. He caught the PEI player with his head down. Happened right in front of where I was standing.

SuperSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSquirrel View Post
Denny got 5 and a game for charging. IMO the hit was clean. He caught the PEI player with his head down. Happened right in front of where I was standing.
That was my initial thought as well, he didn't hit with an elbow, didn't leave his feet and did glide into him. Hard to say what will come out of it.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:47 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

If anything I thought it might have been interference, since I thought the puck was gone...but a major seemed a bit ridiculous. He just rocked him plain and simple.

So who else is out tonight if Denny and Critchlow are back in, and Campbell is playing? Obviously Salituro is sitting, but who else? I couldn't figure it out from the web-cast. Robertson?