HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dallas @ Nashville 7pm 2/25/13 Bridgestone Arena

Old
02-26-2013, 03:11 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchtrickBateman View Post
Will be a great rivalry soon. However you were wrong about the stars board. That post was simply saying that since we can't beat Columbus/Calgary, how are we going to expect to beat the preds... However I did find some amusement in this thread, praising whoever put Robidas into the open door... That's pretty pathetic. Very dangerous situation. But those are the same people who loved Tootoo so what can ya do....
how is it amusing if its pathetic? Kind of conflicting feelings, no?

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:40 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Weber may have only shown up on the scoresheet with one assist tonight, but the game completely changed after his Webersmash.

Nothing is better than a pissed-off Shea Weber. Angry Shea is the best Shea!
Weber played great all game. I guess he's just finally getting it all together this year, but he was awesome all night, even before he was angry. Once in the 1st period he broke up the stars passes at least 3 times during one stars possession. He was just everywhere tonight. Then he got angry...

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Firestorm

So Mr. Fisher, can we have that sort of goal every game or multiple goals a game?

Thanks.

Signed,

The Fans

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Insanepredator

Send a message via Skype™ to Insanepredator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline Daddy View Post
Hey Nashville fans! I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan since 2001 and attended tonight's game as my first away game ever. I've been a vague Nashville fan for a long time since us southern hockey teams have to stick together. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the game and the hospitality was nice. Despite my girlfriend and I strangely wearing Canes jerseys, the people around us were all kind.

I thought Fisher had a great game all night, as did Roman Josi. I was telling my girlfriend all about Nashville's special players and sure enough all of them made good and got on the scoreboard. As a Canes fan, I would do near anything to get Kevin Klein on my team since he brings a steady, positional presence on the blueline and our blueline is hurting bad. Although Rinne wasn't at his best (he's usually impossible to score on when we play him), he had several solid glove saves and shut out the Stars for the 1st and 3rd periods.

So thank you all for your hospitality! Going to a downtown arena was a lot of fun. Furthermore, it's awesome seeing hockey thrive in another southern state. I hope you guys make the playoffs and do some damage.
Saw two people in Hurricanes jerseys at the game last night and wondered if there was a story to that. Looks like I got my answer.

Insanepredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Will be a great rivalry soon. However you were wrong about the stars board. That post was simply saying that since we can't beat Columbus/Calgary, how are we going to expect to beat the preds... However I did find some amusement in this thread, praising whoever put Robidas into the open door... That's pretty pathetic. Very dangerous situation. But those are the same people who loved Tootoo so what can ya do....
Funny you should mention Robidas and Toots in the same post - Ahhhh, good times, good times...

I sincerely hope Dillon gets to meet Big Ern next game. He took several liberties last night that he needs to be held accountable for.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:43 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Will be a great rivalry soon. However you were wrong about the stars board. That post was simply saying that since we can't beat Columbus/Calgary, how are we going to expect to beat the preds.....
Maybe I did misread that and if so that is my bad, but someone commented on "a loss to a terrible team" and then someone followed up with the Columbus comment.

No big deal though

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Yeah, that's one good thing about NBC broadcasts is the man between the benches so we hear of stuff like this.
wait a minute... i missed the broadcast... was that really said by those two guys?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM
dubgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wait a minute... i missed the broadcast... was that really said by those two guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Clune: "When I get this shield off in two weeks you're a dead man!"
Fiddler: "You won't be in the NHL in two weeks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
We need a good nickname for Josi
(Roman) Candle, 'cause he lights it up.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
we are no longer last in goals per game... Columbus is! we're next to last.. making strides?
Hey now, don't sell us short- we are actually #28!!

Two teams now below us- Minnesota (hilarious) and Columbus!

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
If only Shea would play mad ALL the time! That's when he's at his best.

And Tootoo who? I'm beginning to forget that he was a Pred for 8 seasons. Clune has assumed the role and is playing real well. Let's get that jaw guard off and watch him go to town on Fiddler's face.

Go Preds!!
I did laugh at the story Engblom told about Clune and Fiddler yapping at each other from the benches.

Clune: Just wait two weeks until I get my face guard off.

Fiddler: You aren't even going to be here in two weeks.

Then he says a bunch of players on both benches are laughing at them.

Edit: Crap, I see someone else has already beaten me to this.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I did laugh at the story Engblom told about Clune and Fiddler yapping at each other from the benches.

Clune: Just wait two weeks until I get my face guard off.

Fiddler: You aren't even going to be here in two weeks.

Then he says a bunch of players on both benches are laughing at them.

Edit: Crap, I see someone else has already beaten me to this.
no, its good I was asking for clarification as to whether this was really said or not...

thats freaking hilarious, and Fiddler certainly had his time when it was unclear if he'd still be in the lague or not, so he might want to pipe down...

Old
02-26-2013, 11:27 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
how is it amusing if its pathetic? Kind of conflicting feelings, no?
It is amusing because it shows just how ignorant some people are. Any comment praising a very dangerous play, especially if intentional, is something only a very immature person would say. But, oh well... Can't wait for the next Stars-Preds game

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:47 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Weber played great all game. I guess he's just finally getting it all together this year, but he was awesome all night, even before he was angry. Once in the 1st period he broke up the stars passes at least 3 times during one stars possession. He was just everywhere tonight. Then he got angry...
Not saying he wasn't playing well until then...just saying that when he laid the Webersmash the entire team woke up and the momentum of the game totally changed.

Quote:
Trotz: "Key moment was when Weber got upset down 4-2. Our bench lit up. I think we outshot them about 22-6 after that."

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:47 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
It is amusing because it shows just how ignorant some people are. Any comment praising a very dangerous play, especially if intentional, is something only a very immature person would say. But, oh well... Can't wait for the next Stars-Preds game
spare me the holier than thou crap... part of the attraction of sport is we can vicariously let our "dark side" show a little.... nobody here would actually be glad if Robidas (who is a feminine hygeine product in the eyes of Preds fans) got hurt but we can vicariously enjoy him getting a little comeuppance, even if it is a "dirty" play...

Old
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Not saying he wasn't playing well until then...just saying that when he laid the Webersmash the entire team woke up and the momentum of the game totally changed.
as noted I missed the game but have seen this referenced... can you explain what happened??

Old
02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline Daddy View Post
Hey Nashville fans! I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan since 2001 and attended tonight's game as my first away game ever. I've been a vague Nashville fan for a long time since us southern hockey teams have to stick together. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the game and the hospitality was nice. Despite my girlfriend and I strangely wearing Canes jerseys, the people around us were all kind.

I thought Fisher had a great game all night, as did Roman Josi. I was telling my girlfriend all about Nashville's special players and sure enough all of them made good and got on the scoreboard. As a Canes fan, I would do near anything to get Kevin Klein on my team since he brings a steady, positional presence on the blueline and our blueline is hurting bad. Although Rinne wasn't at his best (he's usually impossible to score on when we play him), he had several solid glove saves and shut out the Stars for the 1st and 3rd periods.

So thank you all for your hospitality! Going to a downtown arena was a lot of fun. Furthermore, it's awesome seeing hockey thrive in another southern state. I hope you guys make the playoffs and do some damage.
Reading this made me laugh at first, as it's my instinct to think this is a ridiculous statement. Then I remembered Klein is actually good now.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:54 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
as noted I missed the game but have seen this referenced... can you explain what happened??
He got high sticked by someone and was skating to the bench bleeding. Realizing the play was headed back into our zone he skated back without his stick and destroyed a guy in the corner and then a few moment later a guy is skating up the middle and he destroys him with another check. Play is whistled dead. Stars guys start chirping at Weber when Yip steps in and goes with Nystrom. Weber was in beast mode. Absolutely destroyed the two Stars players.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
He got high sticked by someone and was skating to the bench bleeding. Realizing the play was headed back into our zone he skated back without his stick and destroyed a guy in the corner and then a few moment later a guy is skating up the middle and he destroys him with another check. Play is whistled dead. Stars guys start chirping at Weber when Yip steps in and goes with Nystrom. Weber was in beast mode. Absolutely destroyed the two Stars players.
nice. at $14M we need THAT Weber to be there every night...

Old
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
nice. at $14M we need THAT Weber to be there every night...
Reminded me of Pronger but on steroids.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:59 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Reminded me of Pronger but on steroids.
so does his salary...

Old
02-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Does anyone happen to remember when that happened? I didn't get home until just before we made it 4-3. I know it was 4-2 but I don't know how long of a time frame that was. I'd like to go back and see the Weber stuff.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:13 PM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
spare me the holier than thou crap... part of the attraction of sport is we can vicariously let our "dark side" show a little.... nobody here would actually be glad if Robidas (who is a feminine hygeine product in the eyes of Preds fans) got hurt but we can vicariously enjoy him getting a little comeuppance, even if it is a "dirty" play...
Haha alright chief. Though I don't really see how preds fans consider robidas a ******, especially if you're going off the tootoo incident.

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Haha alright chief. Though I don't really see how preds fans consider robidas a ******, especially if you're going off the tootoo incident.
actually I was going by him high sticking hornqvist in the face after horns scored our third goal last night.... but regardless, he should be named "Massengil" Robidas...

Old
02-26-2013, 12:28 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
We need a good nickname for Josi
Anything but Jo-jo (pronounced like yo-yo). We sit in front of a teenage girl who screams that and other little quaint nicknames for other players at the top of her lungs continuously throughout the game. First game it was kind of funny, now it's just completely obnoxious.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:33 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Not to mention it looked like he went over to our bench and told the guys to get their head out of their posteriors.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote