Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 11:31 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
It's a shame that's how it works...

Money talks. The Petes with consecutive top 3 picks should be in a position too be near the top of the conference next season.. Unfortunately that won't be the case....

Ho-Sang beside Ritchie in their draft year... Wow that would have been deadly.
You guys are having a great second half and may make the playoffs. It seems like you have the right people in place, finally.

Peterborough is an ideal location and players will be coming back when you start winning. Last year Reid tried to think outside the box and picked Cornel, which may have been the wrong guy. They have alot of draft picks and if they can secure 2-3 solid draft selections this year to gel with existing players, that is the first step to get back to the haydays in Petes land.

YOu need players with heart, and not just big names. You traded your stars and started winning. Look at Oshawa, they have so many high end players and NHL draft picks, and this year they will bow out of playoffs early. All those stars over the last 2-3 years and they come away with nothing. Brampton doesnt have much stars, but they have guys that compete always, and a system that works.

If they can lan Konecny or Spencer, that would be fantastic. They are the 2 most dynamic players in the draft and can lead by example. They can skate, score, hit and dominate.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:37 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
You guys are having a great second half and may make the playoffs. It seems like you have the right people in place, finally.

Peterborough is an ideal location and players will be coming back when you start winning. Last year Reid tried to think outside the box and picked Cornel, which may have been the wrong guy. They have alot of draft picks and if they can secure 2-3 solid draft selections this year to gel with existing players, that is the first step to get back to the haydays in Petes land.

YOu need players with heart, and not just big names. You traded your stars and started winning. Look at Oshawa, they have so many high end players and NHL draft picks, and this year they will bow out of playoffs early. All those stars over the last 2-3 years and they come away with nothing. Brampton doesnt have much stars, but they have guys that compete always, and a system that works.

If they can lan Konecny or Spencer, that would be fantastic. They are the 2 most dynamic players in the draft and can lead by example. They can skate, score, hit and dominate.
You think Konency will produce in the O as early as next season chewer?

Haven't seen much of him, could u compare him to a current OHLer to give me an idea of his style of play?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:50 PM
chewerjones

Quote:

Haven't seen much of him, could u compare him to a current OHLer to give me an idea of his style of play?
He can definitely compete and produce in the OHL next year.

He probably has the fastest wheels in the draft (Day may be faster). Has great hockey sense. Has great hands at high speed. May be the most competitive player in the draft. Hits anything in sight when called upon.

People say that he is too small, but I don see that at all. He is about 5'10" .

Think of Ho Sang's speed and skating with the IQ and hands of Max Domi, and the compete level of the Ruperts.

He is clearly the best forward in the draft. Take the best attributes of Korostolev, Strome and Stephens, and put them in a player, and then add a 150% compete level, and you have Konecny.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:08 AM
chewerjones

Posted on original blog- #639 in late December 2012, and I think that the picks are not that far off.

Top 15 without US players (Day, Werenski, Greenway)

1) Spencer
2) Korostolev
3) Konecny
4) Mackenzie
5) Crousse
6) Henley
7) Speers
8) Strome
9) MacArthur
10) Petawabano
11) Stephens
12) Lizotte
13) Nott
14) Szypula
15) Marner (sleeper)

Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
He can definitely compete and produce in the OHL next year.

He probably has the fastest wheels in the draft (Day may be faster). Has great hockey sense. Has great hands at high speed. May be the most competitive player in the draft. Hits anything in sight when called upon.

People say that he is too small, but I don see that at all. He is about 5'10" .

Think of Ho Sang's speed and skating with the IQ and hands of Max Domi, and the compete level of the Ruperts.

He is clearly the best forward in the draft. Take the best attributes of Korostolev, Strome and Stephens, and put them in a player, and then add a 150% compete level, and you have Konecny.
Not gunna lie, you've sold me on him. I need to get out and watch this kid play. Here's hoping Oke and company can convince him to come to the peterpatch!!

Old
02-26-2013, 07:54 AM
JansenHockey

Quote:
Posted on original blog- #639 in late December 2012, and I think that the picks are not that far off.

1) Spencer
2) Korostolev
3) Konecny
4) Mackenzie
5) Crousse
6) Henley
7) Speers
8) Strome
9) MacArthur
10) Petawabano
11) Stephens
12) Lizotte
13) Nott
14) Szypula
15) Marner (sleeper)
Korostolev is facing a few question about his eligibility. Petawabano will not be in the OHL Draft. Q property.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Hank38

Quote:

1) Spencer
2) Korostolev
3) Konecny
4) Mackenzie
5) Crousse
6) Henley
7) Speers
8) Strome
9) MacArthur
10) Petawabano
11) Stephens
12) Lizotte
13) Nott
14) Szypula
15) Marner (sleeper)
Expect to see 9 D in first round, Konecny 1st, Petawabano Q, Marner?? not sure he can crack top 25

Old
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
It's a shame that's how it works...

Money talks. The Petes with consecutive top 3 picks should be in a position too be near the top of the conference next season.. Unfortunately that won't be the case....

Ho-Sang beside Ritchie in their draft year... Wow that would have been deadly.
Less about money, more about organizational integrity/stability. Petes still have a lot to overcome.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:28 AM
checkmate3

Quote:
Not gunna lie, you've sold me on him. I need to get out and watch this kid play. Here's hoping Oke and company can convince him to come to the peterpatch!!
I believe the Petes could benefit from a smart Dman. Konecny is a great forward (is a little small, not that that matters) but I vote for Henley as that Dman for th Petes. Has all the qualities they need for a strong D. This kid is just fun to watch! Think Oke and friends may wanna consider watching Henley and his intensity during a game. He's a thinker with O level skill right now.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:00 AM
walker33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Here are 3 guys who are highly rated and are among the biggest in the 97 group:

Connor Schlichting, although most have him in the #10 -#20 area. Id personally have no issue taking him around #10. He is not very physical, he is smart, effortless skater, excellent hard passer, big shot. Im higher on this kid more than others. I think his upside is off the charts. He is 6-2 185

Cameron Lizzotte is another pretty big Dman that is rated high, that could be an option. I personally think he belongs in the #15 -#25 area. Some rate him inside the top 10. I like his battle level and defensive awareness. His skating has improved greatly since playing with the Copper Cliff Redman last year, but still appears to struggle with his balance as he can lose an edge out of the blue. At the same time, he is explosive enough to skate the puck up the ice. 6-1 175

Troy Henley has a wide range of tools. The thing I like most about Henley is how many different types of games he can play. Finesse or Physical or a mix of both. He looks like he will be a solid stay at home Defenseman with offensive skills as well. Sometimes his rushes are a little out of control but he has improved this area greatly over the course of the year. He seems to play within the Oakville system. Appears at times to be holding back. I think he is the second best defenseman on Oakville behind Spencer. 6-0 200

connor schlichling is almost 6'2, 6'3 195 hes a big boy

Old
02-26-2013, 10:49 AM
U of C Trojan

Quote:
The selection of the kid doesnt necessarily mean their ranking, but more the preferences of the teams, and games being played by the parents/agents.

Just like Ho Sang last year, and Domi the year before, and Marcantuoni before that, and Ebert, and ...........
Agree. I know a few deals already made. Most are from 5-19 range. The Top 5 in my opinion. (Day) Konecney, Strome, Spencer and Crouse could move around pending on the team that is picking.
Ottawa, Erie, Peterborough, Kinston and Mississauga - 3 to 5 can all flip which may change the selection.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
U of C Trojan

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
I believe the Petes could benefit from a smart Dman. Konecny is a great forward (is a little small, not that that matters) but I vote for Henley as that Dman for th Petes. Has all the qualities they need for a strong D. This kid is just fun to watch! Think Oke and friends may wanna consider watching Henley and his intensity during a game. He's a thinker with O level skill right now.
Thats the direction I would take. Word is the Petes like Korestolev ( not a good pick for them ). There are a couple of D then can step in. Henley could handle the square corners !

Old
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by U of C Trojan View Post
Thats the direction I would take. Word is the Petes like Korestolev ( not a good pick for them ). There are a couple of D then can step in. Henley could handle the square corners !

I like the sounds of Henley but the Petes have quite a few returning defence.
Boland
Devlin
Armstrong
Seymour(maybe)
Trojanovic(maybe)
Varga
Ceresnak(probably not but eligable)

Old
02-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:

1) Spencer
2) Korostolev
3) Konecny
4) Mackenzie
5) Crousse
6) Henley
7) Speers
8) Strome
9) MacArthur
10) Petawabano
11) Stephens
12) Lizotte
13) Nott
14) Szypula
15) Marner (sleeper)
Korostolev #2? Strome #8? Petawabano#10? MARNER #15???? I don't think we watch the same games!

Old
02-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by U of C Trojan View Post
I thought Reid was gone? I don't know how any GM could take Korostolev ( Houdini ) when he can take Strome, who is a sure thing.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:21 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Boland
Devlin
Armstrong
Seymour(maybe)
Trojanovic(maybe)
Varga
Yes,a lot returning but no youth,nobody on that group is under 18 going onto next yr

Old
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

I had my doubts about Konecny and his size and I think it will hold him back a little bit. i.e. Jordan Subban. It may not hold him back in year 1. Konecny is not 5-10. He is 5-8 140. I made a comparison to Hosang several days ago. I think its an excellent comparison. I think he skates and stick handles to a Hosang level, competes harder. He wont hit everything in sight in the OHL, but that wont matter. The most important thing for me and Konecny from my standpoint is how he handles big hits or avoids them. Konecny's speed is one of the most single dangerous weapons any player possesses in this draft. Konecny shares the puck alot more than Hosang does, but still needs to share it more. I think Konecny could be a 40-50 point in his rookie year. I could see 15G 30 A as his potential for his rookie year.

Whoever said Noah Bushnell goes 4-6th round is not correct. I believe he has a good chance to go in the second round and WILL NOT be there after the 3rd round. Its not about scoring with him, he is a big bruising kid that wont back down from anyone. He will fight anyone, hit anyone and has decent hands. He is a fun player to watch.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:04 PM
mapleleaf979

My favourite grinders/energy guys in this draft are Graham Knott, Michael Baird and Noah Bushnell. All have a chance to be drafted in the 2nd round(especially Knott and Baird) and 3rd at the latest for Bushnell. All 3 can dominate shifts without touching the puck.

After those 3 guys I like Mitchell Webb. I think he has a chance to go late 3rd round, if not early 4th round.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:18 PM
hockeyonice

Quote:
Boland
Devlin
Armstrong
Seymour(maybe)
Trojanovic(maybe)
Varga
One defencemen i think the petes should seriously consider everyone has slated to go middle first round is Garret McFadden highly skilled great skater great shot and very hard to move off the puck, he could easily be the 2nd. defenceman drafted

Old
02-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Hank38

Quote:
My favourite grinders/energy guys in this draft are Graham Knott, Michael Baird and Noah Bushnell. All have a chance to be drafted in the 2nd round(especially Knott and Baird) and 3rd at the latest for Bushnell. All 3 can dominate shifts without touching the puck.

After those 3 guys I like Mitchell Webb. I think he has a chance to go late 3rd round, if not early 4th round.
I donít think Mitchell Webb can crack the top 4 rounds.

I like his teammate Noah Robinson as the grinder/energy guy on the Marlies.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
I had my doubts about Konecny and his size and I think it will hold him back a little bit. i.e. Jordan Subban. It may not hold him back in year 1. Konecny is not 5-10. He is 5-8 140. I made a comparison to Hosang several days ago. I think its an excellent comparison. I think he skates and stick handles to a Hosang level, competes harder. He wont hit everything in sight in the OHL, but that wont matter. The most important thing for me and Konecny from my standpoint is how he handles big hits or avoids them. Konecny's speed is one of the most single dangerous weapons any player possesses in this draft. Konecny shares the puck alot more than Hosang does, but still needs to share it more. I think Konecny could be a 40-50 point in his rookie year. I could see 15G 30 A as his potential for his rookie year.

Whoever said Noah Bushnell goes 4-6th round is not correct. I believe he has a good chance to go in the second round and WILL NOT be there after the 3rd round. Its not about scoring with him, he is a big bruising kid that wont back down from anyone. He will fight anyone, hit anyone and has decent hands. He is a fun player to watch.
I read about Konecny all over the place. He is good, no doubt. Am I the only one who thinks that Dylan Strome is the best? Are teams going to make the same mistake as they did 4 years ago with his brother?
No way Bushnell is 4-6 rd. Great energy and tenacity.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank38 View Post
I don’t think Mitchell Webb can crack the top 4 rounds.

I like his teammate Noah Robinson as the grinder/energy guy on the Marlies.
I like Robinson too. I have questions about his compete level from game to game. He can dominate a game with skill or playing physical and other games be invisible. That gets old pretty quick. Compete level and speed are 2 of the most important traits scouts look for. M.Webb has terrific compete level. Robinson has more talent than Webb but if he brings it every 3 games, than his value is not as high as others who are there game after game. I think Robinson also has a chance to be a 3-4 round guy.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:30 PM
defensehockey19

I forgot to mention the Petes do have 2 open gold education packages so one of their 2 2nd rounders should be of good quality.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
I like Robinson too. I have questions about his compete level from game to game. He can dominate a game with skill or playing physical and other games be invisible. That gets old pretty quick. Compete level and speed are 2 of the most important traits scouts look for. M.Webb has terrific compete level. Robinson has more talent than Webb but if he brings it every 3 games, than his value is not as high as others who are there game after game. I think Robinson also has a chance to be a 3-4 round guy.
I like both of them. Webb never lets up. Robinson scores a lot of goals and makes a lot of hits. I think he brings it more than you give him credit for. I don't see better forwards on other teams in the GTHL.

If Robinson doesn't bring it all the time, what does Korostolev do?

Old
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
ImaBullsfan

There's talk here that the bulls are interested in a defenceman, namely Garrett McFadden? But my question is, do we really need another puck moving d-man? We will have Subban and possibly Worrad as a OA? My thought is a big tough stay at home guy that can punish in the corners. Is there such a defencemen rated for the 1st? Thoughts

Closed Thread