HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 17: Kings vs. Ducks - 2/25/13 - FOUR Game Win Streak!!!!

Old
02-26-2013, 03:39 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Darryl Sutter's post game conference is hilarious.

For those of you who want a translation:
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/25...er/#more-28794

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:52 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
dont forget brownie
And Frankenberry lulz

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:02 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

I'm late to the conversation cause I had my own hockey game during the Kings game. Wish I could watch a replay of the third! I don't have cable or GCL, anyone know how I can watch it somehow?? Anyway, here's my obligatory contribution after a Kings-ucks victory:

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:03 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So we got a lot of food/drink players on this team now.

Whiskey
Muffins
Pancakes
Donuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
dont forget brownie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
And Frankenberry lulz
Sounds like some serious avatar potential...

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:07 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

It was awesome when they got those goals grouped together and didn't sit back. They kept charging full steam ahead. Loved that 3rd period.

tattooedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:07 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I'm totally jinxing him here but I found this interesting in regards to Jeff Carter:

His current goals per game pace this season would result in a 48 goal season over an 82 game schedule. He has a total of 24 goals in 53 games as a King. Carter's been crushing it.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:10 AM
MsWoof

This was nice to wake up to! I went to bed at 2-1 Ducks and thought I saw a misprint on NHL.com when I saw a "5" next to the Kings logo!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:28 AM
topliner967

Nolan with a good fight again. I think the fact that he's a lefty (well, at least throws punches with his left hand) surprises his opponents, but they'll probably catch on soon enough.

Great to see the team getting close to the way they played in the playoffs. Just need to be consistent now.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:50 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Video: LA Kings Pass Big Test Against Anaheim, 5-2

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Omni Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Sutter reminds me of, dare I say, the Kings version of Phil Jackson. Understands the game so well and all the enigmas that come with it. Like a hockey mystic who speaks in riddles...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by topliner967 View Post
Nolan with a good fight again. I think the fact that he's a lefty (well, at least throws punches with his left hand) surprises his opponents, but they'll probably catch on soon enough.

Great to see the team getting close to the way they played in the playoffs. Just need to be consistent now.
Trust me everyone knows Nolan is lefty. Teams have film on all the potential fighters on each team. This just shows you what a brawl can do to put energy to a team. When your teammate wins a fight it sparks everyone up.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Sutter reminds me of, dare I say, the Kings version of Phil Jackson. Understands the game so well and all the enigmas that come with it. Like a hockey mystic who speaks in riddles...
More like Yoda...

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:13 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
I hope this puts Penner on a hot streak and he can keep netting some pucks. It seems pretty obvious to me that he is really liked among his teammates and that they throw him a lot of bones to keep his confidence up. Last night Kopi was the #1 star and Kopi (based on how they usually do it, interviewing the #1 star) should have got the interview but he handed that over to Penner...in fact i feel like Penner even been given a star of the game was a bit of a handout. In any case, i like the guy and he looks like he's getting in sync with the rest of the team and getting into his playoff Penner form.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Perro

Everyone loves Sutter when the team is winning. Saw it here in Calgary that once the team starts loosing instead of him being hilarious in the press conferences, people see him as being an ass even though he didn't change.
Personally I love him, and think that he gets asked a lot of stupid quesitons.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
I hope this puts Penner on a hot streak and he can keep netting some pucks. It seems pretty obvious to me that he is really liked among his teammates and that they throw him a lot of bones to keep his confidence up. Last night Kopi was the #1 star and Kopi (based on how they usually do it, interviewing the #1 star) should have got the interview but he handed that over to Penner...in fact i feel like Penner even been given a star of the game was a bit of a handout. In any case, i like the guy and he looks like he's getting in sync with the rest of the team and getting into his playoff Penner form.
I hope so too. I like him and stoll together.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

That one reporter asked an interesting question about declining a penalty shot for a PP. I don't think you should decline a PS because PS's have a higher scoring rate than PP's. But I do think you should get a 2-minute PP if you miss your PS. I said this in the GDT. I just don't think the team that commits the penalty that results in a PS gets punished enough. It's not like PS's have >50% success rate. It's like the "and 1" in basketball. You get fouled and miss the shot, you get 2 free throws. You get fouled and make the shot, you get one free throw.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Rather be overachieving ****ers than underachieving ****ers.
Well played

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
That one reporter asked an interesting question about declining a penalty shot for a PP. I don't think you should decline a PS because PS's have a higher scoring rate than PP's. But I do think you should get a 2-minute PP if you miss your PS. I said this in the GDT. I just don't think the team that commits the penalty that results in a PS gets punished enough. It's not like PS's have >50% success rate. It's like the "and 1" in basketball. You get fouled and miss the shot, you get 2 free throws. You get fouled and make the shot, you get one free throw.
A couple free throws is far less significant than a hockey goal. So I don't think that would ever catch on.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:58 AM
deeshamrock

Props to Nolan for stepping up, that fight really got the team moving.
Props to Doughty for a good game and a Massive hit

Props to entire team for allowing only 41 goals, good enough for #2 in the league (actually tied with the Habs but they 've played 2 more games) chicago has 37 but played 2 more games.

I like it that Sutter wasn't satisifed, I think that keeps this team moving. Loved the effort by all 4 lines, esp the top 2 lines.

How good is Slava????Wow...

OT- Really like what McLean is doing for the Senators. Lose Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson and still win and play 60 min. That's really impressive.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Voynov has been amazing!

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Voynov has been amazing!
He has been impressive, can you imagine our blue line when/if Mitchell gets back...the only part i worry about is when/if mitchell comes back, whos out? everyone has been doing such a great job its a shame someone has to go.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
He has been impressive, can you imagine our blue line when/if Mitchell gets back...the only part i worry about is when/if mitchell comes back, whos out? everyone has been doing such a great job its a shame someone has to go.
Well, not to be a debbie downer, but until Muzzin started moving his feet last night, I was shaking my fist at the screen. He's still woefully inconsistent...though he's TERRIFIC when he's aggressive and moving his feet. Lots of raw potential there (I see what TG was saying).

That lookoff was amazing. yeah, it's tough to figure out who to sit. All of these kids (relatively, haha--drewiske, muzzin, ellerby) are getting valuable game experience and will be assets for the future. I think we tend to forget that they haven't peaked, and that they're going to get better, not worse!

Martinez will be back sooner rather than later...Greene and Mitchell, not so much, so hoping Ellerby turns into that shutdown guy...Muzzin looks too offensively inclined to really be 'a Mitchell', and I don't mean that in a derogatory way.

I'll admit to being wrong about our defensive depth. When Martinez went down after Greene and Mitchell, I thought we were sunk, but if we keep playing like we are now...

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
I know they've been bringing it up on the telecasts lately, but his body positioning is second-to-none. The guy just erases big forwards like it's no big deal. I'm worried he'll be pushing a high contract soon, but he's certainly earning it. The little handoff play they keep running along the boards...I keep thinking it's going to get him killed, but he keeps just squeezing by

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:32 AM
TopT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Kopitar has had some games this year where he's played really well but didn't get any points. Tonight he played like crap (aside from a few nice little plays) and comes home with 3 points.

I really like what I saw from Brown. He was PISSED after he took that penalty that resulted in an Anaheim goal. He was on a mission after that.

Also loved Penner's game. When he plays like that, he fits this teams style perfectly.
I am sorry but what the hell were you watching; it sure wasnt the game at Staples

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Ollie Weeks

Muzzin is doing as many great things as bad things out there, so relatively speaking I'm pleased with his rookie showing. I really don't know who sits when Martinez gets back. I'd guess Ellerby based on his minutes, or drewiske because his job IS to be the number 7.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote