HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Just imagine if Malkin hits the open market and sign with us, holy ****!
Yeah imagine a superstar who will be a shell of his former self and probably injured, in NY! It will be sick!

02-26-2013, 07:16 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah imagine a superstar who will be a shell of his former self and probably injured, in NY! It will be sick!
Very true

Old
02-26-2013, 07:25 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Put Powe in the middle. Trade Boyle. Powe can play in the middle and on the wing.
Boyle should be the next to go. The team needs to find some form of physical aggression that can provide some offense. Tootoo was available in the off-season. He would have been a good fit.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:22 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Any new rumors out there or all speculation/spitballing ideas?

Old
02-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Vitto79

San Jose is struggling so they may make a move. If we can grab Clowe for Boyle and a 3rd I do it. I know it's a rental and Boyle has another yr left but so what the guy needs to go and Clowe will add toughness.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:33 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
San Jose is struggling so they may make a move. If we can grab Clowe for Boyle and a 3rd I do it. I know it's a rental and Boyle has another yr left but so what the guy needs to go and Clowe will add toughness.
Clowe has been VERY slow this year so far. I would pass. The Rangers lack speed and tenacity. Clowe is not that.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:40 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Eklund has said Robidas is available. Only issue is he is signed for one more year at $3.3 million. Good value forba dman like him but more then likely would not fit under the cap next season. Right handed vet dman that can log major minutes.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Eklund has said Robidas is available. Only issue is he is signed for one more year at $3.3 million. Good value forba dman like him but more then likely would not fit under the cap next season. Right handed vet dman that can log major minutes.
I would take him for sure, but like you said, unless the Rangers move some salary he won't fit next year.

Also, what would the cost be?

Old
02-26-2013, 08:54 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would take him for sure, but like you said, unless the Rangers move some salary he won't fit next year.

Also, what would the cost be?
Probably too much. A 1st ++ probably because he's not a rental. Having a D of:

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Stralman

Kind of gets me excited lol

Old
02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Probably too much. A 1st ++ probably because he's not a rental. Having a D of:

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Stralman

Kind of gets me excited lol
I have thought about it before, my only qualm would be:

a) the price which I don't think the Rangers should be paying
b) the fact that there will be better or equal level players available in UFA who can be had for nothing but money (Streit, White, etc.)

Old
02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Would Winnipeg swap Mark Stuart for Brian Boyle? Their contracts are identical. Same annual salaries. Same cap hit. Expire after 13-14. Jeff Gorton had Stuart in Boston. Winnipeg gets some size in the middle. Rangers get a 5th D.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Boyle should be the next to go. The team needs to find some form of physical aggression that can provide some offense. Tootoo was available in the off-season. He would have been a good fit.
I wanted Tootoo bad. Similar player to Prust, probably a little less skilled though. I think his contract is similar to what we offered Prust.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:22 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Would Winnipeg swap Mark Stuart for Brian Boyle? Their contracts are identical. Same annual salaries. Same cap hit. Expire after 13-14. Jeff Gorton had Stuart in Boston. Winnipeg gets some size in the middle. Rangers get a 5th D.
He would be ideal. He can skate pretty well, hits hard, difficult to play against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I wanted Tootoo bad. Similar player to Prust, probably a little less skilled though. I think his contract is similar to what we offered Prust.
Yep, he was the other player I wanted if the Rangers lost Prust. I don't mind Asham, but the difference is that Tootoo is a legitimate violent hitter.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
With Enstrom out? I doubt it.

I'd kick the tires on Simon Gagne. We desperately need an NHL body up front with Kreider and Miller not showing the consistency at this level that we need.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

I'd kick the tires on Simon Gagne. We desperately need an NHL body up front with Kreider and Miller not showing the consistency at this level that we need.
Intriguing, he might come cheap. Although I'd have serious reservations about bringing in a guy that made of glass to counteract our current injury problems. But hey, beggars cant be choosers.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
NYR Viper

I really wonder what Douglas Murray would cost from SJ as a #6 to pair with Stralman.

Murray-Stralman

All Swede pairing in front of Hank. Size and toughness with some puck-moving capabilities.

Or, MDZ-Murray.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Don't think he'd cost much from LA. May be a 3rd. Wouldn't be the worst idea if the value is there.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Intriguing, he might come cheap. Although I'd have serious reservations about bringing in a guy that made of glass to counteract our current injury problems. But hey, beggars cant be choosers.
Yeah, exactly. We're thin on tradeable assets, IMO, so we're going to have to be frugal. However, I think Gagne might be the kind of winger who can gel with Richards. Finds open ice and can get good shots off. My only concern is that if you put him with Richards and Gaborik, that line is really the epitome of a perimeter group. Nobody to do the board work. Could put Cally on the RW, but who the heck is going to play with Gabby? Such a mismatch of parts we have.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Gagne is very frail. I'm not sure that is a good move.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

The Rangers should be calling the Wild about Konopka. He is GREAT on faceoffs and would add the "jam" and "sandpaper" that the team needs. I know he isn't a great hockey player but he would help this team.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Ola

Quote:
I really wonder what Douglas Murray would cost from SJ as a #6 to pair with Stralman.

Murray-Stralman

All Swede pairing in front of Hank. Size and toughness with some puck-moving capabilities.

Or, MDZ-Murray.
Murray is litterary a freak of nature, and it might start costing him at this point of his career. I am not so sure about him.

I don't remember the exact time, but I know that he had to give up lifting weights like 10 years ago to keep his muscle mass to a minimum. Despite that he is built like a freakin bull (he looks like he is pumping anabola) and its really hurting his speed.

Murray's granddad is like one of the top 3 most famous legendary hockey players in Sweden, and he was built the same way. Like 6'0 240 lbs. Back in the 50's, almost nobody were as ripped as body builders are today. But Murray's granddad, Lars Björn, was that. He could have walked into any gym today and line up against just about anyone. They must have some serious hormon unbalance.

There is definitely a risk that Murray is way too slow to play D for Torts. Since we forecheck so hard, we don't support our D's that well on the backcheck, and they need to be really good at keeping the gap between them and their forwards.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:41 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

An eastern conference GM told Pierre LeBrun,the Avs want a home run offer for ROR. The teams are put off by the asking price. A Western Conference GM told LeBrun,teams don't want to take on long term in trades with the cap going from $70.2M to $64.3M. From: @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Sent: Feb 26, 2013 11:14a

Update on Perry/Getzlaf plus more in Rumblings blog, http://t.co/RYsiYHZiJD

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/s...37193864466433

Old
02-26-2013, 10:52 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Enstrom will miss at least a couple of weeks. That's the report. It will be two weeks at the end of this week.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The Rangers should be calling the Wild about Konopka. He is GREAT on faceoffs and would add the "jam" and "sandpaper" that the team needs. I know he isn't a great hockey player but he would help this team.
doesnt he have 2 more years on his contract. i wouldnt mind him when a few years when he was on the Islanders.... one player that id love on NYR is Gregory Campbell from the Bruins.. i wonder if he is available.... maybe the Bruins move him for cap space...

Old
02-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Some one mentioned Clowe, and another person mentioned Murray on this page. I'd take them in a heart beat. Murray, although slow, would add an element on defense that this team sorely lacks. I think at times the Rangers defensemen need to have more of a mean streak in their game. Murray adds that, he's huge he hits he fights. Clowe is also slow but is tough as nails, is a big body, he fights, heart and soul guy, is a free agent after this season.

Closed Thread