HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Counter Strike Global Offensive

Old
11-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Flea90

vCash: 500
Counter Strike Global Offensive

any CS players here? the beta comes out Nov. 30th for ppl who have a key

other than that everyone else has to wait for a public beta. cant wait for this game

Flea90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:46 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

This is the CS coming out on XBLA and PSN right?

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:02 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Bought CS:Source about 7 years ago. Been playing it since.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:09 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Flea90

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO View Post
This is the CS coming out on XBLA and PSN right?
yep but to be honest this game was meant to be played on PC

Old
11-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Flea90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post

dust2 is now....DUSTIER haha

Old
11-24-2011, 09:34 PM
RangersAM99

I wonder if cal will ever come back

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Declassified
Valkyrie Pedalworks

vCash: 145
Another remake of the same game? almost as bad as COD

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Flea90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declassified View Post
Another remake of the same game? almost as bad as COD
its not bad. its actually good. its been 7 years since a new CS anyways so its time for an upgrade

Old
11-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Dave
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I didn't like the look of the game from the early footage, after seeing it I was hoping it was a very early version and it would be made better. But from what I've heard the game is bad. With that said however, I can see myself getting it just because.

I still play cs:s, but I play a mod within the game. If GO kills source, I hope the mod I play from source is still functional on GO.

Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:47 PM
sillygoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersAM99 View Post
I wonder if cal will ever come back
Probably not, if you want to play comp, play esea, it cost money and is a slight hassle, but has a boss anti cheat.

sillygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:47 AM
Everlasting

The realese of this game where awful, but it is pretty good now, even if there is still many issues. I have been playing it alot recently, only became a silver elite master
Which is wierd since i am a lot better than most of the silver players.. and i come up against really ****** gold players.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:58 AM
CNS
A World Alone

I absolutely ****ing HATED this game at first. Stuck with Source, which I've played for near a decade now. Now, I'm really liking GO. The competitive matchmaking is fun. I was Gold Nova II for a while, ranked up to Gold Nova Master after 3 good matches, realized those kids ****ing hack, so I threw matches so I could downrank.

Really, I only play 3 maps on the game: Inferno, Nuke, and Vertigo. Everything else is garbage.

Easily the biggest issue in the game is the P2000. It's by far the worst gun in the game, meanwhile the glock is OP. Whenever I'm on CT, my only goal in pistol round is to grab a glock so I can actually aim. I'm not a fan of sniping on this game as it feels just so much harder than source but whatever. I'm fine sticking with AK's. I gotta say....adding in molotovs and fire nades was great though. It's good to finally be able to shortly cut people off from an area.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:03 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, the shooting still feels off to me. The shooting in CS and CS:S always felt better and more natural. I do like a lot of things that go on in GO though, even if the shooting is off.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:46 AM
Everlasting

I am having no problem with P2000, and you should play some Dust2 and Italy. Great maps Italy is really T sided tho...

Old
02-26-2013, 04:52 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
I am having no problem with P2000, and you should play some Dust2 and Italy. Great maps Italy is really T sided tho...
Dust2 is so godawful. It's all people play. Nuke is, to me, the best map in the game. A lot of people hate on Vertigo but it's actually quite fun and decently balanced. Italy is meh.

I don't really get the function of being able to report people. Pretty sure those "reports" do nothing. I report people all the time for being little ***** on the game and yet I still get matched to scrim with them.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Everlasting

I have always and will always love D2. Such an awesome map, mostly becuse it is so balanced. Nuke is also great and very balanced.

Yeah, many people have that problem, there are tons of cheaters in this game. I have so far never encounted a cheater so i am happy.

If anyone ever want to team up, ala "Team hfboards" and go for a competitive game i am in for it!

Old
02-26-2013, 09:13 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

CS_Siege was the best map ever. I wish they never got rid of it. CS_Docks was also awesome. Two of the first cs maps I played back in the beta days.

Oh and I can't forget Prodigy, Assault, Nuke, and Militia. Ahhh the good old days.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 02-26-2013 at 09:25 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Bocephus86

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
CS_Siege was the best map ever. I wish they never got rid of it. CS_Docks was also awesome. Two of the first cs maps I played back in the beta days.

Oh and I can't forget Prodigy, Assault, Nuke, and Militia. Ahhh the good old days.
This is going to sound silly but please confirm: Was CS_DAM the very old map in the dam where you'd rescue hostages? I remember playing that level like 12 years ago and could never find it again when I picked CS up again in highschool (~10 yrs ago).

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
This is going to sound silly but please confirm: Was CS_DAM the very old map in the dam where you'd rescue hostages? I remember playing that level like 12 years ago and could never find it again when I picked CS up again in highschool (~10 yrs ago).
Apparently it was a map, but I don't remember it. I started played CS in January 2000 so 12 years ago was probably around the time it went retail (November 2000). So if anything it would have been some sort of custom map.

Looking at how fast it went from beta 5 to retail is crazy. Beta 5 came out at the end of December 1999 (5.2 was the more stable version that came out a couple weeks later), it went through Beta 6, 6.5 (new netcode and first version after teaming up with Valve), and 7, all within 11 months before going retail. If you remember the M4 having a scope + silencer and the SG-552 being on both teams then you remember beta 5 and prior.

I remember I used to play TFC before CS and people would come into TFC games talking about how great CS was. So I remember trying it out back then and playing it for a year or so steady until I moved on to Firearms mod. I think I stopped playing around version 1.3 (which happened to be the version that they removed bunny hopping) so that was about 21 months later. I know of a lot of beta players that left around that time because the game was so much different than the game we had originally played back when we started. Beta 5 was really the version that pushed the game to a new level of popularity and it just took off after.

I actually preferred the game before Valve got involved, but obviously Value has since taken the game to a level that no other game could touch. The game was still insanely popular before Valve, but I doubt it would still be around today if not for Valve.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 02-26-2013 at 11:04 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Everlasting

Love how more weapons matter in this game. YOu can buy a shotgun and still do good, its really awesome. I love the mag-7 Also have a thing for sawed of shotgun and nova. But you have to be precise and get an instant HS, otherwise you might end up dead :/
Bison and famas is also great.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:03 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Love how more weapons matter in this game. YOu can buy a shotgun and still do good, its really awesome. I love the mag-7 Also have a thing for sawed of shotgun and nova. But you have to be precise and get an instant HS, otherwise you might end up dead :/
Bison and famas is also great.
How it all matters that you really need a headshot more than anything is really bleh. I do find some guns have lost a good bit of accuracy. Also, the auto-sniper compared to the other CS games is way too ****ing cheap.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
How it all matters that you really need a headshot more than anything is really bleh. I do find some guns have lost a good bit of accuracy. Also, the auto-sniper compared to the other CS games is way too ****ing cheap.
A body shot at close distant can one shot kill an enemy too. Yes, its becuse of the balance of guns. For example, the deagle is now worse then before, but it is the best pistol for long and mid range. Close range, it is kind of awful.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM
SolidSnakeUS

The difference between the USP and the P2000 for CT starting guns is a huge difference too (P2000 is worse). I find that the UMP is less accurate and powerful than before. The MP7 over the MP5 actually feels awkward for me. Bizon and FAMAS I feel could be better, especially the burst fire for the FAMAS (used to be great for headshots).

Old
03-02-2013, 02:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I also feel I'm one of the few people to intentionally not use the auto sniper or the AWP.