HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Goodbye Weiss

Old
02-26-2013, 02:40 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
Absolutely give them a shot... But also be smart enough to recognize when it's not working and make a change WAY sooner... Dineen takes way too long to make changes to something that's just not working...
He gives players a chance, which is something we would ***** about if he didn't.

JP Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Also, look what Therrien has done in Montreal. Almost the same roster, many expected them to finish near the bottom of the East standings.

Instead, they are on top. Why? Are they really more talented then us? No.

But they're top line players have scored (ours are non-existent), the young guys are contributing (ours are too), getting great goaltending (we are not), but mainly they are skating hard every night.

You get the puck and they are on you. They played us harder than Boston did last night. Not because they were physical but because they never even gave us a chance to think about what to do with the puck let alone actually do it. I wish I saw this team work that hard. It's like the sun and the beaches just makes them lazy.
Come on...they worked that hard last season.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:40 AM
jakethesnake23

Im sure Dineen could be coaching better in the same way I think the players could be playing better. Its just a down year all-around and we are all desperate to find answers.

We exceeded expectations last year. Back to earth this year. Hopefully moving forward next year and beyond.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Calirose

weiss is leading the NHL in MINUS

Calirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Also, look what Therrien has done in Montreal. Almost the same roster, many expected them to finish near the bottom of the East standings.

Instead, they are on top. Why? Are they really more talented then us? No.

But they're top line players have scored (ours are non-existent), the young guys are contributing (ours are too), getting great goaltending (we are not), but mainly they are skating hard every night.

You get the puck and they are on you. They played us harder than Boston did last night. Not because they were physical but because they never even gave us a chance to think about what to do with the puck let alone actually do it. I wish I saw this team work that hard. It's like the sun and the beaches just makes them lazy.
Last year was an anomaly, they were badly struck by injuries to top players. Like the Panthers at the begining of the year, but trade Jovo for Campbell and see how things go.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Lmao, so much whining and misinformation leading to looking at everything through frustrated eyes.

Suddenly it's Dineen's fault Weiss has been playing like absolute garbage? Guess it was Budreau's fault that OV was, and still is, playing like crap compared to his other years?

What exactly should he be doing about Weiss? The team had been decimated by injuries, there wasnt much he could do.

To attribute last season to different guys coming together is BS. Look at Minnesota, the Rangees every year, just teams coming together means nothing. It takes a lot to get them to play as a team. I'm not saying Dineen is the answer behind the bench, but there's been a lot that's gone wrong this season. Te injuries alone have hurt hugely. 'Great teams play trough injuries.' We're not a great ****ing team. Period. We don't have the players that Ottawa does. Any team on our level would struggle with their whole first line out.

This is a lockout shortened season. As in the other sports, there's a lot of odd things happening. We're all pissed off, but to just put it all on Dineen or even Weiss is rubbish.

I don't know what the answer is, but this all frustratin talking.

Last edited by Laus723: 02-26-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Phone
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Madhatter73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
We're all pissed off, but to just put it all on Dineen or even Weiss is rubbish.

I don't want the answer is, but this all frustratin talking.
I'm not putting it all on Dineen. I just feel some of his decisions are a big part of the reason we've struggled. Obviously players should be stepping up that aren't. Bounces haven't gone our way. There are injury issues. The goaltenders have been underperforming.

It seemed that in all the talk, Dineen was walking away squeaky clean. I just feel he should shoulder more of the blame than he's been getting.

Back on the Weiss note. Hearing that his grandmother passed, I wonder if she'd been ill for a while. It would explain some of why his head hasn't been in the game lately.

Madhatter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
I'm not putting it all on Dineen. I just feel some of his decisions are a big part of the reason we've struggled. Obviously players should be stepping up that aren't. Bounces haven't gone our way. There are injury issues. The goaltenders have been underperforming.

It seemed that in all the talk, Dineen was walking away squeaky clean. I just feel he should shoulder more of the blame than he's been getting.

Back on the Weiss note. Hearing that his grandmother passed, I wonder if she'd been ill for a while. It would explain some of why his head hasn't been in the game lately.
Dunno, that's suck if its the case, but a lot of players lose family members have them go through things and they play well through it. Still, plenty don't I'm sure.

I don't think he's getting off clean, and it does seem that he's unsure what to do with everything going wrong, but I'm willing to give him slack. He hasn't had much to work with.

Tallon said last season was unexpected, but he's gonna stick to the plan.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:21 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Lmao, so much whining and misinformation leading to looking at everything through frustrated eyes.

Suddenly it's Dineen's fault Weiss has been playing like absolute garbage? Guess it was Budreau's fault that OV was, and still is, playing like crap compared to his other years?

What exactly should he be doing about Weiss? The team had been decimated by injuries, there wasnt much he could do.

To attribute last season to different guys coming together is BS. Look at Minnesota, the Rangees every year, just teams coming together means nothing. It takes a lot to get them to play as a team. I'm not saying Dineen is the answer behind the bench, but there's been a lot that's gone wrong this season. Te injuries alone have hurt hugely. 'Great teams play trough injuries.' We're not a great ****ing team. Period. We for have the players that Ottawa does. Any team on our level would struggle with their whole first line out.

This is a lockout shortened season. As in the other sports, there's a lot of odd things happening. We're all pissed off, but to just put it all on Dineen or even Weiss is rubbish.

I don't want the answer is, but this all frustratin talking.
Excellent points.

Last year and this year we are a bubble team. We were on the right side last yr where things went right...good coaching, good playing good goaltending.

This yr is the opposite. What can go wrong has. Some players (weiss versteeg Goc, bergenheim) were not ready from day one. the downgrade from garrison to kuba has been glaring. And the aging goaltending that performed admirably last was just not ready and not at last yrs peak. Thus, we suck.

Back to the point of the thread. Grandma, injuries, the dog ate his homework, whatever...he has been horrific this year.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Laus723
Future Now

At least we had a good season me saw the pkayoffs! The Oilers keep getting top picks and keep sucking ass.
A this point I'm hoping for a top pick to be able to compliment the guys we have. Also looking forward to movin some vets for good pieces.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Excellent points.

Last year and this year we are a bubble team. We were on the right side last yr where things went right...good coaching, good playing good goaltending.

This yr is the opposite. What can go wrong has. Some players (weiss versteeg Goc, bergenheim) were not ready from day one. the downgrade from garrison to kuba has been glaring. And the aging goaltending that performed admirably last was just not ready and not at last yrs peak. Thus, we suck.

Back to the point of the thread. Grandma, injuries, the dog ate his homework, whatever...he has been horrific this year.
Yep.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I too thought that perhaps Weiss' grandmother had been ill for some time. If that's the case than it honestly does explain his play. I can't imagine being able to focus on hockey during a time like that.

Well wishes to the Weiss family.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I too thought that perhaps Weiss' grandmother had been ill for some time. If that's the case than it honestly does explain his play. I can't imagine being able to focus on hockey during a time like that.

Well wishes to the Weiss family.
Yeah but, how did Farve play after losing his dad? That Raven after losing his brother? I'm not saying that's easy, but c'mon. I'm expected to perform when my loved ones were sick. I've lost all but one of grand parents and my dad, too. One grandma was sick for some time. We still went to work and performed.

I don't know what's up with him, but I don't like it. I'm not gonna turn my back on him, but I'm a Panther fan first. If his play is hurting the team like it is, I'd rather see him go.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Gordonx11

Quote:
Yeah but, how did Farve play after losing his dad? That Raven after losing his brother? I'm not saying that's easy, but c'mon. I'm expected to perform when my loved ones were sick. I've lost all but one of grand parents and my dad, too. One grandma was sick for some time. We still went to work and performed.

I don't know what's up with him, but I don't like it. I'm not gonna turn my back on him, but I'm a Panther fan first. If his play is hurting the team like it is, I'd rather see him go.

You've got to be kidding me, lol. Have a heart man. The guy has been giving 100% every shift for 10 years now. Your just frustrated so your looking for someone or something to blame. Yes i agree he hasent been playing good hockey but it's just a slump. He will come out of it. Every good professional athlete has them.

Gordonx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonx11 View Post
You've got to be kidding me, lol. Have a heart man. The guy has been giving 100% every shift for 10 years now. Your just frustrated so your looking for someone or something to blame. Yes i agree he hasent been playing good hockey but it's just a slump. He will come out of it. Every good professional athlete has them.
Please don assume things. I'm not looking for any one person to blame and wrote as much earlier. The whole 'first' line had been flat or injured. Kuba hasn't been working out. Goal tending started well then fell apart. Weaver started slow. Our hardest workers right now have almost no hands or finish and are checkin line guys.

He's not in a slump, though. Guys in a slump struggle getting goals, but they still take shots and put out effort. I'm well aware of Weiss' effort and what he's given to this team. We've seen him play through slumps, injuries, ****** teammate, etc. This is a guy that looks to me, honestly, like he's asked for a trade and hasn't been given one yet. Or, for some reason, was told they weren't re-signing him no matter what, so why try? Maybe to trade him, but
I doubt either scenario.

Don't get it, I don't think for a second it's the captaincy, and if it is, well he's showing why he shouldn't have it. Lecavalier had the captaincy stripped, he played through it, then they won the Cup.

I hope he returns to form, is signed, and will raise the Cup here, but if he's just gonna be gone, especially paying like this? Just go.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonx11 View Post
You can slump and show effort.

You can slump and play good D.

You can slump and cause havoc.

Ive seen great scorers like Messier, Bossy, et all slump and contribute. Hes doing nothing. At all. Hes lucky its not the Northeast he'd be booed off the arena by now.

We would all love to se him come out of it. Its in everyones best interest.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Erick

I agree with Laus and AG.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

I know this means nothing to any of you.

I'll just say it anyway..

A friend of mine plays pro hockey in Europe. He comes back to Florida to train during the summer. He's been invited to skate with some of the Panthers on different occasions during training sessions. He skated with the likes of Horton, Weiss, Roberts and Belfour.

He told me that Weiss didn't really impress him in offensive situations.

I defended Weiss by suggesting to him well, this organization expects too much from him every year. They're so delirious about his offensive ceiling. He would get more respect if was behind a great center on a depth chart.

It's more glaringly obvious now than ever, how true that is..

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
You can slump and show effort.

You can slump and play good D.

You can slump and cause havoc.

Ive seen great scorers like Messier, Bossy, et all slump and contribute. Hes doing nothing. At all. Hes lucky its not the Northeast he'd be booed off the arena by now.

We would all love to se him come out of it. Its in everyones best interest.
delete.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
I know this means nothing to any of you.

I'll just say it anyway..

A friend of mine plays pro hockey in Europe. He comes back to Florida to train during the summer. He's been invited to skate with some of the Panthers on different occasions during training sessions. He skated with the likes of Horton, Weiss, Roberts and Belfour.

He told me that Weiss didn't really impress him in offensive situations.

I defended Weiss by suggesting to him well, this organization expects too much from him every year. They're so delirious about his offensive ceiling. He would get more respect if was behind a great center on a depth chart.

It's more glaringly obvious now than ever, how true that is..
Yeah, but he's never been this bad. I mean, he's certainly no Crosby, but he's not Parros, either.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:08 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

he was sorely missed tonight.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Dr Beinfest

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps his grandmother's passing was something looming on him as of recent?

There's no reason for him to have an utter lack of interest. He's in a contract year. I expect he picks the play up. He's not stupid. We know that much.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Erick

It would be great if the guy could get hot soon.

I mean, watching the games and watching him play is so frustrating these days. He does nothing.

At the same time, he has a track record. Anyone who likes statistics and believes in advanced stats that lead players to regress/progress has to be optimistic. Like I said in another thread, I no longer really care if he's back next year because I basically want a change of style/attitude in the team's play. With that said, track records can't be ignored. He has to be due. Then again, he has to put forth some effort for something positive to happen...

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:11 AM
remer

What do you think the Panthers would get back from Weiss?

The Bruins would be interested.

What are the Panthers needs and what kind of realistic trade could happen between these two teams?

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
It could be worse. He could be struggling and diving. Kind of like this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
What do you think the Panthers would get back from Weiss?

The Bruins would be interested.

What are the Panthers needs and what kind of realistic trade could happen between these two teams?
First line forwards and a top 4 defender.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote